Saddam Is dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
He finally got what was coming to him.

He deserved to be hanged, and it happened to him.

One more Freak off the face of the planet.

Comments?

vincent

Captain REX
Being hung sucks, but so does being gassed for no reason along with family and friends...

lord xyz
He's finally dead?

What are the charges?

queeq
Ding dong?

Rogue Jedi
somebody has dain bramage.

Fishy
Saddam no longer has a working brain.

And I'm still against this, but I hope it was painful smile

Rogue Jedi
yeppers. is it true you mess your britches when you are hanged? laughing out loud

theendisnear
Very scary..and very sad. I take no pleasure in the death of anyone.

Rogue Jedi
me neither. but saddam deserved it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I say we the world take a collective responsibility to kill all the people who kill other people. It would make for a lot more space on this over-crowded planet.

omgz
well, no matter what he had done - you cannot justify killing him. i mean, he did deserve it.. but it's a bit barbaric. nothing gives anyone the right to take anothers life, it makes the iraqi court just as bad for executing him.
atleast it's pleasing the people who witnessed his shit first hand..
it's not accomplishing anything, just now all the psycho iraqi saddam followers are gonna come blow shit up.
trying to teach iraq democracy and how they should be democrats but then going off and hanging someone.. nice.

debbiejo
Bye Saddam.
wavey

PVS
im glad that many people in iraq who were directly effected by his brutality probably feel better. i just think its sad that it took yet another killing to accomplish that.

i am especially disturbed, however, of people who celerate the killing of a man who had absolutely no effect or impact on their lives.

Lord Urizen
I wondor if the Muslim debators in this site beleive he is going to Heaven or Hell ?

Kelly_LS
I'm not Muslim but I believe he was doomed for hell, lol. I just had to add that input.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by omgz
well, no matter what he had done - you cannot justify killing him. i mean, he did deserve it.. but it's a bit barbaric. nothing gives anyone the right to take anothers life, it makes the iraqi court just as bad for executing him.
atleast it's pleasing the people who witnessed his shit first hand..
it's not accomplishing anything, just now all the psycho iraqi saddam followers are gonna come blow shit up.
trying to teach iraq democracy and how they should be democrats but then going off and hanging someone.. nice.

If - as you say - 'you cannot justify killing him', then by default he didn't deserve it.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by PVS
im glad that many people in iraq who were directly effected by his brutality probably feel better. i just think its sad that it took yet another killing to accomplish that.

i am especially disturbed, however, of people who celerate the killing of a man who had absolutely no effect or impact on their lives.

What he did to his own people he cannot take back or ever atone for. He deserved far worse than being hung for what he did. I think being hung was a quite merciful death, considering the fact that he tortured, raped, and terrorized innocent people within his own country, tried to commit genocide against the Kurds, etc.

Sort of the way Hitler had an easy death. He died by suicide, a bullet to his brain....that death does not equal the level of agony he caused millions and millions of people.

PVS
so you would be happier if he was tortured, because he tortured others. this is turning into a sort of hypocrisy layer cake. should he have been raped to? what would satisfy you?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind".

LethalFemme
Originally posted by PVS

I deeply disturbed that your post was honest and had no sexual innuendos in them.fear

Boris
Noose up Tony and George next!

Yiiiiihaaw!!

Ah screw it, throw in Rumsfeld and Chaney too!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". It'd be hard to get that last person who still had full 20/20 vision though.

Eclipso
I normally wouldn't say this, but I think in this case it was warranted. Wether or not we agree with the Iraq War or Bush. This man did commit atrocities and I believe the world is a better place without one more person like him in it.

PVS
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I deeply disturbed that your post was honest and had no sexual innuendos in them.fear

yeah, wonders never cease.

so, whacha doin for new years?
we should get together and watch the ball drop
know what i mean? wink wink? nudge nudge?

http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/itstock/itf085/itf085038.jpg

DarkCrawler
Good riddance.

Lady Fianna
I think it's a shame. One, I don't believe in the death penalty, and two, because he is now going to be made a maytr.

Saddam should have been tried through the UN rather than the way he was, but of course, if that happened, the American government could be very easily put on trials for war crimes and crimes against humanity. It's such hypocritical bullshit. The American government pretty much defines everything that is wrong with the world today.

Punkyhermy
its sick to see that people have stooped so low as to broadcast his execution and put it on display.

don't people have any sense of decency anymore? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ambience
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Comments?

vincent

But how does anybody have the right to take away somebody's life. It's true, he was a horrible person. Merciless and apathetic. But how could you possibly say somebody deserved to die? Nobody deserves to die. They might deserve to suffer for they have done. But take away their entire life?

To say he deserved to be hung, there is no value for life in a statement like that. It's true maybe he didn't deserve to breathe the same air as us. But he wasn't long for this world anyways. Maybe he should have rot away behind bars and let time take him, so his blood isn't on the hands of the American nation.

Ambience
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
its sick to see that people have stooped so low as to broadcast his execution and put it on display.

don't people have any sense of decency anymore? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Agreed.
I can't believe they'd broadcast something as terrible as that.

King Kandy
I say we the world take a collective responsibility to kill all the people who kill other people. It would make for a lot more space on this over-crowded planet.
I completely concur.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Ambience
But how does anybody have the right to take away somebody's life. It's true, he was a horrible person. Merciless and apathetic. But how could you possibly say somebody deserved to die? Nobody deserves to die. They might deserve to suffer for they have done. But take away their entire life?

To say he deserved to be hung, there is no value for life in a statement like that. It's true maybe he didn't deserve to breathe the same air as us. But he wasn't long for this world anyways. Maybe he should have rot away behind bars and let time take him, so his blood isn't on the hands of the American nation.

Maybe they should have let him live with you since neither of you agree with the death penalty for people like him. When I think about the amount of deaths this man was directly responsible for, especially the children, I have no compassion in my heart left for him. Call me a monster, but apparently you don't have a knack for distinguishing them from normal people.

Ambience
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Maybe they should have let him live with you since neither of you agree with the death penalty for people like him. When I think about the amount of deaths this man was directly responsible for, especially the children, I have no compassion in my heart left for him. Call me a monster, but apparently you don't have a knack for distinguishing them from normal people.

Not at all, I think he was a monster, I'm saying I think he should be separated from normal people. But not killed, I think he should sit behind bars for the rest of his sorry life. Reflecting on how he lost every shred of pride he had. how he's completely at the mercy of the one's he hates, and the fact that his once loyal followers are scattered and no longer united.

I just don't think we should kill people. And I completely understand the way you perceive it, but by killing him, many more will die. An angry burst of extremists will end up killing hundreds of innocent people in suicide bombings. I know he was a crazy murderer, and the lowest, most disgusting man you can imagine. I just don't think he deserved death. I think he deserved to sit away his life, never able to accomplish anything ever again.

riv1
I've been inside a few of the man's palaces, and also seen a couple of those mass graves.
He deserved it.
the man ruled a country. he could have made life better for everyone, instead he chose another route and paid the price.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by riv1
I've been inside a few of the man's palaces, and also seen a couple of those mass graves.
He deserved it.
the man ruled a country. he could have made life better for everyone, instead he chose another route and paid the price.

thumb up

~King of Pie~
He deserved it.
the man ruled a country. he could have made life better for everyone, instead he chose another route and paid the price. Damn strizzle.

allofyousuckkk
i doubt the people who suffered because of him feel any different that he's dead. You can't justify the killing saying that he had what was coming to him, because that isn't your decision to make. It isn't anyones decision.

I know everybody says "well, was it his decision to make when he gassed all those families."
No, it wasn't, but he did it anyway and no good came from it. two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm against the death penalty

LanceWindu
Satan: "Saddam, is all you think about sex? Why don't we talk more?"

Saddam: "Aww, come one guy. Just on more time?"

Nellinator
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
What he did to his own people he cannot take back or ever atone for. He deserved far worse than being hung for what he did. I think being hung was a quite merciful death, considering the fact that he tortured, raped, and terrorized innocent people within his own country, tried to commit genocide against the Kurds, etc.

Sort of the way Hitler had an easy death. He died by suicide, a bullet to his brain....that death does not equal the level of agony he caused millions and millions of people.
And yet you believe that no one deserves hell?

drewbiefan
He is deadmessed

BackFire
Oh, he's dead? I'll be sure to inform someone who gives a shit.

drewbiefan
I did not know this at all. But I am glad that he is, not sounding nasty or anything but people that are sick, like her was, were true danger to this world!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

i'd have hung him from his testicles with piano wire.

quickshot
anyone against the death pemalty lets say i killed everyone you cared about you can give me punishment a)death or b)a cosy life on my own with no threats and luxuries

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by quickshot
anyone against the death pemalty lets say i killed everyone you cared about you can give me punishment a)death or b)a cosy life on my own with no threats and luxuries
in that scenario, let me think.....i would shoot out your kneecaps, cut off your hands, then cut off your feet, then cauterize the wounds so i could get real nasty. ever see sin city? think what Marv did to Kevin and you will have an idea what i mean.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, wonders never cease.

so, whacha doin for new years?
we should get together and watch the ball drop
know what i mean? wink wink? nudge nudge?

http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/itstock/itf085/itf085038.jpg

The world feel safe and familiar once more.happy

Rogue Jedi
femmey!!!!!! how YOU doin', gorgeous?

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
femmey!!!!!! how YOU doin', gorgeous?

Better than Saddam. You?stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
friging frustrated. work related, you know? people are just stoopid.

LethalFemme
friging frustrated. work related, you know? people are just stoopid.

Isn't this spamming?

Anyways yeah I completely agree some people are dumb.stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
spamming? whachoo talkin bout femmey?

LethalFemme
Okay but, if they start waving the ban stick I'm putting you in the way.stick out tongue

So what happened?

Rogue Jedi
how is me mentioning i am having a bad day at work spamming?

LethalFemme
Cause we're supposed to be talking about Saddam but, I don't think he'll mind. So continue.stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
nah, if you wanna know, pm me. dont want to divulge any info. only you know where i work, and i'd like to keep it that way.

LethalFemme
nah, if you wanna know, pm me.

Clearly a trap.mhm

But, will I accept?hmm

Rogue Jedi
you know you will, you sexay thang. shifty

LethalFemme
you know you will, you sexay thang. shifty

Stop knowing me too well.....and stuff.blink

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Stop knowing me too well.....and stuff.blink
make me, miss thang. shifty

pumas79
His death was instantanious, Hanging is designed to break the neck as soon as the weight of the body tightens the rope, would have sounded like a popping sound as his vertebrate were seperated by the sudden force, he wouldnt have felt a thing, to easy

Ya Krunk'd Floo
He deserved it.

Yeah! Woot! Yeah! USA! Yeah! He should have made life better for all the citizens of the country he ruled! Just like all the presidents and prime ministers do in the western world! Yeah! Woot!

Rogue Jedi
yeah, things are real good in iraq. lest you are a marine.

Deano
ah capitol punishment..the ultimate hypocrisy

Rogue Jedi
this is why i dont follow politics.

Pandemoniac
Saddam was living in a hole for over a year anyhow, they should have sold him to a zoo. With signs 'Don't feed the dictator' and rubber AK's for him to cuddle. Why waste a big catch like him on something so terminal as death?

Rogue Jedi
one thing though. he was captured like a little girl hiding under the bed. his sons, however, as evil as they were, went out fighting.

Impediment
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Comments?

vincent

One freak hung, and millions left to go. ermmsrug

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
One freak hung, and millions left to go. ermmsrug
millions? thats quite a big estimate.

Strangelove
There was really no point in executing him except to make Bush look good. He had no power or influence left.

Still, good riddance to him

Lord Urizen
Carmen Electra is so fkn hotttt

Rogue Jedi
ok, and why do you say this here?

Marxman
Good start.

Now let's move onto the rest of the muslims.

JUST KIDDING!!! big grin

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Marxman
Good start.

Now let's move onto the rest of the muslims.

JUST KIDDING!!! big grin
Good joke. I get it. It's because you're kidding, right?

Classic.

jaden101
Good joke. I get it. It's because you're kidding, right?

Classic.

he was kidding?...tsk..aawww...and here was me stocking up on hi-tec weapons

The Wishmaster
So, Saddam has finally been executed. hang

But was this the best solution?

Bombings on the execution day killed 80 Iraqi's. Will Saddam's supporters quit now he is dead, or will they continue their retaliation?

What does mean for the Iraqi people? Can they move on?

Is Iraq really better off without him? Would it have been preferable to sentence him to life imprisonment?

I first heard about his execution last night. I was shocked to hear the hanging had already been carried out, as I believe it wasn't supposed to happen until January. I was glad for the Iraqi people, but also a little disapointed, because, although I support the death penalty in some instances, I didn't feel sure that Saddam actually deserved to die, not because his crimes didn't warrant death, but because death is an easy way out. Killing him means no one no longer has to deal with him. I feel he should have been made to sit in prison for the rest of his life.
An execution is taking the easy way out.

I wonder if those 80 Iraqi's would not have died had Saddam simply been sentenced to a lifetime in prison. Would they have acted they way they did if their 'hero' were alive, albeit in prison?

Did killing him only fuel anger and violence amongst his supporters?

I wondered about that all day, and I guess we won't know if such attacks as which occured yesterday will decrease. We can only hope.

Does anyone else share my view? Was executing him too easy?saddam

grey fox
Ahhh gotta love the 'ol propaganda machines.

The various papers were screaming about how Saddams death is 'a win for Justice and shall lead Iraq to freedom'

....WHOA WHOA WHOA I GOTTA SEE THIS...oh wait the countries STILL A BLEEDIN HELL-HOLE.

Out of four newspapers only one seemed to dictate what was the truth ' This will do nothing to solve the current problems within Iraq'

Personally. F*ck 'em . Leave the damned place and let the country(ies) tear them(selves) apart. I'm so sick and tired of this bullshit (as are the families who are losing their sons, husbands,children and daughters) .

As of now it seems this War is just for the benefit of dubyas bragging rights.

-GF

lord xyz
Originally posted by PVS

i am especially disturbed, however, of people who celerate the killing of a man who had absolutely no effect or impact on their lives. So no Easter then? That's okay, eggs have nothing to do with it, they celebrate the birth of the summer.

jaden101
and who exactly does that include....because the 1st gulf war that saddam started included people from Kuwait, United States, Saudi Arabia, Great Britain, France, Egypt, Syria, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Israel, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Canada, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Germany, , Italy, Niger, South Korea

the present war has had people fight from Australia, Poland, Romania, Denmark, Georgia, El Salvador, Czech Republic, Azerbaijan, Latvia, Mongolia, Albania, Slovakia, Japan, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Netherlands, Spain, Thailand, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Hungary, Nicaragua, Singapore, Norway, Portugal, Lithuania, Armenia, Bosnia, Estonia, Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Canada, New Zealand, Philipines, Iceland

(Ironic that the 1st gulf war was legal and supported yet more nations have put troops into combat in the 2nd supposedly illegal and unsupported war isn't it?)

so i'd say he affected quite a lot of peoples lives

i personally have 4 friends currently serving in Iraq...i have one friend who has PTSD to a severe degree from his service in Iraq...i have a family friend who was killed in an attack on a civilian convoy that he was contracted with.

Kinneary
Shhh, you're ****ing up his "Iraq was an innocent angel" routine.

Fishy
Originally posted by jaden101
and who exactly does that include....because the 1st gulf war that saddam started included people from Kuwait, United States, Saudi Arabia, Great Britain, France, Egypt, Syria, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Israel, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Canada, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Germany, , Italy, Niger, South Korea

the present war has had people fight from Australia, Poland, Romania, Denmark, Georgia, El Salvador, Czech Republic, Azerbaijan, Latvia, Mongolia, Albania, Slovakia, Japan, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Netherlands, Spain, Thailand, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Hungary, Nicaragua, Singapore, Norway, Portugal, Lithuania, Armenia, Bosnia, Estonia, Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Canada, New Zealand, Philipines, Iceland

(Ironic that the 1st gulf war was legal and supported yet more nations have put troops into combat in the 2nd supposedly illegal and unsupported war isn't it?)

so i'd say he affected quite a lot of peoples lives

i personally have 4 friends currently serving in Iraq...i have one friend who has PTSD to a severe degree from his service in Iraq...i have a family friend who was killed in an attack on a civilian convoy that he was contracted with.

Well we can't really blame Saddam for the second Gulf War now can we?

jaden101
Originally posted by Fishy
Well we can't really blame Saddam for the second Gulf War now can we?

actually we can...if he didn't start the 1st one there wouldn't have been a 2nd one...especially if the "the war is only bush's way of finishing what his dad didn't" spiel is to be believed

ESB -1138

Fishy

debbiejo
Think of it this way......he got off easy. He died. The real torment would be in some awful prison somewhere and suffering for life.

Eclipso
Originally posted by debbiejo
Think of it this way......he got off easy. He died. The real torment would be in some awful prison somewhere and suffering for life.

Well I think it's better that they got it over with. Regardless of wether or not he was alive or dead he would be a symbol. At least dead someday they will move on. I bet in a week or two he's mostly forgotten.

Rogue Jedi
just out of sheer boredom, i yahoo'd "is saddam really dead." there are quite a few people out there who think he is alive.

debbiejo
Nhhhhhhh he got off..........IMO , anyway.

Rogue Jedi
i believe he is dead. however, we never actually saw him dangling for our delight.

Vinny Valentine
i believe he is dead. however, we never actually saw him dangling for our delight.

I posted a Video in the GDF where you do.

Rogue Jedi
really? kewl, i love gore. however, it coiuld be all staged. far fetched, i know, but its a possibility.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.