Try and beat Absorbing Man sans PIS/CIS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Ok, people. Wipe off your stomachs and change your panties, it's time to see who can kick AM's ass without writer's aid.

Few rules:
No BFR

So, throw out a character and I'll argue about how AM could/would/should win.

DigiMark007
Damn. Um, I think I have a way to do this but I'm kinda waiting for the tourney if I have to face bran and goober.

...so sorry, but I can't bite just yet.

Lucid Lui
A Telepath?

Martian_mind
Ragman

long pig
You should say it in PM.

long pig
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
A Telepath?
Nah, he can absorb psychic energy. He's also a telepath himself and can absorb minds.

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Ragman
How?

Martian_mind
He sucks souls.not sure how that helps but if Absorbing man touches him he will be sucked into the cloak

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by long pig
Nah, he can absorb psychic energy. He's also a telepath himself and can absorb minds. Even so, if he comes up against a more skilled telepath, how does turning into psychic energy help him?

darthgoober
Hey now, don't be giving anybody ideas here.

long pig
He sucks souls.not sure how that helps but if Absorbing man touches him he will be sucked into the cloak
That's battlefield removal. Not allowed.

Even so, if he comes up against a more skilled telepath, how does turning into psychic energy help him?
I don't know if being more skilled a Telepath would even matter. AM litterally absorbs their minds.

darthgoober
I don't know if being more skilled a Telepath would even matter. AM litterally absorbs their minds.
Hey....do you happen to have a scan of that? shifty

bigbran
*Bastard*

Lucid Lui
I don't know if being more skilled a Telepath would even matter. AM litterally absorbs their minds. Can i get an example of this happening?

long pig
Hulk's last series, AM is confined, so without anything to absorb, he throws his consciousness out of his mind and takes over people's mind by absorbing it.

He was basically controlling dozens of people at once.

bigbran
Hulk's last series, AM is confined, so without anything to absorb, he throws his consciousness out of his mind and takes over people's mind by absorbing it.

He was basically controlling dozens of people at once. *Goes to find this*

Lucid Lui

He was basically controlling dozens of people at once. Interesting. Were these people telepaths themselves though, with powerful mindblocks of their own in place? I find it hard to believe he could do that to someone like Prof X.

Martian_mind
it's not battlefield removal,he actually becomes a patch on ragmans cloak.he isn't teleported anywhere.

long pig
Interesting. Were these people telepaths themselves though, with powerful mindblocks of their own in place? I find it hard to believe he could do that to someone like Prof X.
No, just normal people. But he didn't mind blast them or even hypnotize them, he didn't do anything that wasn't physical. Prof X uses mind power, but he doesn't have protection from an attack on his actual brain.

AM doesn't do it with mental energy, he did it physically.

xmarksthespot
A telepath-telekinetic?

long pig
Can TK hold onto something like wind or light?

Lucid Lui
In some cases, yeah.

long pig
Hmm...I suppose so.

I don't think I've ever seen TK hold something intangible.

Martian_mind
So it seems it's RAGMAN FTW once again

B dot Rob
Superman

Absorbing Man touches Superman to try and absorb his power set but gets OHKO'd thanks to not having the solar reserves to use his powers

sad

darthgoober
So it seems it's RAGMAN FTW once again
How does Ragman turn people into rags(what's the procedure I mean)?

Martian_mind
they are converted into a patch on his cloak,it's like a mini limbo capsule were they try and work of thier sins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Any Magic user can beat him. Also Someone like Parasite would OWn absorbing man.

darthgoober
they are converted into a patch on his cloak,it's like a mini limbo capsule were they try and work of thier sins.
Yes but does he touch them or shoot a beam or just will it to happen or what?

darthgoober
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Any Magic user can beat him. Also Someone like Parasite would OWn absorbing man.
In a no PIS/CIS and no BFR battle "any" magic user would have an extremely hard time with him. He could absorb any mystical energy thrown at him, and just use it to become stronger. The same would go for any shields they raised, or creatures they summoned. That's not to say AM is unbeatable by magic user's, but given the conditions of this particular thread they would have to be in Strange's league.

And I actually doubt that Parasite could take AM either if he fights smart.

xmarksthespot
Could Zatanna just say "eid"?

darthgoober
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Could Zatanna just say "eid"?
That would probably work, be she's about the level I was talking about being required to beat him.

guy222
Ok, people. Wipe off your stomachs and change your panties, it's time to see who can kick AM's ass without writer's aid.

Few rules:
No BFR

Savage Hulk, too strong
King Thor, too godly
Ronan the Accuser, so popular

Martian_mind
It depends on the person,if they are pure evil it's automatic for absorbtion but if they're reedemable in this life it's ragmans choice and i think it's impossible to control his mind due to all the ones he posseses.

Soljer
Originally posted by guy222
Savage Hulk, too strong
King Thor, too godly
Ronan the Accuser, so popular

Savage Hulk would be a JOKE to a non-jobbing Absorbing Man.

King Thor? I'm not sure. It's arguable whether Odin could really do anything to Absorbing Man BESIDES BFR him. If not, then King Thor wouldn't have any available options, either.

TricksterPriest
Couldn't RK Thor just de-power Absorbing man? Loki helped make the guy, why can't RK Thor just use the Odinforce to remove his powers or seal them?

King KAM
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Couldn't RK Thor just de-power Absorbing man? Loki helped make the guy, why can't RK Thor just use the Odinforce to remove his powers or seal them? or just call cap...cap will lean him with another right cross. evil face

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Soljer
Savage Hulk would be a JOKE to a non-jobbing Absorbing Man.

King Thor? I'm not sure. It's arguable whether Odin could really do anything to Absorbing Man BESIDES BFR him. If not, then King Thor wouldn't have any available options, either.

no expression

I hate absorbing man already

So long pig. How would you do it?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
In a no PIS/CIS and no BFR battle "any" magic user would have an extremely hard time with him. He could absorb any mystical energy thrown at him, and just use it to become stronger. The same would go for any shields they raised, or creatures they summoned. That's not to say AM is unbeatable by magic user's, but given the conditions of this particular thread they would have to be in Strange's league.

And I actually doubt that Parasite could take AM either if he fights smart.

you doubt it but how is he going to beat someone who literally takes his power right from him?

Galan007

Few rules:
No BFR

So, throw out a character and I'll argue about how AM could/would/should win. LT shifty

stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
WW's magic Lasso would take him out fairly easy. Turn back Human, and then she ko's him. I think the surfer could do it very easily. Turn him into free floating atoms and scatter them. It would a long time before he pulls himself together. Karnak could beat him. There is weakness in every material. No matter what he turned to, Karnack could find it and KO him.

Kid Kurdy
Absorbing Man has amazing powers. He should be HIGH on the food chain. If he only started absorbing a brain once in a while.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Absorbing Man has amazing powers. He should be HIGH on the food chain. If he only started absorbing a brain once in a while.

Everyone with powers like his always act like Tards. Amazing Man, and Metamorpho come to mind. I think Metamorpho would give Amazing man a good run for his money in a battle.

Endless Mike
PC Darkseid. Let's see him absorb the OE.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Endless Mike
PC Darkseid. Let's see him absorb the OE.

Post IC DS. Let's see him absorb the Omega.

Blair Wind
WW's magic Lasso would take him out fairly easy. Turn back Human, and then she ko's him.

Couldnt he turn into the lasso??

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Couldnt he turn into the lasso??

Even if he could, He can't use the power, It's hers to command. She just tells him to turn back human and he must obey. Then she ko's him.

K3VIL
Rune King Thor
1.Remove his powers
2.Fight a bit, gets annoyed and ovecharge him making him explode.When he tried to absorb earth's core he was shattered.

Classic Thor
1.Anti Matter blast.
2.Anti Force blast.
3.God Force blast.

Dr. Strange
1.Gave his powers to his chainball, takes it away, and win.
2.Change him into a kitty.

DigiMark007
Even if he could, He can't use the power, It's hers to command. She just tells him to turn back human and he must obey. Then she ko's him.

He'd be the same material, but not the lasso itself. I doubt she'd have control over him then.

Loki could do it. shifty

Blair Wind
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He'd be the same material, but not the lasso itself. I doubt she'd have control over him then.

Loki could do it. shifty

The lasso is made up of truth isnt it?

Ok, if she lasso'd him, would the lasso win out and take away his powers?

or would he turn into the lasso? and in doing so would she still have control?

Opinions?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Loki could do it. shifty

He still wont' be the Lasso. That property of having control of whom ever is ensnared is hers to command. being made of the girdle will only make him indestructible. It won't make him immune to the power of the lasso. She tells him to turn back and he has to obey. She knocks him out.

darthgoober
you doubt it but how is he going to beat someone who literally takes his power right from him?
Because if AM fought smart, Parasite would NEVER get close enough to do that. He could absorb light from the air and then fly around blasting or become gigantic by absorbing the ground(at which point his ball and chain would be 50 foot long) and smash the shit out of him. For that matter, there's no guarantee that Parasite could absorb off of him. He's got his own absorption powers that are mystical in nature. I'm not completely ruling out a win on Parasite's part, but AM should win given the stipulations for this fight.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
Because if AM fought smart, Parasite would NEVER get close enough to do that. He could absorb light from the air and then fly around blasting or become gigantic by absorbing the ground(at which point his ball and chain would be 50 foot long) and smash the shit out of him. For that matter, there's no guarantee that Parasite could absorb off of him. He's got his own absorption powers that are mystical in nature. I'm not completely ruling out a win on Parasite's part, but AM should win given the stipulations for this fight.

Doesn't parasite absorb what ever touches him tho? What good is blasting someone if theyjust absorb it's power?

Accel

He was basically controlling dozens of people at once.
Wasn't that later retconned in PAD's Captain Marvel run?

Beta Ray Howard
Ghost Rider. Penance Stare ftw.

tjcoady
Cloak.
Dr. Strange- remove Loki's enchantment.
The Doctor (Authority)- same

guy222

Few rules:
No BFR

Eternity...... nuff said big grin

long pig
Originally posted by K3VIL
Rune King Thor
1.Remove his powers
2.Fight a bit, gets annoyed and ovecharge him making him explode.When he tried to absorb earth's core he was shattered.

Classic Thor
1.Anti Matter blast.
2.Anti Force blast.
3.God Force blast.

Dr. Strange
1.Gave his powers to his chainball, takes it away, and win.
2.Change him into a kitty.

He'd probably change into anti-matter. And that'd suck.
Same with anti-force.
God force too.

Strange already beat him by basically taking his powers away.

Martian_mind
So long pig does Ragman take the win?

tkitna
How about if Rogue jumped on his back without a shirt on? I'm just curious to see what would happen.

juggernaut66666
Darwin can beat him
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1op2.jpg

tkitna
I was going to say Leech, but what would it matter if his powers were taken away as he's still a pretty big dude that could still beat Leech up. I guess the same would go for Rogue, but I was wondering if they would cancel each others powers out.

Space M ummy
actually, this is a pretty good challenge. Here's a non obvious one-

Husk, from the former generation X. Start the battle out in the form of quartz or something strong, but brittle- engage absorbing man so he takes it's properties.

back off, shift to adamantium or something that increases strength, then shatter absorbing man with a long distance strike, like a tree trunk through the torso.

That won't kill him permanently, but it's enough to disable him for a win.

The Fake Macoy
Would someone like blink or nightcrawler teleporting parts of Creel's body off count as a win? I don't really see how he can absorb that energy, but I could be wrong.

King Kandy
If AB absorbed the Lasso's enchantment, it wouldn't effect him, his enchantment would cancel it out.

Swanky-Tuna
I think any sturdy character that works in a certain element would have pretty good success against him. Someone like Surfer, Poison Ivy, or Green Lantern. If he turns into their element they would probably win because of their superior mastery.

Wouldn't he die if he did that?

long pig
So long pig does Ragman take the win?
Seems like it. I can't think of a way to counter it but someone else may.

long pig
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I think any sturdy character that works in a certain element would have pretty good success against him. Someone like Surfer, Poison Ivy, or Green Lantern. If he turns into their element they would probably win because of their superior mastery.

Wouldn't he die if he did that?
Why would he die? Does anti-matter destroy itself?

Martian_mind
RAGMAN FTWband

Blair Wind
Why would he die? Does anti-matter destroy itself?

Well, if it were created in a state of matter (our "positive" universe) then touching matter would make him explosive. (total opposites or something of that nature)

long pig
RAGMAN FTWband
Curse you Ragman and your, by all accounts, basically incomprehensible powerset! CURSE YOUUUUU!!!!!!

Soljer
Well, if it were created in a state of matter (our "positive" universe) then touching matter would make him explosive. (total opposites or something of that nature)

Not 'explosive' persay....

It just so happens that if matter comes into contact with antimatter, it transforms into pure energy.

So perhaps, becomming antimatter would only turn Absorbing man into energy?

long pig
Exploding doesn't mean death, he's exploded millions of times and reformed...all while fighting.

Swanky-Tuna
So the only way to beat Absorbing Man in this situation is a high level, disembodied telepath that can destroy his mind?

Martian_mind
So the only way to beat Absorbing Man in this situation is a high level, disembodied telepath that can destroy his mind?

That or RAGMAN

Swanky-Tuna
I refuse to absorb any information on Ragman so I just keep thinking you guys are talking about Geno from Super Mario RPG. Rotate D-pad!

Martian_mind
I refuse to absorb any information on Ragman so I just keep thinking you guys are talking about Geno from Super Mario RPG. Rotate D-pad!

in your sig you do realise you don't take thor's hat,you just knock it off stick out tongue

Swanky-Tuna
But it came off 'cause I jumped him. In the confusion, I take it and run.

I'm thinking about doing a series of sigs where I steal and collect various hats, thus gaining power. Like a ridiculous highlander.

Martian_mind
But it came off 'cause I jumped him. In the confusion, I take it and run.

I'm thinking about doing a series of sigs where I steal and collect various hats, thus gaining power. Like a ridiculous highlander.

sounds cool and your ultimate goal could be galactus's pope hat eek!

long pig
Dude, you should so take Galactus' hat....or are you afraid?

long pig
sounds cool and your ultimate goal could be galactus's pope hat eek!
You theif.

It took me longer to type it because I'm drunk, but I thought of it first. How dare you?!

Martian_mind
You theif.

It took me longer to type it because I'm drunk, but I thought of it first. How dare you?!

well that'll teach you to drink the beer you make in your bathtub stick out tongue

long pig
I didn't drink it as much as I inhaled it. I will get my revenge, oh yes....I will get my revenge.

Martian_mind
Not if your so pissed yo can barely stand....that's right try to stand up...yes that's it...oop you fell down,yeah just like i thought stick out tongue

long pig
I hold my liquor quite well for a pothead...despite what the cat covered in vomit says.

He'll get his as well....oh yes...

Martian_mind
The scary thing is that's not a cat....THAT'S YOUR CHILDomg_smilie

Swanky-Tuna
You're both late. After I made this one I thought about making one with Galactus but I knew I'd need the power of a lot of hats to pull it off.

K3VIL
Same with anti-force.
God force too.

Strange already beat him by basically taking his powers away.
He can be overcharged.He'll change into nothing, cause Mjolnir got sufficient energies to overcharge AM.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.