Beck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vanice
Do you guys like him? He's absolutely amazing to me. He never stops pushing boundaries.

I don't know if this thread already exists, but I couldn't find it when I searched for it anyway.

SelphieT
Used to like him. Don't anymore.

Solo
He's the best.

Victor Von Doom
I like Beck. A lot of my liking is appreciation rather than enjoyment though.

Having said that, I do enjoy his music.

Deathblow
Yeah I've only started getting into his newer stuff just recently and he still sounds good, and relevant.

Kid Kurdy
His two best albums are "Mellow Gold" en "Odelay".

The Core
Fairly underrated. I never really gave him a fair listen, though.

manorastroman
beck used to be homeless. true story.

vanice
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
His two best albums are "Mellow Gold" en "Odelay".

add guero and mutations to that stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by manorastroman
beck used to be homeless. true story.

Stories used to be longer. True sentence.

ElectricBugaloo
He is very talented, and one of the more underrated musicians of the 90s (and into the 00s, I guess). Most people latch on to his early work, but I really, really loved Sea Change.

It just showed his skill and diversity in songwriting, that he could write, say, "Loser" and "Lost Cause." Both great songs, but in a very different way.

manorastroman
Originally posted by Bardock42
Stories used to be longer. True sentence.

you're funny. true assertion.

to elaborate, he was homeless on...i believe it was venice beach. that's when he wrote and performed the first incarnations of mellow gold.

i always liked midnight vultures the best, just because it's THE most ironic record of all time. and it has some serious f ck music, to boot.

vintageSW77
cellphones dead - single of the year for me
Beck still got it
it being nudged by Over and Over by Hot Chip though

Dusty
"Loser" seems to be his best.

Punkyhermy
heart him.

vanice
take a look at this one. beck isn't a very good live artist, but this is really good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GkInUhdwEbs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.