magneto vs spiderman, venom and carnage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keak da sneak
this happens on the golden gate bridge in san francisco

who wins and how

guy222
Originally posted by keak da sneak

who wins and how

magnets bugs confused

Beta Ray Howard
Magneto, and fairly easily.

batdude123

who wins and how

no expression

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

keak da sneak
ok then thats wat i though me n my friend were argueiing for about 2 hours about it last nite

Soljer
ok then thats wat i though me n my friend were argueiing for about 2 hours about it last nite

Well then, either you, or your friend, are quite ignorant.

Magneto stomps them. Easily.

keak da sneak
my friend is i was like magneto would whoop all them andjack there symboites after n become more powerful

guy222
Originally posted by Soljer
Well then, either you, or your friend, are quite ignorant.

Magneto stomps them. Easily.

i agree, mags wins

Kid Kurdy
No, I disagree.

First strike wins, easy as pie. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but both Spider-Man, Venom and Carnage are fast as hell. They CAN kill a man in half a second. No problem there.

Spider-Man can web up his eyes in half a second. He almost never misses.

Magneto has to watch out for three super fast opponents. Sorry, but he has been hit a lot of times by slower opponents.

But if Magneto attacks first, the trio is screwed. They are also as good as dead if Magneto erects a force field to protect him.

Soljer
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
No, I disagree.

First strike wins, easy as pie. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but both Spider-Man, Venom and Carnage are fast as hell. They CAN kill a man in half a second. No problem there.

Magneto has to watch out for three super fast opponents. Sorry, but he has been hit a lot of times by slower opponents.

But if Magneto attacks first, the trio is screwed. They are also as good as dead if Magneto erects a force field to protect him.

Magneto reacts fifteen times faster than a human.

He also needs only to erect a simple shield, and the likes of these three are NEVER breaking through it.

Magneto, 10/10.

Molecule man
magneto wins this easily, even a spiderman with the uni-power couldn't beat magneto

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Soljer
Magneto reacts fifteen times faster than a human.

Is that so ? If you say so, I didn't know that Magneto had super reflexes.

Molecule man
plus the fact that magneto have taken punches from colossus

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Molecule man
magneto wins this easily, even a spiderman with the uni-power couldn't beat magneto
It was a draw. Magneto couldn't beat Spider-Man either. Oh, and Spider-Man was just experimenting with his new powers.

Molecule man
It was a draw. Magneto couldn't beat Spider-Man either. Oh, and Spider-Man was just experimenting with his new powers.

and magneto have become immensely more powerful since then

King Kandy
Magneto pulls off every possible win.

Soljer
Is that so ? If you say so, I didn't know that Magneto had super reflexes.

Indeed. Well, I exaggerated a slight bit.

He has fourteen point five times the reflexes of a human.

leonidas

who wins and how

What the f**k?

Molecule man
vulcan, thor, SS and exodus would be better opponents for the master of magnetism

lorddreamer
I se where you're coming from Kurd. Doesnt he have a sheild on at all times though? Thats what makes me go with mag 9.5/10

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by lorddreamer
I se where you're coming from Kurd. Doesnt he have a sheild on at all times though? Thats what makes me go with mag 9.5/10 Not like it matters...Even without his shield he's still mighty durable.

jollyjim311
Magneto, even if there were 5 of each opponent. Once Magneto has his shields up, within a second, the team is a s good as dead. Without plot devices, Magneto realistically crushes them in seconds. He has taken the X-Men, who are more powerful than these three.
Even if you want to make the argument that they react first (even though Magneto has put up his shields inbetween the time it took for Cyclops beams to leave his eyes and to get to Magneto, when they were maybe 15 feet apart), a fatigued Magneto has taken a punch to the head from Colossus that would have torn a normal mans head off. He has also been surprised by Wolverine and been clawed, and was fine.

Magneto, anyday, everyday.

If your friend still doesn't believe you, link him up: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/417866-the-official-magneto-respect-thread

Jvenom
I love Venom but Magneto is just to powerful. The guy has taken on whole teams like the X-men and Avengers.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Molecule man
plus the fact that magneto have taken punches from colossus Not to mention he has taken multiple nukes to the face, without shields up.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Not like it matters...Even without his shield he's still mighty durable.
I doubt that he's that durable, but maybe. Havent read about him recently.

Question: Couldnt mag rip the symbiots right off their hosts? I mean, if theyre living things, they probly have iron and stuff in them right?

Darth Macabre
I doubt that he's that durable, but maybe. Havent read about him recently.

Question: Couldnt mag rip the symbiots right off their hosts? I mean, if theyre living things, they probly have iron and stuff in them right? Not that durable? What are they going to do? Punch him? What, with their 15-35 ton range, that ought to hurt him.... no

lorddreamer
Not that durable? What are they going to do? Punch him? What, with their 15-35 ton range, that ought to hurt him.... no

Well, thats more than enough to shatter his face... isn't it? yes. I believe so. 15 tons is a lot. But honostly, I'm not aware of any extra durability in Magnus. Please educate me

Darth Macabre
Well, thats more than enough to shatter his face... isn't it? yes. I believe so. 15 tons is a lot. But honostly, I'm not aware of any extra durability in Magnus. Please educate me

I don't have any scans on this comp so I just jacked them from the Respect thread; thanks Batdude.

Taking a punch in the face from Colossus (Who's way passed their 15-35 ton range)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/492/magcolagain3pg.jpg

And here he's getting bear-hugged by Hercules.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5774/sgrip3pj.jpg

lorddreamer
sh*t... Ok, thats nice to know. Wonder why hes so strong... maybe hes got a sort of iron mesh in his face? Maybe thats the forcefeild, though? Who cares, he wins every time.

batdude123
No, I disagree.

doh

Kid Kurdy
Taking a punch in the face from Colossus (Who's way passed their 15-35 ton range)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/492/magcolagain3pg.jpg

And here he's getting bear-hugged by Hercules.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5774/sgrip3pj.jpg
The first one is a durability feat (though it's a high end durability feat for Magneto), the second one isn't a durability feat, not even a strength feat.

batdude123
The first one is a durability feat (though it's a high end durability feat for Magneto), the second one isn't a durability feat, not even a strength feat.

Huh??? confused

He used strength to force himself out of the Hercules bearhug.

Swanky-Tuna
Question: Couldnt mag rip the symbiots right off their hosts? I mean, if theyre living things, they probly have iron and stuff in them right?
Maybe, but I doubt it. The iron comes from the red blood cells.

I would say yes, but I think the symbiotes go inside their hosts too, so I'm not sure if there'd be much left of the host of he tried. He could just burn them both alive though.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by batdude123
Huh??? confused

He used strength to force himself out of the Hercules bearhug.
He used his cape to free himself, not his physical strength (iron cape, you see ?).

Let's say Magneto is a bit more durable than a normal human being, he's still no Juggernaut. And he certainly ain't stronger than an average person.

ExodusCloak
He used his cape to free himself, not his physical strength (iron cape, you see ?).

Let's say Magneto is a bit more durable than a normal human being, he's still no Juggernaut. And he certainly ain't stronger than an average person.

Magneto learnt how to use his powers to increase his strength and durability when he was trapped in a plastic prison.(I think this is the same moment he realized he had control of the EM spectrum rather then just Magnetism)

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amazingadv197100915cy7.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amazingadv197100916qd3.jpg

There are more durabilty feats in the Magneto Respect Thread. Under Batdudes signature. I think there's one where he takes a hit from Namor to the face.

Kid Kurdy
He meditated for hours to do that. I'm sorry, but that isn't exactly a real strength feat.

Well, it is a kind of a strength feat, true, but not an impressive one, and probably the slowest of them all.

juggernaut66666
Why don't you check the feat where Mags goes toe to toe with Colossus?

ExodusCloak
He meditated for hours to do that. I'm sorry, but that isn't exactly a real strength feat.

Well, it is a kind of a strength feat, true, but not an impressive one, and probably the slowest of them all.

I wasn't referring to that. I was offering a comic explanation as to how he is able to take a shot to the face from a Class 100 character and get right up.

BTW You misinterpret the scan..it said

"For MONTHS I trained my body...and through the disciplines of ZEN and YOGA..I gained COMPLETE CONTROL"

"No WEAPON...save that energy within my own body. All the strength buried within my body was utilized and with one solidifying burst I became a human projectile".

It never took him hours to perform that feat. It took him months to realize that he controlled the Entire Electromagnetic Spectrum rather then just Magnetism. He used the energy stored in the cells of his body to make himself a human projectile. Which allowed him to break out of his prison.

Some durability and strength feats.
http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/3473/maggoesh2hwithcolossus9xs.jpg
Remember this is Ms. Marvel Rogue.
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2320/magsgetsphysical7sp.jpg
Gets up from Namors punch to the face.
http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmutants04010ay8.jpg

That alone tells us that Mags' strength and durability is way above that of an average Marvel Universe Human Being.

P.S. I'd like to thank Juggs for the awesome sig.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
"For MONTHS I trained my body...and through the disciplines of ZEN and YOGA..I gained COMPLETE CONTROL"

Months, that's even worse wink

Question, do you think that Carnage can kill Magneto ? I mean, a Magneto that is just standing there ?

ExodusCloak
Months, that's even worse wink

Question, do you think that Carnage can kill Magneto ? I mean, a Magneto that is just standing there ?

Again you're misinterpreting the scan...read it again. Months to realize he had complete control(EM spectrum) It did not say it took months to perform that feat. His Magnetic powers were inhibited in that prison. Therefore after months of Yoga and Zen he realized he controlled more then just Magnetism.
As soon as he gained complete control of the EM spectrum Mags used the Energy in his cells to boost his strength and durability and escape his prison.

If Magneto just stands and hasn't stored any energy in his cells yet then of course. If he let me I probably would be able to kill him with a chair. I'll have to go for the face though...cause his clothes are made of dense metal that act like armour.

juggernaut66666
Enough from the stupidity Magneto increases the gravity 100 time so the others won't be able to move and then finishes them off 1 by 1

Kid Kurdy
If he let me I probably would be able to kill him with a chair. I'll have to go for the face though...cause his clothes are made of dense metal that act like armour.
Well, that's all I wanted to say.

ExodusCloak
Well, that's all I wanted to say.

But does it make any difference? Or take away from the fact that in an actual fight he can use is powers to increase his durability and strength by storing energy in his cells?

Question? A little off topic though and is obviously not needed in this particular thread. I always wondered this. You know how the Human Torch and Iceman are always battle ready when they participate in a fight.(i.e. Iced up or Fired up). Well wouldn't battle ready mean Magneto always comes into a fight with EM Energy stored in his cells and with a shield up? Since that's how he's normally portrayed at the beginning of a fight.

Kid Kurdy
But does it make any difference? Or take away from the fact that in an actual fight he can use is powers to increase his durability and strength by storing energy in his cells?

Question? A little off topic though and is obviously not needed in this thread. I always wondered this. You know how the Human Torch and Iceman are always battle ready when they participate in a fight.(i.e. Iced up or Fired up). Well wouldn't battle ready mean Magneto always comes into a fight with EM Energy stored in his cells and with a shield up? Since that's how he's normally appears in at the beginning of a fight.
Hmm... HT and Iceman (classic Iceman that is) are a bit of one trick pony's : nobody takes Johnny Storm or Bobby Drake serious without their powers. So everybody assumes they will be in their fire or ice form when fighting. They don't have a choice, it's their only power.

Magneto on the other hand has a wide range of different powers. We don't know what he has up his sleeve.

- Ask ten writers to write a fight between Johnny and Bobby, and they'll all start with their ice or fire forms.

- Ask ten writers to write a fight that has Magneto in it, and everybody will do something different : Magneto creates a vulcano, he erects a force field, he starts controlling the iron in the blood, he throws iron objects at his enemies, he creates a black hole...

Doesn't matter though. I still stand by what I said : Magneto wins of course, but when his shields aren't up, the trio has a slight chance to speed blitz him. Or web his face up (a truck load of webbing can do wonders against the most powerful enemy). They only need a second to do that.

ExodusCloak
Hmm... HT and Iceman (classic Iceman that is) are a bit of one trick pony's : nobody takes Johnny Storm or Bobby Drake serious without their powers. So everybody assumes they will be in their fire or ice form when fighting. They don't have a choice, it's their only power.

Magneto on the other hand has a wide range of different powers. We don't know what he has up his sleeve.

- Ask ten writers to write a fight between Johnny and Bobby, and they'll all start with their ice or fire forms.

- Ask ten writers to write a fight that has Magneto in it, and everybody will do something different : Magneto creates a vulcano, he erects a force field, he starts controlling the iron in the blood, he throws iron objects at his enemies, he creates a black hole...

Doesn't matter though. I still stand by what I said : Magneto wins of course, but when his shields aren't up, the trio has a slight chance to speed blitz him. Or web his face up (a truck load of webbing can do wonders against the most powerful enemy). They only need a second to do that.

I suppose....as for that last bit...I'm not sure if they could actually speedblitz him before he could BFR or...kill them. His reflexes are accelerated at 1450% that of a human being.(See the last page of the Magneto Respect Thread under Batdudes sig). Which has allowed him to snatch a speeding Northstar out of the air with his bare hands.(Not sure if we still consider that PIS since it's now been established that he has super thought processing/reflexes).

I'll dig through the respect thread for you:

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenunlimted0023839mw8.jpg

Courtesy of King Mungi:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-04.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-05.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/X-Men113-11.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
It says he thinks 14 times faster than a normal human. It doesn't say anything about speed or reflexes. I figure it allows him to delegate his time and actions waaay more effectively.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It says he thinks 14 times faster than a normal human. It doesn't say anything about speed or reflexes. I figure it allows him to delegate his time and actions waaay more effectively.

Maybe but it does say "Electrolyte throughout nervous system enhanced by high blood count(1450% above normal) in subjects blood supply." Wouldn't super conduction in the nervous system and accelerated synaptic sparking also mean enhanced reflexes?

ExodusCloak
I just want to correct something in my previous post. Change 1450% to 450%.
I think it says the electrolyte is enhanced so that it's 450% above normal.(There's something that looks like a one next to it but it looks faded).
His neural synaptic sparking though is 1450% above normal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.