Cap scans discussion thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Calling all cap fans this is a request for more scans in the Captain America respect thread. Kam has put down loads and I have put down a fair amount as well. Basically im almost out and I dont really like putting down scans because they dont look that professional but hey its better than nothing.

I also thought I might start this thread for anybody who wants to discuss the scans in the cap respect thread...issues such as Cap vs DD or Cap vs BP. wink

outavodka
To be honest hes a beast and i dont see why everyone "well not EVERYONE" has a problem with why he pulls his own version of Batman. Sure hes enhanced out the wahzoo,a vibrainium sheild that breaks physics laws, plus that everyone gives him mad respect thing going.
Caps the sh*t period.

Alfheim
Originally posted by outavodka
To be honest hes a beast and i dont see why everyone "well not EVERYONE" has a problem with why he pulls his own version of Batman. Sure hes enhanced out the wahzoo,a vibrainium sheild that breaks physics laws, plus that everyone gives him mad respect thing going.
Caps the sh*t period.

I think hes better thah Batman his feats are much greater. Apparently Ed Brubaker said that Cap is more than Batman with a shield, I am yet to find the quote.

Accel
Regarding one of the DD/Cap encounters that King Kam posted, I don't believe DD was at peak capacity while Cap was. IIRC, in that same issue/story arc, DD had trouble with just a couple of no name thugs.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Accel
Regarding one of the DD/Cap encounters that King Kam posted, I don't believe DD was at peak capacity while Cap was. IIRC, in that same issue/story arc, DD had trouble with just a couple of no name thugs.

Yeah ok that was just one.....

Accel
In the only other one I know of, DD wasn't right in the head. Neither of these two bouts would be a good indication as to how a fight between the two would go down IMO.

Alfheim
In the only other one I know of, DD wasn't right in the head. Neither of these two bouts would be a good indication as to how a fight between the two would go down IMO.

Ok but I reammy dont see how DD is gonna beat Cap. Cap is:

More experienced
Probably has more fighting knowldege, even in WW2 he knew ninjuitsu
Is stronger
More durable
Has more stamina
Has an indestructible weapon

DD is:

Slightly more agile
Has a radar sense which doesnt guarantee victory. He may know something is going to happen but that doesnt mean he will be able to stop it. If the Punisher is good enough to tag him several times what do you think Cap is gonna do.

Accel
Cap's slightly ahead of DD physically, but it's DD's slightly superior agility combined with the fact that his radar allows him to predict his opponent's movements that clinches him the win against Cap IMO.

Cap may also be able to last longer in a fight, but he's not immune to pressure points and nerve strikes which DD excels in.

outavodka

Cap may also be able to last longer in a fight, but he's not immune to pressure points and nerve strikes which DD excels in. Which Cap also isnt new to also.

Accel
I know, but I would put DD above Cap in that area.

willRules
For anyone who wants to contribute..........

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/390466-respect-captain-america

Alfheim
Cap's slightly ahead of DD physically, but it's DD's slightly superior agility combined with the fact that his radar allows him to predict his opponent's movements that clinches him the win against Cap IMO.

Cap may also be able to last longer in a fight, but he's not immune to pressure points and nerve strikes which DD excels in.

Spiderman is even more agile and see what Cap has done to him in his Iron suit.

DD's radar sense is not a silver bullet. If it was that good he would have been able to predict The Punishers move to the extent he would have avoided all his blows. The Punisher tagged him severel times, Cap is even better.

Cap does not have a radar sense but he does not have to have one, his experience can compensate him. As said to you before DD will not be able to anticipate every move.

"V"
Originally posted by Alfheim

DD's radar sense is not a silver bullet. If it was that good he would have been able to predict The Punishers move to the extent he would have avoided all his blows. The Punisher tagged him severel times, Cap is even better.

Cap does not have a radar sense but he does not have to have one, his experience can compensate him. As said to you before DD will not be able to anticipate every move.

Experience in no way compensates for a radar sense, that's ubsurd. Daredevil is no slouch in the experience category either, and he is a far better technical fighter IMO.

The agility & radar sense combined are too much for Cap i'd reckon, he'd put up a hell of a fight but i'd see DD ocming out on top.

outavodka
oh V y'd ya do it. Now i gota throw the sheild at ya buddy.

Alfheim
Originally posted by "V"
Experience in no way compensates for a radar sense, that's ubsurd. Daredevil is no slouch in the experience category either, and he is a far better technical fighter IMO.

Yes it does. Experience enables you to anticipate you're opponents moves. DD maybe no slouch in the experience department but Cap has more. DD has a radar sense but that does not mean that Cap cant antcipate DD's moves either.

Cap has beaten a computer at H2H combat....thats how good he is. Cap stated that his experience enabled him to do that, so yes experience can compensate for a radar sens when you are as good as cap.

outavodka
Yes it does. Experience enables you to anticipate you're opponents moves. DD maybe no slouch in the experience department but Cap has more. DD has a radar sense but that does not give mean that Cap cant antcipate DD's moves either.

Cap has beaten a computer a H2H combat....thats how good he is. Cap stated that hsi experience enabled him to do that, so yes experience can compensate for a radar sens when you are as good as cap. frikin old ass old fashion asswhoopin AMERICAN STYLE.lol

Alfheim
frikin old ass old fashion asswhoopin AMERICAN STYLE.lol laughing

"V"
Yes it does. Experience enables you to anticipate you're opponents moves. DD maybe no slouch in the experience department but Cap has more. DD has a radar sense but that does not mean that Cap cant antcipate DD's moves either.

Cap has beaten a computer at H2H combat....thats how good he is. Cap stated that his experience enabled him to do that, so yes experience can compensate for a radar sens when you are as good as cap.

Bollocks, no offence but it is, how does experience at all compare? so your saying that captain america through "experience" would be able to read a newspaper by feeling the printing? that he could recognize someone's heartbeat blocks away? No.

they have fought twice correct? I doubt he has the knowledge about how Daredevil fights to be able to anticipate Matt's moves, he could react to them surely and pretty well, but obviously not well enough.

A computer? I could beat a computer at H2H roll eyes (sarcastic) lol sorry, but how does a computer have radar sense? it may be able to use radar, but it has no such radar sense that Matt does.

I never said Captain America would take a few, but Daredevil would take a good majority (about 7/10).

Alfheim
Originally posted by "V"
Bollocks, no offence but it is, how does experience at all compare? so your saying that captain america through "experience" would be able to read a newspaper by feeling the printing? that he could recognize someone's heartbeat blocks away? No.

I dont think you understand what im saying. Radar sense is uneccesary for Cap. The fact of the matter is you do not understand the relevance of experience. If you have knowledge and experience of all the martial arts that simply means you know how a person is likey to fight and what moves they will use. DD has a radar sense but that does not make him Quicksilver.

Originally posted by "V"

they have fought twice correct? I doubt he has the knowledge about how Daredevil fights to be able to anticipate Matt's moves, he could react to them surely and pretty well, but obviously not well enough.

Cap has studied the same martial arts that DD has and more. Look at DD's bio his fighting style evolves around ninjuitsu and others Cap has studied these arts. As I said to you before his radar sense des not give him a big enough advantage to beat Cap. The Punisher is not even enhanced human and he put up a decent fight against DD. If The Punisher can do that Cap is going to win.

Originally posted by "V"

A computer? I could beat a computer at H2H roll eyes (sarcastic) lol sorry, but how does a computer have radar sense? it may be able to use radar, but it has no such radar sense that Matt does.

Ok lets forget you said that, that was just plain stupid. Are you comparing Street Fighter to a highly advanced computer? Keep arguing like this and I will just ignore you.

Originally posted by "V"

I never said Captain America would take a few, but Daredevil would take a good majority (about 7/10).

The other way around mate.

"V"
I dont think you understand what im saying. Radar sense is uneccesary for Cap. The fact of the matter is you do not understand the relevance of experience. If you have knowledge and experience of all the martial arts that simply means you know how a person is likey to fight and what moves they will use.

Cap has studied the same martial arts that DD has and more. Look at DD's bio his fighting style evolves around ninjuitsu and others Cap has studied these arts. As I said to you before his radar sense des not give him a big enough advantage to beat Cap. The Punisher is not even enhanced human and he put up a decent fight against DD. If The Punisher can do that Cap is going to win.

Ok lets forget you said that, that was just plain stupid. Are you comparing Street Fighter to a highly advanced computer? Keep arguing like this and I will just ignore you.

The other way around mate.

No, the computer thing I was messing about. several people have beaten computers it does not make them worthy of having better experience than a radar sense, it's really not that hard in the comic world.

So according to you Captain America's Experience>Daredevil's Radar sense? Well your definetly wrong there, its not even close to being its equal, but it does stop it from being an ownage IMO. If Daredevil had absolutely no experience and only radar sense maybe, but he has his own fair share of it and it swings the solid majority for him.

Once again Matt's agility is one of the pivotal things that take this, how would Captain America even touch him with that shield if he threw it at him? are we talking straight H2H or with the shield aswell btw?

outavodka
dont turn this into a vs debate...

"V"
Meh fair enough, we'll shut up about it. Either way Cap's having one if not THE best runs under brubaker i've read.

Alfheim
Originally posted by "V"
No, the computer thing I was messing about. several people have beaten computers it does not make them worthy of having better experience than a radar sense, it's really not that hard in the comic world.

Well if you are going to use that argument I could say everytime a hero beats a villain its no big deal. The fact of the matter is the computer was obvoulsy more powerful than the computers in the real world AND it had analysed fighting styles.

Originally posted by "V"

So according to you Captain America's Experience>Daredevil's Radar sense? Well your definetly wrong there, its not even close to being its equal, but it does stop it from being an ownage IMO. If Daredevil had absolutely no experience and only radar sense maybe, but he has his own fair share of it and it swings the solid majority for him.

Ok so does DD's radar sense make him Quicksilver? DD is just a highly trained human with a radar sense he has no ehancements.

Originally posted by "V"

Once again Matt's agility is one of the pivotal things that take this,

No it is not. DD isnt even as fast as Spiderman and look what Cap did to an upgraded Iron Spidey. The fight was not conclusive but considering Spiderman is already superhuman and was upgraded that was pretty amazing.

Most people would agree that Matt is more agile but that is only slightly and that is probably just due to his radar sense.

Originally posted by "V"

how would Captain America even touch him with that shield if he threw it at him? are we talking straight H2H or with the shield aswell btw?

You obvoulsy dont know Cap. Cap is at least as good at his shield as Bullseye is with his stuff and Cap is a better fighter.

I repeat DD's senses are not a silver bullet. If his senses were so good how come Punisher a highly trained human was able to give DD a good fight? Is Cap better than the Punisher? Cap is as just as accurate as Bullseye is with his stuff using his shield and Cap is a better fighter also Cap is more versatile with his shield he can make it rebound.

DD maybe able to beat Bullseye but just because he has radar sense doesnt mean he is going to have a walkover and cap is better than Bullseye.

dont turn this into a vs debate...

Well we are talking about the scans. So I dont see what we are doing wrong.

"V"
Well if you are going to use that argument I could say everytime a hero beats a villain its no big deal. The fact of the matter is the computer was obvoulsy more powerful than the computers in the real world AND it had analysed fighting styles.

Ok so does DD's radar sense make him Quicksilver? DD is just a highly trained human with a radar sense he has no ehancements.

No it is not. DD isnt even as fast as Spiderman and look what Cap did to an upgraded Iron Spidey. The fight was not conclusive but considering Spiderman is already superhuman and was upgraded that was pretty amazing.

Most people would agree that Matt is more agile but that is only slightly and that is probably just due to his radar sense.

You obvoulsy dont know Cap. Cap is at least as good at his shield as Bullseye is with his stuff and Cap is a better fighter.

I repeat DD's senses are not a silver bullet. If his senses were so good how come Punisher a highly trained human was able to give DD a good fight? Is Cap better than the Punisher? Cap is as just as accurate as Bullseye is with his stuff using his shield and Cap is a better fighter also Cap is more versatile with his shield he can make it rebound.

DD maybe able to beat Bullseye but just because he has radar sense doesnt mean he is going to have a walkover and cap is better than Bullseye.

Well we are talking about the scans. So I dont see what we are doing wrong.

One thing, and I'm saying we both drop it after this on Out's request, and i dont wanna bog up the thread to be honest.

How the hell is cap as accurate as Bullseye? No way, far from it really. Bullseye NEVER misses, Cap just doesnt miss alot.

Alfheim
Originally posted by "V"
One thing, and I'm saying we both drop it after this on Out's request, and i dont wanna bog up the thread to be honest.

No its my thread.

Originally posted by "V"

How the hell is cap as accurate as Bullseye? No way, far from it really. Bullseye NEVER misses, Cap just doesnt miss alot.

So every time Bullseye has aimed at DD he has always hit him? Bro you need to read a cap comic......serioulsy look at the respect thread and see what sort of stuff he does with his shield. Like I said he is more versatile for starters.

"V"
No its my thread.

So every time Bullseye has aimed at DD he has always hit him? Bro you need to read a cap comic......serioulsy look at the respect thread and see what sort of stuff he does with his shield. Like I said he is more versatile for starters.

Yeah, I edited it.

the only reason Bullseye misses DD is because hes got his radar sense. I've been reading Captain America thanks "Bro", but none of the stuff he does with his shield compares to Bullseyes accuracy.

More versatile because he has a shield? confused

outavodka
No its my thread.
and its ok for you to feel like that its just i saw you guys get like how i see so many ppl get over the smallest thing to crazy stuff. besides juz tryna keep digi off ur backs. i hate it when neone gets that talking to like their 5 or somethn.

King KAM
Everyone whos crying about the posts of cap whailing on DD needs to calm down. It is what it is, who cares if DD cant hang with Cap? hes not supposed to be.And as for Agility....i got agility feats for cap to match anything DD has ever done...so if you want it, we can bring it.

outavodka
Originally posted by King KAM
Everyone whos crying about the posts of cap whailing on DD needs to calm down. It is what it is, who cares if DD cant hang with Cap? hes not supposed to be.And as for Agility....i got agility feats for cap to match anything DD has ever done...so if you want it, we can bring it. Not helping kam sad , your gonna pull all the damn cap haters in. STOP THE MADNESS!!!lol

"V"
Not helping kam sad , your gonna pull all the damn cap haters in. STOP THE MADNESS!!!lol

Do such people really exist though? There's pretty much nothing to hate, Cap's pretty much the prime of humanity, The ultimate sucess story.

From a scrawny little punk to a living symbol of justice, did pretty well. Only guy I reckon is more badass than Cap is Bucky.

Alfheim
Originally posted by "V"
Yeah, I edited it.

the only reason Bullseye misses DD is because hes got his radar sense.

Yeah so, does DD have superhuman relexes ? (well compared to people in the real world). The fact of the matter is you said he never misses.
Originally posted by "V"

I've been reading Captain America thanks "Bro", but none of the stuff he does with his shield compares to Bullseyes accuracy.
Prove it.

Originally posted by "V"

More versatile because he has a shield? confused

It rebounds....he doesnt have to just aim it at a target. He can make it rebound off walls so fast that they can be used as a barrier...that is just one trick....you would know that if you were reading it for that long.

Everyone whos crying about the posts of cap whailing on DD needs to calm down. It is what it is, who cares if DD cant hang with Cap? hes not supposed to be.And as for Agility....i got agility feats for cap to match anything DD has ever done...so if you want it, we can bring it.

Hes right in all fairness I cant see anything that DD has done agility wise which is better than Cap.

"V"
Yeah so, does DD have superhuman relexes ? (well compared to people in the real world). The fact of the matter is you said he never misses.

Prove it.

It rebounds....he doesnt have to just aim it at a target. He can make it rebound off walls so fast that they can be used as a barrier...that is just one trick....you would know that if you were reading it for that long.

Hes right in all fairness I cant see anything that DD has done agility wise which is better than Cap.

Prove what to you exactly? That none of the stuff in Bru's Captain America is better than some of Bullseye's feat? Prove otherwise.

So he's got a shield that rebounds off of things? Daredevil has been shown to be able to deal with Cap's shield before.
http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ddvscapandherc4tk.jpg

I still can't believe you think that Captain America's experience trumps having a radar sense to be honest, but to each his own.

Alfheim
Originally posted by "V"
Prove what to you exactly? That none of the stuff in Bru's Captain America is better than some of Bullseye's feat? Prove otherwise.

I asked you first.

Originally posted by "V"

So he's got a shield that rebounds off of things? Daredevil has been shown to be able to deal with Cap's shield before.
http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ddvscapandherc4tk.jpg

Thats OLD school. Ive seen old school scans of Karnak knocking out Silver Surfer with a rock. In the old school heroes powers were not clearly defined. Old school dont count.

Originally posted by "V"

I still can't believe you think that Captain America's experience trumps having a radar sense to be honest, but to each his own.

I already explained that it dos not give him a big enough advantage. .......remember Punisher vs DD. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"V"
I asked you first.

Thats OLD school. Ive seen old school scans of Karnak knocking out Silver Surfer with a rock. In the old school heroes powers were not clearly defined. Old school dont count.

I already explained that it dos not give him a big enough advantage. .......remember Punisher vs DD. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

so because something's old then it isnt relevant? it's as relevant now as it was then, powers werent clearly defined? sounds like crap to me to be honest, Cap had shed loads of experience then shouldn't it of made him anticipate that?

King KAM
Originally posted by "V"
No, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

so because something's old then it isnt relevant? it's as relevant now as it was then, powers werent clearly defined? sounds like crap to me to be honest, Cap had shed loads of experience then shouldn't it of made him anticipate that? that was daredevils first appearance, nobody even knew who he was or what his powers were etc... so yeah he got a good one in...too bad he has payed for it in all their fights since then.And no DDs powers werent clearly defined....they were just hyping him up because it was his Debut...not crap, truth.

Its funny how you post a pic and dont even know what comic it came from. No your role and shut your mouth

"V"
that was daredevils first appearance, nobody even knew who he was or what his powers were etc... so yeah he got a good one in...too bad he has payed for it in all their fights since then.And no DDs powers werent clearly defined....they were just hyping him up because it was his Debut...not crap, truth.

Its funny how you post a pic and dont even know what comic it came from. No your role and shut your mouth

Kam, stop acting like an idiot over a comic eh? I'll listen to what you have to say and learn from it fine, but theres no need to insult me.

King KAM
Originally posted by "V"
Kam, stop acting like an idiot over a comic eh? I'll listen to what you have to say and learn from it fine, but theres no need to insult me. You insulted the cap...so i returned the favor

"V"
You insulted the cap...so i returned the favor

Ha! You haven't change a bit Kam, loyal to the end. wink

Accel

Cap got the better of Spider-Man because Spidey lacks martial arts skills as well as knowledge relating to pressure points. DD doesn't have to worry about lacking in those areas.

I'm not saying DD's radar sense makes him any more untouchable than Spider-Man's spidey sense does, but it stills helps either avoid attacks or roll with them for minimal damage.

King KAM
Cap got the better of Spider-Man because Spidey lacks martial arts skills as well as knowledge relating to pressure points. DD doesn't have to worry about lacking in those areas.

I'm not saying DD's radar sense makes him any more untouchable than Spider-Man's spidey sense does, but it stills helps either avoid attacks or roll with them for minimal damage. roll with them all the way to the grave...because thats where he goes if he effs with the capn

Soljer
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Iron Fist wasn't at peak capacity in the scans of him and Cap fighting, either.

King KAM
Originally posted by Soljer
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Iron Fist wasn't at peak capacity in the scans of him and Cap fighting, either. still had enough energy to finish off the wrecking creww.....

Beta Ray Howard
To be honest, I don't see why it's questioned who is the more skilled between Daredevil and Cap, and Black Panther and Cap, when it's shown on the page who is the more skilled.

Soljer
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
To be honest, I don't see why it's questioned who is the more skilled between Daredevil and Cap, and Black Panther and Cap, when it's shown on the page who is the more skilled.

Which page? And who do you believe is the more skilled?

Beta Ray Howard
Which page? And who do you believe is the more skilled?

Have a look at the fights. Cap is the premiere combatant when it comes to H2H on Marvel Earth. They only person who honestly comes close isn't Daredevil or Black Panther, but Shang-Chi and Iron Fist.

When you look at Cap from day one, til now, he's closer to Slade than someone along the lines of Daredevil of Black Panther.

Soljer
Have a look at the fights. Cap is the premiere combatant when it comes to H2H on Marvel Earth. They only person who honestly comes close isn't Daredevil or Black Panther, but Shang-Chi and Iron Fist.

When you look at Cap from day one, til now, he's closer to Slade than someone along the lines of Daredevil of Black Panther.

Oh, alrighty.

Agreed. As far as Marvel Earth goes, I see Captain America, Shang Chi, and Iron Fist as the very best.

Well, and Wolverine - when he actually wants to be - when he doesn't just charge head first into battle, letting his claws and healing factor solve all the problems.

Then there is Gamora, Thanos, the Champion, people that are also quite good.

Karnak is amazing, as well. He'd be high on the list if it weren't for Hudlin's shit writing.

King KAM
Oh, alrighty.

Agreed. As far as Marvel Earth goes, I see Captain America, Shang Chi, and Iron Fist as the very best.

Well, and Wolverine - when he actually wants to be - when he doesn't just charge head first into battle, letting his claws and healing factor solve all the problems.

Then there is Gamora, Thanos, the Champion, people that are also quite good.

Karnak is amazing, as well. He'd be high on the list if it weren't for Hudlin's shit writing. Cap shows the highest accounts of skill, he is the man to beat.

eveyone else is simply trying to catch up

Alfheim
Cap shows the highest accounts of skill, he is the man to beat.

eveyone else is simply trying to catch up

Exactly.

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ct2tb2.jpg

Nuff said.

Accel

I'd have to disagree with DD not being close to Cap. As stated earlier, he wasn't in the right state of mind during his two fights with Cap, and he's managed to hold his own with Iron Fist just fine before, even getting the better of him in their first encounter.

Alfheim
I'd have to disagree with DD not being close to Cap. As stated earlier, he wasn't in the right state of mind during his two fights with Cap, and he's managed to hold his own with Iron Fist just fine before, even getting the better of him in their first encounter.

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ct2tb2.jpg

Ahem!

King KAM
I'd have to disagree with DD not being close to Cap. As stated earlier, he wasn't in the right state of mind during his two fights with Cap, and he's managed to hold his own with Iron Fist just fine before, even getting the better of him in their first encounter. i actually agreee...DD should get more respect he is top tier. hes as good as shang chi, iron fist, wolverine, and BP and in some cases better.

I just feel like MARVEL puts cap on a notch above them...except wolverine...that guy is a impossible to KO

Beta Ray Howard
I'm not saying Daredevil isn't close, but he's sure as heck not equal.

King KAM
I'm not saying Daredevil isn't close, but he's sure as heck not equal. agreed

Soljer
Meh, I've always believed that Iron Fist and Shang Chi are a bit more skilled than Cap and Wolverine.

I mean, Iron Fist himself calls Cap's technique basic. Then again, Cap DOES mention that "you're very good ... but I'm better!" and that Danny was "possibly as fine a martial artist as Mantis was -- but that's not good enough!"

And Batroc's said that Captain America is an even greater combatant than Shang Chi, so who knows?

King KAM
Meh, I've always believed that Iron Fist and Shang Chi are a bit more skilled than Cap and Wolverine.

I mean, Iron Fist himself calls Cap's technique basic. Then again, Cap DOES mention that "you're very good ... but I'm better!" and that Danny was "possibly as fine a martial artist as Mantis was -- but that's not good enough!"

And Batroc's said that Captain America is an even greater combatant than Shang Chi, so who knows? shang chi, and Iron Fist are good...but Cap is way more feared than both of them

spyridona
I'd love to help, but most of mine have poor cap being a big ol' softie. Besides, I don't think I've posted enough yet to be trusted with pictures.

Alfheim

And Batroc's said that Captain America is an even greater combatant than Shang Chi, so who knows?

Well Danny would say that. The thing is there is more evidence to say that Cap is the best. When you have other people saying that Cap is better than a certain person that is better evidence than him saying it himself.

Originally posted by spyridona
I'd love to help, but most of mine have poor cap being a big ol' softie. Besides, I don't think I've posted enough yet to be trusted with pictures.

OK....nice sig by the way...I like the colors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.