Worst Album(s) of 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Core
Unquestionably, in my opinion, DJ Shadow's "The Outsider". Every single one of his albums are "concept albums" to me, however, this one is a "concept album" in that he did something mainstream for a change. The result is a generic, uninspired hodge-podge of nameless guests and even more vanilla production.

Yuck.

Solo
The Outsider was a big disappointment, as well as Cat Power's The Greatest. The worst album of the year, for me, is Jay-Z's Kingdom Come. I thought that was a huge let down.

Blue_Hefner
jim jones

manorastroman
yeah, jay-z really dropped the ball. i swear he reaffirms that he is in fact still jay-z every damn song.

Impediment
I was very disappointed with Rob Zombie's "Educated Horses".

In Fate's Hands
K-Fed's playing with fire

Slay
I'm sure there were worse albums in 2006, but for me, Black Holes And Revelations by Muse was really disappointing.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by In Fate's Hands
K-Fed's playing with fire

The Core
Not saying that you did or did not, but don't submit albums you never even listened to, just to make light of someone. I'm sure Federline's album is bad, as I actually did sample it, and the lyrics, but DJ Shadow's was still just awful. I never expected anything from "K-Fed", so it's no surprise.

Dr. Strangelove
Yeah and the likes of K-Fed and Fergie don't count as musicians so theirs shouldn't matter. Shadow, meanwhile, made one of the greatest hip hop albums ever in Entroducing. To go from that to Outsider has to be one of the biggest downward spirals I've seen in awhile.

StinkFist462
Incubus - Light Grenades

more of a disappoint.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Yeah and the likes of K-Fed and Fergie don't count as musicians so theirs shouldn't matter. Shadow, meanwhile, made one of the greatest hip hop albums ever in Entroducing. To go from that to Outsider has to be one of the biggest downward spirals I've seen in awhile.

Ok, I agree, good point. That in mind, I'll have to bash Lady Sovereign's album. I listened to it (and Kfed's, for the record) and its... just boring... Thought she had nice potential, but Jay-z dropped the ball.

GrillingNemo
Both K-fed and Fergie's album i thought to be were horrible.. plus jay-z's so i definitely agree with all of you guys

Funkadelic
PCD - Pussycat Dolls

My sister loves that shit.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by GrillingNemo
Both K-fed and Fergie's album i thought to be were horrible.. plus jay-z's so i definitely agree with all of you guys
are looking for ga
Jays album only sucked if you violent gangsta rap or superstunt rap or any of that radio sh*t. I mean, under all valid categories, its pretty hot: good beats, for the most part, good lyrics, nice flow, cool subject matter... I dont understand why being origional is a sin these days... its ridiculous!
Who actually sat through Fergie's album??

Funkadelic
I was forced 2 by my sister, can't get away from it in a car.

lorddreamer
lol. Try plugging your ears and saying 'lalalalala i cant hear you!!'

Dusty
Kasabian's CD, "Empire".

Only 2 songs really worth listening to.

Bardock42
So we are basically talking about decent CDs that weren't as good as we wanted them?

StinkFist462
oh and Tenacious D: Tenacious D In The Pick Of Destiny

Dusty
Originally posted by StinkFist462
oh and Tenacious D: Tenacious D In The Pick Of Destiny

WHAT!?

Slay
Originally posted by Bardock42
So we are basically talking about decent CDs that weren't as good as we wanted them?
Well, unless you have actually heard K-Fed's album, yes.

lorddreamer

Just about all garbage CDs. Unless you dont hope for a constant stream of super hot music.

Alpha Centauri
I would say Light Grenades by Incubus, but I've not given it enough time.

There have been a few albums I felt let down by, but worst I'm not sure. I don't think I've bought an album I was truly unsatisfied with.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo

I say we lobby the UN for a change of thread title.

tabby999
the new He Is Legend cd was pretty scattered, technically proficient but all over the shop. Dosn't make them a write off but i'm hoping for some focus on the next one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.