Everything Is A Draw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solidus Snake
are the comic universes so afraid to say who is better than who that someone always has to be "holding back" or "some random shite has to end the battle when everything is getting started".

i wanna see some great fights. show me who is better than who. no retreating, no holding back, no delusions of grandeur. thats not how ppl fight in real life.

marvel, dc, show some balls and show ur loyal viewers of today, what is really going on w/ ur characters.

Metalmanx
You know, I must agree here. I'd like to see fights that are completely genuine.

Sure, some PIS/CIS battles are cool every now and then, but I want to see some definitive battles myself. yes

willRules
Yes but the companies would make the winners the most popular character, not the most able, plus the fan backlash for the losing character would be enormous.

Could you imagine a spider-man vs wolverine fight? It doesn't matter who wins, either way Marvel gets half it's fanbase moaning yes

I would like to see it happen but it won't sad

Scoobless
Originally posted by willRules
Yes but the companies would make the winners the most popular character, not the most able, plus the fan backlash for the losing character would be enormous.

Could you imagine a spider-man vs wolverine fight? It doesn't matter who wins, either way Marvel gets half it's fanbase moaning yes

I would like to see it happen but it won't sad

But if they do it right at least it'll only be the Wolverine half that's left moaning.

evil face

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
are the comic universes so afraid to say who is better than who that someone always has to be "holding back" or "some random shite has to end the battle when everything is getting started".

i wanna see some great fights. show me who is better than who. no retreating, no holding back, no delusions of grandeur. thats not how ppl fight in real life.

marvel, dc, show some balls and show ur loyal viewers of today, what is really going on w/ ur characters.

I don think there are 'objective truths' as to who are the most powerful characters. Like this forum, oppinions among writers vary, therefore they probably disagree with one another as to who is the best.

TricksterPriest
Of course there are some people like Hudlin who think Storm could beat Dr. Doom, or whoever wrote that Imperiex crap. Not to mention DS losing to Supes. Subjective interpretation is one thing, but there have to be some limits. Otherwise you'd have guys like Paste-pot pete owning Galactus. laughing

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Scoobless
But if they do it right at least it'll only be the Wolverine half that's left moaning.

evil face here, here! evil face smokin'

willRules

evil face

EXACTLY yes

outavodka
Seriously it comes down to the writters and even then do you know what kinda chaos erupts between DC/Marvel writters as to who does what and wins in stright up bloodlust fights. They would have to settle the wins already determened buy buying the wins with lawyers presnt and shyt like that. Neither company would like to just "take one on the chin" while one of their own goes down. Its like admiting you would lose and going through with the fight.

Scoobless
Originally posted by outavodka
Seriously it comes down to the writters and even then do you know what kinda chaos erupts between DC/Marvel writters as to who does what and wins in stright up bloodlust fights. They would have to settle the wins already determened buy buying the wins with lawyers presnt and shyt like that. Neither company would like to just "take one on the chin" while one of their own goes down. Its like admiting you would lose and going through with the fight.

For company crossovers they should go around various KMC style forums and gather opinions/facts (cos face it, most writers don't know their characters full history these days) and then make an informed decision.

Weyoun
For company crossovers they should go around various KMC style forums and gather opinions/facts (cos face it, most writers don't know their characters full history these days) and then make an informed decision.

I think the writers and creators know better than fanboys with over inflated egos. 12 to 16 year old boys are not good judges of anything.

Prof S.T.I.

I doubt that very much. I'm pretty sure most writers (especially when writing something as commercially significant as an inter company crossover) will have had to do as much research as possible before undertaking the project.

Weyoun

Originally posted by Weyoun
I think the writers and creators know better than fanboys with over inflated egos. 12 to 16 year old boys are not good judges of anything.

Originally posted by Prof S.T.I.
I doubt that very much. I'm pretty sure most writers (especially when writing something as commercially significant as an inter company crossover) will have had to do as much research as possible before undertaking the project.

You are a very sensible person for a boy Prof S.T.D.

Prof S.T.I.
You are a very sensible person for a boy Prof S.T.D.

And you seem really hot, any pics other than that frigid little Kami ?

Weyoun
And you seem really hot, any pics other than that frigid little Kami ?

I have a myspace site but I'm not letting people on here have it yet.

Molly is not frigid she's cool.

srankmissingnin

With out a doubt the writers do character research before they start their projects but a month (if that) of research is hardly enough to cut it when you have fans who have read every single issue 'insert character name here' has ever been in. What does the writers research entail? Heading over to the comic shop picking up some back issues and then reading the wikipedia page that pertains to their writing? It isn't enough. Most of the posters on KMC are walking encyclopedias of - at the very least - one character, I'm sure browsing the froms and reading various posts would help a lot of writers get a grasp on the characters they are writing.

Prof S.T.I.
I have a myspace site but I'm not letting people on here have it yet.

Molly is not frigid she's cool.

Oh shit thats molly from runaways , i though it was kami from Drax .... sorry about that, hope it hasn't compromised our relationship ?

Weyoun
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
With out a doubt the writers do character research before they start their projects but a month (if that) of research is hardly enough to cut it when you have fans who have read every single issue 'insert character name here' has ever been in. What does the writers research entail? Heading over to the comic shop picking up some back issues and then reading the wikipedia page that pertains to their writing? It isn't enough. Most of the posters on KMC are walking encyclopedias of - at the very least - one character, I'm sure browsing the froms and reading various posts would help a lot of writers get a grasp on the characters they are writing.

I suspect the writers are the biggest fans out there and have read more comics than all the teenage forum fanboys in the world. Most of them have had many more years to read those comics.

Weyoun
Oh shit thats molly from runaways , i though it was kami from Drax .... sorry about that, hope it hasn't compromised our relationship ?

Not at all Prof, sorry I thought you were STC not STI hehe.

Prof S.T.I.

All i can say is writers have greater access to past info than fans (including past writers interpretations), and one can do lot of research in a month.

srankmissingnin
I suspect the writers are the biggest fans out there and have read more comics than all the teenage forum fanboys in the world. Most of them have had many more years to read those comics.

Writers don't get to pick their projects (well... some of the big wigs do) they are assigned to them, so while the writer may be a massive Fantastic Four fan that won't help them at all with writing the Justice League.

Prof S.T.I.
Not at all Prof, sorry I thought you were STC not STI hehe.

Illness / Disease mean the same thing ! wink

Prof S.T.I.
Writers don't get to pick their projects (well... some of the big wigs do) they are assigned to them, so while the writer may be a massive Fantastic Four fan that won't help them at all with writing the Justice League.

From what i know from reading Wizard and Newsrama, im under the impression tha they do have some le-way as to what they can actually write. There are though exceptions;Warren Ellis on T.Bolts for example.

srankmissingnin
All i can say is writers have greater access to past info than fans (including past writers interpretations), and one can do lot of research in a month.

Greater access? Writers don't have access to my long boxes. cool

Simple fact is that marvel doesn't have a library of their past issues for their writers to peruse and writers don't have the funds to snatch up every issue ever published... unless as luck would have it they were collecting the titles they just happened to be writing.

Lucid Lui
I've heard a few times that Marvel does have a library, it's just that the writer has to go to it instead of borrowing.

Or something like that.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I've heard a few times that Marvel does have a library, it's just that the writer has to go to it instead of borrowing.

Or something like that.

I never heard that. I had heard they give writers reading material so they understand the essentials of the characters... maybe something like a mini encyclopedia but I don't know.

Prof S.T.I.

Simple fact is that marvel doesn't have a library of their past issues for their writers to peruse and writers don't have the funds to snatch up every issue ever published... unless as luck would have it they were collecting the titles they just happened to be writing.

I find that hard to believe, but i maybe wrong

Weyoun
Greater access? Writers don't have access to my long boxes. cool

Marvel keeps copies of everything in fact several for writers to do research with. Claremont talked about it in Wizard once.

Scoobless

Using the Internet, a person could get hold of even the most obscure titles within a few days.

Badabing

I couldn't agree more. cool

Prof S.T.I.
Using the Internet, a person could get hold of even the most obscure titles within a few days.

I think Writers are allowed to use the Internet, but i maybe wrong. Plus they can easily get in depth info from previous writers, something fans don't really have access to.

Solidus Snake
i find it hard to believe that marvel does not have a library of the magaizines that they have published from time immemorrium.

all writers must do extensive research b4 writing. and if it isnt plausible, when it gets to the editors, they say "thee nay". then theres the editor in chief to get past.

i think they just need to be stricter in their rules and stop letting so much shite get on the presses

Scoobless
i find it hard to believe that marvel does not have a library of the magaizines that they have published from time immemorrium.

Stan Lee has mentioned a few times in interviews, as well as in his bio-autography, that he never kept copies of the issues from the old days and that he wishes he had.

I assume that means that Marvel don't have a lot of the comics from the 60s on hand ... unless they went out and bought them as back issues since then.

Weyoun
Stan Lee has mentioned a few times in interviews, as well as in his bio-autography, that he never kept copies of the issues from the old days and that he wishes he had.

I assume that means that Marvel don't have a lot of the comics from the 60s on hand ... unless they went out and bought them as back issues since then.

Claremont and Gaiman have both talked about "The Vaults" at Marvel, so it seems likely.

Although when a certain someone was writing Thor he could only find the two examples of him being hit and wounded by bullets and not the older one with Spidey and the FF where his arm is in a lsling. So paerhaps it's not complete as far as early sixties books are concerned. The Number of books from 68 onwards makes me think they would have gone and got anything from that point on they were missing.

Also remember these guys were fans read the forward to the tpb of the original "Suadron Supreme" about how they all used to test Mark Gruenwald on JLA because he knew everything about it don't to quotes and issues, even though he worked at Marvel.

long pig
Um, no.

It's common knowledge that writers of comics aren't forced to read the history of a comic before they write them. They are briefed and that's about it.

MOST mini series are written by people who have no idea the powers and histories of the characters they are writing for.

Mindship

Oh, Lordy, the real-world repercussions would rattle the Omniverse.

An excellent example of a battle cop-out: the Silver Surfer / Superman crossover. Fudge, these guys didn't even fight!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindship
Oh, Lordy, the real-world repercussions would rattle the Omniverse.

An excellent example of a battle cop-out: the Silver Surfer / Superman crossover. Fudge, these guys didn't even fight!

Neither of them is particularly violent or short tempered though.

no expression

Mindship
Neither of them is particularly violent or short tempered though.

no expression

Yeah, but c'mon, what's the point of a cross-over if there's no fighting, even if just a tad? The comic-book superhero universe was made for battle; it's what they do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.