Wonder woman VS Mongul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Martian_mind
Who wins?

batdude123
Mongul

guy222
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Who wins?

Diana

Anonimator
lol diana couldnt even hurt him! i think someone could put the posts of their fight
mongul can beat and rape her

grey fox
Hmmm I have their 'For the man who has everything' fight. Mongul pretty much beats the shit out of her while laughing.

Draco69
JLU WW is a pale, pale shadow of her comic version.

WW beats the crap out Mongul....

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Draco69
WW beats the crap out Mongul....

Um, no.

'In For The Man Who Has Everything' comic. WW didn't stand a chance against Mongul.

Draco69
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Um, no.

'In For The Man Who Has Everything' comic. WW didn't stand a chance against Mongul.

It was a Pre-Crisis tale. Earth II WW was getting curbstomped by Mongul.

Mongul's is a super-strong brick with enhanced speed and reflexes and combat skills.

But Diana still far outclasses him with superior speed, superior strength, superior skills and a host of equipment that can end the battle quickly.

This is as the same as WW vs. Thing or Colossus or Hulk or any other brick.

Evil_Ash
Speed? yes. Skills? yes. Strength? No. Mongul was stronger than Pre-Crisis Superman.

Draco69
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Speed? yes. Skills? yes. Strength? No. Mongul was stronger than Pre-Crisis Superman.

PC Mongul was a beast. Of course, he was stronger than WW and Superman. He could've probably outmuscled them both.

However Post-Crisis Mongul is a sad shadow of his former glory.

Hell, he got beat by Krypto....

Evil_Ash
However Post-Crisis Mongul is a sad shadow of his former glory.

Hell, he got beat by Krypto....

You mean, his son, Mongul Jr.? The soar loser who couldn't do a squat?

The actual Post-Crisis Mongul, I don't remember much about, if he was stronger than Supes, although he was enough strong to challenge him.

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/b/b6/Mongul1.jpg

Batman-Prime
A really annoyed WW would kick his a$$ IMHO.

guy222
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
A really annoyed WW would kick his a$$ IMHO.

Sexy Diana wins smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Lasso Knot at superspeed for the win.

Redatom65
Mongul's rep's higher than it was last time I checked, that's all nice cause he is a cool character, but Diana should win

LORDSIDIOUS01
Co-signed Diana

Firestorms
It was a Pre-Crisis tale. Earth II WW was getting curbstomped by Mongul.

Mongul's is a super-strong brick with enhanced speed and reflexes and combat skills.

But Diana still far outclasses him with superior speed, superior strength, superior skills and a host of equipment that can end the battle quickly.

This is as the same as WW vs. Thing or Colossus or Hulk or any other brick.

She might have a chance against Post Crisis Mongul, the guy that Alan Moore wrote during Pre Crisis stomps current Wonder Woman

quanchi112
WW wins.

Q99
Originally posted by Anonimator
lol diana couldnt even hurt him!

Uh, she definitely could. She can hurt Superman and has a cut-all Tiara. There's very few foes she can't hurt.

She's gotten quite a lot of upgrade (and Mongul downgrade) since the Alan Moore story, so she should win this.

JakeTheBank
Diana wins.

Mongul with rings is another story, though Diana might be able to beat him anyway in Mongul acts like an idiot.

Stoic
is this Mongul Jr. or Senior?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stoic
is this Mongul Jr. or Senior?
There's little difference in their power. The real question is if he has rings or not.

Prep-Man
Mongul.

Omega Vision
I don't see why people think Mongul would win. He *might* have a slight strength and durability advantage. Without rings he's like a slightly smarter Solomon Grundy, someone who Diana has no trouble besting most of the time.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Stoic
is this Mongul Jr. or Senior? This thread was made four years ago.

Also, iirc, Mongul was beating her in IC. And she sucks last I checked too.

paisapower
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
This thread was made four years ago.

Also, iirc, Mongul was beating her in IC. And she sucks last I checked too.

U are correct, he actually one shot Diana in IC

tideoftime
Originally posted by paisapower
U are correct, he actually one shot Diana in IC

He didn't one shot her - he got a good punch on her that temporarily BFR'd her (though not a proper BFR, by forum standards, as she returned just a few panels later); she cut him with her sword, which hurt him and pissed him off.

With that said, Mongul has the advantage (although marginally) in terms of relative strength, and has a durability edge, as well. But in a proper forum battle (as opposed to a "proper" comic setting, where plot and dialogue "get in the way"wink, Diana should take the majority, due to speed and her weapons.

EDIT: And, of course, that assumes the "general" current WW, and not the WW of her current story/plot-line, who *barely* qualifies as Linda Carter's WW -- *this* WW could get stomped by a lot of people...

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime

EDIT: And, of course, that assumes the "general" current WW, and not the WW of her current story/plot-line, who *barely* qualifies as Linda Carter's WW -- *this* WW could get stomped by a lot of people...

Yea. Still getting a bead on how strong/fast she is, but much lower at the least.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
Yea. Still getting a bead on how strong/fast she is, but much lower at the least.

Well, just a couple issues in, but I would venture to guess that she's considerably less powerful; her deflecting multiple machinegun fire for 3 or 4 panels before getting clipped in #602 is impressive by even metahuman standards, but much slower than her "standard" of the past two decades. Strength-wise, haven't noted anything impressive, as such, so...

Q99
Well, just a couple issues in, but I would venture to guess that she's considerably less powerful; her deflecting multiple machinegun fire for 3 or 4 panels before getting clipped in #602 is impressive by even metahuman standards, but much slower than her "standard" of the past two decades. Strength-wise, haven't noted anything impressive, as such, so...

Though the 'fall from a plane totally unharmed' wasn't bad.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't see why people think Mongul would win. He *might* have a slight strength and durability advantage. Without rings he's like a slightly smarter Solomon Grundy, someone who Diana has no trouble besting most of the time.

Mongul has War World and gone up against Superman??

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
Though the 'fall from a plane totally unharmed' wasn't bad.

Well, yeah -- but I'm thinking in general terms of WW as she's been over at least the past decade; the fall is "impressive" by human/most metahuman standards, but is waaayyyy short of being "just momentarily out of it after being punched by a near-sun Superman across the solar system and slamming into the Earth"-level feat. One is orders of magnitude more impressive than the other. Just saying, *relatively*, the current story/plot WW is a harken back to more Pre-Crisis, lower-level interpretations; even the Diana of the first few years of Perez was tougher/more powerful, but that is, of course, no doubt the point of the current arc...

paisapower
He didn't one shot her - he got a good punch on her that temporarily BFR'd her (though not a proper BFR, by forum standards, as she returned just a few panels later); she cut him with her sword, which hurt him and pissed him off.

If u read it that way, thats fine.

After he hit her through the wathtower wall,supes attacks with heat vision then also gets punched away. Mongul turns his attention to batman who he is about to kill when supes shows up and begins to pummel him with punches and H.V. leaving him ko'd. Supes then checks in on bats.

After all of this Diana finally shows up. So even though u saw it your way I think my interpretation is also plausible.

tideoftime

If u read it that way, thats fine.

After he hit her through the wathtower wall,supes attacks with heat vision then also gets punched away. Mongul turns his attention to batman who he is about to kill when supes shows up and begins to pummel him with punches and H.V. leaving him ko'd. Supes then checks in on bats.

After all of this Diana finally shows up. So even though u saw it your way I think my interpretation is also plausible.

It's called "Plot/Pacing"...

It's called "Dialogue"...

It's called "Everybody getting their turn to be a part of the action"...

In a forum setting, things would be *very* different. Just taking that scene, for example, Supes and WW should be able to take Mongul down, given relative feats they all have. But, of course, that isn't how it's going to play out -- *story/plot* trumps, in all cases. But in a harsher forum battle (comparable to, say, the fight SM and WW had just about 3 weeks earlier, comic-time), WW withstood far greater force/assault than presented in just a single punch by Mongul. Upon return, she could (as Supes mistakenly *thought* she was about to) have seriously hurt/possibly killed Mongul via her strength/speed and magical sword. Just as valid, in the scene, and for a forum battle, as his punching her after her cutting him earlier.

Trust me: my view of the scene, translated into *proper* forum-battle standards, is quite clear... big grin

paisapower
^^^^^

Except it is comparable to the fight supes and wonder woman had.i think we just got a replay of supes one punch knocking her out only to be revived by earth re entry

Q99
Was she even seen to be knocked out? She could've been standing outside shaking it off knowing Superman was still there.

I don't know if you can call that a one-shot.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Um, no.

paisapower
Originally posted by Q99
Was she even seen to be knocked out? She could've been standing outside shaking it off knowing Superman was still there.

I don't know if you can call that a one-shot.

Yours is also a possibility. No, she was not shown to be Ko'd.

In any case ,as per this thread it was quite evident that he was shown to be superior

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BattleMage

facepalm at citing a Pre-Crisis story. PC Mongul makes Post Crisis Mongul look like a featherweight.

Philosophía
In the current continuity, pre and post Crisis Mongul have been merged - as many characters have, both 'For the man who has everything' and the Warworld fighting arc of Superman being into canon.

As for the thread, both versions of Mongul seemed to have Diana's number when they met (the aforementioned Moore story and Infinite Crisis) but I'd give it do Diana in a forum fight.

Omega Vision

Philosophía
Really?

But wouldn't that only be canon to Mongul Sr then? Yes, Mongul Sr is the one from 'For the man who has everything'.

Both of the versions have been shown to somewhat handle Diana, though with an emphasis on Mongul Sr. who was stomping her until Superman came in. While Mongul Jr. did deliver one heck of a punch after being blindsided by Diana with the sword, he didn't really show himself to be on that level.

tideoftime
^^^^^

Except it is comparable to the fight supes and wonder woman had.i think we just got a replay of supes one punch knocking her out only to be revived by earth re entry

*Again*...

That is *situational*/*circumstantial* in terms of order of events...

Could Supes/Mongul kill WW? Of course. Both are more than powerful enough to do so (Supes moreso due to versatility/range of powers; Mongul from sheer strength and being an uber-tank who can keep relative pace with most speedsters in combat -- if not movement -- terms).

However...

Even in the SM/WW fight, Diana had *two* instances where she could have exploited "the kill" on Clark, as opposed to his relative *one* (her being momentarily KO'd/making the crater in Wyoming was his, which he wasn't quite fast enough to exploit; hers were after she stunned him a couple pages later, but chose instead to confront Lord -- she could just as easily have lassoed SM at that point, or -- in Forum "Kill Mode" -- used her Tiara and/or Lasso to kill him via decapitation/strangulation; the second was her attacking him back at Lord's -- the tiara throw could just as easily have been fatal, though obviously that wasn't her intent).

Same with Mongul. Him situationally getting a good solid one on her in no way, shape, or form equates to a one-shot, nor a domination if she were in a position where she had to fight on her own, and therefore fight much smarter/with greater finesse. The other cited fight between them - whether in Pre-C JLA, or the translated *just* Post-C JLU -- which is the powerscale/setting that the writers/producers used for the cartoon series - is situationally/circumstantially appropriate to the *setting*/*scale* employed at the time for WW -- she'll do her best, but won't stand long against him without help. The "current" WW of the later 90's/00's is considerably more durable, and comparatively stronger, than the other two interpretations. While Mongul could certainly put the hurt on her -- and even get a majority, situationally -- it isn't the stomp it used to be... His wins would be more plot-driven, given the context of how Forum Battles are supposed to be played out...

Omega Vision

Bentley
Krypto is more than WW.

You better don't argue against that uhuh

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bentley
Krypto is more than WW.

You better don't argue against that uhuh
I'm pretty sure Krypto is also>Superman or at least = to Superman. So I agree. big grin

tideoftime
I'm pretty sure Krypto is also>Superman or at least = to Superman. So I agree. big grin

Yeah...

But he'd still lose to Squirrel Girl...

big grin

Q99
Yours is also a possibility. No, she was not shown to be Ko'd.

In any case ,as per this thread it was quite evident that he was shown to be superior

Eh, knock-aways happen all the time. Unless it's a full fight it's not really much of a sign of superiority.

D_Dude1210

Hey, in RL, ppl are afraid of dogs. The only advantage ppl have over dogs is if they have a big stick or a gun. And since there isn't really a super stick or a super gun out there, I think Krytpo > Superman... big grin

Omega Vision
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Hey, in RL, ppl are afraid of dogs. The only advantage ppl have over dogs is if they have a big stick or a gun. And since there isn't really a super stick or a super gun out there, I think Krytpo > Superman... big grin
A friend of mine is an MP and he's told me many times that while having a gun will prevent most drunk/belligerent soldiers from ****ing around with him nothing says "respect mah authoritah!" like having an angry German Shepherd at your side ready to tear out the guy's nuts if he gets violent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.