Batdude's Official Tourney Confirmation Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
This thread will confirm the characters we have in the tourney. If any changes are made in a character roster, this is the place to do it.

Scoobless
I confirm that you suck.

stick out tongue

batdude123
Possibly.... but in any case, this is the thread to switch your character line up if you should so desire.

Scoobless
How long will this be up?

batdude123
Probably for a few days to a week.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Probably for a few days to a week.

I think they'd like a more definite answer so that they can switch at the VERY end of the confirmation period.

batdude123
I'll have on later one. I have to contemplate my options here.

DarkCrawler
As it stands now, me and BW are going to have:

1st round character - Black Alice (Blair Wind's character)
2nd round character - All-Star Superman (DarkCrawler's character)
3rd round character - The Keeper (Team character)

It MIGHT change, but it probably won't happen.

Blair Wind
ok....we wanna change

no one smile

batdude123
Cool, that's 1 team...

King Kandy
I'm keeping my roster at Fallen One, He-Man and Graviton.

batdude123
2 teams

Devil Lance
Lucid and I will stay with our team of

Quasar-Me
Mangog- Team
X-Man- Lucid

Beta Ray Howard
To be honest, a lot of these teams have some excellent picks. Some of them were kinda out of left field (Black Alice, X-Man)

Blair Wind
Originally posted by King Kandy
I'm keeping my roster at Fallen One, He-Man and Graviton.

For who, who, and who?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
For who, who, and who?
Graviton (My Character)
He-Man (Trolly's character)
Fallen One (Team Character)

batdude123
3 teams

Blair Wind
bump so others can see it smile

Devil Lance
bump
anyone else?

Scoobless
Patience young padawan ..... shifty

Blair Wind
patience is for losers.....just pick a person so I can get them banned already stick out tongue

Beta Ray Howard
patience is for losers.....just pick a person so I can get them banned already stick out tongue

Devilgoblin.

Get im!

Blair Wind
Anyways....if matches start on sunday (I am assuming this) this should end what thursday? (to give people time to prepare for the teams they are going against)

Scoobless
Digi is still looking into a couple of the characters we're considering.

It'd help if we knew how long this was going to be up for.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Digi is still looking into a couple of the characters we're considering.

It'd help if we knew how long this was going to be up for.

DigiMark007
Updated shizzle...

BW / DC -
Blair: Black Alice
DC: All-Star Superman
Both: The Keeper

Lucid Lui / DevilLance -
DL - Quasar
LL - X-Man
Both - Mangog

trolly / King Kandy -
Both: Fallen One
Trolly: He-Man
Kandy: Graviton

Roldz/Nino -
Nino: Superman Blue
Roldz: Union
Both: Spartan w/ Void

Souja/ MartianMind -
Dr Light
Juggernaut
Beta Ray Bill

Digi / Scoob (choices pending):
Digi: Adam Warlock
Scoob: Majestic
Both: Thor

PR/Rewmac-
PR: Vulcan (Sway & Petra, no Darwin)
Both: Superman
Rew: Hal Jordan

Bran / Darthgoober -
Earth X Absorbing Man
Despero
Surfer

Blair Wind
Keeper:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Surfer#Guardians_of_the_Galaxy

and what was it about Union and constructs?

also which Void is this? Void/Sentry, Void wildstorm, or Spartan with Void?

DigiMark007
Keeper:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Surfer#Guardians_of_the_Galaxy

and what was it about Union and constructs?

also which Void is this? Void/Sentry, Void wildstorm, or Spartan with Void?

Spartan. And thanks....I edited it in.

As for Union, not sure....I complained briefly, but didn't put as much effort into it as I usually do with protests.

DigiMark007
I'm assuming this will be open for switches until at least the end of tomorrow (Tuesday). Scoob and I are discussing some last-minute stuff.

But rest assured I don't plan on stirring up controversy. We might make a switch (we're not sure yet), but our choice is completely under the limits, and consistent with other drafts that have been allowed.

Blair Wind
banned

stick out tongue

Roldz
Superman Red/Blue Nino's
Union Roldz
Spartan w/ Void Team

Question; Is there a purpose of why where writing to whose char. pick the char. belongs to? Is it cause where only able to debate the char. of my pick/ team pick of the team?

Ohh by the way Union cant make any construct, but can absorb and make it his own.. There goes the secret..

Blair Wind
I have a scan showing him making his staff turn into a gun in which he killed himself with no expression

and yes. I will not be able to debate for Superman but I can debate for both Black Alice (my character) and Keeper (my team character). Just like DC will debate for Superman and Keeper.

Roldz
You meant when he commited suicide, well I quess he can reconfigure his staff to any form he chooses it has limit and it completely far diff. than say a Gl ring or an independent construct...

So do we have to make a write up to each of our char. pick/team pick? Or do we make just 1 big write up?

DigiMark007
Each combatant has a limit of 10 posts. In those posts, you can argue for your 2 characters, and likewise for your partner.

Any arguments made for the character you're not allowed to debate for will either be ignored and/or edited by myself after an approval from BD.

...I also edited in the Spartan bio.

Blair Wind
Are we still getting the one team writeup in the beginning of the matches PM'd to Batdude?

DigiMark007
Are we still getting the one team writeup in the beginning of the matches PM'd to Batdude?

Yeah, I think so. But it can only include "prep time" as far as I know....not actual battle stuff.

Blair Wind
......I would vote for prep and a battle write up at the same time yes

DigiMark007
......I would vote for prep and a battle write up at the same time yes

I'd actually just vote for prep. A lot of our prep stuff is to establish what we're doing, and working with all 3 characters is very important.

But the battle stuff we can handle on our own with our characters. Hell, we have 10 posts each....that should be more than enough. It also makes a clear distinction between prep and battle, and makes it easier for viewers to read.

illadelph12
Are all the judges assigned for the tourney? If not, I'd like to be an alternate.

Scoobless
Tourney battles should always start with an initial fight plan PMd to the host for posting.... that way you get to see both teams ideas of the battle before they are influenced by the other teams tactics.

Blair Wind
*sigh*

Tourney battles should always start with an initial fight plan PMd to the host for posting.... that way you get to see both teams ideas of the battle before they are influenced by the other teams tactics.

Digi got told......

by his teammate? confused

laughing out loud

evil face

Blair Wind
Originally posted by illadelph12
Are all the judges assigned for the tourney? If not, I'd like to be an alternate.

so his request can be seen smile

DigiMark007
Draft Announcement: Scoobless and I are making a switch.

We are switching out Mr. Majestic and replacing him with Space Phantom !

He will remain Scoob's character.

Now. A few things before Blair gets his panties in a bunch...

1. Space Phantom's power is to "become" other characters, with their body and powers.
2. As per tourney limits, we cannot "become" anyone at or beyond Thanos.
3. We are also limited to 2 body-switches per battle, much as BA was limited.
4. Space Phantom, by the very nature of his powers, cannot become anyone whose power is magical. He's limited to non-magic beings.
5. SP must also know of the person's existence to become them. No other connection is necessary, but he won't be pulling people from, say, the DC universe.
6. He also doesn't gain their memories, experiences, skills, etc. of the person he's becoming. Just the person's body and inherent powers.
7. We also cannot become anyone we are directly facing in a tourney battle.

I hope that calms some fears about him being a cheap pick. It's not any different than other picks that have been allowed.

I have the initial 'ok' from BD, but I would also assume that Mr. Majestic will remain ours until the pick is verified.

Blair Wind
......how is that a physical secondary draft character? The only explaintion that I could see working is if he ONLY changed into physical type characters. No other matter manipulation powers or some such right?

edit: my other stuff was answered

darthgoober
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Draft Announcement: Scoobless and I are making a switch.

We are switching out Mr. Majestic and replacing him with Space Phantom !

He will remain Scoob's character.

Now. A few things before Blair gets his panties in a bunch...

1. Space Phantom's power is to "become" other characters, with their body and powers.
2. As per tourney limits, we cannot "become" anyone at or beyond Thanos.
3. We are also limited to 2 body-switches per battle, much as BA was limited.
4. Space Phantom, by the very nature of his powers, cannot become anyone whose power is magical. He's limited to non-magic beings.
5. SP must also know of the person's existence to become them. No other connection is necessary, but he won't be pulling people from, say, the DC universe.
6. He also doesn't gain their memories, experiences, skills, etc. of the person he's becoming. Just the person's body and inherent powers.
7. We also cannot become anyone we are directly facing in a tourney battle.

I hope that calms some fears about him being a cheap pick. It's not any different than other picks that have been allowed.

I have the initial 'ok' from BD, but I would also assume that Mr. Majestic will remain ours until the pick is verified.
Actually, I think Blair/DC where restricted from stealing the other teams powers because BA could take out 2/3 of the opposition right from the get go. So you might actually be able to copy from the other team since they retain thier powers.

Also, is the limit that the individuals powers that are stolen from are below Thanos, or the combined sum of the powers are below Thanos?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
Actually, I think Blair/DC where restricted from stealing the other teams powers because BA could take out 2/3 of the opposition right from the get go. So you might actually be able to copy from the other team since they retain thier powers.

Also, is the limit that the individuals powers that are stolen from are below Thanos, or the combined sum of the powers are below Thanos?

No, if he becomes someone else he loses the first person's powers. We won't be adding two people together.

...and as I understood it from BD, we could become anyone we weren't directly facing in the battle. But the person SP becomes gets sent to a dimensional prison, so that would prevent us from becoming someone on the other team.

Devil Lance
......how is that a physical character? The only explaintion that I could see working is if he ONLY changed into physical type characters. No other matter manipulation powers or some such right?

yeah thats what I was thinking hes not really a brick if he can become anyone including other people with their main powers being non physical ones.

I see him more as a third round pick

so as a substitution for your brick character I say

thumb down

darthgoober
No, if he becomes someone else he loses the first person's powers. We won't be adding two people together.

...and as I understood it from BD, we could become anyone we weren't directly facing in the battle.
Well what about Blair/DC? Is it the individual powers, or the total?

Blair Wind
So you might actually be able to copy from the other team since they retain thier powers.

they go to limbo dont they?

Scoobless

He takes their power/appearance and shunts the copied character to limbo ... so we wouldn't be allowed to copy who we're fighting.

He can only copy one character at a time.

Blair Wind
Well what about Blair/DC? Is it the individual powers, or the total?

None of the combinations we CAN make (since spectre, Zatanna, and Fate are over the limit) are over thanos erm

All the people we know she has been around, and all the people she has taken powers from, no two in combination could take on thanos

DigiMark007
We also switch Adam Warlock for The Doctor. And Thor for Hulk Killer Humanoid.

shifty

Blair Wind
......how is that a physical secondary draft character? The only explaintion that I could see working is if he ONLY changed into physical type characters. No other matter manipulation powers or some such right?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Devil Lance
yeah thats what I was thinking hes not really a brick if he can become anyone including other people with their main powers being non physical ones.

I see him more as a third round pick

so as a substitution for your brick character I say

thumb down

darthgoober
None of the combinations we CAN make (since spectre, Zatanna, and Fate are over the limit) are over thanos erm

All the people we know she has been around, and all the people she has taken powers from, no two in combination could take on thanos
Oh ok. I was just asking(I'm not that familiar with her).

Soljer
We also switch Adam Warlock for The Doctor. And Thor for Hulk Killer Humanoid.

shifty

I'm unsure of whether this is serious or not...

laughing

That's kinda sad for me.

batdude123
Originally posted by illadelph12

There's always room for more judges. smile

DigiMark007

Is it any different if you use BA to take a magical brick (Cpt. Marvel, for example...a "brick" in every sense of the word, but magically powered)?? Or a magical GL (Alan pops to mind)? Those obviously fit into different categories than Round 1.

SP's inherent power prevents him from becoming magical characters. Otherwise, I don't really see the problem.

Blair Wind
Is it any different if you use BA to take a magical brick (Cpt. Marvel, for example...a "brick" in every sense of the word, but magically powered)?? Or a magical GL (Alan pops to mind)? Those obviously fit into different categories than Round 1.

SP's inherent power prevents him from becoming magical characters. Otherwise, I don't really see the problem.

its all magic eek!

It is different, because while we have a foundation to base on HOW we got those powers (magic being a first round draft, and Black Alice being a magical character) you have no basis on the BRICK/physical draft erm

Lucid Lui

SP's inherent power prevents him from becoming magical characters. Otherwise, I don't really see the problem. But Black Alice in her base state fits into a round 1 pick, Space Phantom in his base state does not fit into a round 2 pick.

Scoobless
its all magic eek!

It is different, because while we have a foundation to base on HOW we got those powers (magic being a first round draft, and Black Alice being a magical character) you have no basis on the BRICK/physical draft erm

No chance, Marvel and Black Adam were never going to be first round characters.

How they got their power is irrelevant, they're bricks.

Just like Alan Scott and Thor were third round only drafts even though their powers have a magical basis.

DigiMark007
...it's just semantics though. Thor's "base stats" make him a brick, but he's obviously a round 3 pick because of what he'll be used for in the fight. It's the opposite idea with someone like a GL, whose base stats aren't any different than SP. SP won't see any time in his regular body except for the beginning of our prep period, so it's what he being used for that should count.

{edit} Scoob said pretty much the same thing.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
But Black Alice in her base state fits into a round 1 pick, Space Phantom in his base state does not fit into a round 2 pick.

LL said it well smile

batdude123

I concur with your evaluation, Scoobs.

I don't think it's fair for one team to post a strategy, and then have the other team able to prepare accordinbly having already saw the prep post.

Devil Lance

oh bs roll eyes (sarcastic)

BA own power is Magical , the people she steals from powers are magic based, and almost all their attacks are some form of Magic.

Also just because Alan scott has powers akinn to a GL doesn't mena he can't fall under the Magic category since his powers are magical in nature.

While your character can get the powers of characters who are not bricks. Thus not making him a round 2 pick.

BA gets power from people who are magical

Huge difference

again

your subsitution gets a huge thumb down from me

Scoobless
BA own power is Magical , the people she steals from powers are magic based, and almost all their attacks are some form of Magic.

While your character can get the powers of characters who are not bricks. Thus not making him a round 2 pick.

The argument is being made that SP could take powers from someone who starts in a different category than him. Black Alice taking Juggernaut powers would be exactly the same thing, draft 1 wasn't magic based characters it was energy/magic using characters who wouldn't fit into other categories.

Also just because Alan scott has powers akinn to a GL doesn't mena he can't fall under the Magic category since his powers are magical in nature.

Alan Scott was banned from round one... we asked about him as he would have been our first choice.

Devil Lance
The argument is being made that SP could take powers from someone who starts in a different category than him. Black Alice taking Juggernaut powers would be exactly the same thing, draft 1 wasn't magic based characters it was energy/magic characters who wouldn't fit into other categories.

Alan Scott was banned from round one... we asked about him as he would have been our first choice.

but that doesn't make him a brick

I'm fine with SP if he can only get the abilities of bricks if he gets anyone else he's a round 3 pick.

as a round 2 pick H*ll no

Lucid Lui
Just explain to me how Space Phantom in his base state fits into the category you're trying to put him in, cause i really don't see it...

DigiMark007

Huge difference

again

I realize you're backing up your opinion, but it's not straight-up BS. Byt this estimation, you're saying it's ok to use Alan (a round 3 pick) for round 1 purposes (with BA). All we're asking is the same leverage.

We're arguing for this round based on what he'll be used for, because SP's base stats don't fit him completely into any round.

batdude123

Huge difference

again

I specifically wanted X-Man as a round 1 character, but I decided at this point in the game I'd give you guys a break. wink

I'd say I've been pretty lenient as far as characters go. I've allowed Mangog, EX AM, BA, and Keeper.... all against my better judgement.

I say cut Digi and Scoobs a break. smile

Scoobless
but that doesn't make him a brick

I'm fine with SP if he can only get the abilities of bricks if he gets anyone else he's a round 3 pick.

as a round 2 pick H*ll no

Then why aren't you saying the same thing about Black Alice?

With characters like Black Adam, Alan Scott, etc that she can steal from she could clearly be taking power from outside her draft round.

Space Phantom himself only has physical abilities until he switches bodies.

It's exactly the same thing.

Devil Lance
I realize you're backing up your opinion, but it's not straight-up BS. Byt this estimation, you're saying it's ok to use Alan (a round 3 pick) for round 1 purposes (with BA). All we're asking is the same leverage.

We're arguing for this round based on what he'll be used for, because SP's base stats don't fit him completely into any round.

I see Alan as a magic character

GL's powers are science based Alans Starheart powers is magic

I beleive he could fall under round 1 I see no real difference to him compared to someone like Quasar.

Alan has not showed as much versatality as a GL

He can't stop time to muy knowledge he hasn't been shown to be able to teleport I haven't seen him amp up his strength. He hasn't been shown to my knowledge to be able to manipulate energy and matter to the extent the top GL.

Is Alan alittle more powerful then GL's like Guy or John but hes no where near as versatile as them. wink

Lucid Lui
I specifically wanted X-Man as a round 1 character, but I decided at this point in the game I'd give you guys a break. wink But at least X-Man is at least something like a 3rd round pick. SP is nothing like a brick at all. It just seems like these guys are clearly getting 2 3rd round characters.

Devil Lance
Then why aren't you saying the same thing about Black Alice?

With characters like Black Adam, Alan Scott, etc that she can steal from she could clearly be taking power from outside her draft round.

Space Phantom himself only has physical abilities until he switches bodies.

It's exactly the same thing.
tell me this other than Mind stealing does space pahntom have any other "physical powers" like enhanced strength or durability because body cpoying is not a physical power

darthgoober
I specifically wanted X-Man as a round 1 character, but I decided at this point in the game I'd give you guys a break. wink

I'd say I've been pretty lenient as far as characters go. I've allowed Mangog, EX AM, BA, and Keeper.... all against my better judgement.

I say cut Digi and Scoobs a break. smile
I agree. It shouldn't matter WHAT is copied by the character in question, just HOW it's copied. BA steals powers by magic and is thus a first round pick, even though characters like Black Adam and Sentinel fall into other categories. So by the same token, since SP copies things physically he should fall into category 2. I might see changing him to a category 1 as a matter manipulator, but no way a category 3 with the precedent that's been set.

Devil Lance
I agree. It shouldn't matter WHAT is copied by the character in question, just HOW it's copied. BA steals powers by magic and is thus a first round pick, even though characters like Black Adam and Sentinel fall into other categories. So by the same token, since SP copies things physically he should fall into category 2. I might see changing him to a category 1 as a matter manipulator, but no way a category 3 with the precedent that's been set.

mo it should matter whats copied

I'm all for banning Black Alice from using people like WW and, Ba's power.

she still has many more options

and Sentinel is a round one character he is no where near as versatile as a GL.

again SP gets a big thumb down from me

Blair Wind

Like who would you be copying? Name a few bricks (since that is what you would be using him for as you said) that we know of that can be used in this tourny that you could possibly use. You guys know of some from us, do us the same favor smile

Lucid Lui
I'd say I've been pretty lenient as far as characters go. I've allowed Mangog, EX AM, BA, and Keeper.... all against my better judgement. This is true i guess, and i can accept that they keep Space Phantom because i'm looking forward to what they'll do with him, and at this point i just want the tourney to start. I just find it ridiculous that he's been passed off as a brick.

darthgoober
mo it should matter whats copied

I'm all for banning Black Alice from using people like WW and, Ba's power.

she still has many more options

and Sentinel is a round one character he is no where near as versatile as a GL.

again SP gets a big thumb down from me
Well see that would be different. If BA WAS restricted to stealing from people that would fall under category 1 then yeah, SP should be restricted to copying from bricks. But I've been under the assumption that she'd be able to steal from anyone she has in the past that was under Thanos.

Blair Wind
Whatever. Let him in. I just want to get this tourny started.

Batdude any idea as to when this thread will end and you will have the full list of matches set? smile

Devil Lance
Well see that would be different. If BA WAS restricted to stealing from people that would fall under category 1 then yeah, SP should be restricted to copying from bricks. But I've been under the assumption that she'd be able to steal from anyone she has in the past that was under Thanos.

anyone she has stolen from and any of the shadow pact
and the only people worthwhile from that team are Enchantress and Nightshade.

I think to make this fair we should ban BA from becomeing Bricks like Adam or WW.

and Only allow PS to become bricks

I think thats fair wink

darthgoober

I think to make this fair we should ban BA from becomeing Bricks like Adam or WW.

I think thats fair wink
You'll have to talk to batdude about it then, cause now I'm a little unsure of what the rules are exactly.

Blair Wind

I think thats fair wink

uh....nah.

From the start we have already had the conversation as to what powers she could and could not have. Me and DC have been planning with the knowledge that people had accepted her powers and who she could copy. Your gonna pull the rug on us now after all the planning we have done? One of my many strategies for at least two teams is with a magical "brick" which batdude knows about and has approved. It would be unfair for us to have to redo our strategies NOW at this point in the game.

Let them have their character. I already have a plan against him erm

Devil Lance
fine he isn't a brick but whatever hes not going to help their team anyway

Scoobless
Like who would you be copying? Name a few bricks that we know of that can be used in this tourny that you could possibly use. You guys know of some from us, do us the same favor smile

Wolverine, Squirrel Girl, Cap, Batman .... you guys are so screwed.

evil face

King KAM
why didnt anyone pick up Genis or Supreme?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King KAM
why didnt anyone pick up Genis or Supreme?

Genis would've likely been banned....no definite power level, and possibly beyond the limits. Supreme...meh. Probably a good choice, but is he really better than most of the other Superman archetypes we have in round 2?

DigiMark007
And Scoob and I need to consider all of this. General consensus seems to be thumb up to SP, with a few limits. We need to look over everything that's been said, maybe get some final rulings from BD (not just "yes or no", but specific limits for SP) and we'll decide for sure.

...and as we're not sure if he's completely allowed at this point under the stipulations we expect to have, I'll have to assume that Majestic is still in limbo, so that someone doesn't take him, SP gets banned or severely limited, and we're screwed over and left with no one.

batdude123
Whatever. Let him in. I just want to get this tourny started.

Batdude any idea as to when this thread will end and you will have the full list of matches set? smile

Whenever people finish confirming their teams. I'd like to get started as soon as possible.

Blair Wind
Ok. My team is set, digi changed (and Im going by the rules he stated he would have. Two picks per round, no one in the tourny, blah blah blah, he still gets his ass kicked by my team).

Who is NOT set?

damn Ill go back and look.

Blair Wind
Set teams:
Me/DC
Trolly/KK
DL/LL
Roldz/Nino

Not Set:
Souja/MM
Digi/Scoobs
Darth/Bigbran
PR/Rewmac

DigiMark007
Ok. My team is set, digi changed (and Im going by the rules he stated he would have. Two picks per round, no one in the tourny, blah blah blah)
DL/LL are set I think, roldz is set I think.

Who is NOT set?

damn Ill go back and look.

No one in the tourney? Or in the battle? Because the 2nd of those was how it was explained to me.

Blair Wind
No one in the tourney? Or in the battle? Because the 2nd of those was how it was explained to me.

Then I guess that is it......

Blair Wind
Set teams:
Me/DC
Trolly/KK
DL/LL
Roldz/Nino

Not Set:
Souja/MM
Digi/Scoobs
Darth/Bigbran
PR/Rewmac

Four more teams to go smile

King KAM
Genis would've likely been banned....no definite power level, and possibly beyond the limits. Supreme...meh. Probably a good choice, but is he really better than most of the other Superman archetypes we have in round 2? not better....but less weaknesses then some.

And Genis couldve fit the scale under thanos.Barely...but he couldve fit.

DarkCrawler
I don't have anything against Digi's and Scoob's pick myself...

Weyoun
Supreme...meh. Probably a good choice, but is he really better than most of the other Superman archetypes we have in round 2?

Yes he is.

Beware with Supreme, in fact be very worried if you are facing him and your opponent knows anything about him.

King KAM
Originally posted by Weyoun
Yes he is.

Beware with Supreme, in fact be very worried if you are facing him and your opponent knows anything about him. Supreme is pretty effing gnarley at times....

Weyoun
Supreme is pretty effing gnarley at times....

His technology makes Mr. Majestics look pedestrian.

King KAM
His technology makes Mr. Majestics look pedestrian. I always thought that majestics Tech is what would make him better than Supes.

Majestros is a better fighter, Phsyically equal atleast, And has weapons that would gut superman like a trout

Weyoun
I always thought that majestics Tech is what would make him better than Supes.

Majestros is a better fighter, Phsyically equal atleast, And has weapons that would gut superman like a trout

Questionable, Kryptonian Warships used to conquer worlds.

King KAM
Questionable, Kryptonian Warships used to conquer worlds. I dont mean his khebrium(pretty sure i mispelled that) Tech.

I mean like his blades, and such, the ones that would pretty much slice through any Being like hot knife threw butter.

Blair Wind
Set teams:
Me/DC
Trolly/KK
DL/LL
Roldz/Nino

Not Set:
Souja/MM
Digi/Scoobs
Darth/Bigbran
PR/Rewmac

Four more teams to go.....still

pr1983
Me: Vulcan
Rewmac: Hal Jordan

DigiMark007
...bumping this to this page. I updated what was needed. We only have 3 more teams needing confirmation.

BW / DC -
Blair: Black Alice
DC: All-Star Superman
Both: The Keeper

Lucid Lui / DevilLance -
DL - Quasar
LL - X-Man
Both - Mangog

trolly / King Kandy -
Both: Fallen One
Trolly: He-Man
Kandy: Graviton

Roldz/Nino -
Nino: Superman Blue
Roldz: Union
Both: Surfer

Souja/ MartianMind -
MM: Dr Light
Souja: Juggernaut
Both: Beta Ray Bill

Digi / Scoob (choices pending):
Digi: Adam Warlock
Scoob: Space Phantom
Both: Thor

PR/Rewmac-
PR: Vulcan (Sway & Petra, no Darwin)
Rew: Hal Jordan

Bran / Darthgoober -
Earth X Absorbing Man
Despero
Alan Scott (Sentinel)

Blair Wind
Set teams:
Me/DC
Trolly/KK
DL/LL
Roldz/Nino
Pr/Rewmac

Not Set:
Souja/MM
Digi/Scoobs
Darth/Bigbran

Three teams left smile

DigiMark007
Scoob and I are confirming our team.

Based on discussion, it seems like SP's getting in, and without overly limiting restrictions. His natural power limitations (see my initial switch to him on page 2) should provide a healthy buffer anyway.

In any case, we'll be sticking with him.

Adam Warlock - Digi
Space Phantom - Scoobless
Thor (Classic) - Both

Blair Wind
Set teams:
Me/DC
Trolly/KK
DL/LL
Roldz/Nino
Pr/Rewmac
Digi/Scoobs

Not Set:
Souja/MM
Darth/Bigbran

Two teams left smile

darthgoober
I'm waiting to talk about a possible switch before we can confirm ours(sorry for the delay). As soon as we go over it, we'll confirm our team.

Scoobless
Talk to us about it.

smile

Blair Wind
laughing out loud

Do what Digi/Scoobs did. Put your other character in limbo until you finally pick

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

Do what Digi/Scoobs did. Put your other character in limbo until you finally pick

cool

Blair Wind
Set teams:
Me/DC
Trolly/KK
DL/LL
Roldz/Nino
Pr/Rewmac
Digi/Scoobs

Not Set:
Souja/MM
Darth/Bigbran

Two teams left smile

darthgoober
Alright we're making a change. We're swapping out Surfer for Sentinel(Alan Scott).
http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=sentinel

So now its..
Earth X Absorbing Man(bigbran)
Despero(me)
Sentinel(both)

DarkCrawler
Really? Wow.

darthgoober
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Really? Wow.
What?

Scoobless
What the f**k?

DarkCrawler
What?

Well, I just would have considered Surfer to be more versatile character. erm

darthgoober
Well, I just would have considered Surfer to be more versatile character. erm
Surfer might be more versatile, but from what I understand with the Starheart he was way more powerful than Surfer.

Blair Wind
From what you understand? Eh....powerful yes, but Surfer beats him in the things he can do. Sentinel is nothing but blasts, nothing really creative. But your pick your loss. erm

Better to beat you with evil face

DarkCrawler
I'm a huge Alan Scott fan, in fact I am going to make his Respect Thread soon too...he only has fraction of Starheart, not the whole one. The whole Starheart owned him in battle. All in all...he is maybe Hal/Kyle level in fields and stuff, but lacks the same versality normal GL's have because of different power source.

We were considering him first, but thought his durability/Strength and offensive power on the whole wasn't on level of other Herald levels. I'd defenitely keep Surfer with the huge amount of feats he has in that Respect page of his...

darthgoober
From what you understand? Eh....powerful yes, but Surfer beats him in the things he can do. Sentinel is nothing but blasts, nothing really creative. But your pick your loss. erm

Better to beat you with evil face
I'm sure that we can come up with plent of things to do using Sentinel and EX AM together. evil face

Blair Wind
I'm a huge Alan Scott fan, in fact I am going to make his Respect Thread soon too...he only has fraction of Starheart, not the whole one. The whole Starheart owned him in battle. All in all...he is maybe Hal/Kyle level in fields and stuff, but lacks the same versality normal GL's have because of different power source.

We were considering him first, but thought his durability/Strength and offensive power on the whole wasn't on level of other Herald levels. I'd defenitely keep Surfer with the huge amount of feats he has in that Respect page of his...

shhhh...dont tell him all that. no expression

roll eyes (sarcastic) Darth......with a character like AM versatility is always better. But ok...make your own grave big grin

DarkCrawler
Eh, I just don't want to see people make wrong choices. Sentinel should be more on the side of energy character though, I think...he isn't really physical type guy.

Besides, we want challenge, right? wink

darthgoober

Yes but you've pretty much rendered Surfer obsolete in a match with you and Blair. Bigbran and I want to WIN this thing if possible, not come in second.

DarkCrawler
Well, from what I have seen, Surfer > Sentinel. I guess you have some strategy to power-mesh him, then. smile

darthgoober
Well, from what I have seen, Surfer > Sentinel. I guess you have some strategy to power-mesh him, then. smile
Something like that.

Beta Ray Howard
Yes but you've pretty much rendered Surfer obsolete in a match with you and Blair. Bigbran and I want to WIN this thing if possible, not come in second.

Doesn't Surfer have at least the advantage of more exotic powers, such as tying one's life force to a world, etc?

Roldz
Hey, Darth if you guys have drop Surfer for your 3rd pick can we take im, i know we've confirmed our pick already but i dont think its still to late to change.. Just as thought..

darthgoober
Originally posted by Roldz
Hey, Darth if you guys have drop Surfer for your 3rd pick can we take im, i know we've confirmed our pick already but i dont think its still to late to change.. Just as thought..
Well actually I've just thought of something, so I'd like to leave Surfer in limbo until I hear from bigbran tonight. But if we stay firm in our decision to lose him, there's no problem in your taking him. I'll know for sure by either tonight or tomorrow.

Roldz
Your pulling the limbo trick to ay... laughing Kay, I get first dibs dough if you decide otherwise.. Spartan W/ Void i could use both there feats but i prefer to use somone of diff. company..

Blair Wind
I dont want to sound like a jerk, and Im not sure about everyone else, but I would really appreciate it everyone picked by today. So that teams matched up on sunday could have SOME time to prepare.

So if the two remaining teams (with Darth/Goobers picks currently in limbo) and Souja/MM could confirm by tonight I would really appreciate it.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Roldz
Spartan W/ Void i could use both there feats

laughing out loud I am laughing at my own private joke....thank god khell fought me last time. AND that I have an account on herochat. Hehehe

Roldz
Why did he used desame character in your last match w/ em?

Ohh if Darth drops Surfer, well pick em up and drop Spartan w/ void..

darthgoober
I dont want to sound like a jerk, and Im not sure about everyone else, but I would really appreciate it everyone picked by today. So that teams matched up on sunday could have SOME time to prepare.

So if the two remaining teams (with Darth/Goobers picks currently in limbo) and Souja/MM could confirm by tonight I would really appreciate it.
Truth be told, if possible I'd like to request that bigbran and I start with our first match NEXT Sunday. I actually have a lot of stuff going on with my kid during this up coming week, and it would be easier for me if my match didn't come until after. This would also allow for whoever foes up against bigbran and I a bit more time to prepare, since we're cutting the final selection so close. I'll understand if everything has already been decided though, I was just throwing that out there.

Blair Wind
So long as everyone gets confirmed I think requests for second or first weeks can be dealt with by Batdude erm

I myself start school next week again, but I have no issue with either week, and I dont think DC has any pressing needs for either week either. So we can go any week smile

DigiMark007

Meh, I might actually give pure power to Alan. But Surfer's definitely more versatile.

I have a few cool Alan feats (he actually already has a respect thread), and we were considering him too....but didn't have enough material on him justify the pick. We also tried to get him into round 1 based on his magic, but it was no dice from BD.

But I like the switch. It's obviously a calculated risk, what with getting rid of Surfer, but as long as they have a plan it should be interesting.

batdude123
Meh, I might actually give pure power to Alan. But Surfer's definitely more versatile.

I have a few cool Alan feats (he actually already has a respect thread), and we were considering him too....but didn't have enough material on him justify the pick. We also tried to get him into round 1 based on his magic, but it was no dice from BD.

But I like the switch. It's obviously a calculated risk, what with getting rid of Surfer, but as long as they have a plan it should be interesting.

IMO, it isn't a risk...

DigiMark007
IMO, it isn't a risk...

Meh, to each his own. So did Roldz pick up Surfer then for Spartan?

batdude123
Meh, to each his own. So did Roldz pick up Surfer then for Spartan?

BB/DG's decision isn't final yet...

darthgoober
Hopefully bigbran will be on in not very long so we can decide for certain. Sorry for keeping things up in the air but there's still one more thing we need to talk about.

Blair Wind
Its ok...at least you've kept us posted on whats going on. I would like to know whats up with the Souja/MM team....

DigiMark007
Yeah, it's fine guys...better right than sorry. But do Souja/MM know they have to "confirm" it officially?

Blair Wind
Ive sent them both pms. Souja responded saying thanks....and thats it. erm

Hey Digi....I say you should do a Dino Comic for whoever wins laughing out loud

and of course let them change the name in the off topic thread big grin

DigiMark007
Ive sent them both pms. Souja responded saying thanks....and thats it. erm

Hey Digi....I say you should do a Dino Comic for whoever wins laughing out loud

and of course let them change the name in the off topic thread big grin

I'll consider it. But yeah, I was planning on doing the off topic thread thing again.

smile

Scoobless
What should we name it Digi?

evil face

darthgoober

evil face
Darthgoober's house of pain. evil face

Blair Wind

evil face

Nice sig no expression

pr1983
laughing nice sig scoob... i have no problem about whatever date the tourney is on, its just that i started a new job, and i wont be online before 7pm GMT (2pm EST) at all... anytime later than that (but not too late) is good for me...

sentinel is a good pick imo, but dropping surfer... i have to say i didnt see that coming, if anything i thought surfer was one of the most desirable picks in round 3...

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

...oh god, that'll be a great match if it ever happens...we just keep upping the ante.

And yeah, in lieu of actual team sigs (we can't decide on a name) that will do nicely.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>