How Did Thanos Die ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prof S.T.I.
It really doesn't make any sense when you consider it. The guys pretty much a Skyfather and yet he was killed by Drax, whose basically a skillfull version of the Thing. I mean Drax has been incredibly badass through out the Anhilation serries, and yet he wouldn't really stand a chance against someone on the Surferslevel. He couldn't even beat the Hulk, when in his more powerful original form. And how do you kill an Eternal by pulling out their heart ? The Deviants recently did everything save nuke Ikkaris, and hes still alive. I thought these people could basically transmute elements out of thin air ?

King_Mungi
Drax was built to kill Thanos, he is the silver bullet to a werewolf. Something inside him as stated allows him to kill Thanos, so that's why he did what he had to do. Doesn't mean he is stronger than Thanos, just that he is his weakness

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Drax was built to kill Thanos, he is the silver bullet to a werewolf. Something inside him as stated allows him to kill Thanos, so that's why he did what he had to do. Doesn't mean he is stronger than Thanos, just that he is his weakness

I dont think i've ever heard that b4, I think it maybe mere speculation.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Prof S.T.I.
I dont think i've ever heard that b4, I think it maybe mere speculation.

Nope they directly state this in Annihilation #4 and even used the Werewolf analogy as well.

Prof S.T.I.
Nope they directly state this in Annihilation #4 and even used the Werewolf analogy as well.

I thought he died in Anhilation 4 ? Oh maybe not, that makes a lot of sense when you consider it. How else where they going to kill him, seeing the only person capableof it was currently under Anhilus's control.

roughrider

That is why Kronos created Drax - to punish Thanos. Although, it's taken this long for Drax to do what he's capable of.

Solidus Snake
its about time drax killed him. hes been moaning and groaning about it for years.

but we all know thanos will be back

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
its about time drax killed him. hes been moaning and groaning about it for years.

but we all know thanos will be back

I hope so. I love the mythology of the Eternals, i far preer them to the more traditional Gods. If i was Joe Q, i would have them retconned into being the only so-called Gods of earth. Of course id have some Gods made into Eternals,such as Thor, Loki and Ares

TricksterPriest
How much you wanna bet 'Thanos' was yet another clone, or Death brings him back.....hey wait. Shouldn't Death's curse have prevented Drax from killing him?

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How much you wanna bet 'Thanos' was yet another clone, or Death brings him back.....hey wait. Shouldn't Death's curse have prevented Drax from killing him?

Whatever it was about Drax circumvented Death's curse.

But then again, I thought Death removed that curse long ago? I could be wrong, I spose.

Anyways; it'll be quite awesome if Thanos takes over/merges with/becomes a new Death. As in, the abstract entity. Imagine Annihilus' reaction if, after Galactus kills him, he is ushered over to Death's Realm to find a waiting Thanos.

Lord S
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How much you wanna bet 'Thanos' was yet another clone, or Death brings him back.....hey wait. Shouldn't Death's curse have prevented Drax from killing him? If you understand what the pretense was for using clones in past stories, then this Thanos is definitely not a clone.

I am certain that Death will resurrect him at some point.

King_Mungi
I thought he died in Anhilation 4 ? Oh maybe not, that makes a lot of sense when you consider it. How else where they going to kill him, seeing the only person capableof it was currently under Anhilus's control.

He did and they explained how Drax could kill him in the same issue.

Black Adam
I hate spoilers in the topic title. mad

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Black Adam
I hate spoilers in the topic title. mad

Sorry embarrasment

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Lord S
If you understand what the pretense was for using clones in past stories, then this Thanos is definitely not a clone.

I am certain that Death will resurrect him at some point.
Of course. He's too popular to stay dead. And he'll probably get a nice upgrade too (another one).

Btw, I found it strange in Annihilation, that Thanos saw a little white girl just before dying. Thanos isn't from Earth, it doesn't make sense that Death took the form of a white little human girl, Thanos is a big purple Eternal.

It was a cool scene though.

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Of course. He's too popular to stay dead. And he'll probably get a nice upgrade too (another one).

Btw, I found it strange in Annihilation, that Thanos saw a little white girl just before dying. Thanos isn't from Earth, it doesn't make sense that Death took the form of a white little human girl, Thanos is a big purple Eternal.

It was a cool scene though.

She looked like that during his mini that was also written by Griffen. I think he thought that death in the guise as an Eternal wouldn't be as effective at the desired effect.

Kid Kurdy
She looked like that during his mini that was also written by Griffen. I think he thought that death in the guise as an Eternal wouldn't be as effective at the desired effect.
Maybe. Who knows ? Who cares ?

Still, it was a good comic. Annihilation is a bit overrated - nowhere as good as Civil War - but it's still a good read.

Prof S.T.I.
Maybe. Who knows ? Who cares ?

Still, it was a good comic. Annihilation is a bit overrated - nowhere as good as Civil War - but it's still a good read.

Civil War is causing up quite a storm on many of the various comic book boards. Lots of people are hating it due to its depiction of 'Evil' Ironman. IMO its the best non X book to come out of the 616 universe since enemy of the state (Also created by Millar).

Solidus Snake
eternals look like humans. thanos is a mutant and thats why he looks the way he does. he'd still see her as a "regular humanoid"

Weyoun
Interesting Eternals can't be killed physically in the Eternals series. Not even by each other.

Why did Thanos die ever?

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Weyoun
Interesting Eternals can't be killed physically in the Eternals series. Not even by each other.

Why did Thanos die ever?

Yes Thanos has died in the recent Anhilation arc. Have you read any eternals before, you sexy little minx ! smile

Weyoun
Yes Thanos has died in the recent Anhilation arc. Have you read any eternals before, you sexy little minx ! smile

Yes I read that but why did he ever need to be madeimmortal by Death ever, he is like Ikaris he would just return and be reset, a bit like a computer.

This Drax was his bane stuff makes no sense.

Prof S.T.I.
Yes I read that but why did he ever need to be madeimmortal by Death ever, he is like Ikaris he would just return and be reset, a bit like a computer.

This Drax was his bane stuff makes no sense.

Contary to what most think, I dont think Griffen is quite on the same wave length as Gaiman. Have you enjoyed the recent Eternals serries ?, i think its been the mini of the year. As i sated before, i love kirby the esque interpretation of the mythological gods. Far better than the traditional magic mythologies.

Sci Fi >>>>>>>> Magic !

Weyoun
Contary to what most think, I dont think Griffen is quite on the same wave length as Gaiman. Have you enjoyed the recent Eternals serries ?, i think its been the mini of the year. As i sated before, i love kirby the esque interpretation of the mythological gods. Far better than the traditional magic mythologies.

Sci Fi >>>>>>>> Magic !

It has been fantastic, Gaiman is the best out their.

Prof S.T.I.
It has been fantastic, Gaiman is the best out their.

For the medium i think Morisson is slightly superior, but Gaiman comes a close second. I wish he would write more bloody often. I'd love him to revamp the fourthwall (The New Gods, if u havent heard the name).

norrinradd43
Originally posted by Soljer
Whatever it was about Drax circumvented Death's curse.

But then again, I thought Death removed that curse long ago? I could be wrong, I spose.

Anyways; it'll be quite awesome if Thanos takes over/merges with/becomes a new Death. As in, the abstract entity. Imagine Annihilus' reaction if, after Galactus kills him, he is ushered over to Death's Realm to find a waiting Thanos. I agree, dont forget drax was created by Cronos who is pretty bad ass himself

Weyoun
Originally posted by norrinradd43
I agree, dont forget drax was created by Cronos who is pretty bad ass himself

Yes, but Gaiman established in Eternals, Eternals cannot die even if they have the body destroyed they are just reset and appear again.

Thanos will just come back.

Weyoun
For the medium i think Morisson is slightly superior, but Gaiman comes a close second. I wish he would write more bloody often. I'd love him to revamp the fourthwall (The New Gods, if u havent heard the name).

World,

I have heard the name and a friend of mines dad who is 38 has told me he has the Kirby comics, if I'm nice to him he might let me read them I hope.

I read Gaimans "American Gods" Novel last year it is brilliant.

Prof S.T.I.

Black Adam
never saw what the big deal was with Morrison.

Gaiman on the other hand Kicks ass. yes

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Black Adam
never saw what the big deal was with Morrison.

Gaiman on the other hand Kicks ass. yes

Mate you should read some of Morison's more obscure stuff like the Invisible, Doom Patrol and Seven Soldiers. His New X-men and J.L.A. runs are some of the best comics i have ever read.

Lord S
Annihilation is a bit overrated - nowhere as good as Civil War - but it's still a good read. What the f**k?

Well I for one will strongly disagree with you on that one. I see next to nothing exciting about Civil War. Whiny heroes bickering with one another over their roles in society doesn't exactly equal enthralling reading...at least not for me. Quite frankly, it's boring. Yeah I know it's selling like hot cakes, but that doesn't necessarily make it the best story out there...definitely not better than Annihilation.

But hey, to each his own.

DigiMark007
Spoiler tags?

Also, this is better suited for the comic book questions thread and/or the Annihilation thread.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.