Atheism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Up In Flames
I've heard quite a lot of opposition against Christianity so I'd like to make a stand for my Saviour and Creator. Let's talk about atheism. From what the atheists here say, I've come to the idea that it is not only a hateful concept, its a selfish and cowardly one too. Hateful in the sense that these people attack Christians harshly and totally miss the point of the particular thread. Selfish in the sense that they believe in "self will" and not "self sacrifice". Cowardly in the sense that they run from the truth that Jesus Christ died for everyone in the world.

It is apparent that we live in a sinful world. People are ignorant of the fact that there is such a thing as absolute good and evil. And the atheists make it worse by disthroning the Heavenly Father by spreading their corrupt disease of Godlessness as much as they possibly can. Anyone who has come into contact with an atheist will say that these individuals serve nobody other than themselves. They refuse to believe that there is a governing figure watching their every move. They know that they would have to cease all immoral behaviour if they were to accept God as the true King.

Until I see an atheist sacrifice himself for at least another person to get whipped with shrapnel, get beaten to the point where he would no longer look human, be nailed to a cross and suffer the brutal agony for a few hours before dying, I urge them to keep whatever nonsense they want to speak about Jesus to themselves. They are in no position to mock Jesus if they cant even endure a fraction of the hell he went through.

Nobody is perfect. I'm not perfect. But Jesus was. For this reason, I gave my life to him and I owe him for every miracle, every gift I have received in my life. We all do. Atheists are not the enemies, despite the fact that they do work for him, and they deserve eternal salvation as much as any Christian does.

Question is whether they're willing to accept it or not...

Symmetric Chaos
unless you presently look like your sig I don't think you know what Jesus went though either

2-D
CHRIST ON A BIKE eek!

Regret
There are many great people that are/were atheists. They mock those that are hypocritical, they mock beliefs held concerning Christ and the Bible. I doubt any intelligent atheist would deny Christ's impact on history, nor the fact that he was a "good" man. If "Christians" more regularly behaved in a Christian manner, I doubt there would be as much vocal opposition to the "Christian" position.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by 2-D
CHRIST ON A BIKE eek!

at least try to respect peoples beliefs

2-D
comeon its funny..laugh...LAUGH laughing out loud come on he cud turn water into wine why couldn't he ride a bike.

Up In Flames
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
unless you presently look like your sig I don't think you know what Jesus went though either

I'm an aspiring powerlifter/bodybuilder. My sig is nothing but a portrait of an incredibly muscular physique.

Up In Flames
Originally posted by 2-D
comeon its funny..laugh...LAUGH laughing out loud come on he cud turn water into wine why couldn't he ride a bike.

See. Like I said, Atheists serve no others but themselves.

2-D
Thats very selfish laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Up In Flames
I'm an aspiring powerlifter/bodybuilder. My sig is nothing but a portrait of an incredibly muscular physique.

whats the longest you've ever spent being tortured? (you need some perspective before you can write about suffering)

how many athiests have been responible for genocide of people just becuase they disagreed with them?

atheists may not have the moral rule book that you do but frankly far too many christians are awful people
I'm not saying christianity is bad but if you force people to either belive what you do or kill them your not a very good person svaed or not

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Regret
There are many great people that are/were atheists. They mock those that are hypocritical, they mock beliefs held concerning Christ and the Bible. I doubt any intelligent atheist would deny Christ's impact on history, nor the fact that he was a "good" man. If "Christians" more regularly behaved in a Christian manner, I doubt there would be as much vocal opposition to the "Christian" position.

Thank You Regret

In the midst of religious based generalization, you often seem to bring some intelligence back into the threads....

Lord Urizen
I've heard quite a lot of opposition against Christianity so I'd like to make a stand for my Saviour and Creator. Let's talk about atheism. From what the atheists here say, I've come to the idea that it is not only a hateful concept, its a selfish and cowardly one too. Hateful in the sense that these people attack Christians harshly and totally miss the point of the particular thread. Selfish in the sense that they believe in "self will" and not "self sacrifice". Cowardly in the sense that they run from the truth that Jesus Christ died for everyone in the world.

It is apparent that we live in a sinful world. People are ignorant of the fact that there is such a thing as absolute good and evil. And the atheists make it worse by disthroning the Heavenly Father by spreading their corrupt disease of Godlessness as much as they possibly can. Anyone who has come into contact with an atheist will say that these individuals serve nobody other than themselves. They refuse to believe that there is a governing figure watching their every move. They know that they would have to cease all immoral behaviour if they were to accept God as the true King.

Until I see an atheist sacrifice himself for at least another person to get whipped with shrapnel, get beaten to the point where he would no longer look human, be nailed to a cross and suffer the brutal agony for a few hours before dying, I urge them to keep whatever nonsense they want to speak about Jesus to themselves. They are in no position to mock Jesus if they cant even endure a fraction of the hell he went through.

Nobody is perfect. I'm not perfect. But Jesus was. For this reason, I gave my life to him and I owe him for every miracle, every gift I have received in my life. We all do. Atheists are not the enemies, despite the fact that they do work for him, and they deserve eternal salvation as much as any Christian does.

Question is whether they're willing to accept it or not...

Your baseless generalization of Atheists reveals your layers and layers of Ignorance, and I wondor if I should even waste my time arguing with someone who is so evidently sheltered minded.

Nellinator
Not as much but there would still be opposition. People in general do not like it when people disagree with them and many are so proud as to force their beliefs on others. Others would accuse Christians of hatred if they did not support something against Christianity being proposed by the secular world. Persecution (however minor it may be) will always be apart of Christianity. We conceded things to secularism, but it is inevitable that secularism will continue to push for more concessions until they begin to remove our religious freedoms.

Symmetric Chaos
I think the problem is that when many athiests view Christianity they think of Marchello and when Christians think of athiests they think of Urizen (or perhaps me)

theendisnear
Institutionalized Atheism is a very scary thing.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by theendisnear
Institutionalized Atheism is a very scary thing.

Institutionalized religion is too

debbiejo
See. Like I said, Atheists serve no others but themselves. No, you're getting that mixed up with Satanists...Real Satanists that is.

Besides, shouldn't we all be true to ourselves? Otherwise you're living a lie, that's a sin ya know.

Boris
What a thread haha...it's sad that you actually believe that crap.

Atheisism is the way forward, Religion is trying to go back, no thanks!

Storm
Moral behaviour doesn' t follow automatically from theism.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Boris
What a thread haha...it's sad that you actually believe that crap.

Atheisism is the way forward, Religion is trying to go back, no thanks!

and that is why people hate atheists

Brois does not speak for all of us!

lord xyz
I've heard quite a lot of opposition against Christianity so I'd like to make a stand for my Saviour and Creator. You're creators are your parents. Your saviour is unknown or no-existant, having that said, I doubt anyone here has dissed them.
Let's talk about atheism. From what the atheists here say, I've come to the idea that it is not only a hateful concept, its a selfish and cowardly one too. But discriminating gays and blacks isn't?
Hateful in the sense that these people attack Christians harshly and totally miss the point of the particular thread. Example?
Selfish in the sense that they believe in "self will" and not "self sacrifice". So you're saying Atheists don't sacrafice themselves? Hmm...
Cowardly in the sense that they run from the truth that Jesus Christ died for everyone in the world. Not really, we have asked for the proof and the logic behind this, it is you christians who seem to run away. Seriously, we demand you provide valid evidence to suggest this; anyone true to their beliefs is willing to put them to the test, rather than ignore any outside information.
It is apparent that we live in a sinful world. And whose fault is that?
People are ignorant of the fact that there is such a thing as absolute good and evil. If there really is a good and evil, then evil, being evil, wouldn't be possible, if there is a god. Because such a god wouldn't allow it, nut all these things you say are evil are allowed, because they're possible to accomplish. Think about that next time you're at the abortion clinic. Originally posted by Up In Flames
And the atheists make it worse by disthroning the Heavenly Father by spreading their corrupt disease of Godlessness as much as they possibly can. What is this "Heavenly Father" that you speak of?
Anyone who has come into contact with an atheist will say that these individuals serve nobody other than themselves. Yeah I mean it's not like we have businesses and governments.
They refuse to believe that there is a governing figure watching their every move. Prove it, and I will believe.
They know that they would have to cease all immoral behaviour if they were to accept God as the true King.Define immoral.
Until I see an atheist sacrifice himself for at least another person to get whipped with shrapnel, get beaten to the point where he would no longer look human, be nailed to a cross and suffer the brutal agony for a few hours before dying, I urge them to keep whatever nonsense they want to speak about Jesus to themselves. They are in no position to mock Jesus if they cant even endure a fraction of the hell he went through. And I await you to do the same.
Nobody is perfect. I'm not perfect. But Jesus was. Define perfect.
For this reason, I gave my life to him and I owe him for every miracle, every gift I have received in my life. We all do. Then how are we supposed to pay him back?
Atheists are not the enemies, despite the fact that they do work for him, and they deserve eternal salvation as much as any Christian does. What enemy? What the **** are you talking about? If you said this to someone that had no knowledge of christianity, they would be so confused.
Question is whether they're willing to accept it or not... Accept what?

Marxman
There are somethings I agree with in your post but some of what you say is so ridiculous that I just have to say something. I'll be quoting just those parts.

Originally posted by lord xyz
You're creators are your parents. Your saviour is unknown or no-existant, having that said, I doubt anyone here has dissed them.
His "creator" is his god and his "saviour" is Jesus. Don't mock his religion. It shows your prejudice and ignorance.

Example?
If you don't notice it you're more ignorant than I first believed. Asking for an example is ridiculous. Who's going to search through the forums for one? But if you still want one I can probably find more than one is a matter of minutes. I can find an example of any "religion" being totally off-topic in order to get their point across.

And whose fault is that?
I don't get what you're trying to imply here.

If there really is a good and evil, then evil, being evil, wouldn't be possible, if there is a god. Because such a god wouldn't allow it, nut all these things you say are evil are allowed, because they're possible to accomplish. Think about that next time you're at the abortion clinic.

God "allows" evil to occur because he has granted free will. He didn't create evil, only good. Evil is simply the absence of good. There is no such thing as cold or darkness in our reality. It's just the way we perceive a lack of heat or light. Same with good and evil.

What is this "Heavenly Father" that you speak of?
This is the ridiculousness I am speaking of. You know what he means. You may not believe that there is one but you know he does so why say some stupid shit like this. The only logical answer for him is "God" and then we get into a stupid "There is no such thing - Yes there is" argument that gets no where.

Prove it, and I will believe.
Again. Stupid. You prove there isn't one.

Then how are we supposed to pay him back?
By following his teachings and doing good deeds, etc, etc would be my guess. You couldn't figure that out yourself?

What enemy? What the **** are you talking about? If you said this to someone that had no knowledge of christianity, they would be so confused.
I'm guessing the "enemy" is the devil or whatever you want to call them. And he's not directing his comments to someone with no knowledge of Christianity. He was directing his comments to those that have argued against Christianity on these forums and he makes that apparent in his post.
Accept what?
Refer to his sentence right before this one. no

lord xyz
Originally posted by Marxman
His "creator" is his god and his "saviour" is Jesus. Don't mock his religion. It shows your prejudice and ignorance. God isn't his creator, God doesn't exist. Jesus isn't his saviour by the fact that Jesus was a man who died nearly 2000 years ago. How a man who died way before Up In Flames was born could save Up In Flames, I don't know.
If you don't notice it you're more ignorant than I first believed. Asking for an example is ridiculous. Who's going to search through the forums for one? But if you still want one I can probably find more than one is a matter of minutes. I can find an example of any "religion" being totally off-topic in order to get their point across. Well the only atheist I've seen who misses the point of a thread and attacks Christianity instead is Lord Urizen. Although, his form of atheism is a lot different to everyone else here's form of atheism.
I don't get what you're trying to imply here. Why do we live in a sinful world and who made it sinful.
God "allows" evil to occur because he has granted free will. He didn't create evil, only good. Evil is simply the absence of good. There is no such thing as cold or darkness in our reality. It's just the way we perceive a lack of heat or light. Same with good and evil. I don't understand. There are too many flaws here but one thing is certain, good and evil are not abcolutes, they are opinion.
This is the ridiculousness I am speaking of. You know what he means. You may not believe that there is one but you know he does so why say some stupid shit like this. The only logical answer for him is "God" and then we get into a stupid "There is no such thing - Yes there is" argument that gets no where. I wanted to see his reaction when he sees I don't know what God is...but you spoilt it.
Again. Stupid. You prove there isn't one. THe fact that it's made up? The fact that it's as real as Goblins and Harry Potter? Or the fact that there is no evidence to suggest it.

I am not saying God is absolute false, that would be obsurd. But I like to believe in facts, not fiction, and until it is a fact, I won't believe in it.
By following his teachings and doing good deeds, etc, etc would be my guess. You couldn't figure that out yourself? And what did Jesus say? The Bible has been changed so much it's almost impossible to know. For all you know Jesus could of hated white people and say being white is a sin.
I'm guessing the "enemy" is the devil or whatever you want to call them. And he's not directing his comments to someone with no knowledge of Christianity. He was directing his comments to those that have argued against Christianity on these forums and he makes that apparent in his post. Yes I know.But you misread what I posted. The two questions were targeted at the satan bit to show how unclear he's being, as if we're supposed to know we are "evil" or something. The statement after was directed at all of his post to show that again, he is speaking in tongues and making little sense.
Refer to his sentence right before this one. no I did. I;m asking him what are we supposed to accept, we are evil, we work for the enemy, we need more help than christians (which may I add is incredibly arrogant), seriously, I don't understand his post but a total whine at people not believing what he believes.

finti
do you think that , "his ways", the opposition would show any less ignorance and prejudice towards other way of belief and ways of thinking?

Symmetric Chaos
How a man who died way before Up In Flames was born could save Up In Flames, I don't know.

not to be dismissive of religion but psychologically if you believe you are saved it could certainly have positive effects on his psyche

Well the only atheist I've seen who misses the point of a thread and attacks Christianity instead is Lord Urizen. Although, his form of atheism is a lot different to everyone else here's form of atheism.

thats not quite true

several athiests in KMC attack chistianity (yourself for example attempting to bait UpInFlames, denoucncing his beliefs as being born purely of ignorance)

finti
actually atheist "attack" any form of religions regardless form............ just by being atheist

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by finti
actually atheist "attack" any form of religions regardless form............ just by being atheist

explain

finti
well atheist dont "buy" the religious tales and every denial of them is considered an attack on the faith

Symmetric Chaos
I need to find some crazier Christians

All the christians I know (except on KMC) are more reasonable than that

finti
crazier than believing in a no provable deity with writings leading toward a no provable divine execution of a no provable son of a deity?

Symmetric Chaos
I mean Christians like Marchello

Besides Christianity isn't a mental disorder anymore than other forms of faith

finti
Marchello??????????????? as in the pizza
still a mental disorder just like all the other forms of faith

debbiejo
I mean Christians like Marchello

Besides Christianity isn't a mental disorder anymore than other forms of faith He left for the GF now.....Those poor poor people.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by finiti
Marchello??????????????? as in the pizza

no as in the most insane christian you'll find on KMC

go back through the thread he posts constantly

Originally posted by debbiejo
He left for the GF now.....Those poor poor people.

Marchello is gone!

big grin Happy Dance big grin

debbiejo
He's in the "Are you afraid of Dieing" Thread in the GF now...........He's a preacher!! blink

Symmetric Chaos
He's in the "Are you afraid of Dieing" Thread in the GF now...........He's a preacher!! blink

kind of a one track mind on that one

he spends a lot of time on the "i'm afraid of dying" thread here

Marxman
God isn't his creator, God doesn't exist. Jesus isn't his saviour by the fact that Jesus was a man who died nearly 2000 years ago. How a man who died way before Up In Flames was born could save Up In Flames, I don't know.
Like I said. Don't mock his religion. Debating and mocking are on two different ends of the spectrum. You can show him he's wrong without being an elitist.

When you mock his religion you're simply lowering yourself to the level of a religiously blind Christian. When a Christian says "Because the Bible says so" or something to that effect it is the same as you saying "Prove there is a God" when we all know that faith isn't based on proof.

Well the only atheist I've seen who misses the point of a thread and attacks Christianity instead is Lord Urizen. Although, his form of atheism is a lot different to everyone else here's form of atheism.
This is what I was trying to say before. Asking for proof of the unprovable is missing the point and trying to end the argument in your favor, instead of logically debating the topic.

Why do we live in a sinful world and who made it sinful.
Obviously, we (as in humans) did. No one particular sect of humans did. There is evil with them all.
I don't understand. There are too many flaws here but one thing is certain, good and evil are not abcolutes, they are opinion.
I wasn't implying that good and evil are absolute. I know that it is all perspective. I see drugs as good, while others see them as an atrocity. All I'm trying to say is that there is no such thing as "evil". Its a lack of virtue. If your virtue is to preserve life than killing would be a lack of that virtue and thus be evil.

I wanted to see his reaction when he sees I don't know what God is...but you spoilt it.
Oops. Sorry stick out tongue

THe fact that it's made up? The fact that it's as real as Goblins and Harry Potter? Or the fact that there is no evidence to suggest it.
I am not saying God is absolute false, that would be obsurd. But I like to believe in facts, not fiction, and until it is a fact, I won't believe in it.
More examples, in case you wanted more. wink

And what did Jesus say? The Bible has been changed so much it's almost impossible to know. For all you know Jesus could of hated white people and say being white is a sin.
True but that's why there is interpretation. And that's why there is so many different religions and branches of religious. Just for the record I'm not debating you right now because I'm a Christian. I just don't like being quiet when I see fault in arguments.

Yes I know.But you misread what I posted. The two questions were targeted at the satan bit to show how unclear he's being, as if we're supposed to know we are "evil" or something. The statement after was directed at all of his post to show that again, he is speaking in tongues and making little sense.
Ok. Agreed.

I did. I;m asking him what are we supposed to accept, we are evil, we work for the enemy, we need more help than christians (which may I add is incredibly arrogant), seriously, I don't understand his post but a total whine at people not believing what he believes.
No no. I think he meant that you deserve salvation. You just need to accept it, ie become Christian. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos

No no. I think he meant that you deserve salvation. You just need to accept it, ie become Christian. roll eyes (sarcastic)

but if we get salvation either way why must we change our beliefs from what we believe to be true?

Nellinator
We don't get salvation either way. Salvation is freely offered, but it only applies if you accept it.
If someone offers you a cookie and you don't take it you don't get the cookie.

Symmetric Chaos
I choose to believe that if there is a god it is omnibenevolent and willing to accept the fault of "imperfect" creatures

debbiejo
You will if they cram it down your throat...

Marxman
You will if they cram it down your throat...

That's a deep statement deb. thumb up

Nellinator
I choose to believe that if there is a god it is omnibenevolent and willing to accept the fault of "imperfect" creatures
He is. That is why he sent Jesus.

Up In Flames
You people want proof, take a read of this:

www.webspawner.com/users/jesusministries/jessie.html

The Wishmaster
Let's talk about atheism. From what the atheists here say, I've come to the idea that it is not only a hateful concept, its a selfish and cowardly one too.

I could say the same about your hateful religion. puke

Hateful in the sense that these people attack Christians harshly and totally miss the point of the particular thread.

Oh, I'm sorry, do I hear a hypocrite? hypocrite

Selfish in the sense that they believe in "self will" and not "self sacrifice".

And why would I want to sacrifice myself?giljotiini

Cowardly in the sense that they run from the truth that Jesus Christ died for everyone in the world.

He didn't die for me - I wasn't alive then.

It is apparent that we live in a sinful world. People are ignorant of the fact that there is such a thing as absolute good and evil.

I am well aware there is good and evil in this world. Your point being?

And the atheists make it worse by disthroning the Heavenly Father by spreading their corrupt disease of Godlessness as much as they possibly can.

And you spread your corrupt disease of Christianity as much as you possibly can, it seems.

Anyone who has come into contact with an atheist will say that these individuals serve nobody other than themselves.

People such as yourself serve no other than a fluffy white cloud in the sky.

They refuse to believe that there is a governing figure watching their every move. They know that they would have to cease all immoral behaviour if they were to accept God as the true King.

Immoral? I better take those sex toys back to the store on Monday, then...

You must be Christ resurected to know what he felt like.

Nobody is perfect. I'm not perfect. But Jesus was.

I'm perfect. laughing

lord xyz
You people want proof, take a read of this:

www.webspawner.com/users/jesusministries/jessie.html I'm sorry, what was that article trying to prove?

The Wishmaster
'Up In Flames', your link proves nothing.

A woman was ill, she recovered. Big deal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The story sounds, and reads like a 7th grade essay.

lord xyz
Originally posted by The Wishmaster
'Up In Flames', your link proves nothing.

A woman was ill, she recovered. Big deal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The story sounds, and reads like a 7th grade essay. It's the fact that the article says Jesus healed her, but doesn't SHOW HOW HE HEALED HER. It's just a case of, "You got better, you prayed, therefore Jesus did it." how is that supposed to prove it?

Up In Flames
Originally posted by The Wishmaster
I could say the same about your hateful religion. puke

Oh, I'm sorry, do I hear a hypocrite? hypocrite

And why would I want to sacrifice myself?giljotiini

He didn't die for me - I wasn't alive then.

I am well aware there is good and evil in this world. Your point being?

And you spread your corrupt disease of Christianity as much as you possibly can, it seems.

People such as yourself serve no other than a fluffy white cloud in the sky.

Immoral? I better take those sex toys back to the store on Monday, then...

You must be Christ resurected to know what he felt like.

I'm perfect. laughing

This very post justifies my opening statement.

Up In Flames
I'm sorry, what was that article trying to prove?

I must say, you talk trash everywhere you go, dont you?

Up In Flames
Adolf Hitler=Atheist ................. .........Martin Luther King=Christian

Anyone who knows and understands this will agree that Atheism and Christianity are the direct opposites of each other.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Thank You Regret

In the midst of religious based generalization, you often seem to bring some intelligence back into the threads....
Your baseless generalization of Atheists reveals your layers and layers of Ignorance, and I wondor if I should even waste my time arguing with someone who is so evidently sheltered minded.

And this coming from you? You are one of the people on this forums who generalise the most.
You simply have no place to talk.

I have done some merging recently and I went through some of your threads. Not one of those threads have any purpose other than trash Christians. All Christians are this and this, Christianity is this and this, and everyone else is stupid if they believe in Jesus.
There is no discussion, no thought provoking material, nothing.

Either way, I have an extremely low opinion of modern atheists. Much like when you hear word ''Christian'' you have a pre conception, when I hear word ''Atheist'', I have preconceptions.

Even though I do not believe in a Deity of Abahamic explanation I will refuse to be called an Atheist.

lord xyz
I must say, you talk trash everywhere you go, dont you? Coming from you? laughing

Anyone who knows and understands this will agree that Atheism and Christianity are the direct opposites of each other. WTF? laughing Spanish Inquisition = Christian, Slave traders = Christian, George Bush = Christian.

Do you really think naming one person who happened to be christian and one person who happened to be atheist is clear evidence that christianity is good and atheism is bad? Oh and recap, Hitler wasn't Atheist, there is no evidence to suggest that, only your propoganda. The Nazis however and Hitler's advisors, were christians.

Marxman
And Hitler was definitely NOT an atheist.

Marxman
And am I the only one who thought deb's post was really thought provoking? especially with this discussion.

lil bitchiness
And Hitler was definitely NOT an atheist.

And? His religion did not inspire his actions.

Stalin was an atheist, resonsible for killing some 40 million people, twice as more as Hitler, Mao, an atheist too, so this whole argument is ust counter productive.

Furthermore, Hitler used Swastika, does that mean that his actions are tied with Buddhism and Hinduism? No, so let go of Hitler.

Marxman
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Stalin was an atheist, resonsible for killing some 40 million people, twice as more as Hitler, Mao, an atheist too, so this whole argument is ust counter productive.

Furthermore, Hitler used Swastika, does that mean that his actions are tied with Buddhism and Hinduism? No, so let go of Hitler.

His actions were religiously driven. They were mainly racially driven but if he hadn't killed more than just Jews I would agree with you. However, when you kill Jews, Catholics, Gypsies, Communists, Gays, and so on it becomes apparent that he is simply exterminating anybody different. That includes race, color, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, political ideals, etc.

And to go on with the point you tried to make, Stalin's killings weren't inspired by religion either. They were politically driven, those you opposed were executed.

Symmetric Chaos

there's this really interesting book by Hitler called Mein Campf

according to it his religion did inspire his genocide

Funkadelic

Anyone who knows and understands this will agree that Atheism and Christianity are the direct opposites of each other.

All I gotta say is this: laughing

Regret

Anyone who knows and understands this will agree that Atheism and Christianity are the direct opposites of each other. Atheism and Theism are direct opposites. A person that is an atheist is not the direct opposite of a person that is a theist. Neither are many Christian beliefs opposite of an atheist's position. The atheists that I know believe people should be good, unless something has changed, Christians believe this as well.

Same argument from an even more stupid position:

Thus, using your argument, all whites are evil genocidal maniacs, and all blacks are peace loving well spoken men of worth, the opposite of the other. People are people, we're all basically the same, very few are direct opposites.

lord xyz
And am I the only one who thought deb's post was really thought provoking? especially with this discussion. Most people don't listen to what debbiejo has to say.

His actions were religiously driven. They were mainly racially driven but if he hadn't killed more than just Jews I would agree with you. However, when you kill Jews, Catholics, Gypsies, Communists, Gays, and so on it becomes apparent that he is simply exterminating anybody different. That includes race, color, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, political ideals, etc.

And to go on with the point you tried to make, Stalin's killings weren't inspired by religion either. They were politically driven, those you opposed were executed. I don't remember Hitler killing Catholics...

according to it his religion did inspire his genocide yes

Atheism and Theism are direct opposites. A person that is an atheist is not the direct opposite of a person that is a theist. Neither are many Christian beliefs opposite of an atheist's position. The atheists that I know believe people should be good, unless something has changed, Christians believe this as well.

Same argument from an even more stupid position:

Thus, using your argument, all whites are evil genocidal maniacs, and all blacks are peace loving well spoken men of worth, the opposite of the other. People are people, we're all basically the same, very few are direct opposites. Or rather, none.

Marxman
I don't remember Hitler killing Catholics..

He did. Maybe not on a massive scale like the Jews but Catholics were also killed. It might have been simply because they were trying to help the Jews, I don't know.

debbiejo
ooooohhhhhh Hitler killed everybody.....

Lord Urizen
And this coming from you? You are one of the people on this forums who generalise the most.
You simply have no place to talk.

Did I ever say all Christians were evil people ?

No

Did I ever say all Christians are stupid ? As a fact?

No

Did I ever say Atheists are somehow better than Christians ?

No

Did I ever say Jesus Christ was a great man ?

Yes

Did I ever say I know Christians who happen to be great people ?

Yes

Did I ever say my family and best freinds happen to be Christian ?

Yes

Have I ever critisized other groups of people besides Christians, you know like Jews, Muslims, Gays, Liberals, Bisexuals, etc.

Yes

I have critisized Islam just as much as I have critisized Christianity, and I have spoken out against Gay Media, against much of Gay Liberalism myself even though I am a Liberal Bisexual man.....hmmm......

And you accuse me of Targetting Christians ?

Get real Lil B..... thumb down

Any threads I made that make fun of Christianity (for example: Jesus is Inside me, Religish, Do You Beleive in the Holy Orgasm, etc) is just my usual trolling and should not be taken seriously.

Threads such as "Why did God create Hell" are valid and reasonable threads which attack a concept I rather strongly dislike: Hell. I do not see in any way, shape, or form how attacking the idea of Hell insults or bashes Christian people.

Smiter makes fun of Christianity ALLL THE FKN TIME...and he's a Christian. Is he bashing ?

I make fun of Gay people alll the fkn time, i MAKE FUN OF MYSELF more than I make fun of anyone else...so am I bashing myself ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have done some merging recently and I went through some of your threads. Not one of those threads have any purpose other than trash Christians. All Christians are this and this, Christianity is this and this, and everyone else is stupid if they believe in Jesus.
There is no discussion, no thought provoking material, nothing.

Simply Untrue....If you look at all my threads, I do condone Jesus Christ as a good person, and I mention how I admire Christians such as Mother Teresa, etc.

You either are blind to this, or you choose to pay attention to the threads which make it easier for you to dislike me/and or my arguments.

I also question and critisize the mythology of Christianity, very often, but since many Christians tend to be rather sensitive about their beleifs, it becomes a "you're going to Hell", "no im not" fest.

Either way, I have an extremely low opinion of modern atheists. Much like when you hear word ''Christian'' you have a pre conception, when I hear word ''Atheist'', I have preconceptions.

Hypocrite thumb down

Then you get mad at me for generalizing ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Even though I do not believe in a Deity of Abahamic explanation I will refuse to be called an Atheist.

Being labelled an Atheist shouldn't bother you any more than someone labelling me a Conservative, or someone labelling me a Homosexual.

There is nothing wrong with being an Atheist, there is nothing wrong with being a Christian, there is nothing wrong with being a Homosexual, etc.etc.etc.

It's when you use your identity or beleif system as a means/excuse to hurt other people that it becomes negative.

lord xyz
He did. Maybe not on a massive scale like the Jews but Catholics were also killed. It might have been simply because they were trying to help the Jews, I don't know. I must say, this is news to me. I heard about the Jews, Gypsies, Gays, Slavs, and possibly Gingers, etc. but I never heard he killed Catholics.

Marxman
I must say, this is news to me. I heard about the Jews, Gypsies, Gays, Slavs, and possibly Gingers, etc. but I never heard he killed Catholics.

I just dropped some knowledge on you wink

You're welcome.

Marxman
And if you'd like some proof.

Straight outta Wiki

lord xyz
And if you'd like some proof.

Straight outta Wiki Which isn't a fully credible source I must say.

Up In Flames
Hitler's ideas stem from his disbelief in God and from his full belief in the theory of evolution. The very fact that he does not accept the existence of an omnipresent, omnipotent, good, loving, merciful God deemed him an atheist.

By the way, he did have a religion, but it involved occultic beliefs rather than being God-motivated.

Up In Flames
Did I ever say all Christians were evil people ?

No

Did I ever say all Christians are stupid ? As a fact?

No

Did I ever say Atheists are somehow better than Christians ?

No

Did I ever say Jesus Christ was a great man ?

Yes

Did I ever say I know Christians who happen to be great people ?

Yes

Did I ever say my family and best freinds happen to be Christian ?

Yes

Have I ever critisized other groups of people besides Christians, you know like Jews, Muslims, Gays, Liberals, Bisexuals, etc.

Yes

I have critisized Islam just as much as I have critisized Christianity, and I have spoken out against Gay Media, against much of Gay Liberalism myself even though I am a Liberal Bisexual man.....hmmm......

And you accuse me of Targetting Christians ?

Get real Lil B..... thumb down

Any threads I made that make fun of Christianity (for example: Jesus is Inside me, Religish, Do You Beleive in the Holy Orgasm, etc) is just my usual trolling and should not be taken seriously.

Threads such as "Why did God create Hell" are valid and reasonable threads which attack a concept I rather strongly dislike: Hell. I do not see in any way, shape, or form how attacking the idea of Hell insults or bashes Christian people.

Smiter makes fun of Christianity ALLL THE FKN TIME...and he's a Christian. Is he bashing ?

I make fun of Gay people alll the fkn time, i MAKE FUN OF MYSELF more than I make fun of anyone else...so am I bashing myself ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Simply Untrue....If you look at all my threads, I do condone Jesus Christ as a good person, and I mention how I admire Christians such as Mother Teresa, etc.

You either are blind to this, or you choose to pay attention to the threads which make it easier for you to dislike me/and or my arguments.

I also question and critisize the mythology of Christianity, very often, but since many Christians tend to be rather sensitive about their beleifs, it becomes a "you're going to Hell", "no im not" fest.

Hypocrite thumb down

Then you get mad at me for generalizing ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Being labelled an Atheist shouldn't bother you any more than someone labelling me a Conservative, or someone labelling me a Homosexual.

There is nothing wrong with being an Atheist, there is nothing wrong with being a Christian, there is nothing wrong with being a Homosexual, etc.etc.etc.

It's when you use your identity or beleif system as a means/excuse to hurt other people that it becomes negative.

While I still disagree with your opinion, I must say you're not as irrational or idiotic as lord xyz

Up In Flames
Here's an article about one of the great men from the recent century:

www.aabibliography.com/oxfordsteps.html

Note how his beliefs and opinions were directed by God's intervention.

lord xyz
Hitler's ideas stem from his disbelief in God and from his full belief in the theory of evolution. The very fact that he does not accept the existence of an omnipresent, omnipotent, good, loving, merciful God deemed him an atheist.

By the way, he did have a religion, but it involved occultic beliefs rather than being God-motivated. Please show me evidence where Hitler says he didn't believe in God and where he believed in Evolution.

While I still disagree with your opinion, I must say you're not as irrational or idiotic as lord xyz Haha.

Up In Flames
Don't you have anything to say about the Frank Buchman article?

lord xyz
Don't you have anything to say about the Frank Buchman article? Not really, and I'll tell you why.

1. I can't be bothered
2. I shouldn't bother since it's religious propoganda
3. You wouldn't listen to my responce
4. It's unbeneficial and a total waste of my time
5. I have better things to do

Up In Flames
Here's an article concerning Hitler's views:

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/kampf.htm

If you believe that to be the thinking of a Christian, you are gravely mistaken.

Up In Flames
Oh, I'm listening to your responses, and they're totally off-topic and arrogant.

You aren't serious at all with this matter.

lord xyz
Oh, I'm listening to your responses, and they're totally off-topic and arrogant.

You aren't serious at all with this matter. " Please show me evidence where Hitler says he didn't believe in God and where he believed in Evolution." Is very off topic isn't it?Originally posted by Up In Flames
Here's an article concerning Hitler's views:

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/kampf.htm

If you believe that to be the thinking of a Christian, you are gravely mistaken. I must ask, what has Hitler got to do with Atheism? Does Hitler preach atheism? Do atheist learn about Hitler like he's a prophet or something?

NO.

Up In Flames
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" Please show me evidence where Hitler says he didn't believe in God and where he believed in Evolution." Is very off topic isn't it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very idea that Hitler believed the aryan race to be the dominant of all races clearly shows that he believed them to be the more evolved race of humans. He also stated in the Olympic games (the year Germany hosted it when Hitler was in power), "It is unfair that my athletes have to compete against this animal", after a black american won one of the track events. It fully signifies that according to his beliefs, black-skinned people have not fully evolved from the animal he thinks humans used to be: monkeys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I must ask, what has Hitler got to do with Atheism? Does Hitler preach atheism? Do atheist learn about Hitler like he's a prophet or something?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He spread his idea that the aryan race were not just the more dominant in the world, but universally as a whole. This shows that he didnt believe in a higher being (God), and this belief deemed him an atheist. Of course, he wasnt concerned with saying "I am an atheist" since he was too busy with hatred and mass murder.

debbiejo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
must ask, what has Hitler got to do with Atheism?........You are right...........He was A Christian man..........

Up In Flames
Hitler a Christian? Stop fooling yourself...

Adam_PoE
Hitler a Christian? Stop fooling yourself...

Hitler was born and baptized into Catholicism.

His Jewish antisemitism came from his Christian background.

His early personal notes shows his interest in religion and Biblical views.

He believed that the Bible represented the history of mankind.

His Nazi party platform included a section on Positive Christianity, and he never removed it.

He confessed his Christianity.

He tried to establish a united Reich German Church.

Hitler allowed the destruction of Jewish synagogues and temples, but not Christian churches.

He encouraged Nazis to worship in Christian churches.

He spoke of his Christian beliefs in his speeches and proclamations.

His contemporaries, friends, Protestant ministers and Catholics priests, including the Vatican, thought of Hitler as a Christian.

The Catholic Church never excommunicated Hitler. He died a Catholic.

Up In Flames
Catholicism is not Christianity, mind you. Plus, many people such as George Bush hide behind this veil of Christianity to get support from people. He is non-Christian, so was Hitler. Being a Christian means submitting to Jesus Christ and doing God's Will. You're supposed to humble yourself, not look down on other races. Since Hitler did the direct opposite, calling him a Christian is an invalid statement.

If you want to know the real (and only) definition of Christianity, I urge you to look to the Gospel Brethren. Only then will you discover that God and Truth are inseperable.

Adam_PoE
Catholicism is not Christianity, mind you.

That will come as a great surprise to Catholics considering that the Catholic church is the first Christian church.

Symmetric Chaos
Catholicism is not Christianity, mind you. Plus, many people such as George Bush hide behind this veil of Christianity to get support from people. He is non-Christian, so was Hitler. Being a Christian means submitting to Jesus Christ and doing God's Will. You're supposed to humble yourself, not look down on other races. Since Hitler did the direct opposite, calling him a Christian is an invalid statement.

If you want to know the real (and only) definition of Christianity, I urge you to look to the Gospel Brethren. Only then will you discover that God and Truth are inseperable.

oh dear God in heaven he's turning into Marchello

The Wishmaster
It's the fact that the article says Jesus healed her, but doesn't SHOW HOW HE HEALED HER. It's just a case of, "You got better, you prayed, therefore Jesus did it." how is that supposed to prove it?

Exactly. Jesus must have healed her somehow, but the story convieniently refrains from revealing that part.

lord xyz
" Please show me evidence where Hitler says he didn't believe in God and where he believed in Evolution." Is very off topic isn't it?

The very idea that Hitler believed the aryan race to be the dominant of all races clearly shows that he believed them to be the more evolved race of humans. He also stated in the Olympic games (the year Germany hosted it when Hitler was in power), "It is unfair that my athletes have to compete against this animal", after a black american won one of the track events. It fully signifies that according to his beliefs, black-skinned people have not fully evolved from the animal he thinks humans used to be: monkeys.

I must ask, what has Hitler got to do with Atheism? Does Hitler preach atheism? Do atheist learn about Hitler like he's a prophet or something?

He spread his idea that the aryan race were not just the more dominant in the world, but universally as a whole. This shows that he didnt believe in a higher being (God), and this belief deemed him an atheist. Of course, he wasnt concerned with saying "I am an atheist" since he was too busy with hatred and mass murder. ...NO. You're deeply mistaken. Atheists and Hitler have nothing in common. Do Atheists kill, discriminate and torture everyone who's different? Or does that sound more like what christians do/have done?

Hitler also went to Catholic school and Catholicism excited him more than anything else.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/boyhood.htm

You, or most likely, someone you know/a website, made that up.

lil bitchiness

according to it his religion did inspire his genocide

Have you actually read Mein Kampf, or is that something you just guessed on.

And to go on with the point you tried to make, Stalin's killings weren't inspired by religion either. They were politically driven, those you opposed were executed.

No they were not. I challange you to show me at what point were his actions religiously driven.
If you remember your history lesson, Hitler used Cahtolic Church at the begining of his power because of its influence.
It counted on getting suppot for his immense hateret of Jews!

All Church related speach has been taken from Hitler's speeches from '22 to '39. Once Hitler gained power, he revealed his true intentions and thus Catholic Church had opposed him.

Jewish historian, Jenoe Leva wrote a book ''The Church Did Not Keep Silent''. I suggest you read it.
Pope at the time was instrumetal at saving 860,000 Jews from the Holocaust.

Furthermore, remembering your HISTORY lessons, 6 million Jews, and 3 million Catholics were killed in the Holocaust.

In December 23, 1940 issue of Time magazine on page 38, Albert Einstein said:

''Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing truth. I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel a great affection and admiration because the Church alone has had the courage and persistence to stand for intellectual truth and moral freedom. I am forced thus to confess that what I once despised I now praise unreservedly.''

So please, learn your history.
This sorry debate of Hitler was a Christian / his actions were Religiously driven etc. is so tiering and is very often used by people who are not well informed of the European History.

lord xyz
Point to look back on: Hitler didn't start hatred towards Jews, the Catholic Church did, and Hitler thought if everyone hated Jews, they should be ridded, and then thought if he ridded the Jews he would be great.

lil bitchiness
Point to look back on: Hitler didn't start hatred towards Jews, the Catholic Church did, and Hitler thought if everyone hated Jews, they should be ridded, and then thought if he ridded the Jews he would be great.

Erm no. Did you ever read any history?
The Church was instrumetal in saving over 800 000 Jews from Holocoust!

Furthermore, you said few posts back you don't remember any Catholics being killed.
3 million were actually killed.
As far as Christians as a whole go, the numbe is sagnificantly larger.

Hitler's hateret of Jews did not start cos he heard it Church say so. Thats stupid. You have not read Mein Kampf. In fact you have not reay any history. What year are you in at school?

In any case, this is not a thread about Hitler. There is one in History forum.

lord xyz
Erm no. Did you ever read any history?
The Church was instrumetal in saving over 800 000 Jews from Holocoust!

Furthermore, you said few posts back you don't remember any Catholics being killed.
3 million were actually killed.
As far as Christians as a whole go, the numbe is sagnificantly larger.

Hitler's hateret of Jews did not start cos he heard it Church say so. Thats stupid. You have not read Mein Kampf. In fact you have not reay any history. What year are you in at school?

In any case, this is not a thread about Hitler. There is one in History forum. Bardock and Alliance are right, you are an idiot.

lil bitchiness
Bardock and Alliance are right, you are an idiot.

Watch what you'e saying. I will be treating this as name calling and a personal attack.
Consider yourself warned.

Symmetric Chaos
Have you actually read Mein Kampf, or is that something you just guessed on.

Have you read Mein Kampf?

And no but I have heard passages from it that describe Hitler talking about how it is his God given mission to purge the Jews

lil bitchiness
Have you read Mein Kampf?

And no but I have heard passages from it that describe Hitler talking about how it is his God given mission to purge the Jews

He was a believer in Deity.
However...
A Hitler Youth marching song (quotation taken from Grunberger's A Social History):

We follow not Christ, but Horst Wessel,
Away with incense and Holy Water,
The Church can go hang for all we care,
The Swastika brings salvation on Earth.

Funkadelic
That ain't Hitler personally.

Symmetric Chaos
He was a believer in Deity.
However...
A Hitler Youth marching song (quotation taken from Grunberger's A Social History):

We follow not Christ, but Horst Wessel,
Away with incense and Holy Water,
The Church can go hang for all we care,
The Swastika brings salvation on Earth.

Perhaps he wasn't a Christian

Are you willing to admit he wasn't an Athiest?

lord xyz
Watch what you'e saying. I will be treating this as name calling and a personal attack.
Consider yourself warned. Is this any different to when other people are called idiots?

Originally posted by Funkadelic
That ain't Hitler personally. True, this was written by one of Hitler's listeners. Who could have been an arrogant christian.

Funkadelic
Atheism itself has never inspired atheists to do bad things, has it? Yes some have done bad things, most haven't, same with Christians, same with everybody. BUT there are Christians that were inspired by Christianism to do bad things.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Hitler was born and baptized into Catholicism.

His Jewish antisemitism came from his Christian background.

His early personal notes shows his interest in religion and Biblical views.

He believed that the Bible represented the history of mankind.

His Nazi party platform included a section on Positive Christianity, and he never removed it.

He confessed his Christianity.

He tried to establish a united Reich German Church.

Hitler allowed the destruction of Jewish synagogues and temples, but not Christian churches.

He encouraged Nazis to worship in Christian churches.

He spoke of his Christian beliefs in his speeches and proclamations.

His contemporaries, friends, Protestant ministers and Catholics priests, including the Vatican, thought of Hitler as a Christian.

The Catholic Church never excommunicated Hitler. He died a Catholic.

lil bitchiness
Perhaps he wasn't a Christian

Are you willing to admit he wasn't an Athiest?

I never said he was. Hitler is known to have been religious. He had his own idea of nature worship.

Him being religious, or atheist has nothing to do with his actions - in Mein Kampf, which you said you have some knowledge of, Hitler explcitally critisises the Church for allowing the ''racial problems'' to happen in Gemany and Europe.

His motives were not religious in nature. They were political.
Stalin did terible things in the name of poressing religion. He was an atheist, but his actions did not sprin from Atheism, but from political interest of instating pure Marxism.

As far as Hitler not being excommunicated from Catholic Church, that is wrong. All Nazis were excommunicated in 1930 and in 1932 all CAtholics were forbiden by Vatican to vote for Nazi paty.

lil bitchiness
Is this any different to when other people are called idiots?

True, this was written by one of Hitler's listeners. Who could have been an arrogant christian.

Nope, name calling is not allowed at all, so please don't argue with me futher on this. Althouh, I have just looked your profile and seen you still 14 years old.

Eitherway, please don't do it again.

lord xyz
Hitler was religious, but if he isn't christian, the religion he's closest to, he's his own religion.

lil bitchiness
Hitler was religious, but if he isn't christian, the religion he's closest to, he's his own religion.

Yes, he also had his own church, worship of natue or something, or so I remember reading.

Up In Flames
oh dear God in heaven he's turning into Marchello

Why? Because I use absolute ideas?

Alliance
Because the ideas you use have been shown to be incorrect.

Symmetric Chaos
Why? Because I use absolute ideas?

Originally posted by Alliance
Because the ideas you use have been shown to be incorrect.

no and no

You were acting like marchello in that you were trying to prove that Christians were automatically good by redefining the word Christian.

Shakyamunison
Yes, he also had his own church, worship of natue or something, or so I remember reading.

Everything I ever read about Hitler was that he was Roman Catholic.

Alliance
That doesn't exclude the possibility that he also incorporated other religions in to his worship, but I am unfamiliar with this.

Up In Flames
no and no

You were acting like marchello in that you were trying to prove that Christians were automatically good by redefining the word Christian.

I'm not trying to redefine anything. The basic rules of being Christian is to follow the Ten Commandments. I do not regard Catholicism as Christianity because they do not regard the second Commandment which states, "Do Not Worship Idols". Walk into any Catholic church and you will notice the various statues and symbolic icons misrepresenting God. As close to Godliness as the portraits are, they're still idols. Another mistake of theirs is that they hold Mary above God. Mary was an important factor in Jesus' life, but she is NOT the mother of God.

My stand against other religions is not based on my religion being better, just the truth that Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

lord xyz
no and no

You were acting like marchello in that you were trying to prove that Christians were automatically good by redefining the word Christian. Oh my god, I wonder who that reminds me of.

Thundar
I'm not trying to redefine anything. The basic rules of being Christian is to follow the Ten Commandments. I do not regard Catholicism as Christianity because they do not regard the second Commandment which states, "Do Not Worship Idols". Walk into any Catholic church and you will notice the various statues and symbolic icons misrepresenting God. As close to Godliness as the portraits are, they're still idols. Another mistake of theirs is that they hold Mary above God. Mary was an important factor in Jesus' life, but she is NOT the mother of God.

My stand against other religions is not based on my religion being better, just the truth that Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

The basic rules of being a Christian are as follows:

To love God.
To love thy neighbor as thyself.

These are the two greatest commands, and anyone who follows both of these, will follow every other command listed within the bible.

Regret
Originally posted by Thundar
The basic rules of being a Christian are as follows:

To love God.
To love thy neighbor as thyself.

These are the two greatest commands, and anyone who follows both of these, will follow every other command listed within the bible. Breaking the other commandments is contrary to obedience to these two, if one breaks any commandment, one has shown that they do not completely live by these two, as they are in place for the benefit of man.

Thundar
Breaking the other commandments is contrary to obedience to these two, if one breaks any commandment, one has shown that they do not completely live by these two, as they are in place for the benefit of man.

I understand what you mean, but don't forget that salvation is given only by one having faith in Christ, not by their observance of the law. And remember with this salvation comes forgiveness of any laws one has broken.

The law was put in place to show man how to be loving. But due to the nature of sin, it is impossible for one to be present before God by just fulfilling the law. Accepting Christ as your savior is the most important part. This acceptance of Christ as savior allows one to now fulfill the law, with the assistance of the Holy Spirit.

Regret
Originally posted by Thundar
I understand what you mean, but don't forget that salvation is given only by one having faith in Christ, not by their observance of the law. And remember with this salvation comes forgiveness of any laws one has broken.

The law was put in place to show man how to be loving. But due to the nature of sin, it is impossible for one to be present before God by just fulfilling the law. Accepting Christ as your savior is the most important part. This acceptance of Christ as savior allows one to now fulfill the law, with the assistance of the Holy Spirit. But, only Christ knows perfectly what that means exactly, and only He can judge if a person has.

lord xyz

My stand against other religions is not based on my religion being better, just the truth that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. The commandments are jewish. And if Jesus is God, like you say, then Mary is mother of God. Fail.

Sanctuary
If Jesus is God and Mary his mother then she is the mother of God. That does not imply superior standing though. Nor divinity on her part.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Sanctuary
If Jesus is God and Mary his mother then she is the mother of God. That does not imply superior standing though. Nor divinity on her part.

Nor on the part of Jesus.

Sanctuary
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Nor on the part of Jesus.

No. Being God would imply divinity on the part of Jesus.

debbiejo
According the the Catholic church Mary is more than the mother of god, she is also sinless. Supposedly perfect like Jesus which also stems from Mithra and Dionysus Osiris.

Nellinator
Yah, rather pagan. Mary being sinless is simply not true though.

Shakyamunison
No. Being God would imply divinity on the part of Jesus.

Jesus did not make himself divine, man made Jesus divine. It was a common Roman practise to make their leader divine. How many emperors where called divine?

Sanctuary
Jesus did not make himself divine, man made Jesus divine. It was a common Roman practise to make their leader divine. How many emperors where called divine?

Not sure. 1?

That's not my point though.

Jesus being god makes him divine.

Whether he is God is a different matter.

Marxman
Originally posted by Nellinator
Yah, rather pagan. Mary being sinless is simply not true though.

Obviously. I mean she went to go visit her cousin, had an affair, came back and claimed a "spirit" inseminated her. Christianity is based on the lies of a whore.

Shakyamunison
Not sure. 1?

That's not my point though.

Jesus being god makes him divine.

Whether he is God is a different matter.

I understand, but if he was God, couldn't he also not be divine? Who are you to limit God?

Symmetric Chaos
I understand, but if he was God, couldn't he also not be divine? Who are you to limit God?

in most discussions of omnipotence even God cannot create logical impossibilites (ie being a nonDivine god)

Shakyamunison
in most discussions of omnipotence even God cannot create logical impossibilites (ie being a nonDivine god)

That is the problem with a god outside of us. What about this, we are part of God and God is everything that has ever existed, will ever exist, never existed and never will exist and more. Paradoxes are allowed.

Bardock42

...I dunno, I find paradoxes rather paradox.

TRH
God does not exist nor has he ever

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TRH

and

so what?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by TRH

I would find that statement just as true as God does exist. Paradoxes are allowed. big grin

TRH
He exists in some peoples minds

lord xyz
God the creator is absolute. We were definately created, or have always existed, but being created seems more likely.

God the leader is almost impossible. No evidence, no leads, nothing to suggest it except story books, which contradict eachother and themselves.

Me saying we have no creator is foolish; if people thought that's what I meant when I said there is no God, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. When I talk about God, I mean the leader, not the creator. And if you think they're the same, you are misinformed.

debbiejo
Jesus did not make himself divine, man made Jesus divine. It was a common Roman practise to make their leader divine. How many emperors where called divine? Yep Caesars or at least some of them were divine and Cleopatra too. At that point it was 2 gods marrying.

Marxman
God the creator is absolute. We were definately created, or have always existed, but being created seems more likely.

God the leader is almost impossible. No evidence, no leads, nothing to suggest it except story books, which contradict eachother and themselves.

Me saying we have no creator is foolish; if people thought that's what I meant when I said there is no God, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. When I talk about God, I mean the leader, not the creator. And if you think they're the same, you are misinformed.

So you see God as more of, let's say, a computer programmer that sets up the program's rules and regulations, then allows the program to take its course?

lord xyz
So you see God as more of, let's say, a computer programmer that sets up the program's rules and regulations, then allows the program to take its course? In a lesser extent, yes. Except life and computers are incredibly different, by the fact that life reproduces.

Symmetric Chaos
In a lesser extent, yes. Except life and computers are incredibly different, by the fact that life reproduces.

computer viruses can reproduce them selves ad infinitum given enough space

lord xyz
computer viruses can reproduce them selves ad infinitum given enough space You've lost me.

lord xyz
In a lesser extent, yes. Except life and computers are incredibly different, by the fact that life reproduces. Wait, what did I say? This post should be ignored by anyone requesting my opinion on God.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by TRH

Yes he does, in mythology

Up In Flames
The commandments are jewish. And if Jesus is God, like you say, then Mary is mother of God. Fail.

Of course the commandments are Jewish. Jesus was of Jewish decent also. So were many of the prophets as mentioned in the bible. But Jesus was NOT God, He was the Son of God.

Failure? Ive given you overwhelming evidence that God exists. You're the one who has yet to prove that He does not. You trying to find God is on par with a criminal trying to find the policeman. You'll never find Him as long as you continue running away from Him.

Up In Flames
Yes he does, in mythology

He exists in all strata of reality in Spirit.

Symmetric Chaos
Of course the commandments are Jewish. Jesus was of Jewish decent also. So were many of the prophets as mentioned in the bible. But Jesus was NOT God, He was the Son of God.

actaully Jesus WAS Jewish not just of Jewish decent

Failure? Ive given you overwhelming evidence that God exists. You're the one who has yet to prove that He does not. You trying to find God is on par with a criminal trying to find the policeman. You'll never find Him as long as you continue running away from Him.

don't worry Urizen has seen the light and founded his own religion

Up In Flames
don't worry Urizen has seen the light and founded his own religion

Sure...

Symmetric Chaos
check the recent posts on the other threads

lord xyz

Failure? Ive given you overwhelming evidence that God exists. You're the one who has yet to prove that He does not. You trying to find God is on par with a criminal trying to find the policeman. You'll never find Him as long as you continue running away from Him. You haven't proven dick.

Lord Urizen
He exists in all strata of reality in Spirit.

I have found God now....I am finally at Peace big grin

Magee
God does exist. What about when someone gets cancer but they dont die?!?! miracle. how about when theres a car crash and the person does not die!! God. When a baby is saved from a burning building, THAT IS GOD. You wanted proof, there you go so if you dont accept him as your lord and saviour you will rot in hell for eternity.

p.s Atheists are bad.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
God does exist. What about when someone gets cancer but they dont die?!?! miracle. how about when theres a car crash and the person does not die!! God. When a baby is saved from a burning building, THAT IS GOD. You wanted proof, there you go so if you dont accept him as your lord and saviour you will rot in hell for eternity.

p.s Atheists are bad.

I assume you're joking

Nellinator
Well, apparently he likes to smoke weed, get drunk, and has newgrounds as his homepage... Evidence points one way, words another.

Up In Flames
You haven't proven dick.

You've really mastered the art of speaking out of an entirely different orifice instead of your mouth. Use your brain more and read this again:

www.webspawner.com/users/jesusministries/jessie.html

fyi, brain tumors dont just go away like that...

Symmetric Chaos
Oh yeah that seems like a really impartial site

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>