Best Anime Villian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
Who do you think is the greatest villian in anime and why?

You can rate on any basis you want and don't bash other people's opinions.

Blaxican
Wolverine.

King Kandy
Lord Hazanko.

Endless Mike
Giant enemy crab

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Blaxican
Wolverine.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Giant enemy crab

you could have not made fun of me

Tallis
Kuroro Lucifer

Emperor Ashtar
Marshall D. Teach A.K.A. the BlackBeard and Aizen Sousuke

Blaxican
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
you could have not made fun of me

I'm not making fun of you, just the thread. smile

In all seriousness... the best anime villain would be someone no from Onepeice or Dragon Ball Z, naruto has some really sh*tty ones as well.

Heaven's Sword
I think it was Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Heaven's Sword
I think it was Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin.
Forgot about him... He's pretty Badass.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by King Kandy
Lord Hazanko.

Co-signed. He was awesome.
I also enjoyed Harry McDougal in that show.

There were many good bad guys.

Chapel from Trigun
Bloody Harry from Gungrave
That priest dude from Hellsing
Meier Link from Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Lil Slugger from Paranoia Agent
Half the women in Love Hina
That perverted teacher in Azumanga Daioh
Your mom

But I think Hazanko is a good choice.

Kayne Archeron
Kagato from Tenchi Muyo!

Kain from Tenchi Muyo! the Movie

Yakumo from Poltergeist Report: the 2nd Yu Yu movie

Vicious from Cowboy Bebop

Vincent Volaju from Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (Knockin' on Heaven's Door)

Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin

Mayerling from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (i thought it was Meier Link for the longest time until i read the 3rd Vampire Hunter D book, Demon Deathchase)

Fei Wang Reed from Tsubasa: resevoir chronicles

Millenium Earl from D.Gray-Man

King Kandy
Hazanko looked awesome when he Killed Harry.

Kero_Co
I couldn't choose if my life depended on it, but some names that standout are vicious,sharon apple, and Millenium Earl. Also, I wouldn't say that Mayerling was a villain at all, he was the victim,but as for as D goes Dracula is an amazing villain. He's a savior,mad scientist,rapist,and demonic king.

Wild-Cherry
I think It's Gendo Ikari from Neon Genesis yes

Souichiro Nagi
I think Itachi Uchiha from Naruto is pretty bad ass.
Mitsuomi Takayanagi from Tenjou Tenge is also awesome.

Psyquis52
I loved Vegeta when he was truly evil. In fact he was the one person that really grabbed my attention for the show.

VICIOUS!! That was his name. Now I feel stupid. I was going to bring him up but I just could not remember.

Thanks to Kayne Archeron for that great tidbit of info. Mayerling? I would have never guessed. wink

Also on Naruto Kabuto is not a bad villain by any level. If he can convince you that he's nice then he's probably a great bad-guy.

I forgot to mention my favorite villain from the Gungrave series.
Bunji Kugashira - Probably my favorite villain in anime.

Souichiro Nagi
Hell yeah agreed! big grin Along with Baby-Vegeta and General Rildo.

Vinny Valentine
Personally, I think my favorite Anime Villian of all time is from Naruto:

http://www.pbworks.net/albums/album18/056_orochimaru.jpg
Orochimaru, he's just a badass and he makes a very good villian. I've seen alot of animes, and this guy takes the win in my mind.

Psyquis52
Nothing wrong with that choice.

Souichiro Nagi
Agreed. He is sick and crazy yet smart. And is very power hungry but is powerful! big grin

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Orochimaru, he's just a badass and he makes a very good villian. I've seen alot of animes, and this guy takes the win in my mind.

Orochimaru FTW

if Ozzy Osbourne was an anime villain, that would be him XD

Chrnoebl
No mention of Sephorith?

Symmetric Chaos
Not being counted as Anime due to it being a game

Still its a valid opion

I can't decide personally

Johan Leibert from Monster
Royoko Asakura from Haruhi (well for one episode)
Freeza from BDZ (their last good villian)

Chrnoebl
I don't understand isn't there a lot of DBZ games?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Chrnoebl
I don't understand isn't there a lot of DBZ games?

I think you got your threads mixed up

Chrnoebl
Na ah.

Symmetric Chaos
?

Chrnoebl
I said the best villian is Sephorith. You said it doesn't count 'cause it was a game.Then I said DBZ was a game.

Symmetric Chaos
but there is DBZ anime

I can't think of any FF7 nongame anime

Endless Mike
Advent Children? Does that count as anime?

Symmetric Chaos
I dunno

I'll say yes

The forum is Anime/Manga but I guess we should allow all japanese animated and print media

Chrnoebl
Advent Children is the only one I've seen.

animewatcher13
there are others

Chrnoebl
I just watched Advent Chidren right when it came out at my friends but I wasn't interested.

Chrnoebl
Look at this Akutsuki guy I don't know his name.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Chrnoebl
Look at this Akutsuki guy I don't know his name.

Zetsu

leonheartmm
urochimaru, itachi,kyuubi ..................naruto
shishio sama............. rurournin kenshin
vicious, vincent.........cowboy bebop
sigma, lumine............megaman
kurei.........recca
vegeta..........dragon ball
the joker........batman the animated series{1980s-90s} srry had to say it
the red comet.......original gundam
geist........MD GEIST{i know the movie kindasucked but he truly is an INSANE and unforgetably evil character}

jake hamoy
stupid idiot monsters from sailor moon. they did not even think of dispelling or cancelling sailor soldiers' transformation sequence or attack them while they are on a speech. HOW STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jake hamoy
IT'S KINDA IRONIC, YOU KNOW.

Sado22
Legato Bluesummers from Trigun
Griffith from Berserk
Vicious from Cowboy Bebop

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Adult Swim Guy
A deliciously evil villain, Naraku

Shroons
Originally posted by leonheartmm

kurei.........recca

I so agree with you on that one!

Kento
I'd say Kurei..But he's not really a villain, and even less so during the end.
Then there is Gaara..who turns good so I guess he's out now also. Sooo I'm going to have to go with. Akabane aka Dr. Jackal from GetBackers as my favorite villain. Though there are some awesome villains to me he takes the cake. Though Rao from Fist of the North Star, Broli from DBZ, and Dais from Ronin Warriors are up there at the top.

Aizen
Aizen...a villian to the bone!!!!!

Ultimate Hulk43
Cell from Dragonball Z because he's just badass.

Symmetric Chaos
Johan Liebert

As a little kid he made 50 people murder each other without him having to lift a finger.

DeathEater23
Best anime villian is Naraku from inyuashia

StyleTime
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Cell from Dragonball Z because he's just badass.
I've always thought Perfect Cell was pretty badass as well.

Adult Swim Guy
i think freeza my self but hey what do i know?

Endless Mike
Eh, if you ask me the only DBZ villain to really qualify as "badass" was Vegeta when he first appeared.

Psyquis52
I'll agree with that. Vegeta was pretty awesome. He was actually the only thing that attracted me to DBZ in the first place.

Lord Melkor
How about Nakago from Fushigi Yuugi?

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Adult Swim Guy
i think freeza my self but hey what do i know?

The only thing that I hate about Frieza is his voice. He should've had a deep voice & not a girly voice in which he was actually voiced by a girl.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
The only thing that I hate about Frieza is his voice. He should've had a deep voice & not a girly voice in which he was actually voiced by a girl.

His voice in the original Japanese version was much better.

Kazenji
Coola he's far more badass then frieza

midnightshadow
what is with the term badass that everybody keeps throwing around? that is like such a non discript word, what does it even really mean anyway.
as for villians in animes i have several which i concider to be the best, including some that some people might not concider being villians ( ie Tohma from Gravi) but ultimatly i think it has to be Muraki from Yami no Matsuei. he is evil to the core!
i mean devil
really

id369
Saga of Gemini (Saint Seiya)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2b/Saga_of_gemini.JPG/290px-Saga_of_gemini.JPG

Adult Swim Guy
I think ur moms the best villain!!

WrathfulDwarf
I think ur moms the best villain!!

I think you need to relax with those comments.

Adult Swim Guy
let me guess u are going to suspend me or like ex spell me?O saying ur mom ain't that bad i could say a lot more but i like this site so i wontsmile

WrathfulDwarf
let me guess u are going to suspend me or like ex spell me?

You betcha...so yeah, don't make thing personal with name calling.

Thank you. smile

Adult Swim Guy
ewwww dude! god u know i did not call names in the first place?

dvampire
Nakago from Fushigi Yugi

M.T. STYLE
Toguro From Yu Yu Hakusho Is By Far The Best & Coolest villian Ever...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/solidus78/toguro001-1.jpg

http://www.yuyuhakusho.com/characters/villains/y_toguro/picture.gif

animewatcher13
Sephiroth and it does count because of the OAV FFVII: Last Order

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Add Lt. Frank Archer to that list.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/Mizk/Archer.gif

I watch Pokemon
Who would you say is the most powerful anime villain? shifty

Endless Mike
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon

Possibly Valgaav/Darkstar from Slayers

King Nothing
Cell or Vegeta.

DangerousBeauty
I'd say Major from Hellsing or main character from Death Note. My mind draws a blank on his name.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Rorschach

Hirudegarn or Super Buuhan.

colonelf40
I would say Raoh from FOTNS

http://www.hokutonoken.it/film/skd/personaggi/raoh.jpg

DOYLEZOMBIE
I think Bebi from Dragonball GT

Kero_Co
Lord Darcia III
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs7/300W/i/2006/001/7/3/Darcia_by_Somapha.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/042/b/b/lord_Darcia_by_cme.jpg

ensatsu-ken
Sorry for bumping this really old looking thread, but I felt like sharing my opinion as well. My top 3 favorite anime villains of all time are:

Shinobu Sensui (from Yu Yu Hakusho)

Gauron/Gauln (from Full Metal Panic!)

And, of course....

Yukishiro Enishi (from Rurouni Kenshin; but only from the RK manga, and not the OVAs)

WHITEBEARD
Alkanphel (Guyver)

Best aniti hero, Agito Makashima (Guyver)

Linkinpark200
cell and super buu from dragonball z and taguro from yu yu hakusho

Violent2Dope
Cell I would agree with, and Toguro I would DEFINATELY agree with.

SHM
My favorite anime villian is Naraku, from Inyuasha

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
His voice in the original Japanese version was much better.
I agree completely. It was even a bit creepy.

And don't get me STARTED on Vegeta... His voice was a million times better in Japanese.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Kal-El_08
Hirudegarn or Super Buuhan.
HIRUDEGARN? Are you kidding me?

Violent2Dope
Why quote a banned member lol?

King Kandy
I guess I wasn't thinking.

Accel
Five pages and no mention of Team Rocket?

You people disappoint me.

Neo Darkhalen
DBZ villains.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Accel
Five pages and no mention of Team Rocket?

You people disappoint me.
Those guys are horrible, horrible villains.

Neo Darkhalen
DBZ villains are the best.

animewatcher13
sephiroth is insane!!!!!!

EvilAngel
My two favourites are:

Uchiha Itachi
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/250929-20051205110721.jpg

Hollow Ichigo
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/Ichigo_Hollow_by_Dokiestudioz.jpg

Shadow Spider
HIRUDEGARN? Are you kidding me?

Hirudegarn is cool, not the best, but cool. I say Ulube, an entire season of G Gundam and you never knew he was evil! Who else can say they did that?

SHM
Another good villain is Hao Asakura.

TricksterPriest
Beast Wars Megatron. He got butchered in the japanese version of the show, but on the original american version, he was a spectacular villain. And the reveal that he in fact, had actually planned for their destination and time from the beginning and was following a plan created by the original Megatron (as well as tying the entire show's timeline into G1 Transformers) was amazingly well-done.

MelloDraMattIc
Originally posted by DangerousBeauty
I'd say Major from Hellsing or main character from Death Note. My mind draws a blank on his name.

Raito (or Light) Yagami.
And as to the villain, I'd say either Raito Yagami, or the Death Note itself. Mainly because the Death Note was the thing that caused Raito to become so..."Evil," even though, as proved in the series, good and even are seen through relative perspectives.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by MelloDraMattIc
Raito (or Light) Yagami.
And as to the villain, I'd say either Raito Yagami, or the Death Note itself. Mainly because the Death Note was the thing that caused Raito to become so..."Evil," even though, as proved in the series, good and even are seen through relative perspectives.

The Note didn't make him evil, his arrogance did that.

MelloDraMattIc
The Note didn't make him evil, his arrogance did that.

Not completely true.
When his memory of the Note was erased from him, he was just like any other teenage guy ("Hi!! I'm Raito Yagami!! Pleased to meet you L....Why Daddy!? WHY ARE YOU POINTING THAT GUN AT ME!? DADDY, NO!! I SWEAR, I'M NOT KIRA...BLAH BLAH BLAH..."wink

But Raito + Note = "I AMMMMM GODDDDDD!!!! FEAR MY GODDY-GOD-NESS!!!! RAAAAWRRRR!!!!"

My point is, we're all born with evil inside of us. Something has to influence the evil to let it grow and fester. Someone just doesn't get up and say, "I'm bored. I guess I'll kill thousands of people today because I wanna be 'evil'!!"

Which also brings up another point: Through Raito's eyes, he wasn't the evil one. He was the good guy, making the world better for the 'good' people like him by getting rid of the 'bad' people. And the people who tried to stop him from making the world 'better' by killing the 'bad people' (L, Mello, Near, SPK, etc.) were the 'BAD' people (and if you think about it, Mello and Matt were kind of both "Bad And Good" because of their methods of getting information, but also because of the fact that they were working to avenge L's wrongful death and they were trying to catch Kira aka Raito, who, in their eyes, was a true crimminal.)

Symmetric Chaos
Not completely true.
When his memory of the Note was erased from him, he was just like any other teenage guy ("Hi!! I'm Raito Yagami!! Pleased to meet you L....Why Daddy!? WHY ARE YOU POINTING THAT GUN AT ME!? DADDY, NO!! I SWEAR, I'M NOT KIRA...BLAH BLAH BLAH..."wink

But Raito + Note = "I AMMMMM GODDDDDD!!!! FEAR MY GODDY-GOD-NESS!!!! RAAAAWRRRR!!!!"

Simply because he had power to take action as he intended. Ryuuk even points out that most people are scared shitless of the Note whereas Light seized the opportunity.

My point is, we're all born with evil inside of us. Something has to influence the evil to let it grow and fester. Someone just doesn't get up and say, "I'm bored. I guess I'll kill thousands of people today because I wanna be 'evil'!!"

For most people sure but Light decided that he was going to be Kira in less than a week, that's hardly enough time to get corrupted. All he needed was to see that the Note did what it said it did.

Which also brings up another point: Through Raito's eyes, he wasn't the evil one. He was the good guy, making the world better for the 'good' people like him by getting rid of the 'bad' people. And the people who tried to stop him from making the world 'better' by killing the 'bad people' (L, Mello, Near, SPK, etc.) were the 'BAD' people (and if you think about it, Mello and Matt were kind of both "Bad And Good" because of their methods of getting information, but also because of the fact that they were working to avenge L's wrongful death and they were trying to catch Kira aka Raito, who, in their eyes, was a true crimminal.)

Which is why DeathNote is so much fun.

MelloDraMattIc
Simply because he had power to take action as he intended. Ryuuk even points out that most people are scared shitless of the Note whereas Light seized the opportunity.

Well, thinking of doing something is one thing, but taking action is a whole 'nother thing entirely.

I mean, L was an investigator. He studied cases in which people would have heanous crimes committed unto them, and cases in which "Evil" was rampant. He could have done the same thing Light did when he got hold of the Death Note. He could have killed all these crimminals and made the world a better place, blahblahblahblahblah.

But he didn't. That's the key. In theory, he would have the same thoughts rushing through his head as Raito (Noticed how I've been using 'Raito' and 'Light' interchangeably? Weird..........) but he had enough self-restraint not to do such things.

Why?
Because L was used to it!!! It was his JOB!!! Unlike Ratio, he had seen enough to see that mandkind was imperfect, and not go power-crazy under the influence of the Death Note!!!!!!!!!

Grinning Goku
Frieza.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Frieza. thumb up

Symmetric Chaos
Well, thinking of doing something is one thing, but taking action is a whole 'nother thing entirely.

I mean, L was an investigator. He studied cases in which people would have heanous crimes committed unto them, and cases in which "Evil" was rampant. He could have done the same thing Light did when he got hold of the Death Note. He could have killed all these crimminals and made the world a better place, blahblahblahblahblah.

But he didn't. That's the key. In theory, he would have the same thoughts rushing through his head as Raito but he had enough self-restraint not to do such things.

Why?
Because L was used to it!!! It was his JOB!!! Unlike Ratio, he had seen enough to see that mandkind was imperfect, and not go power-crazy under the influence of the Death Note!!!!!!!!!

The Note has no influence on people, that would require sentience. Light is a genius and a brilliant investigator, the Note gave him a way to accomplish what he wanted to without appreciable risk (prior to his knowledge of L).

The Note didn't change who Light was. It changed what he could do. L simply didn't want to go around killing people in the first place so he didn't. Light saw an opportunity and took it, no influence was needed. People don't jump from highschool student to mass murderer because they can, people switch like that because they wanted to and suddenly found they can.

(Noticed how I've been using 'Raito' and 'Light' interchangeably? Weird..........)

I have. According to my (completely legal) sources Tsugumi Ohba issued a statement that the name Raito is supposed to be translated not left in the original Japanese. Doing so actually makes a great deal of sense.

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Frieza.

Curse you and your ability to name DBZ characters I don't hate.

chickenlover98
well frieza was a great villian

theburningSKULL
Personally, I think Light Yagami from Death Note was pretty evil. After finding the Death Note, he became full of corruption, only leading pain and suffering in the end

Accel
Those guys are horrible, horrible villains.
Only drug-dealing terrorists who mug little kids would say that.

Neo Darkhalen
Frieza, Cell, Buu, Cooler, Ginyu force (just because of the rock, paper, scissors.) and Demon King Piccolo.

Toku King
Apocalymon and the Dark Masters.

EvilAngel
Piedmon was good, puppetmon was obviously locked in a cold room with a wet sock for company as a child, Machindramon died pathetically, and metalseadramon was OK at best

Neo Darkhalen
Apocolypticmon was good, Etamon, Myotismon (best) Machinedramon and Datamon were good.

Sado22
Griffith was probably the coolest villain. i've never seen anyone f--k someone's life over worst than how he did to guts.
cool, calm, calculating and vicious as hell.
speaking of vicious....Vicious from cowboy bebop was pretty cool.

honorable mentions would be:
Legato Bluesummers from trigun and Raoh from Fist of the Northstar

Neo Darkhalen
Cell, Buu, Frieza, Myotismon.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Toku King
Apocalymon and the Dark Masters.
Nah, they were pretty terrible. Only Piedmon struck me as powerful and threatening.

Neo Darkhalen
Myotismon, Cooler, Cell, Buu, Frieza.

EvilAngel
In one of the games Myotismon evolves into Piedmon stick out tongue

BradBalboa
Majin Buu (Kid) the ultimate evil in the DBZ, nearly destroyed the universe twice !! and killed 3 of the highest rankings gods in the DBZU 1!! plus hes a fuking pshyco

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.