Gunslinger Girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I got to see a few previews of the show on IFC. WOW! Young sweet looking teen girls trained to be assasins...Me likes! Anyone got any more info on the Manga or the TV series?

Haruhi
Try animenewsnetwork.com

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I got to see a few previews of the show on IFC. WOW! Young sweet looking teen girls trained to be assasins...Me likes! Anyone got any more info on the Manga or the TV series?

Perv (actually that joke comes up several times in the series)

I've never seen the whole thing but the action sequences are pretty good and the story line is really moving.

WrathfulDwarf
Indeed..the action sequences look real good. That is what really caught my attention the most.

Lana
I've not seen all of it, but what I have seen I liked a lot.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm gonna watch the first two episodes. If I like them then is very likely I'll get hook on the series.

Souichiro Nagi
Agreed, my mom loves anime. And she says it rocks, i thought the name sounded cheesey so i said forget it. But now i regret it, i'm gonna buy it off Amazon or something.

Psyquis52
I watched the entire series. (insert gratuitous plug for my review section here) and I feel that somebody needs to expand on it. I hear the manga is amazing and I believe it.

The show really needs to be longer.

WrathfulDwarf
Series premire on IFC tonight. Hoping it's good. smile

WrathfulDwarf
Saw it and like it!

I just wish there is more to the story of young girls trained to be assassins. A little short episode but good.

Lana
I saw a DVD set of the entire series at Best Buy the other day; I would have gotten it but I can't really afford that type of thing right now stick out tongue

Psyquis52
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Saw it and like it!

I just wish there is more to the story of young girls trained to be assassins. A little short episode but good.

That's pretty much it to a "t".

Dinalfos
I've seen all 13 episodes and I really like it. A bit too short, but the premise is fresh enough. It's science fiction, but not in your typical manga/anime way. It's very heavy on the drama and realism, which makes it one on the most moving shows I've seen in a while. It's almost equal to Death Note, even smokin'

WrathfulDwarf
Really getting into the series. I must say it's quite dramatic. Defenetly worth owning.

Lana> I'm sure you can find it for a lot less in a convention than at Best buy. Too pricey. Next time you visit one look around. I'm sure you'll find it for less. smile

StyleTime
I was beginning to believe I was the only person into this series. I picked up the Vol1 of the manga one day last year because I heard the series was interesting. The next day, I went and purchased the rest of the translated volumes. I also bought the entire box set the day it came out in stores. This is my favorite series bar none. I recommend the manga to anyone who enjoys the anime. The anime ends far too early and also changes a bit from the manga at the end. It's still any excellent anime though.

ADV has put the manga on indefinite hold unfortunately, so it's unclear when ,if ever, we'll see the rest of the translated volumes. Right now the series is on volume 7 in Japan.

Anyone have any favorite characters so far? Mine is Claes but Angelica REALLY develops as a character later on and is slowly inching her way into Claes's spot on my list.

LordFear
I just couldn't get pass the second disc, there seems to be something missing in this anime for it to be perfect

StyleTime
If you have not bought and started reading the newly released Volume 4 of Gunslinger Girl, you are wasting your life.

Every Single One Of You

StyleTime
Volume 5 of the series is out.

Again, if you haven't bought it and started reading it, your life is for naught.

Black Adam
I guess I'll give the series a try.

Black Adam
Just watched the first two episodes a few days ago. So far so good but I'll finish up watching Sci-Fi Harry before moving on to this.

Black Adam
well sci-fi harry was made of rushed ending and shinji whiny knockoff.

I was pleasantly surprised by gunslinger girl..so much so that i started
reading the manga.

StyleTime
Well, if you liked the anime, then good news.

A second season is in production right now.

Also, Vol 6 of the manga came out recently. Again, you're wasting your life if you're not reading it and all that.

Black Adam
Originally posted by StyleTime
then good news.

Not really. I've seen the 1 episode of the new season.. well I really didn't care for it.

It's been put through the shiny bright moe grinder. Also the new va's and animation aren't as good as in the first season.

StyleTime
I haven't watched an episode of the second season but I did see the opening. I am a little frightened for the anime right now. It's not done by Madhouse any longer and it looks like Artland has taken some unforseen turns with it. The first thing I noticed is that the art no longer retains the intense, melancholic feel the first season had.

HittakiMikaichi
I like this anime, too.Really cool...

but I'm too dissapointed with the 2nd season, because the character design...yeah, more cute than the 1st season, but 1st season is more cool than the 2nd season....

I'm only watched the ep.1...

WrathfulDwarf
Yeah, the second season was just.....meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.