The original Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Did you know that Lucas originally wanted Charleston Heston to play Kenobi?He turned down the offer though making lucas pick Guiness.Ether way both great actors.

UnknownBountyHunter
I heard of that on numerous Star Wars sites, I never personally believed it but I guess its true now!!

Dim
All I have to say is I'm glad it turned out the way it did...if Heston had been OB1 and Tom Selleck has played Indiana Jones...no...I don't even what to think about it.

Xizor
True, it worked out for some movie magic. Heston is also 9 years younger than the late Alec Guiness, UBH, have you watched the Indiana Jones trilogy?

Darth Daft
I heard that Robert Redford and Tom Selleck were both considered for the role as Han Solo.

JediOasis
I thought that role of Obi-Wan was to originally to be played by a Chineese actor and Han Solo was going to be Christopher Walkin(yikes!)

Gundark
Christopher Walken as Han Solo ? Yeesh, no way man. sick

Don't get me wrong, Walken is a great actor, but not for that part. IMHO OC. smile

Zareil
Surely the point though is the film extends beyond the actors who played the characters. Whilst certainly it is always debateable as to the quality of the actors, particularly in Episode one and it is easy to say that they chose the right actors, surely this is simply down to the actors we hav becomes accustomed to and grown to believe i right. If we had been brought up with an absolutely different cast and still thought it was a great saga then would it matter?

Ushgarak
Oohhh...you really don't understand how film freaks work, do you? Logic has no power here.

Zareil
Oops sorry really should have thought of that first. Alright then, they're brilliant and may never be surpassed , until things change that is, hahaha

Ushgarak
Hohoho

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.