Best heroine and villiness in gaming

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pulse2
Who would you give an award to as the best heroine of gaming and the most evil female you have seen in gaming?

(This wasn't meant to be sexist, actually, as so much of gaming is targeted at men and containing men, this thread sort of gives females some recognition and takes the focus off of male characters for a bit)

General Kaliero
Best heroine of gaming? Samus Aran, easily. First Lady of Gaming; she was badass back then, and she's still badass now.

Best villainess... that's tougher...

InnerRise
Lady Lara Croft.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Lana
Yeah, I'll go with Samus for heroine...

As for villian...bit trickier. I'll say Lady Yunalesca in FFX, for now.

Ricodrayz
The girls from MGS were good villiness.

toshin
Nina Williams is both the best heroine and villainess.

SaTsuJiN
Samus is definately a great heroine...

hmm villainess... I liked Sniper Wolf and Fortune (aka Lady Luck) from Metal Gear Solid Series

I thought Yunalesca from FFX was really good..even though she wasnt really considered 'evil' persay

MadMel
heroine - samus by far
villainess - chaos

Pulse2
I think there aren't enough evil female characters with a status in video games, males are easy to think of, the likes of Sephiroth is just one.

But I'm blank for villinesess.

SaTsuJiN
I dont know how much of a villainess Edea was from FFVIII.. but she looked pretty cool

Superboy Prime
Samus Aran for best heroine. She's hot and can kick more ass than the Master Chief himself.

Best villainess goes to Miang from Xenogears. God I ****ed that *****!

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I dont know how much of a villainess Edea was from FFVIII.. but she looked pretty cool

She wasn't evil. She was being controlled by Ultimecia (another female villain)

Lana
Samus is definately a great heroine...

hmm villainess... I liked Sniper Wolf and Fortune (aka Lady Luck) from Metal Gear Solid Series

I thought Yunalesca from FFX was really good..even though she wasnt really considered 'evil' persay

She wasn't really considered evil? Wow, first I've heard that.

Originally posted by ESB -1138
She wasn't evil. She was being controlled by Ultimecia (another female villain)

and Ultimecia = lamest villain ever

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Lana
and Ultimecia = lamest villain ever

I hear that.

SaTsuJiN
well I mean in the fact that she was just doing her job really.. what she had been doing for so long.. I would have expected no less of her to fight for her 'beliefs'... Also because she wasnt really a major focus of the game

and lol @ the Edea thing

§P0oONY
Samus isn't really a heroine.... More of a mercenary.

General Kaliero
Saving the universe from Metroids, Space Pirates, and the X doesn't count as heroism?

Kero_Co
Samus has a personal vendetta against space pirates and the evil they cause. Mercenaries will switch between good and evil whenever, but Samus will always be on the side of good.
As for female villain, I haven't played too many games with a female villain, so I'll say Queen Remedy for letting Mewt wear that awful hair style.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Saving the universe from Metroids, Space Pirates, and the X doesn't count as heroism?
Bet she only does it for the money... ermm

Lana
well I mean in the fact that she was just doing her job really.. what she had been doing for so long.. I would have expected no less of her to fight for her 'beliefs'... Also because she wasnt really a major focus of the game

and lol @ the Edea thing

Well, yeah, Yunalesca was doing her job, but if doing her job included perpetuating a cycle of needless death and killing anyone who tried to disagree with her...yeah, I'd say that's evil.

§P0oONY
I'm going with Amy Rose.... She's hot... hmm

General Kaliero

§P0oONY
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Pedo. stick out tongue
Not at all... Hedgehogs only live for 16 years tops... Amy Rose is about 3/4 of the way through her life...
hmm

SaTsuJiN
Well, yeah, Yunalesca was doing her job, but if doing her job included perpetuating a cycle of needless death and killing anyone who tried to disagree with her...yeah, I'd say that's evil.

when you put it that way I can agree laughing out loud

but from my personal viewpoint.. its like those cultists who dont know what they're doing is wrong because they've been so consumed by it..

I think in the same way the teachings of yevon had such power over her that she really thought what she was doing was the right thing

then of course I also have the "everyone affilated with yevon plays dumb" viewpoint... *gets dizzy*

Lana
when you put it that way I can agree laughing out loud

but from my personal viewpoint.. its like those cultists who dont know what they're doing is wrong because they've been so consumed by it..

I think in the same way the teachings of yevon had such power over her that she really thought what she was doing was the right thing

then of course I also have the "everyone affilated with yevon plays dumb" viewpoint... *gets dizzy*

Well, Yunalesca was also one of the people who created the faith of Yevon...so it's not so much that the teachings have power over her, but rather she helped create the hold it had over everyone.

BackFire
I'll say for Heroine, Terra from FFVI

Villainess.... Jenova from FFVII.

MadMel
chaos pwns all major female villains
she had the only weapon that could feasably kill her in her hands...then somehow she turned it into a creasent moon confused
she also looks the evilest
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MadMel_1st/chaos2.png

ESB -1138
Originally posted by MadMel
she had the only weapon that could feasably kill her in her hands...then somehow she turned it into a creasent moon confused
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MadMel_1st/chaos2.png

You forgot that she also looks like a man.

MadMel
ya that too laughing out loud
but chaos is female..
she also got the evilest voice
pitty i cant show...youtube dont work sad

InnerRise
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MadMel_1st/chaos2.png CRESCENT

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

MadMel
thank you

Pulse2
Originally posted by BackFire
I'll say for Heroine, Terra from FFVI

Villainess.... Jenova from FFVII. Jenove didn't do very much though, so I wouldn't say she has done enough or even said a word for that matter to be highlighted as one of the most evil villinesses of all gaming time.

BackFire
She was the only one I could think of that wasn't lame and hadn't been said so far.

She helped Sephiroth almost destroy the world, good enough for me.

MadMel
damn...this was this other one...
cant remeber her name though..

Thunder Fox
Heroine: Samus Aran
Villiness: The Boss from MG3

IceJaw
I'm pretty sure The Boss wasn't a villian, didn't you pay attention to what she said before the duel?

SaTsuJiN
Well, Yunalesca was also one of the people who created the faith of Yevon...so it's not so much that the teachings have power over her, but rather she helped create the hold it had over everyone.

doh I forgot how that whole thing worked out with the trio of yu-yevon, yunalesca and her man (I forgot his name)...

I thought Yu Yevon created sin.. and yunalesca sacrificed her lover to destroy sin, but he became sin and then became a fayth after dying.... did they do all of that on purpose?

Kadesh
Kreia from knights of the old republic 2, she is the palpatine of the kotor era. And revan from kotor 1(thats right, shes a girl in my book).
If this was male heroes then undeniably vader and palpatine from EAW and FOC

@satsujin.

The final aeon tradition is a joke, "false hope" as yuna stated. And apparantly yes, they did that on purpose and shes so brain washed on that tradition that she would kill people who go against it.

Pulse2
Originally posted by BackFire
She was the only one I could think of that wasn't lame and hadn't been said so far.

She helped Sephiroth almost destroy the world, good enough for me. Lol, I guess, I think she would have had more status had she done a bit more, she was more like an object of destruction (like a weapon) then a female, or even human for that matter, lol.

But no doubt she was powerful, its kinda unfair the presence of so little female villans or even heros, although I can mention a lot more heroines then that of villinesses, blood rayne and lara croft being only 2 from the top of my head.

Its difficult to think of evil females, however, Ultimicia and Adel in FF8 were quite powerful, if not more powerful then that of Chaos mentioned before smile

MadMel
ooh i dunno...chaos turned a baby swan (cant remember what they are called) into roast DUCK! how the hell does that work?? laughing..im not giving her credit for how powerful she was though...shes just plain evil...i would love to show you her voice, but for some reason i cant...sad

Rampant ox
Dont know about best heroine, but the best villainess would have to be Maleficent from KH/KHII. She was pretty badass.

BackFire
Originally posted by Pulse2
Lol, I guess, I think she would have had more status had she done a bit more, she was more like an object of destruction (like a weapon) then a female, or even human for that matter, lol.

But no doubt she was powerful, its kinda unfair the presence of so little female villans or even heros, although I can mention a lot more heroines then that of villinesses, blood rayne and lara croft being only 2 from the top of my head.

Its difficult to think of evil females, however, Ultimicia and Adel in FF8 were quite powerful, if not more powerful then that of Chaos mentioned before smile

Yeah, I thought of Ultimicia but I hated the way they lazily integrated her into the story so refused to say her.

Adel was cool, though. Forgot about her.

SpadeKing
Samus for best heroine

villiness? hmm not many of them the only one i can reall think of is the sorcerer from FF8 the last one you fight sorcerer not-edea erm or maleficiant from KH 1 or 2

Pulse2
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Samus for best heroine

villiness? hmm not many of them the only one i can reall think of is the sorcerer from FF8 the last one you fight sorcerer not-edea erm or maleficiant from KH 1 or 2 Ye Ultimicea, but like BackFire said, she was sorta stuck in at the last moment, there wasn't much talk of her.

((The_Anomaly))
EDIT

((The_Anomaly))
Samus owns. Shes hot but she pwns more n00bs then most men in gaming. Samus is da sheeeiiitttt. evil face

MadMel
damn right
samus pwns all competition..

((The_Anomaly))
damn right
samus pwns all competition..

Hells yea!

Pulse2
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Hells yea! Female Master Chief, lol. They both wear suits, only difference is Samus is not afraid to show who she really is.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Pulse2
Female Master Chief, lol. They both wear suits, only difference is Samus is not afraid to show who she really is.

That and Master Chief is about the most boring and uninteresting character in video games.

Pulse2
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
That and Master Chief is about the most boring and uninteresting character in video games. You don't like Master Chief, I thought everyone in the world liked him (lol)

The fact that there is supposedly a female spartan in Halo 3 must mean that Samus has competition :P

MadMel
nah, samus pwns all big grin

Pulse2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.