Horror in 2007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pandemoniac
What can we expect in the new year, and how good is it going to be?
The remake/sequel fashion is still on full steam, but maybe there are some original gems coming our way.
Anyhow, please display anything you have on upcoming horror and your expectations.

BackFire
New Romero zombie film - Diary of the Dead. Not much is known about it, but rumors say it maybe a prequel to Night of the Living Dead, or a reimagining of it.

Hostel 2 will be interesting, I hope.

Also Salo getting rereleased on DVD is awesome.

Another sequel to August Underground will be released.

And rumors of Gasper Noe's new film 'Enter the void' coming out next year are strong, but no one really knows.

Also the Day of the Dead remake.

Plus Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween.

David Sykes
Hitcher 2? They've decided to make Saw 4...ummm idk?

David Sykes
Sry...i meant Hitcher remake...

deathbycorn

Impediment
I'm kinda expectant of Rob Zombie's Halloween remake.............

that doesn't mean that I'm hopeful of a good job, though.

We shall see.

h0rr0rf@n@+1c
I'm actually looking forward to Rob Zombie's Halloween remake, it should satisfay fans if all goes well

zombieman
I'm most looking forward to the Midnight Meat Train, that oozes potential. I'm hoping for more of the same from Hostel 2 and I'm going to give the Halloween remake a chance, especially after i heard Malcome McDowall is onboard.

steverules
I didn't know AvP was horror, I thought that was sci-fi. I wonder if we'll see the Alien/predator creature thing in the sequal. I know alot of people thought AvP was quite rubbish but I didn't think it was that bad. Quite a few horror films coming in 2007 that I wouldn't mind seeing and I think might be quite good.

Pandemoniac
I'm very curious about Grindhouse featuring 'Planet Terror' from Deathbycorn's list (good one btw, forgot about some of them).

'My name is Bruce' could turn out really cool too. Looking forward to Hostel 2, Midnight Meat Train and Meg. Even AvP 2, they might just get it right this time.

steverules
Thats what I think about AvP 2 as well, I reckon they might do well

zombieman
Also, Grindhouse should be a good one.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I'm very curious about Grindhouse featuring 'Planet Terror' from Deathbycorn's list (good one btw, forgot about some of them).

'My name is Bruce' could turn out really cool too. Looking forward to Hostel 2, Midnight Meat Train and Meg. Even AvP 2, they might just get it right this time.
If your going to do a list, do a decent one I say!

I forgot about My Name Is Bruce.

And also Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires.

David Sykes
i want to see Hostel 2 very much....

roughrider
I'm going to see PAN'S LABYRINTH ( Guillermo del Toro) tomorrow. It's getting rave reviews; even Best Film Of The Year kind of recognition.
And I'm reading HANNIBAL RISING right now, in time for the movie next month. If the movie is nearly as gripping as the book, it should be quite good.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by roughrider
I'm going to see PAN'S LABYRINTH ( Guillermo del Toro) tomorrow. It's getting rave reviews; even Best Film Of The Year kind of recognition.
And I'm reading HANNIBAL RISING right now, in time for the movie next month. If the movie is nearly as gripping as the book, it should be quite good.

I wasn't enamoured with the book, but it was fairly good.

I hated one bit though. When The wizard's key fell down the drain, and McGee had to hang down on a rope, just in case Count Nefarious were never defeated.

MildPossession
I really hope the Battle Royale remake falls through and doesn't get made.

steverules
I wonder if there will be a sequal to Pulse

Tyranno-Chris
Originally posted by David Sykes
Hitcher 2? They've decided to make Saw 4...ummm idk?
Saw 3 dude. smile

Tyranno-Chris
Originally posted by h0rr0rf@n@+1c
I'm actually looking forward to Rob Zombie's Halloween remake, it should satisfay fans if all goes well
I can't wait for it! I'm about to go watch the first one to get me in the mood, but, it probably won't be out until like October 30th!

David Sykes
No, after they got such good reviews from Saw 3, they decided to make a Saw 4, but there will be a new director.

Pandemoniac
Saw 4 is on, probably going for another halloween release.
Meg is now aiming for summer 2008.

some new additions;
Primeval (new crocodile flick)
Monster Slayer
I am Legend (Will Smith vs. Vampires? Pics looked good though)
The Burrowers (most likely a Tremors rip-off)

David Sykes
OK, I am Legend...I heard that Johny Depp is gonna be like head vampire.

deathbycorn
Primeval (new crocodile flick)
Already on my list dude, looks cool hey!

roughrider
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I wasn't enamoured with the book, but it was fairly good.

I hated one bit though. When The wizard's key fell down the drain, and McGee had to hang down on a rope, just in case Count Nefarious were never defeated.

I just finished HANNIBAL RISING, and I saw PAN'S LABYRINTH tonight.

I don't understand your spoiler warning. It makes no sense.

zombieman
I wouldn't use Hannibal Rising to fuel my fire if I was freezing to death. It was nothing but a shameless cash-in, full of pretentious purple prose. The character of young Hannibal bears almost no resemblence to the Hannibal we know from the other books in the series. I didn't think it was possible, but Thomas Harris has actually written a worse book that 'Hannibal'. I'll be giving the movie a miss.

Victor Von Doom
I just finished HANNIBAL RISING, and I saw PAN'S LABYRINTH tonight.

I don't understand your spoiler warning. It makes no sense.

Yeah.

I just made it up.

Wolfie
I'm looking forward to seeing previews to Diary of the Dead and Halloween. Then I'll see if they look worthwhile to watch.

Bubba Nosferatu
My Name is Bruce
2002 Maniacs (just because the first was a pleasant surprise)
Big Bad Wolf

roughrider
Originally posted by zombieman
I wouldn't use Hannibal Rising to fuel my fire if I was freezing to death. It was nothing but a shameless cash-in, full of pretentious purple prose. The character of young Hannibal bears almost no resemblence to the Hannibal we know from the other books in the series. I didn't think it was possible, but Thomas Harris has actually written a worse book that 'Hannibal'. I'll be giving the movie a miss.

That's too hard. I know HANNIBAL took some knocks for being too far over the top and the ending hard to accept, but Harris doesn't seem like the type to write quick cash-ins. Look at the years he takes between books - RED DRAGON, 1981; THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, 1988; HANNIBAL, 1999; HANNIBAL RISING, 2006. Things couldn't have been hotter after the SILENCE movie was released in 1991 and won big at the Oscars, but he made people wait a full eight years to find out what happened next.
I read DRAGON and SILENCE back in the late 80's before the Lecter craze broke out, and his writerly voice hasn't changed for HR.
But, you're entitled to your view.

Victor Von Doom

I read DRAGON and SILENCE back in the late 80's before the Lecter craze broke out, and his writerly voice hasn't changed for HR.

His style has changed for the new book, for the worse. Often it looks like film script turned into prose, with no additional detail.

Having said that, the book isn't as bad as all that.

Hannibal isn't a bad book by any stretch of the imagination; I suspect that view comes from hype-based fellatio of SotL.

Pandemoniac
There might be some more sunshine through the clouds in horrorland this year:

Live Evil; vampires in search of pure, unspoiled blood. While their main enemy, a violent priest, happens to hijack the car of a woman with just that bloodtype

1408; based on a short story by Stephen King. Tells the tale of sceptic reporter who investigates rumored haunted places, while actually trying to prove the nonexistence of supernatural phenomena. However, one night on room 1408 might change his believes...

Dead Silence; the next thing to pop outta the sleeves of Bousmann and Wan, not sure yet about the real premise, but it includes pretty scary stuff involving creepy ventriloquist dolls. Looks very cool!

More to come

Solo
Originally posted by Wolfie
I'm looking forward to seeing previews to Diary of the Dead and Halloween. Then I'll see if they look worthwhile to watch.

Bubba Nosferatu
My Name is Bruce
Same here, can't wait to see what Halloween is like.

Originally posted by David Sykes
No, after they got such good reviews from Saw 3, they decided to make a Saw 4
Good reviews?

Supreme being
Originally posted by MildPossession
I really hope the Battle Royale remake falls through and doesn't get made.

yes I agree 100% it seems like Asian film industry is better at doing Horror films Battle Royale was extremly disturbing.

deathbycorn
I'm keen to see The Reaping from my first post.

And The Number 23 with Jim Carey looks pretty good.

Pandemoniac
Indeed! I've seen the stills of Carrey on Number 23 and he looks amazingly eerie. I'd love to see him in a serious horror/thriller, I'm sure he can pull it off. Very versatile actor, something people tend to forget cause of his comedy career.

Delta 62
Awesome.. Diary of the Dead and Day of the Dead remake. I was hoping for some new zombie movies. When are they due out? I hadn't heard about either one.

Pandemoniac
Diary of the dead is in the editing room. Notable mention is that is was shot in a mere 4 weeks. Dunno about that, seems a little short for a real Romero.
Can't find much news on the Day of the Dead remake, but the teaser was released some time ago, so they're probably wrapping it up and putting it out before the summer.

The teaser for 1408 is also out now; http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/1408.html

Looks interesting, they sure added some stuff to the original story.

And another Stephen King movie is taking shape fast; The Mist!
Great story and it could make a excellent popcorn horror (in the positive sense). Casting is just about complete and filming starts a month or so from now, might be a 2007 release.

Leathergien
is childs game supposed to be a chucky movie??

Grimm22
1408; based on a short story by Stephen King. Tells the tale of sceptic reporter who investigates rumored haunted places, while actually trying to prove the nonexistence of supernatural phenomena. However, one night on room 1408 might change his believes...
'

I heard about this story.

The trailer makes the movie seem a lot different than the original story though

steverules
Anyone know if the Hills have eyes 1 and 2 (originals) were any good?

Leathergien
they arent as good as the new ones, they were more cheasy

Deathbycorn you made a list at the begining of this forum, is childs game a chucky movie??

steverules
Hmm does sound like one

deathbycorn
No, it's a remake of Island of the Damned, a Spanish horror film.

I'm also looking forward to Killer Pad & Simon Says.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Wolfie

Bubba Nosferatu
My Name is Bruce
2002 Maniacs (just because the first was a pleasant surprise)
Big Bad Wolf From what I can tell, it's not going to be called '2002 Maniacs', but 2001 Maniacs: Beverly Hellbillys

Strangelove
Originally posted by deathbycorn
If your going to do a list, do a decent one I say!

I forgot about My Name Is Bruce.

And also Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires. Bubba Nosferatu is being talked about for a 2008 release, not this year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.