Rockstar Supernova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
I did a search and nothing came up, which greatly surprised me! This band is awesome! Lucas Rossi has the best voice of all time and is way better than that Dilana chick. I don't like the fact that they had to change their name from Supernova to Rockstar Supernova though, the band who did the lawsuit was dumb and sucked! Anyways, discuss this band, they are great!

Nellinator
They could have been good, but they made a lot of mistakes. Well, actually, they need a better guitarist than Gilby Clarke. Newsted and Lee are both good though. Lukas has a good voice in a high range, but when he goes low he growls too much. Their songwriting is weak as all the songs they played on the show were very pop and not heavy metal or hard rock at all. They disappointed me. Besideds that Magni was by far the best contestant with the most powerful and best voice, the best guitar player (way better than Gilby), the most charisma, the most mature, and the least ego. I guarentee that Lukas will come into conflict with the band sooner than later.

General G
I agree they could have had a better guitarist than Gilby, but he isn't too bad. I kind of like the whole growl type voice, it sounds good, and yeah, he can go really high LOL! They have said specifically that even though they are all from heavy metal bands, they will NOT be doing heavy metal music, so that should have been expected. When I listenned to it the first time, I was a little disappointed as well, but it really grew on me, now they are all I listen to! Magni was pretty good, which was why he made it to where he did, but he certainly wasn't the best. Good guitarist, I may not go as far as saying better than Gilby, perhaps same level, maybe. I disagree with a lot of the things put there, he certainly has all those things, but may not be the MOST out of all of them. I don't think he will come into conflict, he fits too well into the band, his voice suits them and his look suits them and seems to get along pretty well with them.

General G
BUMP

I have listenned to this album on my ipod over 75 times! Great band.

General G
Does nobody like this band other than me?

Darth Oblivion
I think it's a cool band.

General G
Awesome, I'm not the only one thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, Tommy Lee just needs to put 2 and 2 together in a way that equals; "My music and all attempts to create art, sucks.".

-AC

General G
blink

tabby999
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, Tommy Lee just needs to put 2 and 2 together in a way that equals; "My music and all attempts to create art, sucks.".

-AC

yep, call it what you want the band is some talented musicians turning from the music that made them great and making schmuck after getting a singer from a trumped up popularity contest. No credibility.

Darth Oblivion
Originally posted by tabby999
yep, call it what you want the band is some talented musicians turning from the music that made them great and making schmuck after getting a singer from a trumped up popularity contest. No credibility.

...ok, i got nothin'

tabby999
didn't think so

Alpha Centauri
Neither does Tommy Lee.

-AC

tabby999
ah ah ah, hep c mate. i'm sure he has that.

General G
Originally posted by tabby999

I thought they have been doing quite well, I like the sound, they probably wanted something new after doing the same thing for years.

tabby999
doing well and making good music are two completly seperate things. I'm not saying you can't like them, i'm saying the members of the bands are more talented than the stuff they're doing now.

General G
In your opinion, what is wrong with their music? Yeah, it's no longer their Motley Crue, Guns n' Roses, or Metallica, but they said it wasn't going to be like that anymore, I do prefer their original bands, but I see nothing wrong with the music they are making now and how it sounds.

tabby999
its bland radio rock, thats whats wrong with it, all the bands that the members came from were all about going against the grain, about making music that ment something, now they're making this middle of the road crap that sounds like everything else.

General G
They don't sound like everything else, they have a different sound, thanksw to Lukas's voice, if it were someone else's, it would be the exact same as everything else, but Lukas's voice is something not many bands have, it sounds good. It's something new.

Slay
Originally posted by General G
They don't sound like everything else, they have a different sound, thanksw to Lukas's voice, if it were someone else's, it would be the exact same as everything else, but Lukas's voice is something not many bands have, it sounds good. It's something new.
That Lukas' voice sounds special (which it really doesn't), doesn't mean that they aren't a mainstream rock band. (which they are)

General G
Lukas's voice sounds like nothning out there right now, everyone else's is either really soft and annoying, rough and hard to understand, or you can't tell because they are screaming their damn heads off with their emo screamo crap. What really defines a mainstream rock band?

Alpha Centauri
Lukas's voice sounds like nothning out there right now, everyone else's is either really soft and annoying, rough and hard to understand, or you can't tell because they are screaming their damn heads off with their emo screamo crap. What really defines a mainstream rock band?

I find his voice to be annoying. He sounds worse than a great deal of the screamy shouty vocalists out. Where this whole Jeff Buckley comparison comes from I'll never know.

Can you say your point again, please? This time with added sense, as I could find none in this version.

-AC

General G
My point was very clearly stated that Lukas is a new sound that nobody has heard yet. And there is no way that those screamo crap sounds anywhere close to Lukas. His sound is different, and its new and it is nice to hear, evreyone just follows what people are listenning to now, his is a totally different sound.

Alpha Centauri
My point was very clearly stated that Lukas is a new sound that nobody has heard yet. And there is no way that those screamo crap sounds anywhere close to Lukas. His sound is different, and its new and it is nice to hear, evreyone just follows what people are listenning to now, his is a totally different sound.

To you it's nice, that's fine.

But don't go around making the objectively covering statement of "It's new and there's nobody like it.". It's not new, nothing new about it.

He's slurring his words and he's "eccentric". Big deal, he isn't the first or last to do it.

-AC

jaden101
hahaha...no seriously...HAHAHAHAAAAAHAAAHAHAHAAA

i think i may know where it came from...from Geoff Buckley...he works down my local and sounds like a doctor cut out his cancerous voice box and stuck a speaking hole in its place

tabby999
nah man its an obvious "we hope he dies young too" sorta deal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.