Characterization vs 'Badass' Moments.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prof S.T.I.
The two of the most popular events of the year have been Annihilation and Justice, both of which contain numerous awe inspiring moments. Now if anyone reads Joe Q's interviews on Newsrama, you'll see that he believes Marvels success is down to their superior characterization based on flawed personalities. So what do you prefer the more intricate character development of Brian Bendis, Brian K Vaughn and Joss Wheldon, or stories involving badass moments, traditionally seen in stories created by the likes of Geoff Johns , Grant Morison and Mark Millar.

Beta Ray Howard
To be honest, Bendis isn't very good with characterization unless it's Luke Cage or Jessica Jones. erm

I'd also throw Morrison out the window. I hated his run on X-Men, and turning Magneto into a Nazi. Thank God they retconned it.

Anywho, writers with a balance of the two are honestly the best, with guys like Micheal Avon Oeming.

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
To be honest, Bendis isn't very good with characterization unless it's Luke Cage or Jessica Jones. erm

I'd also throw Morrison out the window. I hated his run on X-Men, and turning Magneto into a Nazi. Thank God they retconned it.

Anywho, writers with a balance of the two are honestly the best, with guys like Micheal Avon Oeming.

Micheal Avon Oeming Ares was brilliant, as was Blood Oath. I really wish he was writing the fourthcoming Thor serries. sad

I though Morissons respective X-men and JLA runs where brilliant. I like the more sinister / Nazi version of Magneto, i believe it really gave him a cutting edge.

inamilist
Steve Gerber

you have been informed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.