We Are Marshall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
anybody seen this movie? great movie.great story with a lot of good actors in it.Very fun and exciting and interesting movie to watch based on a true story.Highly recommended.

drewbiefan
I havent yet, although it does seem goodsmile

Solo
It's very mediocre.

drewbiefan
???

SnakeEyes
Looked like a terrible movie.

buddha1822
Originally posted by Solo
It's very mediocre.

that about sums it up... you want to see a better movie about a plane crash? rent United 93...

it's just only so/so good, but there's really nothing too it. honestly it's too PG and not enough true heart - it's much too much of a music video and not quality filmmaking. I mean c'mon, the director's name is McG and his credits include only the Charlie's Angels POS films and a bunch of music videos... what do yuo expect?

allofyousuckkk
hmm, we all know the ending, looks dumb

besides, sports movies usually bore me, same story everytime

its always
a) underdog team finally exceeds expectations
b) great team goes on into the big league just to lose

spencerspider
i liked it, one of the better movies i have seen recently, and i love sports, so it was nice to see a good one and based on a true story made it even better.

Wolfie
I want to see this. Haven't gotten to it yet though.

spencerspider
u should really go

SnakeEyes
Honestly, this looks like one of the worst films of 06, right up there with Gridiron Gang and the rest of the cookie-cutter/carbon-copy sports films.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by buddha1822
that about sums it up... you want to see a better movie about a plane crash? rent United 93...

it's just only so/so good, but there's really nothing too it. honestly it's too PG and not enough true heart - it's much too much of a music video and not quality filmmaking. I mean c'mon, the director's name is McG and his credits include only the Charlie's Angels POS films and a bunch of music videos... what do yuo expect?

give me a break at least We are Marshall is an accurate representation on what REALLY happened. united 93 is a fairy tale and not at all accurate at all.thats whats so good about it is that it is a pg movie and and was one like pg movies should be.its a movie that the whole family can enjoy,thats whats so good about it.and so what if thats the directors name and thats all he's done that doesnt change the fact he made a pretty good movie.

bakerboy
Havent seen it yet because still not released in my country, but it looks good.

buddha1822
Originally posted by Mr Parker
give me a break at least We are Marshall is an accurate representation on what REALLY happened. united 93 is a fairy tale and not at all accurate at all.thats whats so good about it is that it is a pg movie and and was one like pg movies should be.its a movie that the whole family can enjoy,thats whats so good about it.and so what if thats the directors name and thats all he's done that doesnt change the fact he made a pretty good movie.

it's not his name, that was a joke... it's his record, his experience, what he ACTUALLY does... he's only ever made: music videos and Charlie's Angels 1 and 2... I get that some directors can have breakthrough films, but this isn't his. This was a combination of all he's done previously in a 70's sports drama all made at a PG level. I said before, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either - very mediocre. The story is great, is very endearing, of course, and I think he captured that well, but the film on a whole... has some problems.

Mr Parker
I see what your saying and those are good points but dont compare it to that crappy united 93 movie and say its worse than that.Say its worse than some of the Airport movies about plane crashes but dont even go there saying its worse than that pathetic United 93.Like i said,THAT movie is a fairy tale version,thats now what really happened.Thats just the governments version of what happened and they're propaganda machine hard at work to convince people it was arab terrorists behind the plots when it was actually an inside job by OUR government.We are Marshall at least is based on events that REALLY did happen.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by spencerspider
u should really go

yes he is right,you should see this movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.