Halloween

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drewbiefan
I saw this in woolworths yesterday, seemed like a good/scary horror. Is it?

Mr Parker
yeah great movie.its my favorite horror movie of all time and Im not much of a horror fan to begin with. smile the sequals are really good to but I wouldnt advise seeeing halloween 3 season of the witch if I were you,it has nothing whatsoever to do with the first two halloween movies and I wouldnt see the last one either called Halloween Resurrection.it was really stupid.just watch them until you get to halloween H20 because that how the movie series SHOULD have ended is with H20.

drewbiefan
Would you call it a jumpy movie thenstick out tongue?
Oh i did not realise that there was more than one.messed
I wanted to get it, wish i had, but a lot just dont seem to scare memessed A lot can be boring too! grrr

Mr Parker
oh its not boring and yes if you watch it in the middle of the night,its guaranteed to scare you and make you jump. big grin great movie,if you only see more horror movie in your life,make it Halloween.

ToMacco
The first Haloween is good. The rest are rediculous.

Zilverz
Halloween is a MUST OWN. Dont waste anymore time researching it.

BroLLy_LsSj
Originally posted by ToMacco
The first Haloween is good. The rest are rediculous.
Wrong.

Halloween 2 - Great Movie

Halloween 3 - Sucks

Halloween - 4 Cool Movie

Halloween 5 - Great Movie

Halloween 6 - AWSOME Movie

Halloween H-20 - Regular Movie

And Halloween Ress - Regular movie .

Tyranno-Chris
Halloween is about Michael Myers. He was the first Boogeyman. It was the first horror with a serial killer in it. I love the series. WATCH IT!

Zilverz
Originally posted by Tyranno-Chris
Halloween is about Michael Myers. He was the first Boogeyman. It was the first horror with a serial killer in it. I love the series. WATCH IT!

uhh i doubt thats true on both claims ...

michael kills just about everyone in his path .. and sometimes not even in his path.. with a focus on lori

Wolfie
I enjoyed them all except the last two.

drewbiefan
Is it similar to friday the 13th type of thing? I did not particuarly enjoy that, the plot was too boring for me. What other movies are alike to it?stick out tongue Plot wise.

ladygrim
Halloween is a marvelous movie ... a defintley must own ..

The Core
3 gets a bad wrap, just because it's "Halloween", and not necessarily part of the franchise.

Tyranno-Chris
Originally posted by Zilverz
uhh i doubt thats true on both claims ...

michael kills just about everyone in his path .. and sometimes not even in his path.. with a focus on lori
It is true. I've heard it more than once from different people.

drewbiefan
Oh i know this moviebig grin
Where jamie lee curtis was inside a house getting chased nearly by a killer, she tried hiding, it seemed pretty jumpy. Is this the onebig grin?
If so i probably would enjoy it!

Wolfie
Originally posted by drewbiefan
Is it similar to friday the 13th type of thing? I did not particuarly enjoy that, the plot was too boring for me. What other movies are alike to it?stick out tongue Plot wise.
Friday the 13th is the campy Halloween. Halloween is better with the suspense and story.

BroLLy_LsSj
Originally posted by Wolfie
I enjoyed them all except the last two.
Yupe and
Halloween III - Season Of The Witch

that was SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

K.Diddy
I saw this in woolworths yesterday, seemed like a good/scary horror. Is it?

no expression You dont belong in a horror forum

Impediment
Originally posted by K.Diddy
no expression You dont belong in a horror forum

Be nice. She's new.

Halloween is a must see and a must own for any horror fan. Buy it and watch it many times.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BroLLy_LsSj
Wrong.

Halloween 2 - Great Movie

Halloween 3 - Sucks

Halloween - 4 Cool Movie

Halloween 5 - Great Movie

Halloween 6 - AWSOME Movie

Halloween H-20 - Regular Movie

And Halloween Ress - Regular movie .

pretty accurate for the most part but Halloween 6 sucked.That was the one where because Donald Pleasance who was dying at that time during filming, was only in a few scenes in the movie and the movie left you with question marks at the end because he walks into that buliding to find michael and it ends with him just screaming.dumb way to end it and keep us waiting for ages for another halloween movie to be made.but he's right about one thing,the original halloween movie is easily the best one of them.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
Be nice. She's new.

Halloween is a must see and a must own for any horror fan. Buy it and watch it many times.

very well said.

Solo
It's my favorite horror movie, a classic.

drewbiefan
Originally posted by Impediment
Be nice. She's new.

HEY. I am not that new now laughing out loud
Thanks for your opinionsstick out tongue
Out of all, it seems the majority have rated this a great film! big grin
Petty i did not see it first on TV once, truly forgot it was this movielaughing out loud

Mr Parker
Oh i know this moviebig grin
Where jamie lee curtis was inside a house getting chased nearly by a killer, she tried hiding, it seemed pretty jumpy. Is this the onebig grin?
If so i probably would enjoy it!

yep,thats the one. big grin

drewbiefan
Hmm another question. For what i saw, it did look jumpy, however is it just one of these stupid type of movies where a person chases someone? Though i did enjoy the first scary movie movie. That was not bad.

Mr Parker
have you seen any of the friday the 13th movies? its pretty much just like those movies except better because its more intense and scary with the music they play in the movie where friday the 13th wasnt really scary its just gruesome.

drewbiefan
I saw the first fridays the 13th movie. I didn't dislike it, though i was not a big fan of it, it looked a lot scarier than what it actually was, on the front of the cover. And a big part of it was rather boring, not a lot went on in it until later on in the movie. So i would have rated that 3 stars out of 5. If Halloween is better, has more suspense from earlier in the movie, and is a little more jumpier, then yes i should find this movie a good onestick out tongue
But i prefer a movie that has more than just an old plot, but with a boost of more suspense, something a little more going on rather than just talking. If friday the 13th had that, i would have probably loved that movie! If Halloween has that, then i certainly shouldn't dislike itsmile

Mr Parker
trsut me you got to rent and watch the orignal Halloween movie.as i said before,I am not into horror movies and dont like most horror movies but Halloween is an exception and its like one of my favorite movies of all time.so that should say a lot about the quality of the movie right? smile

Solo
I wouldn't even compared Friday the 13th and Halloween. Friday the 13th is absolutely mediocre, while Halloween is a borderline masterpiece.

soin2cal
The plot you mean may appear pretty similar. I get what you mean, i saw a little of Halloween, i remember now. Though it had more suspense etc in it, so i see what you mean.
Yes, depends on what horrors you like. For me suspense goes a long way, with a not too old plot.
Like texaschainsaw massacre.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Solo
I wouldn't even compared Friday the 13th and Halloween. Friday the 13th is absolutely mediocre, while Halloween is a borderline masterpiece.

yeah I would agree with that.same plotline story but the similarites end right there.

Zilverz
i agree that halloween is a borderline masterpiece

michael myers is one of the stealthiest killers i have seen on film. As the plot furthers along with other character interactions Mike is always there hiding in the cut ... either outside a window .. or you catch a glimps of his reflection in the glass or a shadow.. its like he can just take you whenever he wants..

LORDSIDIOUS01
Hallooween is one the best if the best classic horror film ever. I hope Rob Zombie does it justice.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Hallooween is one the best if the best classic horror film ever. I hope Rob Zombie does it justice.

I dont like the thought of Rob Zombie doing a Halloween,dont get me wrong I love The house of 1000 corpses and devils rejects,but is a Halloween really Zombies style?

In saying that,he cant do much worse than Halloween Resurrection anyway

TRH
Halloween is my fav triolgy of all time it rocks punk

Caribbean_Chick
I dont like the thought of Rob Zombie doing a Halloween,dont get me wrong I love The house of 1000 corpses and devils rejects,but is a Halloween really Zombies style?

I agree that Halloween isn't his style, but the only similarity really between the original Halloween and Rob Zombie's new one basically is Michael Myers and a general plotline, but really I doubt it's even going to be a slasher film. It's not at all going to pay tribute to the Halloween series, but it should be considered a good thing? Despite the fact that it's not going to be like the other Halloween's, I think it will be good and I look forward to August 31st

Doesn't anyone else? I mean come on, this is the horror section, and it's friggen Rob Zombie!

TRH
I think it is going to rock and have more about his childhood

Caribbean_Chick
Yeahh Rob's definitely looking into a more psychological bit to Michael Myers, like if you look at Friday the 13th and Nightmare On Elmstreet, there's reason behind the killing whereas with Michael if you exclude the dumb million sequels and cult stuff, he just decided, at a young age, to kill his sister. What kind of irks me though is the fact that he cast Sheri Moon once again, I mean she was good and everything but I find kind of lame to cast her in all of his movies.

soin2cal
what does everyone love about this movie?
I just ordered itbig grin All your opinions have been much appreciated, thankyou.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by TRH
Halloween is my fav triolgy of all time it rocks punk

Dude a trilogy is just 3 movies like the Lord of the rings films.

Mr Parker

agreed.at least it cant be half as bad as that crapfest Halloween Resurrection.I wish they had ended the whole damn thing with Halloween H2o.that would have been a PERFECT way to end it all.

Solo
The remake could be in worse hands. The only thing I'm worried about is Rob Zombie ruining the entire atmosphere of the original.

LORDSIDIOUS01
So true. I hope Rob Zombie doesn't mess it up

Tyranno-Chris
He won't, I have faith in him. Besides, Halloween Resurrection wasn't bad at all (in my opinion) while it wasn't scary, it had good writing, but the whole Laurie being killed thing, and John not being in really hacked me off! I mean, Sarah!? Who the hell is she?! It should have been John. Don't you agree? Why would Michael waste his time with a girl who even he doesn't know who that is? It doesn't make sense. Michael has never been a killer who slashes up teenagers he's never heard of, only if they have a connection to one of his kin. Now, if she was related, that would be different. Or if it was "Steven" (from Halloween 6) that would be good.

DON'T YOU AGREE?

Mr Parker
Your like the only person I have ever heard say that they didnt hate Halloween Resurrction.They ruined it all by killing Laurie and so quickly of all things as well. mad

Tyranno-Chris
I thought it was good.

soin2cal
It has no go to it messed Well i have not watched it all yet.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Best Halloween was the original followed by part 2.

soin2cal
Changed my ming, this movie is brill, creepystick out tongue

soin2cal
This movie had me addicted to it after seeing it twice. Tell me, are the others as good?

cropsy_is_god
I personally found Halloween alittle long & borning. I prefered Friday the 13th.

Wolfie
I had no problem with Michael killing Laurie at the beginning of Resurrection. He's been chasing her for over 20 years, it's about time he actually got her. I just hated the rest of the movie. Some guy sitting at a computer, watching and helping the contestants on a Michael Myers-based reality show? Please!
Originally posted by soin2cal
This movie had me addicted to it after seeing it twice. Tell me, are the others as good?
None are as good but 2 and 4 are ones definitely worth checking out.

3 isn't bad, but it has nothing to do with Michael Myers or the Halloween story at all. 5 was just okay, redundant at times. I was surprised how much I liked 6, actually. You won't miss anything by skipping 7 and 8.

LORDSIDIOUS01
We have to wait and see.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Wolfie
I had no problem with Michael killing Laurie at the beginning of Resurrection. He's been chasing her for over 20 years, it's about time he actually got her.

but it happened so quickly in the first 5 minutes of the film dammit. mad at least have it happen at the END of the film when she has been in the movie the whole time for god sakes. mad mad I mean its pointless to have her in the movie in the first place if they are not even going to respect her character enough to not at LEAST go out after battling him for the whole movie.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I can confirm that Scout Taylor-Compton will be playing the role of Laurie Strode.

soin2cal
I dont know which sequel to buy as many sequels are rubbish.

deathbycorn
New Myers :

http://a627.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_28b8ee3267369882b94ae7416eb60bea.jpg

jason maddox
The new Micheal Meyers looks wicked as hell and i think Rob Zombie will produce a great re-telling of the Halloween mythology.

LaHaine
to add to some of these people who find links and act like it's exclusive info given to just them:

The Official Rob Zombie Halloween Page

The Script

Pic of Tyler Mane as Michael Myers
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/madhatter_08/mikeee.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.