Smarts or PIS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Hey this got me thinking. You know how some people say that Cap is PIS riddled, I was just thinking to myself its not PIS but its his intelligence. On Caps bio its stated that he has extremely high intelligence and lots of other sources state that he is an expert at strategy.

Lets take the Cap vs Absorbing Man fight. If somebody as smart as Cap is fighting somebody with Absorbing Mans powers and intelligence is it possible for that person to beat Creel? I think the answer is yes, the only problem is if you are a writer who does not have extremely high intelligence how are you going to represent that in a comic? What may happen is that Caps opponent ends up looking stupid and it ends up looking like CIS and PIS when its Caps skill and intelligence coming into play.

Weyoun
Originally posted by Alfheim
Hey this got me thinking. You know how some people say that Cap is PIS riddled, I was just thinking to myself its not PIS but its his intelligence. On Caps bio its stated that he has extremely high intelligence and lots of other sources state that he is an expert at strategy.

Lets take the Cap vs Absorbing Man fight. If somebody as smart as Cap is fighting somebody with Absorbing Mans powers and intelligence is it possible for that person to beat Creel? I think the answer is yes, the only problem is if you are a writer who does not have extremely high intelligence how are you going to represent that in a comic? What may happen is that Caps opponent ends up looking stupid and it ends up looking like CIS and PIS when its Caps skill and intelligence coming into play.

Cap is just cool, it's as simple as that. He wins because he's an icon and he finds a way to win, just like Superman.

They are special heroes.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Weyoun
Cap is just cool, it's as simple as that. He wins because he's an icon and he finds a way to win, just like Superman.

They are special heroes.

Some people would call that PIS....

Weyoun

It may be, I would call it inspirational.

Alfheim
It may be, I would call it inspirational.

Well ok you're new to this forum but the forum rules say np PIS is allowed. Some people on this forum say that the reason why Cap wins alot is only because of the writers I and others are on a mission to prove its not so.

Weyoun
Well ok you're new to this forum but the forum rules say np PIS is allowed. Some people on this forum say that the reason why Cap wins alot is only because of the writers I and others are on a mission to prove its not so.

Of course he wins because of the writers they write the stories and they want them to be inspirational. That's a big floor in this forums rules if it doesn't take into account character shields, like most forums.

Alfheim
Of course he wins because of the writers they write the stories and they want them to be inspirational. That's a big floor in this forums rules if it doesn't take into account character shields, like most forums.

I dont quite understand the second half of what you said the character shields......

Weyoun
I dont quite understand the second half of what you said the character shields......

Yes Character Shields on good forums are the opposite of PIS. Certain characters are shielded by the writers because they win, that's what they do and a character shielded cap wins because he must. No offense to this boards rules but it's like a game of ACE Trumps and doesn't take into account the bigger picture.

King KAM
Cap wins, because he is Cap.

He goes harder than everyone, hes on teams with 2 GODS, and a bunch of super-powered people,yet he is always the first one in battle and the last one out.

Weyoun
Originally posted by King KAM

He goes harder than everyone, hes on teams with 2 GODS, and a bunch of super-powered people,yet he is always the first one in battle and the last one out.

Exactly, It's that simple. He is character shielded and so he should be, just like Superman they are special and icons.

Alfheim

Argh Kam I know you're on my side but that doesnt help. We need to give a logical reason to why he wins, not he wins because hes cap.

Yes Character Shields on good forums are the opposite of PIS. Certain characters are shielded by the writers because they win, that's what they do and a character shielded cap wins because he must. No offense to this boards rules but it's like a game of ACE Trumps and doesn't take into account the bigger picture.

Well character shield sound like PIS. Using that as an argument on this forum doesnt work. Its like sure Cap wins in the comic but in the "real" world cap would lose.

Weyoun
Well character shield sound like PIS. Using that as an argument on this forum doesnt work. Its like sure Cap wins in the comic but in the "real" world cap would lose.

And therein lies the problem with this forum, it's ules fail to acknoledge the nobility and spirit of certain characters who will overcome the odds time and time again because that's what they do.

It's not about P.I.S. it's about the extra power that characters like Cap and Superman have over all the others, the power of indomitable spirit and refusal to say die. That's what there real power is and not the trading card power set.

Alfheim
And therein lies the problem with this forum, it's ules fail to acknoledge the nobility and spirit of certain characters who will overcome the odds time and time again because that's what they do.

It's not about P.I.S. it's about the extra power that characters like Cap and Superman have over all the others, the power of indomitable spirit and refusal to say die. That's what there real power is and not the trading card power set.

Actually thats a good point. I was the only person in the Captain respect thread to put down an integrity feat. Here what I wrote:

Integrity feat

This is a cap integrity feat. Let me explain the context. If you look at the top panel it explains how Cap was defeated hundreds of times by a reality warping Korvac. Every time Korvac beat Cap he would send him back in time and let him remember his deafeats. This happened hundreds of times but eventually Cap wore down the godlike Korvac!

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2118/capintegritytr4.th.jpg

To truly understand what makes Captain America who he is its not about his shield or even his fighting ability its about his heart. Cap has such a big and pure heart sometimes this enables him to beat powerful beings where other heroes would fail. Cap is one of the few heroes that can lift Thors hammer and Cap once used Thors hammer to save his life. This is why when the super heroes get together Cap leads them, his intregrity is so great.

I dont even think Integrity feats have been done before. Im sure even in the real world a persons spirit will help them overcome the odds but not all the time! Lots of people with noble spirits are overcome in the real world. So yes it would help but it would not work all the time.

Weyoun
Actually thats a good point. I was the only person in the Captain respect thread to put down an integrity feat. Here what I wrote:

I dont even think Integrity feats have been done before. Im sure even in the real world a persons spirit will help them overcome the odds but not all the time! Lots of people with noble spirits are overcome in the real world. So yes it would help but it would not work all the time.

Of course they will, good post by the way. You see why this forum needs character shields it's stops all the "insert stupid character" beats Cap, Superman, Sppiderman etc. Those special type of characters win because ofthe spirit and integrity they have. They are the heroes among the heroes, the icons.

Alfheim
Of course they will, good post by the way. You see why this forum needs character shields it's stops all the "insert stupid character" beats Cap, Superman, Sppiderman etc. Those special type of characters win because ofthe spirit and integrity they have. They are the heroes among the heroes, the icons.

Well yeah...but its not going to work all the time.....sometimes you need some power behind the will. Are you capfangirl by the way?

Weyoun
Well yeah...but its not going to work all the time.....sometimes you need some power behind the will. Are you capfangirl by the way?

I like Cap yes. I like Superman, i like the icoic heroes, i guess it's a girl thing, I am not really into these heroes with feet of clay. To me they are not heroes, give me a Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, or Kal El over most other losers anyday.

Alfheim
I like Cap yes. I like Superman, i like the icoic heroes, i guess it's a girl thing, I am not really into these heroes with feet of clay. To me they are not heroes, give me a Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, or Kal El over most other losers anyday.

Well im not too sure about Superman sometimes he seems like a bit of a pansy. Well basically I like Cap because of his moraility, thats why I dont like Ultimate Cap I prefer Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Cap is a bit of a b*****. Thats also why I dont really like characters like Iron Man hes a womaniser apparently.

I dont know if its a girl thing to like Iconic characters some girls like b******.

Tha C-Master

Lets take the Cap vs Absorbing Man fight. If somebody as smart as Cap is fighting somebody with Absorbing Mans powers and intelligence is it possible for that person to beat Creel? I think the answer is yes, the only problem is if you are a writer who does not have extremely high intelligence how are you going to represent that in a comic? What may happen is that Caps opponent ends up looking stupid and it ends up looking like CIS and PIS when its Caps skill and intelligence coming into play. No PIS and plot device are different. Spiderman is smart. If he were to make a device to take out Venom, or come up with something on the fly, that would be believable (but a plot device, and thus not applicable by the rules). PIS would just be the opponent fighting dumb or getting weaker.

Cap would have to use a plot device to win, if he "just beats him" then it's PIS. Simple really.

King KAM
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
No PIS and plot device are different. Spiderman is smart. If he were to make a device to take out Venom, or come up with something on the fly, that would be believable (but a plot device, and thus not applicable by the rules). PIS would just be the opponent fighting dumb or getting weaker.

Cap would have to use a plot device to win, if he "just beats him" then it's PIS. Simple really. but cap doesnt just beat people...he emposes his will son...his wiill!!!!!!!!

*gets held back by Alfheim* NAH SON!!!! EFF DAT SON!!! LET ME AT HIM!!!! LET ME AT HIM!!!!

Alfheim
but cap doesnt just beat people...he emposes his will son...his wiill!!!!!!!!

*gets held back by Alfheim* NAH SON!!!! EFF DAT SON!!! LET ME AT HIM!!!! LET ME AT HIM!!!!

Dont do it Kam its not worth it! laughing

Originally posted by Tha C-Master

Cap would have to use a plot device to win, if he "just beats him" then it's PIS. Simple really.

I dunno man. Am I being paranoid but does that sound sarcastic or a bit patronising?

Scoobless

To believe that someone will win just because he's fighting for what's right or fighting with more heart is incredibly naive.

That's why these "character shields" aren't used on KMC, we're trying to see who realistically would/should win .... all the heart in the world shouldn't let Cap beat Venom or Sandman in a fight.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Scoobless
To believe that someone will win just because he's fighting for what's right or fighting with more heart is incredibly naive.

That's why these "character shields" aren't used on KMC, we're trying to see who realistically would/should win .... all the heart in the world shouldn't let Cap beat Venom or Sandman in a fight.

In all fairness though it can help, even people in the real world can have greater durability and pain resistance to people who are much stronger than them. Cap is enhanced human with a alot of willpower that will mean he will do many superhuman feats.

Prof S.T.I.

What is PIS ?

Weyoun

No they have removed hope and the human spirit. Think of the 300 or the Battle of Britain.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Prof S.T.I.
What is PIS ?

No Mentioning Events of PIS

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

People have different opinions about what is PIS or not. Some people try to make it like its clear cut. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
No they have removed hope and the human spirit. Think of the 300 or the Battle of Britain.

Training and strategy.

Being in the right only gets you a win in PIS fiction.... in reality, good people are killed every day by cowards.

Alfheim
Training and strategy.

Being in the right only gets you a win in PIS fiction.... in reality, good people are killed every day by cowards.

Yes but you cant deny human spirit can be a factor. Look at what I said earlier. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Weyoun
Training and strategy.

Taining and strategy and courage and dignity.

The German Pilots had as much training as the rag tag combination of pilots in the RAF.

Ichigo66666
Do you fail to understand logic? I can believe and will that I will win a fight, doesn't mean it guaruntees a victory, which it what your saying.

He can believe as much as he wants and be as patriotic as he wants, he shouldn't win against most opponents.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Ichigo66666

He can believe as much as he wants and be as patriotic as he wants, he shouldn't win against most opponents.

Like who? Self-belief can help somebody gain victory. Its not a guarantee but it can help as I have explained earlier

Ichigo66666
Like who? Self-belief can help somebody gain victory. Its not a guarantee but it can help as I have explained earlier

In battles where the opponent is around the same level or a tiny bit above, yes. But not in Absorbing Man or Iron Man cases.

My post was aimed at Weyoun, no offense Alf.

Alfheim
In battles where the opponent is around the same level or a tiny bit above, yes. But not in Absorbing Man or Iron Man cases.

Well this is what I was trying to explain before. First of all Cap is not a normal human he is enhanced for starters. Is it possible for somebody with his stats who has extremely high intelligence to find a way to do this? I dont have extremely high intelligence would I be able to portray this properly in a comic.

Furthermore why does the opponent have to be only slightly more powerful? An enhanced human with a lot of skill and alot of willpower will do superhuman feats.

Yeah I know you're post wasnt aimed at me.

Ichigo66666
Well this is what I was trying to explain before. First of all Cap is not a normal human he is enhanced for starters. Is it possible for somebody with his stats who has extremely high intelligence to find a way to do this? I dont have extremely high intelligence would I be able to portray this properly in a comic.

Furthermore why does the opponent have to be only slightly more powerful? An enhanced human with a lot of skill and alot of willpower will do superhuman feats.

Yeah I know you're post wasnt aimed at me.

Not really, Namor has really good intelligence x10 that of Wolverines, PIS means Wolverine beats him because Namor didn't fight. Same with Iron Man and Cap, I'd say Tony is smarter and x10 stronger in nearly every ability. Yet Cap more or less ands him his ass, same as Namor/Wolv.

Sure, but he shouldn't be beating Iron Man or Absorbing Man, the only way he wins is by PIS, he will do Superhuman feats, he is more or less superhuman. As much as I could try and beat up someone x10 stronger that me, as much as I will and believe it, it won't happen.

Alfheim
Not really, Namor has really good intelligence x10 that of Wolverines, PIS means Wolverine beats him because Namor didn't fight. Same with Iron Man and Cap, I'd say Tony is smarter and x10 stronger in nearly every ability. Yet Cap more or less ands him his ass, same as Namor/Wolv.

Tony is really good at building stuff, he is not a genuis at strategy. Thats one of the reasons why Cap is leader of The Avengers. Cap has never beaten Namor before properly. He has beaten a mind controlled Namor and a Namor clone.

Sure, but he shouldn't be beating Iron Man or Absorbing Man, the only way he wins is by PIS, he will do Superhuman feats, he is more or less superhuman.

Why cant he beat Absorbing man, Absorbing man has lower than average intelligence. Cap has extremely high intelligence. Its impossible for somebody as smart as cap to trick him into reverting back to his normal form?

As much as I could try and beat up someone x10 stronger that me, as much as I will and believe it, it won't happen.

Well if you accept the fact that Cap can see bullets, he can dodge lasers in zero gravity. Also Mantis a human being can knock out Thor, why cant Cap beat somebody 10 times stronger than himself?

Weyoun

Ichigo66666
Tony is really good at building stuff, he is not a genuis at strategy. Thats one of the reasons why Cap is leader of The Avengers. Cap has never beaten Namor before properly. He has beaten a mind controlled Namor and a Namor clone.

Why cant he beat Absorbing man, Absorbing man has lower than average intelligence. Cap has extremely high intelligence. Its impossible for somebody as smart as cap to trick him into reverting back to his normal form?

Well if you accept the fact that Cap can see bullets, he can dodge lasers in zero gravity. Also Mantis a human being can knock out Thor, why cant Cap beat somebody 10 times stronger than himself?

Strategy shouldn't do much in a fist fight or when they are fighting, realistically, speedblitz, dead cap. I was talking about Namor V Wolv=Cap V Iron Man.

He shouldn't beat AM because there is nothing he can do to hurt him. Without PIS and CIS, AM is unbeatable by anyone Cap Level.

See above.

Weyoun

Ichigo66666

Ichigo66666
A Vs. B = C no It's not that easy when talking about those fighting for an ideal.

B 10/10. Don't try to insult me because you don't comprehend logic. As much as I want, I can't beat someone x10 superior to me. Neither should Cap, or it is P-I-S.

Alfheim
Strategy shouldn't do much in a fist fight or when they are fighting,

Why not???

realistically, speedblitz, dead cap.

Who is speedblitzing cap, Quicksilver?

I was talking about Namor V Wolv=Cap V Iron Man.

Oh.

He shouldn't beat AM because there is nothing he can do to hurt him. Without PIS and CIS, AM is unbeatable by anyone Cap Level.

Well you're not dumb but do you have extremely high intelligence? If you had extremely high intelligence and you were enhanced human you think its impossible for Cap to find a way of beating AM? In fact i can think of one way now. If AM knew that cap was going to hit him with his shield what would he do? AM would try to absorb it, what would happen if Cap pretended he was going to hit him with his shield an instead punched him. AM turn back into human form and then Cap would knock him out.

Weyoun
I'm sorry, but real life has nothing to do with comics, or else Cap wouldn't be beating 75% of people he does.

So if I wear a Union Jack, get a shield, will my way, I can beat Mike Tyson or someone? I don't really think so. Your missing the whole Logic of Cap shouldn't beat most of who he beats, they are x10 superior and because he wants to win, he shouldn't win.

Again you miss the point of what Cap is and what his stories are about it's about overcoming overwhelming odds, it's about hope and courage and everytime someone is given a medal for bravery they have done something which the concept of Caps stories embodies.

This is what you fail to grasp.

It's the concpt that made brave men charge machine gun nests.

This is not PIS this the reason for the plot.

Ichigo66666
Why not???

Who is speedblitzing cap, Quicksilver?

Oh.

Well you're not dumb but do you have extremely high intelligence? If you had extremely high intelligence and you were enhanced human you think its impossible for Cap to find a way of beating AM? In fact i can think of one way now. If AM knew that cap was going to hit him with his shield what would he do? AM would try to absorb it, what would happen if Cap pretended he was going to hit him with his shield an instead punched him. AM turn back into human form and then Cap would knock him out.

Because when your punching someone or in a fight, you don't think about strategy you think about punching him.

Nope, IM could easily Speedblitz Cap to doom.

Is still touches him on contact, and will change to human, he isn't a weakling there you know, or he can grab Caps shield or something tough surrounding them.

Alfheim
I'm sorry, but real life has nothing to do with comics, or else Cap wouldn't be beating 75% of people he does.

So if I wear a Union Jack, get a shield, will my way, I can beat Mike Tyson or someone? I don't really think so. Your missing the whole Logic of Cap shouldn't beat most of who he beats, they are x10 superior and because he wants to win, he shouldn't win.

Its not as simple as that. For example Cap can beat Mr Hyde or The Wrecker because he is more agile and smarter than both of them.

Cap can give Spider Man alot of trouble because he is a better strategist and is a much better fighter than he is. Also Spiderman is not so fast that Cap cant hit him.

Cap can beat AMM because he is smarter.

You are not superior to Tyson in any form.

Ichigo66666
Again you miss the point of what Cap is and what his stories are about it's about overcoming overwhelming odds, it's about hope and courage and everytime someone is given a medal for bravery they have done something which the concept of Caps stories embodies.

This is what you fail to grasp.

It's the concpt that made brave men charge machine gun nests.

This is not PIS this the reason for the plot.

Nope, you miss the point entirely. Because he is patriotic and wants to win, doesn't mean he should win.

This is what YOU fail to grasp.

This is PIS because the writers can't let him lose.

Weyoun
Nope, you miss the point entirely. Because he is patriotic and wants to win, doesn't mean he should win.

This is what YOU fail to grasp.

This is PIS because the writers can't let him lose.

It's nothing to do with patriotism.

It's to do with facing and overcoming overwhelming odds, where have I mentioned patriotism.

You truly are a lost cause. Little Boys, so silly.

Ichigo66666

It's to do with facing and overcoming overwhelming odds, where have I mentioned patriotism.

I'm a lost cause? You silly retarded ****, because you can't get over your Cap A. you won't let him lose.

It is, you say he can't loose because he fights for what he wants, as much as he wants, he shouldn't win.

Alfheim
Because when your punching someone or in a fight, you don't think about strategy you think about punching him.

Seriously im not being offensive but thats what people with little fightign experience do. Experienced MA's and boxers have a strategy. If you dont belive me just listen to a boxers talking before a fight. They dont just say im just going to punch, they talk about their strategy.

Nope, IM could easily Speedblitz Cap to doom.

You do know Cap can see bullets and has dodged lasers in zero gravity?

Is still touches him on contact, and will change to human, he isn't a weakling there you know, or he can grab Caps shield or something tough surrounding them.

So you're telling me that AM in human form can fight one of the best combatants on earth, who is better than Shang Chi, can dodge bullets and has knocked out Thunderball out cold? Can creel dodge bullets in human form, hes not wimp but he doesnt even have peak human reflexes in human form.

AM in human form is no match for Cap, Cap will knock him out before he knows whats happened

Sorry Weyoun, I know you're on, my side but hes right you're talking about PIS. Ichi is not saying that willpower is not a factor he is saying its not enough. I am saying that combined with other factors is.

Ichigo66666
Seriously im not being offensive but thats what people with little fightign experience do. Experienced MA's and boxers have a strategy. If you dont belive me just listen to a boxers talking before a fight. They dont just say im just going to punch, they talk about their strategy.

You do know Cap can see bullets and has dodged lasers in zero gravity?

So you're telling me that AM in human form can fight one of the best combatants on earth, who is better than Shang Chi, can dodge bullets and has knocked out Thunderball out cold? Can creel dodge bullets in human form, hes not wimp but he doesnt even have peak human reflexes in human form.

AM in human form is no match for Cap, Cap will knock him out before he knows whats happened

Yes, but that is preperation, in a random fight that just happened, you have nothing, just fighting. You can't stop and ask them to pause while you think of ways to beat them.

Yes, you do know IM went to the sun in seconds?

No, Creel can atleast hold off Cap until he can grab something solid and well to change into.

Not really, Creel is a big man, he can hold while getting something to something useful.

Weyoun
I'm a lost cause? You silly retarded ****, because you can't get over your Cap A. you won't let him lose.

It is, you say he can't loose because he fights for what he wants, as much as he wants, he shouldn't win.

Silly, Retarded and swearing? I suspect you are about 10 how did you get on this forum.

Do they do English Literature at your school, did you get an GCSE in it or are you likely to? I suspect no you won't be getting one because you fail to grasp the only one using the term patriotism is you. The plot is about an everyman overcoming overwhelming odds. Steve overcame these, before the serum, he was brave enough to take it although it might kill him. It's a story about sacrifice and redemption, courage and dignity. Overcoming the seemingly impossible it's about hope not WWE wrestling. The good writers get it, that's why Cap is allowed to do what he does you don't but then you're very emotional.

Little Boys, lol I wonder if any men are on this forum.

King KAM
Silly, Retarded and swearing? I suspect you are about 10 how did you get on this forum.

Do they do English Literature at your school did you get an GCSE in it or are you likely to? I suspect no you won't be getting one because you fail to grasp the only one using the term patriotism is you. The plot is about an everyman overcoming overwhelming odds. Steve overcame these, befre the serum, he was brave enough to take it although it might kill him. It's a story about sacrifice and redemption, courage and dignity. Overcoming the seemingly impossible it's about hope not WWE wrestling. The good writers get it, that's why Cap is allowed to do what he does you don't but then you're very emotional.

Little Boys, lol I wonder if any men are on this forum. dont get mad.... hes just a little tense that hes still a virgin

Weyoun
dont get mad.... hes just a little tense that hes still a virgin

I realised that, thank you, you seem nice. Maybe not all the guys are little boys on this forum.

Ichigo66666

Do they do English Literature at your school did you get an GCSE in it or are you likely to? I suspect no you won't be getting one because you fail to grasp the only one using the term patriotism is you. The plot is about an everyman overcoming overwhelming odds. Steve overcame these, befre the serum, he was brave enough to take it although it might kill him. It's a story about sacrifice and redemption, courage and dignity. Overcoming the seemingly impossible it's about hope not WWE wrestling. The good writers get it, that's why Cap is allowed to do what he does you don't but then you're very emotional.

I'm silly, oh sorry, I have never said that word since I was about 8 years old. 5 years ago.

I'm 13 smile and I have destroyed any comment you have put into play. I suspect, neither did you, your comments are irrelevant, you fail to comprehend simple logic. Even Alfheim is saying your talking PIS, still fail to understand? No, your still wrong, just because he thinks and wants to beat someone, he can't do it without PIS. No matter how much you, the writers or anyone else want him to, it is PIS. If they are x 10 superior to him, he can't beat them just due to willpower.

Weyoun
I'm silly, oh sorry, I have never said that word since I was about 8 years old. 5 years ago.

I'm 13 smile and I have destroyed any comment you have put into play. I suspect, neither did you, your comments are irrelevant, you fail to comprehend simple logic. Even Alfheim is saying your talking PIS, still fail to understand? No, your still wrong, just because he thinks and wants to beat someone, he can't do it without PIS. No matter how much you, the writers or anyone else want him to, it is PIS. If they are x 10 superior to him, he can't beat them just due to willpower.

You're 13 conversation over, I understand the problem now. That's why you don't understand the concepts i'm propogating.

Oh dear, how silly arguing with a little boy and using concepts he can't grasp.

hehe.

Ichigo66666
dont get mad.... hes just a little tense that hes still a virgin

No, i'm tense that there is retards and stupid people left in this world. That fail to comprehend logic such as PIS, your Captain is nothing but walking, talking PIS.

Ichigo66666
You're 13 conversation over, I understand the problem now. That's why you don't understand the concepts i'm propogating.

Oh dear, how silly arguing with a little boy and using concepts he can't grasp.

hehe.

Do you still not understand? Even Alf proved me right:

Sorry Weyoun, I know you're on, my side but hes right you're talking about PIS. Ichi is not saying that willpower is not a factor he is saying its not enough. I am saying that combined with other factors is.

But wait, your retarded, i'm sorry, I failed to see that no matter how much I prove you right, you don't understand logic.

Oh dear, arguing with a retarded 10 year old, putting across Logic she can't comprehend.

How stupid of me.

Weyoun
No, i'm tense that there is retards and stupid people left in this world. That fail to comprehend logic such as PIS, your Captain is nothing but walking, talking PIS.

Poor Baby go back to your Pokemon.

Weyoun
Do you still not understand? Even Alf proved me right:

But wait, your retarded, i'm sorry, I failed to see that no matter how much I prove you right, you don't understand logic.

Oh dear, arguing with a retarded 10 year old, putting across Logic she can't comprehend.

How stupid of me.

This is not about logic. Nothing in comics is logial unless you believe a man can fly. They are plot driven, look up protagonist on google.

Alfheim
Yes, but that is preperation, in a random fight that just happened, you have nothing, just fighting. You can't stop and ask them to pause while you think of ways to beat them.

No im sorry even in a random fight strategy would be involved. just because its random does that mean that all your fighting knowldge and training goes out of the window. For normal people yes , but not for an experienced MA. Again he is an experienced MA, enhanced human with extremely high intelligence. Are you telling me somebody with those stats can think something up in a random encounter.

Yes, you do know IM went to the sun in seconds?

Faster than the speed of light? Cap has dodged lasers in zero garvity. He can dodge Iron man.

No, Creel can atleast hold off Cap until he can grab something solid and well to change into.

Not really, Creel is a big man, he can hold while getting something to something useful.

Creel is tough but he is still human and furthermore he is not a trained human being. have you seen how much superior cap is to trained humans he can knock them out before they react and he can move so fast they can barely seem him. Creel is not even trained, Creel is going down.

King Kam could you please be nice. Weyoun try to be nice. Ichi try and cool it.

This is not about logic. Nothing in comics is logial unless you believe a man can fly. They are plot driven, look up protagonist on google.

Yes that is true, but the whole point of this forum is to try and be logical. Ive aksed Ichi to calm down, could you try to be nice? I know he sweared at you but I want people to try and be civil on my thread.

Ichigo66666
Poor Baby go back to your Pokemon.

Poor Retard, go back to your unbreakable watch and masturbating over Cap.

Weyoun

By 16 girls don't mastabate that much, I was never that into it anyway because I could get boyfriends and still can. Have you had a wet dream yet? I doubt it.

ThePittman
Well in many ways it is PIS, now it makes a great story line for him to come back from overwhelming odds but he does this on a regular basis. I have always been a strong defender of combat experience and give it much weight but sometimes it goes too far and with the frequency that Cap does this is a bit much.

King KAM
No, i'm tense that there is retards and stupid people left in this world. That fail to comprehend logic such as PIS, your Captain is nothing but walking, talking PIS. no more than Franklin Richards and Scarlet witch

Ichigo66666
No im sorry even in a random fight strategy would be involved. just because its random does that mean that all your fighting knowldge and training goes out of the window. For normal people yes , but not for an experienced MA. Again he is an experienced MA, enhanced human with extremely high intelligence. Are you telling me somebody with those stats can think something up in a random encounter.

Faster than the speed of light? Cap has dodged lasers in zero garvity. He can dodge Iron man.

Creel is tough but he is still human and furthermore he is not a trained human being. have you seen how much superior cap is to trained humans he can knock them out before they react and he can move so fast they can barely seem him. Creel is not even trained, Creel is going down.

King Kam could you please be nice. Weyoun try to be nice. Ichi try and cool it.

If someone just jumps out of nowhere and attacks him, he maintains his skill and intelligence, but may not have time to use it while he is been whipped about.

Iron Man went to the sun in seconds, I think he can hit Cap.

I'm sure Creel can take some punches or touch Caps Shield or something like that around him, he is superior, but Creel isn't a stick. He will hold himself. Creel is going down, if he doesn't grab something. E.G. Caps Shield, which he should be able to do.

Alfheim

Please stop it!

By 16 girls don't mastabate that much, I was never that into it anyway because I could get boyfriends and still can. Have you had a wet dream yet? I doubt it.

Please stop it!

Weyoun
Originally posted by ThePittman
Well in many ways it is PIS, now it makes a great story line for him to come back from overwhelming odds but he does this on a regular basis. I have always been a strong defender of combat experience and give it much weight but sometimes it goes too far and with the frequency that Cap does this is a bit much.

Exactly Pittman it's about the plot.

It seems itchygo or whatever doesn't get that like the rest of us and wants to just shout, it's silly because he's weaker, he should be pwnd etc.

Ichigo66666
no more than Franklin Richards and Scarlet witch

They twist reality, something Cap cannot do, the day Cap is a top class reality warper, I'll excuse his PIS.

Ichigo66666
Exactly Pittman it's about the plot.

It seems itchygo or whatever doesn't get that like the rest of us and wants to just shout, it's silly because he's weaker, he should be pwnd etc.

Like i pwned you so much in this thread? Pittman is with me, he can do it a few times, but he does it constantly, it is P-I-S.

Weyoun
Like i pwned you so much in this thread? Pittman is with me, he can do it a few times, but he does it constantly, it is P-I-S.

You haven't understood most of my posts, because you still don't know what a protagonist is.

Even for a boy going through early stages of puberty you are a little hormonal.

Ichigo66666
You haven't understood most of my posts, because you still don't know what a protagonist is.

Even for a boy going through early stages of puberty you are a little hormonal.

I do, just because he is in his own comic, doesn't mean he shouldn't lose.

Even for a retard, your still pwnable.

ThePittman

Alfheim
If someone just jumps out of nowhere and attacks him, he maintains his skill and intelligence, but may not have time to use it while he is been whipped about.

Yeah but you dont think somebody with Cap's experience, training and stats would keep his composure....in fact isn't it likely he will? Imagine how much experience he has got from Shield and fighting in WW2 alone. Are you also aware that cap trains constantly, he is fanatical.

Again, faster than the speed of light?

I'm sure Creel can take some punches or touch Caps Shield or something like that around him, he is superior, but Creel isn't a stick. He will hold himself. Creel is going down, if he doesn't grab something. E.G. Caps Shield, which he should be able to do.

Serioulsy im not being patronising I dont think you know how good he is. In human form Creel is just a tough human. Just take a look at Civil War issue 1 and see what Cap did to the agents of Shield who were trained to specifically fight superhumans. Creel is nowhere near that level and Cap made those humans look stupid.

Again Creel is going down before he knows what has hit him.

It is both. Gambit should take Cap 9/10 times but they would never let that because he is Cap but it still would be PIS. Just because it is part of the storyline doesn’t mean it is not PIS.

Well apparently Gambit has kinetically enhanced speed... is this true? This means he does not have enhanced reflexes.

King_Mungi

No he didn't, he didn't make it to the sun, he just made it to the moon and early left the battle to upgrade his suit for space travel. Even stated that in the comics.

Ichigo66666
Yeah but you dont think somebody with Cap's experience, training and stats would keep his composure....in fact isn't it likely he will? Imagine how much experience he has got from Shield and fighting in WW2 alone. Are you also aware that cap trains constantly, he is fanatical.

He is greatly changed, but Creel could take a few punches until he can grab Caps Shield.

Again, faster than the speed of light?

To the sun in seconds? I'm sure it is faster than light.

Serioulsy im not being patronising I dont think you know how good he is. In human form Creel is just a tough human. Just take a look at Civil War issue 1 and see what Cap did to the agents of Shield who were trained to specifically fight superhumans. Creel is nowhere near that level and Cap made those humans look stupid.

Yes, but none were the size of Creel, he can take punches or just grab his shield and turn into Vibranium.

Again Creel is going down before he knows what has hit him.

King_Mungi
He never made it to the sun.

Weyoun

Ichigo66666
Ahh, but the plots are like modern myths and parables.

They deal with the A Vs. B fight at one level for the youngsters who are allowed to buy "Teen +" comics and they deal with deeper more fundemental issuses for those of us old enough to understand them. PIS is fine for children, Character Shields are better for adults as most more mature forums you will find invokes them.

What you fail to understand is, you pass PIS off as "Character Shields."

Same damn thing, you just try to excuse it.

Weyoun
What you fail to understand is, you pass PIS off as "Character Shields."

Same damn thing, you just try to excuse it.

Now you're almost getting it. They are similar it's not an excuse it's a more adult interpretation and an understanding of the concepts involved in the plot.

You can't be logical when talking about Myths and comic books.

Alfheim

Ichi how is a human going to take a punch from somebody who has knocked out Thunderball with one punch or somebody who has made Spiderman loose all feelings in his legs or has hit The Scorpion so hard he couldnt belive it? Creel is not taking a few punches he is going down with one shot.

Well apparently he didnt make it to the sun.

So what youre telling me that because hes bigger that makes him better than an agent of shield who has been trained to fight superhumans? Size = better relexes.

Now you're almost getting it. They are similar it's not an excuse it's a more adult interpretation and an understanding of the concepts involved in the plot.

You can't be logical when talking about Myths and comic books.

You can but not as much as people make out.

Prof S.T.I.

Poor little boy, all those raging hormones are making you mad. Please take a chill pill, or go have a W@nk to calm yourself down. If you are too young to know what a w@nk is, go pull on weener until white stuff comes out ! wink

Scoobless
Cap can see bullets, he can dodge lasers in zero gravity.

He can't "dodge lasers" ... unless you're saying he moves faster than light.

no expression

Alfheim
Poor little boy, all those raging hormones are making you mad. Please take a chill pill, or go have a W@nk to calm yourself down. If you are too young to know what a w@nk is, go pull on weener until white stuff comes out ! wink

I really dont appraciate the rudeness. In all fairness I dont think he should have swore at her, but he was actually in the right in terms of what they were debating about...but no that doesnt give him the right to swear at her unless she was being rude to him.

Prof if you're going to be rude could please go somewhere else.

Prof S.T.I.

My friend that same attitude led to the extermination of disabled people during the second world war. Are you in the Hitler youth ?This is probably why you hate like Captain America so much. Have you not forgiven the Americans for D- Day ?

Ichigo66666

Who the f*ck are you? You f*cking w@nker, coming in here talking sh*t. You know nothing you f*cking sock scum. Die already. smile

Alfheim
I give up this thread has just turned to crap

Prof S.T.I.
I really dont appraciate the rudeness. In all fairness I dont think he should have swore at her, but he was actually in the right in terms of what they were debating about...but no that doesnt give him the right to swear at her unless she was being rude to him.

I apologies for the rudeness, i just think masturbation is a good form of stress release. I do apologies

juggernaut66666
I give up this thread has just turned to crap
Ask a mod to close it Imo.

Galan007
I give up this thread has just turned to crap Yeah, it was a good idea, but it will more then likely get closed.

Weyoun

Please Prof don't bother he's not worth it.

So explain why he is right, the writers seem to agree with me. As they right good stories using the basic protagonist overcoming odds plotline, which is the staple of heroic fiction.

Put simply, the heroes of action films, books, and TV shows are almost always decisive, aggressive, and disinclined to play by the rules. One does not find many of them obsessed with rumination and consensus-building for the same reason that one finds few impetuous he-men in drawing room comedies: It doesn't work dramatically. They are men of action they exist to avert great evils. They overcome insumountable odds. You call this PIS, I call it character shields and it works in every story of this genre to a greater or lesser degree.

Alfheim
Please Prof don't bother he's not worth it.

So explain why he is right, the writers seem to agree with me. As they right good stories using the basic protagonist overcoming odds plotline, which is the staple of heroic fiction.

Put simply, the heroes of action films, books, and TV shows are almost always decisive, aggressive, and disinclined to play by the rules. One does not find many of them obsessed with rumination and consensus-building for the same reason that one finds few impetuous he-men in drawing room comedies: It doesn't work dramatically. They are men of action they exist to avert great evils. They overcome insumountable odds. You call this PIS, I call it character shields and it works in every story of this genre to a greater or lesser degree.

Ok i'll try to explain. The whole purpose of this forum is to try and create a place where charachters fight without PIS or characters shield. Its almost as if you put the characters in the real world. Just this simple fact...in the comics the heroes always win. In real life that would not happen.

Nobody is saying that the human spirit is a non factor, but it wont help all the time. Take Hannibal for example he was trying to protect his people from being conquered by The Romans, he was right to do so but he lost in the end. Also there was a Welsh General who fought against Henry V because The English were opressing The Welsh. He lost and his wife and daughters were imprisoned, So im sorry the human spirit doesnt always overcome evil.

At the same time we have characters who have been biten by radioactive spiders and been hit by nuclear explosions instead of dying have gained superhuman powers, so there is also alot of illogical stuff to.

Weyoun
Ok i'll try to explain. The whole purpose of this forum is to try and create a place where charachters fight without PIS or characters shield. Its almost as if you put the characters in the real world. Just this simple fact...in the comics the heroes always win. In real life that would not happen.

Nobody is saying that the human spirit is a non factor, but it wont help all the time. Take Hannibal for example he was trying to protect his people from being conquered by The Romans, he was right to do so but he lost in the end. Also there was a Welsh General who fought against Henry V because The English were opressing The Welsh. He lost and his wife and daughters were imprisoned, So im sorry the human spirit doesnt always overcome evil.

At the same time we have characters who have been biten by radioactive spiders and been hit by nuclear explosions instead of dying have gained superhuman powers, so there is also alot of illogical stuff to.

So it's like a game of match the atributes which we know real life really isn't like, for example on paper Ali should never have been able to beat Foreman the way he did. The tale of the tape says no way and yet with heroic effort and strategy he did.

Prof S.T.I.

What is PIS, im note entirely sure ? Does it have something to do with urine ?

Alfheim
So it's like a game of match the atributes which we know real life really isn't like, for example on paper Ali should never have been able to beat Foreman the way he did. The tale of the tape says no way and yet with heroic effort and strategy he did.

Well...ok this is abit confusing for me because its like I agree with what you're saying and I agree with ichi but there are certain areas in which I disagree with both of you. So its going to be hard for me to explain my position.

Well I agree with what you are saying about Ali and Foreman, but the difference is on this forum we hve somebody like Cap knocking out somebody who is 10 times stronger than him in one punch. The Ali vs Foreman match does prove that the human spirit is powerful but Ali never fought somebody who could lift 10 tons if that happened Ali would have died, but in a comic Ali may have beaten the 10 toner. Ali beating the 10 toner would be PIS.

At the same time Cap is better than Ali. Cap can see bullets, he can dodge lasers in zero gravity. Futhermore there are other superheroes like Mantis who have human strength and have the ability to knock out Thor!

So eventhough we are trying to be more realistic sometimes logic goes out of the window. How can a human being see bullets? In the real world they cant but in the comics Cap can. So what we try to do is to get the attributes of the heroes in the comic and try and put them in a more realistic envinronment.

So eventhough Cap can see bullets he will lose against Profesor X because we know Caps mind is not strong enough to protect him from Professor X's mental assault. If Cap was able to beat Prof X in a comic without a rational explanation that is PIS and is not allowed on this forum.

Weyoun
Well...ok this is abit confusing for me because its like I agree with what you're saying and I agree with ichi but there are certain areas in which I disagree with both of you. So its going to be hard for me to explain my position.

Well I agree with what you are saying about Ali and Foreman, but the difference is on this forum we hve somebody like Cap knocking out somebody who is 10 times stronger than him in one punch. The Ali vs Foreman match does prove that the human spirit is powerful but Ali never fought somebody who could lift 10 tons if that happened Ali would have died, but in a comic Ali may have beaten the 10 toner. Ali beating the 10 toner would be PIS.

At the same time Cap is better than Ali. Cap can see bullets, he can dodge lasers in zero gravity. Futhermore there are other superheroes like Mantis who have human strength and have the ability to knock out Thor!

So eventhough we are trying to be more realistic sometimes logic goes out of the window. How can a human being see bullets? In the real world they cant but in the comics Cap can. So what we try to do is to get the attributes of the heroes in the comic and try and put them in a more realistic envinronment.

The point is bullies have glass jaws, at least in fiction, it doesn't matter if the can lift a hundred tons or 40Kg. This holds true to a point in real life, take Mike Tyson for example. Once Buster Dougls beat him because his head wasn't right, people like Holyfield knew how to tear him apart and of course Lennox unbeknown to us all had proven this in sparring almost a decade earlier.

Alfheim
The point is bullies have glass jaws, at least in fiction, it doesn't matter if the can lift a hundred tons or 40Kg. This holds true to a point in real life, take Mike Tyson for example. Once Buster Dougls beat him because his head wasn't right, people like Holyfield knew how to tear him apart and of course Lennox unbeknown to us all had proven this in sparring almost a decade earlier.

Sorry not sure what you're point is, you're saying alot of stuff....

Prof S.T.I.

I think a better comparison is Terminator 1. When you consider that the human was able to take down a device that was many times more powerful, its plausibles. Cap is master of tactics and h2h combat, to the point that he is aware of all physical weak spots and pressure points, its not hard to comprehend him beating physically superior characters.

Prof S.T.I.
Sorry not sure what you're point is, you're saying alot of stuff....

I think shes saying; badguys go down more easilly, due to mental instability.

Alfheim
Cap is master of tactics and h2h combat, to the point that he is aware of all physical weak spots and pressure points, its not hard to comprehend him beating physically superior characters.

I agree and he is enhanced as well.

I think shes saying; badguys go down more easilly, due to mental instability.

If she is that dont make sense.

Prof S.T.I.

Although she has provided viable examples from the real world, where mental instability can drastically effect a fighters performance ?

Prof S.T.I.

Wooops double post !

Alfheim
Although she has provided viable examples from the real world, where mental instability can drastically effect a fighters performance ?

Well I have given examples of people who have been fighting for a good cause but have lost. You also cant compare Tyson to Dr Doom or Red Skull. To be quite honest he lost because he ahdnt been training as hard. Whe he knoked out all those other guys he could still be considered to be unstable.

Prof S.T.I.
Well I have given examples of people who have been fighting for a good cause but have lost. You also cant compare Tyson to Dr Doom or Red Skull. To be quite honest he lost because he ahdnt been training as hard. Whe he knoked out all those other guys he could still be considered to be unstable.

IMO lack of training was caused / and lead to greater mental instability. Golf and football are the best examples of this. I think most people see Super heroes and villains as robots, i.e. unaffected by the ravages of mental insecurity

Alfheim
IMO lack of training was caused / and lead to greater mental instability. Golf and football are the best examples of this.

Yeah I said that as well.

ThePittman

Ichigo66666

Alfheim

Ichigo66666
Well like I said. Cap can see bullets, he can dodge lasers in zero gravity. Mantis can knock out Thor.....Mantis has human strength.

I thought we were gonna stop that? Well you still have not rebutted my posts yet. All the evidence shows that a human creel wont stand a chance against cap and apparently Iron Man did not fly to the Sun in seconds.

Creel will take a few punches, or just grab Caps shield, he only need's the slightest touch. Really? I'm sure he did :s Something like that.

Why should I stop? Socks United are attacking me, I'm attacking back, my last comment was perfectly ok and puts her comments into one sentence.

Prof S.T.I.

I thought we were gonna stop that? Well you still have not rebutted my posts yet. All the evidence shows that a human creel wont stand a chance against cap and apparently Iron Man did not fly to the Sun in seconds.

He still hasn't spanked his monkey ! wink

Ichigo66666
He still hasn't spanked his monkey ! wink

No, just your mother. smile

Prof S.T.I.

Why should I stop? Socks United are attacking me, I'm attacking back, my last comment was perfectly ok and puts her comments into one sentence.

No you made a callus attempt to be funny !

Prof S.T.I.
No, just your mother. smile

Nah she doesn't screw 13 year olds. wink

Ichigo66666
No you made a callus attempt to be funny !

A sock isn't worth my hand getting sore.

pitt_sockpitt_sockpitt_sockpitt_sockpitt_sockpitt_
sockpitt_sockpitt_sockpitt_sockpitt_sock

Ichigo66666
Nah she doesn't screw 13 year olds. wink

You'd be suprised. wink

ThePittman
Well like I said. Cap can see bullets, he can dodge lasers in zero gravity. Mantis can knock out Thor.....Mantis has human strength.

I thought we were gonna stop that? Well you still have not rebutted my posts yet. All the evidence shows that a human creel wont stand a chance against cap and apparently Iron Man did not fly to the Sun in seconds. Cap dodging bullets or lasers is total PIS, he can dodge the shooter but not the projectile, he is only peek human performance and where it looks good in comics no human could dodge bullets or lasers.

Alfheim
Creel will take a few punches, or just grab Caps shield, he only need's the slightest touch. Really? I'm sure he did :s Something like that.

Well ok im done. Seriously you need to take a look at a Cap comic. You were arguing that because Creel is bigger that somehow he would be better at fighting Cap than agents of shield.....thats not very good.

Ichigo66666
Well ok im done. Seriously you need to take a look at a Cap comic. You were arguing that because Creel is bigger that somehow he would be better at fighting Cap than agents of shield.....thats not very good.

I never said that, I said he never thought a SHIELD agent of Creels size. Creel could take some punches and/or just tap his Shield-Vibranium Creel.

Alfheim
Cap dodging bullets or lasers is total PIS, he can dodge the shooter but not the projectile, he is only peek human performance and where it looks good in comics no human could dodge bullets or lasers.

Cap has also been discribed as being enhanced human. Even if he was peak human how do you know that human beings cant dodge bullets if they were at peak potential, do you know what the limit of human potential is? So eventhoug he said that he can see bullets its PIS? So is Mantis knocking out Thor PIS eventhough it states in her profile in black and white that she can evenhough she has a human strength level.

I never said that, I said he never thought a SHIELD agent of Creels size. Creel could take some punches and/or just tap his Shield-Vibranium Creel.

Well I think you said something like that im too tired to get the quote. Furthermore you're not listening to me....look at what Cap did to the agents of shield. Creel is nowhere near as fast as they are and Cap has knocked out Thunderball with one punch.

If Cap can move so fast that trained humans can barely see him. Creel is not going to be able to react or touch his shield. Creel is not tough enough to take more than one punch from him either. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThePittman

Alfheim

ThePittman
They maybe human but they are obvously more powerful. I think the design of a plane was partially based on a bird does that mean it has to be slow as a bird?

Well is it PIS that Moondragon can learn to have vast psionic powers? Is it PIS that Dr Strange can learn to have vast magical powers? Is it PIS that Mantis can learn to knock out Thor?

If they are human and they can LEARN how to do what they do, why cant cap dodge bullets. There is a difference between learned knowledge then human abilities, can Cap dodge the shooter yes but not the speed of a bullet or much less light.

Alfheim
There is a difference between learned knowledge then human abilities, can Cap dodge the shooter yes but not the speed of a bullet or much less light.

No no no. Mantis has learnt how to knock out Thor.....she is still human......Moondragon learnt how to have psionic powers....do the math. If Cap is human he has the SS serum and trains how is it impossible for him to dodge bullets when you have other humans who have learnt how to fly.

Alot of Caps powers come from learnt knowledge.

Prof S.T.I.
Cap has also been discribed as being enhanced human. Even if he was peak human how do you know that human beings cant dodge bullets if they were at peak potential, do you know what the limit of human potential is? So eventhoug he said that he can see bullets its PIS? So is Mantis knocking out Thor PIS eventhough it states in her profile in black and white that she can evenhough she has a human strength level.

I know its not the most viable source, but in The Watchmen, Alan Moore proposes that at Human peak potential we may even be able to catch bullets, as done by Ozymandias. Who is this Mantis you keep going on about ?

Alfheim
I know its not the most viable source, but in The Watchmen, Alan Moore proposes that at Human peak potential we may even be able to catch bullets, as done by Ozymandias. Who is this Mantis you keep going on about ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_%28Marvel_Comics%29#Powers

ThePittman

Prof S.T.I.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_%28Marvel_Comics%29#Powers

She's very like Oszymandias from Watchmen.

Prof S.T.I.

Alfheim

ThePittman

Prof S.T.I.

Alfheim

ThePittman

ThePittman

quickshot

ThePittman

Prof S.T.I.

Prof S.T.I.

quickshot

ThePittman

Prof S.T.I.

ThePittman
I'm might be wrong but i thought it was the actual process subconscious/conscious stimulation and muscle contraction, that slows the entire process down. I know for a fact that the process action potentials (i.e. e;electrical impulses), are immensely faster than a speeding bullet.

Marvel Bio's are crap, do not except them. I can grantee you that neither Mark Miller or Ed Brubaker read them, hence Caps consistent meta physical performances. The chemical reaction time between neurons has been measured to an average of 30 m/s; this is the speed of the electrical impulse from neuron to neuron. However until I see that he is classified as a meta-human he is still limited by human performance.

Prof S.T.I.
The chemical reaction time between neurons has been measured to an average of 30 m/s; this is the speed of the electrical impulse from neuron to neuron. However until I see that he is classified as a meta-human he is still limited by human performance.

Well then youre a close minded Fool! Good Day to you sir.

P.S. I though Action potentials traveled A LOT faster than that ?

Weyoun
Well then youre a close minded Fool! Good Day to you sir.

P.S. I though Action potentials traveled A LOT faster than that ?

Action Potentials in the brain.

The cycle of depolarization and repolarization is extremely rapid, taking only about 2 milli-seconds (0.002 seconds) and thus allows neurons to fire action potentials in rapid bursts, a common feature in neuronal communication.

It varies thicker axons are faster according to my AS biology teacher Prof.

As you can see you're right.

ThePittman

Weyoun

Prof S.T.I.
So why would I be closed minded if everything that is written about him says that he is at peak human performance? Can you show me where he is said to be above this?

Its demonstrated regularly throughout Ed Brubakers Captain America series, and Mark Millars Ultimates. Most would argue that both renditions hold more validity than a handbook/bio aimed at little children. Are you a a little child Mr Pittman ?

Prof S.T.I.
Not really nerves are electrochemical. The axon is electrical and the synapse is chemical the speeds are pretty set. Hovwever learnt reflexes can become much faster as the network becomes more used and travelled.

I.e Reflex actions, Its not impossible to imagine the body dogging a bullet subconsciously, especially when its been genetically enhanced to the level of Captain America physical prowess. Plus this is a comic book universe, where every other person can dodge bullets. Thank you Meyoun, btw u are a very knowledgable, are us till in school ?

Weyoun
I.e Reflex actions, Its not impossible to imagine the body dogging a bullet subconsciously, especially when its been genetically enhanced to the level of Captain America physical prowess. Plus this is a comic book universe, where every other person can dodge bullets. Thank you Meyoun, btw u are a very knowledgable, are us till in school ?

Yes I am doing AS Biology I am expected to get an A, I got A* in all my GCSE except English language where I got a C, I got an A* at Literature though. That's why I understand how plots work as well. A lot of people call me Hermione at school still because I am a bit of a know it all. Except I am prettier than Hermione. hehe.

ThePittman

Weyoun

Prof S.T.I.
Yes I am doing AS Biology I am expected to get an A, I got A* in all my GCSE except English language where I got a C, I got an A* at Literature though. That's why I understand how plots work as well. A lot of people call me Hermione at school still because I am a bit of a know it all. Except I am prettier than Hermione. hehe.

And really moddest like Hermione aswell. wink

Weyoun
And really moddest like Hermione aswell. wink

hehe not really.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>