Zarathos vs Doc Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
Zarathos win or lose

Space M ummy
Originally posted by guy222
Zarathos win or lose

no prep? Zarathos easily. He was giving mephisto problems in his own realm for a LONG time before being imprisoned.

With prep, strange has taken more powerful beings without too much difficulty.

jinzin
Originally posted by Space M ummy
no prep? Zarathos easily. He was giving mephisto problems in his own realm for a LONG time before being imprisoned.

WITH PREP when strange WAS about to engage mephisto, he ran like hell, and ordered the entirety of the midnight sons to do the same... so zarathos...

with prep strange MIGHT take him, but given his already less than stellar action.... zarathos.

guy222
Originally posted by Space M ummy

thumb up

Evangel94
thumb up

Why are you quoting an entire post and then responding with a single thumbs-up emoticon? What a waste. Surely, you have something more to contribute than just that.

long pig
I'm pretty sure Blaze asked Strange "If you are so powerful, why can't you take him our yourself?" Strange replied "I could, but in doing so I fear I'd break down dimensional walls."

I'm going to look, but he basically said he'd own the guy if he wasn't worried about hurting others.

I'll make sure first, though.

long pig
Anyway, let's make sure which Strange you're talking about. The masked Strange or the real Strange which was actually depowered at the time?

guy222
Originally posted by long pig
Anyway, let's make sure which Strange you're talking about. The masked Strange or the real Strange which was actually depowered at the time?

Any
GR just punked em

King KAM
Originally posted by Evangel94
Why are you quoting an entire post and then responding with a single thumbs-up emoticon? What a waste. Surely, you have something more to contribute than just that. i do...

shut the eff up

Martian_mind
Hmmm i was about to make a dirty comment but in retrospect i enjoy being on this forum to much.

King KAM
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Hmmm i was about to make a dirty comment but in retrospect i enjoy being on this forum to much. thumb down

Martian_mind
You wouldn't happen to be named josh jameson would you?

King KAM
Originally posted by Martian_mind
You wouldn't happen to be named josh jameson would you? thumb down

Evangel94
Originally posted by King KAM
i do...

shut the eff up

Why are you here? erm

----------------------------------------------

And with regards to the battle, isn't zarathos the demonic being who combined with Johnny Blaze to form the comic character "Ghost Rider"?

If this is another way of saying, "Ghost Rider vs Doctor Strange" then I tend to favor Dr. Strange, even if zarathos is not confined to a human host.

King KAM
Why are you here? erm to make your life a living hell

Evil_Ash
What can Zarathos do?

jinzin
Anyway, let's make sure which Strange you're talking about. The masked Strange or the real Strange which was actually depowered at the time? the real doc strange.... and assming he was talking about zarathos at the beginning of zarathos' reincarnation, then yeah he probably COULD take that zarathos, considering the z-man didn't even know who he was, and didn't have his most powerful powers and weapon bestowed back upon him yet... and strange still ran....

even robot strange stated that the only thing that was going to defeat zarathos after zarathos regained his memory was his own damn medallion... erm

as for strange being depowered, what was he depowered by? and so what? they were both depowered.. zarathos was a LOT worse off.

jinzin
Any
GR just punked em uhh no... GR used all his power (something he's neverreally seen having to resort to) and he got decimated after landing one or two offensive shots... then the z-man ate him... how is that "punked" in your eyes.. ?

jinzin
Why are you here? erm

----------------------------------------------

And with regards to the battle, isn't zarathos the demonic being who combined with Johnny Blaze to form the comic character "Ghost Rider"?

If this is another way of saying, "Ghost Rider vs Doctor Strange" then I tend to favor Dr. Strange, even if zarathos is not confined to a human host. hmmmm lets see if I can expalin this.... being GR depowers zarathos by about 99%... it's like kurama in yuyu hakusho, kurama does not dictate the power of the spirit fox inside of him....

King KAM
Originally posted by jinzin
hmmmm lets see if I can expalin this.... being GR depowers zarathos by about 99%... it's like kurama in yuyu hakusho, kurama does not dictate the power of the spirit fox inside of him.... kurama is the fox demon....

jinzin
Originally posted by King KAM
kurama is the fox demon....

that's my point... but when the spirit fox is unleashed he's far more powerful than kurama would otherwise be.

King KAM
that's my point... but when the spirit fox is unleashed he's far more powerful than kurama would otherwise be. strange...but true...hieh rules...and Urameshi aint bad himself.

p.s. War Kuwabara

guy222
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
What can Zarathos do?

Zarathos is on Mephisto's level. He eats souls. Was worshipped. Combined with Johnny Blaze become the best version of GR

guy222
uhh no... GR used all his power (something he's neverreally seen having to resort to) and he got decimated after landing one or two offensive shots... then the z-man ate him... how is that "punked" in your eyes.. ?

Didn't GR just use the chain on ole Stephen and his the pennace stare

jinzin
Didn't GR just use the chain on ole Stephen and his the pennace stare

no...

long pig
the real doc strange.... and assming he was talking about zarathos at the beginning of zarathos' reincarnation, then yeah he probably COULD take that zarathos, considering the z-man didn't even know who he was, and didn't have his most powerful powers and weapon bestowed back upon him yet... and strange still ran....

even robot strange stated that the only thing that was going to defeat zarathos after zarathos regained his memory was his own damn medallion... erm

as for strange being depowered, what was he depowered by? and so what? they were both depowered.. zarathos was a LOT worse off.
Ok, you lost me.

Not even joking, you've totally lost me. I only read it because you and me argued about this before. I can't say I know every detail about Zarathos, only the comics he appeared with dr.strange.

The reason Strange MADE his other identities was because he had no power left, the gods shunted him for refusing to fight for them (basically he got the same treatment as juggernaut got). This all occurred exactly before this GR storyline started.

He created "Strange" and "Steven Strange" to fight in his place as he gathered weak but more available earth power. Nowhere in the storyline where Zarathos was present was Strange ever at half power, much less full.

long pig
hmmmm lets see if I can expalin this.... being GR depowers zarathos by about 99%... it's like kurama in yuyu hakusho, kurama does not dictate the power of the spirit fox inside of him....
Hah, I DO understand that.

That show is great.

jinzin
Ok, you lost me.

Not even joking, you've totally lost me. I only read it because you and me argued about this before. I can't say I know every detail about Zarathos, only the comics he appeared with dr.strange.

The reason Strange MADE his other identities was because he had no power left, the gods shunted him for refusing to fight for them (basically he got the same treatment as juggernaut got). This all occurred exactly before this GR storyline started.

He created "Strange" and "Steven Strange" to fight in his place as he gathered weak but more available earth power. Nowhere in the storyline where Zarathos was present was Strange ever at half power, much less full.

and you think zarathos did?

dude, zarathos wasn't even at 25% his full power, and he was still quaking demensional walls....

when did the strange stuff happen?

guy222

dude, zarathos wasn't even at 25% his full power, and he was still quaking demensional walls....

zarathos very powerful

jinzin
yup...

long pig

It all started in late 93 and never really got sorted out. He is still depowered, actually.

True, Zarathos never showed his full power, I'll give you that, but that also makes it impossible to argue for him. There's very little to go on about the guy that isn't simply assumptions.

And Strange, the ectoplasm guy with the mask, was less than 1% as powerful as Dr.Strange and did ok in those comics.

The Mephisto thing is a bit weird, Mephisto is immensely powerful but he jobs to everyone. Prof Hulk has actually went into his dimension and beaten Mephisto before. In all reality, Mephisto should be as powerful as Odin, but he isn't written that way.....ever.

Cosmic Flame
It all started in late 93 and never really got sorted out. He is still depowered, actually.

True, Zarathos never showed his full power, I'll give you that, but that also makes it impossible to argue for him. There's very little to go on about the guy that isn't simply assumptions.

And Strange, the ectoplasm guy with the mask, was less than 1% as powerful as Dr.Strange and did ok in those comics.

The Mephisto thing is a bit weird, Mephisto is immensely powerful but he jobs to everyone. Prof Hulk has actually went into his dimension and beaten Mephisto before. In all reality, Mephisto should be as powerful as Odin, but he isn't written that way.....ever.
True. Strange punked the entire IF except for Adam Warlock, and that was only because Warlock go to use the gem to determine that it wasn't Stephen.

Strange revoked all the powers of the great magical entities in #48 and #49, I think. Great story. And don't forget he was not only depowered, but he was poisoned by Salome.

long pig
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
True. Strange punked the entire IF except for Adam Warlock, and that was only because Warlock go to use the gem to determine that it wasn't Stephen.

Strange revoked all the powers of the great magical entities in #48 and #49, I think. Great story. And don't forget he was not only depowered, but he was poisoned by Salome.
"Strange" also owned Doom, humiliated Namor and Namor's big fish Giganto(sp? Giganto has beaten the FF countless times). He wasn't weak by any means, but he wasn't anything compared to the real deal.

Cosmic Flame
"Strange" also owned Doom, humiliated Namor and Namor's big fish Giganto(sp? Giganto has beaten the FF countless times). He wasn't weak by any means, but he wasn't anything compared to the real deal.
Yeah...makes one a little uneasy thinking about the good Dr. when he's in prime form. It becomes less about what he CAN do and more about what he WON'T do.

long pig
We've never saw Dr.Strange in prime form because, although he's a master of it, he refuses to use black magic nowadays. He refuses to use Chaos magic, Catastrophe magic and Earth magic as well. A prime, no holding back Strange is at least 5x or more powerful than we've ever seen him on panel.

batdude123

Hasn't Mephisto trapped Odin's soul in his realm before?

long pig
Originally posted by batdude123
Hasn't Mephisto trapped Odin's soul in his realm before?
Yeah, when Odin was asleep. But, Mephisto was beaten by friggin' Black Panter around the same time.

Then, he fights Thor. But, instead of using his actual power, he doesn't shoot a single magic bolt or utter a spell...he tries to beat Thor in h2h. Every single time he's in Thor he does that stupid shit.

Same with Surfer, although Mephisto did alright against Galactus, Surfer has owned Mephisto so many times it's silly.

It seems like everytime Mephisto fights Strange, Strange turns helpless and never fights back. Mephisto doesn't do the h2h shit against Strange either, he shows off his skyfather level magical power.

Mephisto has beaten or stalemated some of the most powerful beings ever, but he's also been beaten by streetlevel folks. He's a jobbing character except when he's in Dr.Strange comics. There, they act as if Mephisto is omnipotent.

batdude123
Yeah, when Odin was asleep. But, Mephisto was beaten by friggin' Black Panter around the same time.

Then, he fights Thor. But, instead of using his actual power, he doesn't shoot a single magic bolt or utter a spell...he tries to beat Thor in h2h. Every single time he's in Thor he does that stupid shit.

Same with Surfer, although Mephisto did alright against Galactus, Surfer has owned Mephisto so many times it's silly.

It seems like everytime Mephisto fights Strange, Strange turns helpless and never fights back. Mephisto doesn't do the h2h shit against Strange either, he shows off his skyfather level magical power.

Mephisto has beaten or stalemated some of the most powerful beings ever, but he's also been beaten by streetlevel folks. He's a jobbing character except when he's in Dr.Strange comics. There, they act as if Mephisto is omnipotent.

Black Panther had massive one-sidded prep, iirc. I know I know, it's still MAJOR bullshit, but still.

Mephisto at his peak is a tough SOB that is a good match for Odin, but at his worst, he's the whipping boy for Norrin.

Very inconsistent, however, he's still very powerful regardless. I think he shows his best stuff in Strange comics, you're right. They write him AS HE SHOULD BE WRITTEN in them. He should be written as a demon with nigh omnipotent magic... and some writers neglect his power in stories. A shame, really...

guy222
yup... thumb up

long pig
Black Panther had massive one-sidded prep, iirc. I know I know, it's still MAJOR bullshit, but still.

Mephisto at his peak is a tough SOB that is a good match for Odin, but at his worst, he's the whipping boy for Norrin.

Very inconsistent, however, he's still very powerful regardless. I think he shows his best stuff in Strange comics, you're right. They write him AS HE SHOULD BE WRITTEN in them. He should be written as a demon with nigh omnipotent magic... and some writers neglect his power in stories. A shame, really...
I don't think they know enough about him to write him correctly.

Also, for future talk about comics where Strange "seems" to be in danger, this is how you can tell if he really is:

When Strange is in mortal danger of any kind, a symbol of life burns itself into his forehead. So, unless that happened, he's not/was not in any danger whatsoever.

batdude123
I don't think they know enough about him to write him correctly.

Also, for future talk about comics where Strange "seems" to be in danger, this is how you can tell if he really is:

When Strange is in mortal danger of any kind, a symbol of life burns itself into his forehead. So, unless that happened, he's not/was not in any danger whatsoever.

Speaking of which, how have you been liking the Dr. Strange: Oath comics so far?

guy222
Speaking of which, how have you been liking the Dr. Strange: Oath comics so far?

Reading it now smile

Board Walker
GR did punk strange though in a recent comic.

guy222
Originally posted by Board Walker

yes

Zarathos>Strange

nice avatar

long pig
Originally posted by Board Walker
Bad writing.

Strange has beaten every single version of Ghost Rider with ease. GR isn't even in Dr. S' league.

Zarathos doesn't have enough feats to be on anyone's level.

guy222
i was a genius back in the day

laughing out loud

still favoring zarathos

grown in power recently

DarkSaint85
i was a genius back in the day

laughing out loud

still favoring zarathos

grown in power recently

guy222
love the sig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.