The Chinese Characters on the poster.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chiki Mina
Thanks to SarahB for sending in this link, the info also describes what the Chinese letters says in the poster.

I can't remeber in what thread it was, but people were trying to figure out what those Chinese characters meant.

Here's what I found:

The Chinese characters on the poster mean "Good luck, Captain Jack."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_At_World's_End

jackismyboo
Thx Chiki mina that was awesome i always wondered what it said. thx

PirateDiva
OMG....thats cool!

Mistypirate
WOW Interesting

Chiki Mina
So, I guess those Chinese letters aren't that important.

Mistypirate
Good Luck Capt Jack, no I think it might be important. Its actually wishing him good luck in everything. I wonder what everything is? wink

a-k-a-amber
hmmm good luck against Barbosa...

maybe dealing with some feelings wink

Mistypirate
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
hmmm good luck against Barbosa...

maybe dealing with some feelings wink

Right on target. big grin

Chiki Mina
Good luck in getting Liz pregnant lol

a-k-a-amber
LOL

a-k-a-amber
IMO i dont think Barbosa will be much of a threat i mean naturally they wont get along but i dont think he'll be THAT bad

Chiki Mina
I love Barbossa!!

Mistypirate
No I don't think so either, I believe the biggest threats are DJ, Becket and Will, humm... I don't think so he's a eunuch. wink

a-k-a-amber
i think maybe barbosa jack and lizzie form a sort of allience together or maybe at least elizabeth and barbosa im honestly curious about how jack and him will react to each other in the leaked script they fight and form an "unholy allience"

Mistypirate
Unholy alliance huh. So that means they are still enemies.

a-k-a-amber
Jack says that so i guess they are enemys but that can change

Mistypirate
Hopefully, I would like to see Barbosa on Jack's side. Everyone seems to hate Jack a lot. So I would like to see some one united with Jack aside from Liz.

a-k-a-amber
yes me too i would like that very much

I g2g got rehearsal in 30 minutes l8er guys! will try to get on later

Chiki Mina
We need kate, lovelyone, and willo to see these. I don't think they have!

Mistypirate
Yes we need them, Kate was here earlier and she ignored us.
sad

Chiki Mina
Seeing this clip and how Liz looked at Jack really got me thinking.

It only showed Lizzie with Jack, not Lizzie with Will. And did you see Jack's expression?

I thought it was interesting

Mistypirate
That part look like the one were Becket, Will and Barbosa Jack and Liz are standing on the beach. I wonder what they are talking about?

Mistypirate
Hey Mina try to play the clip in slow mo, Liz's eyes show sadness. She looks hurt, about something. I doubt it has to do with Jack.

Chiki Mina
What you think, Misty?

Mistypirate
Well maybe is about Jack, just the way she looks at him. I just think that for some reason Becket wants Jack. Maybe an agreement of some sort. Maybe Jack accepts Becket's job in order to give Will and Liz their freedom.

Chiki Mina
Let me look at the clip again.

Im going to annalyze on what you said. It could be possible.

Mistypirate
Yes Mina IMO Will is being handed over in exchange for Jack, Will looks like he has his hands tied.

Chiki Mina
How you put it in slow motion?

Mistypirate
Pause it. And then hit play and pause little by little. You can see Liz's expressions. She is not happy.
Thats the beach scene

Chiki Mina
Oh, Jacks expression seems of pitty,

Liz looks worried.

I dunno if I should freak out, but I can't help it but freak out how they both are standing s close.

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Well maybe is about Jack, just the way she looks at him. I just think that for some reason Becket wants Jack. Maybe an agreement of some sort. Maybe Jack accepts Becket's job in order to give Will and Liz their freedom. I think this is VERY possible

Chiki Mina
Whatever the reason is, I just love on how they both looked at eachother.

a-k-a-amber
i know he looks kinda sad dont you think?

PirateDiva
IMO it looks like Lizzie is upset and Jack says something to her and she turns and sort of glares at him....but then Jack's look is serious! so i really dont know what to make of the little clip! i'm confused....but them standing so close sends chills down my spine!

a-k-a-amber
i know.......

it kinda looks like she's in front too and he's kinda behind her shoulder

PirateDiva
But look at when she turns to look him in the eyes....he looks down! I think he cant stand to look her in the eyes, because he fears she'll see that he cares about her!

ivebeendepped43
I JUST WANT THE DANG MOVIE TO COME OUT!

IheartPocky
Originally posted by PirateDiva
But look at when she turns to look him in the eyes....he looks down! I think he cant stand to look her in the eyes, because he fears she'll see that he cares about her!

ooo i like that eek!

a-k-a-amber
But look at when she turns to look him in the eyes....he looks down! I think he cant stand to look her in the eyes, because he fears she'll see that he cares about her! OMG!!! thats perfect... maybe he told her to be careful... or something u know? dont do anything stupid

willofthewisp
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see where he speaks to her first. She looks really pissed at whatever's in front of her and she looks over at Jack like "can you believe this?" There isn't a shred of evidence that she's disgusted or mad at him. This is a look wanting guidance, and that implies really REALLY strong trust.
Jack's look is different. It's like he's been carefully thinking about the whole situation, but looks away when she faces him. This isn't as romantic as hiding that he cares about her, but he's not looking at her. He's looking in front of him. What I think, and feel free to prove me wrong, is that he's showing off for her. By not looking at what's in front of him, he doesn't look like he's concentrating. What do you think?

PirateDiva
delete

PirateDiva
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see where he speaks to her first. She looks really pissed at whatever's in front of her and she looks over at Jack like "can you believe this?" There isn't a shred of evidence that she's disgusted or mad at him. This is a look wanting guidance, and that implies really REALLY strong trust.
Jack's look is different. It's like he's been carefully thinking about the whole situation, but looks away when she faces him. This isn't as romantic as hiding that he cares about her, but he's not looking at her. He's looking in front of him. What I think, and feel free to prove me wrong, is that he's showing off for her. By not looking at what's in front of him, he doesn't look like he's concentrating. What do you think?

Well to me this scene connects with the same scene as the one they show earlier in the teaser with Will. Beckett, Barbossa, Liz and JAck.....so im assuming Liz is looking at Will standing with Beckett and is upset he has taken Becketts side....

the fact that they dont show Jack saying anything doesnt mean he doesnt they just probably showed the clip from her turning to look at him....

but Jack looks serious so i dont thing he is showing off....i think he told Liz something and she just turned to look at him....maybe in realization of something....but Jack looking down when Liz meets his Gaze tells, me at least, that he doesnt feel comfortable looking into her eyes!

Chiki Mina

I can't help it but to watch that scene over and over again. First of all, I can't help but get excited on how close they are. Sometimes I think that the look Liz gives to Jack is like, "looks it's just you and me."

Jack can't help but look at her straight in the eye, but only to last 3 seconds. I belive you are right that Jack is trying to look in himself than Liz. I think he doesn't want to see what's in front of him: Liz.

a-k-a-amber
i like this icon

Chiki Mina
I love those pics big grin

I love photoshop! stick out tongue

sarahdiamonds
sorry to contradict but elizabeth really doesn't look sad, well maybe because i can't do it in slow motion very well i have to watch it on tv and thx for tivo to see it in slow motion, but what i see she really she doesn't look sad, she looks kinda annoyed and maybe becket told them what is happening and she suspects jack, and turns to him because she can't trust him and he doesn't look in her eye, because he doesn't want to hurt her.

Chiki Mina
Elizabeth just looks worried, and maybe confused.

I wanted to believe at first it's maybe a comedy thing in that scene between those two, but, it just looks so emotional.

Their expressions tell me another story, it seems as if Lizzie is worried about something, and turns to Jack as if looking for some kind of guidance. Jack looks at her for a short time, and looks down, as if he was sorry.

sarahdiamonds
i think there is going to be alot of emotion between the two in the next movie just by reading the 36pg scrpit and the short trailer and looking at pictures.

Chiki Mina
And I think Jack is going to 'cold shoulder' Lizzie. Elizabeth thought that she could get away by just saying, "I'm sorry."

I really can't wait to see Jack different, a little bit darker. I think it's a great change of character but jsut still being Jack.

a-k-a-amber
agreed

Chiki Mina
Yesterday was packed in here because of the clip lol. There is still no info on the official trailer. I really would like for T&T to add a little comment about the clip wink

a-k-a-amber
yes i've been checking wordplayer but so far ....nothing

Chiki Mina
All of the movie sites I know have the same video posted.

a-k-a-amber
i only have three diff ones

this one
wordplayer
rottentomatoes...

willofthewisp
I guess showing off was the wrong phrase. To me, and I am no expert at reading faces, it doesn't look like they're thinking about each other. It looks like they're both really worried and concerned with whatever's going on in front of them and Liz looks to him to see what to do. Maybe he doesn't know, but I agree he doesn't seem to want to look her in the eye. I just don't think this is about their feelings for each other.

a-k-a-amber
i prefer to see it as Beckett just said he'd trade Will for Jack and Jack said something like he might agree and she looked at him like no way and he was kinda telling the truth so he avoided her eyes

willofthewisp
That's really good. I can see him also telling her "wait for the opportune moment" or something like he always tells Will and she looks back at him.

SarahB
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
Thanks to SarahB for sending in this link, the info also describes what the Chinese letters says in the poster.

I can't remeber in what thread it was, but people were trying to figure out what those Chinese characters meant.

Here's what I found:

The Chinese characters on the poster mean "Good luck, Captain Jack."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_At_World's_End

oh kl lol its kksmile

a-k-a-amber
i can see that happening too

Chiki Mina
I hope Barbossa doesn't die. I don't want him dead, again! eek!

a-k-a-amber
me either i hope they all join forces

willofthewisp
But I suspect he will. I don't think he and Jack can really exist on the same plain without trying to kill each other.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
i prefer to see it as Beckett just said he'd trade Will for Jack and Jack said something like he might agree and she looked at him like no way and he was kinda telling the truth so he avoided her eyes

I can see that happening. That is a good speculation.

Chiki Mina
But I suspect he will. I don't think he and Jack can really exist on the same plain without trying to kill each other.

That's the fun part. No doubt there will be mega sword fights between Barbossa and Jack, Will and Jack--the list goes on. Including bucket head, Norrington and Davy(maybe)

What I really want to see is Liz in a sword fight with Jack.

Mistypirate
Me to I want to see Jack and Liz in a sword fight, total hotness.

a-k-a-amber
ditto that would be very... hott

Chiki Mina
Like, Jack ripping Liz clothes off with his sword stick out tongue

a-k-a-amber
lol yes very the mask of zorro

Chiki Mina
It should!! Ted and Terry wrote that movie big grin

But, omg, I'm just so anxious about everything in this movie.

PirateDiva
That's really good. I can see him also telling her "wait for the opportune moment" or something like he always tells Will and she looks back at him.

YES....thats good! Something like that would make sense in that scene!!

But i still believe he cant look her in the eye because he's afraid she'll be able to read his face like an open book! They do say the eye is the window to your heart, u can see through it<---or something like that!!! LOL!!!

willofthewisp
That's hot, piratediva. That's really hot. I hope you're right.

PirateDiva
That's hot, piratediva. That's really hot. I hope you're right.

LOL....*sighs while crossing fingers* I HOPE SOO TOO!!!

Chiki Mina
YES....thats good! Something like that would make sense in that scene!!

But i still believe he cant look her in the eye because he's afraid she'll be able to read his face like an open book! They do say the eye is the window to your heart, u can see through it<---or something like that!!! LOL!!!

I vote for that theory!!

I think that's what it is. Jack just doesn't want to show that honest side, again.

PirateDiva
Because he may get stabbed in the back again....

see i respect willos opinion so much but im having trouble agreeing with willofthewisp when she says that Liz doent trust Jack....cause he hasnt given her a reason to not trust him, if anything he proved he can be dependable and trust worthy when he came back to the ship! i mean sure he lied to her about Will being press-ganged by him into Davy Jones crew....but he redeemed himself at the end!

if anyone should have trust issues, it should be JACK!!!!!

willofthewisp
"Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see where he speaks to her first. She looks really pissed at whatever's in front of her and she looks over at Jack like "can you believe this?" There isn't a shred of evidence that she's disgusted or mad at him. This is a look wanting guidance, and that implies really REALLY strong trust.
Jack's look is different. It's like he's been carefully thinking about the whole situation, but looks away when she faces him. This isn't as romantic as hiding that he cares about her, but he's not looking at her. He's looking in front of him. What I think, and feel free to prove me wrong, is that he's showing off for her. By not looking at what's in front of him, he doesn't look like he's concentrating. What do you think?"---me

That's what I said earlier. I would never say Liz doesn't trust Jack. What I'm saying is that she is wanting help from him, which means she trusts him a lot. So no need to disagree.

Chiki Mina
I agree, PirateDiva. Oh, Willo I'm not against you lol.

I think Jack is the one who has issues of trusting people. Liz has more faith in Jack. She knows that he is a great man who's scared to trust.

Mistypirate
When she is looking at what ever it is in front of her, you can see that Jack is starring at her the whole time. He doesn't take his eyes off her. When she turns around and looks at him that is when he avoids her gaze and looks down.

PirateDiva
"Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see where he speaks to her first. She looks really pissed at whatever's in front of her and she looks over at Jack like "can you believe this?" There isn't a shred of evidence that she's disgusted or mad at him. This is a look wanting guidance, and that implies really REALLY strong trust.
Jack's look is different. It's like he's been carefully thinking about the whole situation, but looks away when she faces him. This isn't as romantic as hiding that he cares about her, but he's not looking at her. He's looking in front of him. What I think, and feel free to prove me wrong, is that he's showing off for her. By not looking at what's in front of him, he doesn't look like he's concentrating. What do you think?"---me

That's what I said earlier. I would never say Liz doesn't trust Jack. What I'm saying is that she is wanting help from him, which means she trusts him a lot. So no need to disagree.

OH My willofthewisp i DO REALLY APOLOGIZE for that my slowness has taken it's toll on me it wasnt u who said that Liz doesnt trust Jack it was sarahdimonds:

sorry to contradict but elizabeth really doesn't look sad, well maybe because i can't do it in slow motion very well i have to watch it on tv and thx for tivo to see it in slow motion, but what i see she really she doesn't look sad, she looks kinda annoyed and maybe becket told them what is happening and she suspects jack, and turns to him because she can't trust him and he doesn't look in her eye, because he doesn't want to hurt her.- sarahdimonds

really im so sorry willo i got confused but^^ this what i was reffering too!

Chiki Mina
When she is looking at what ever it is in front of her, you can see that Jack is starring at her the whole time. He doesn't take his eyes off her. When she turns around and looks at him that is when he avoids her gaze and looks down.

I know. That is so true! He just can't keep his eyes off of her. Till she looks at him and then he looks away.

PirateDiva

YES....omg i really hope they get more moments like those!

Mistypirate
Go play the youtube vid in slow motion wink I was melting when I saw those puppy eyes starring at her. inlove

willofthewisp
Meh, piratediva. It happens. I'm glad we're in agreement on this.

Chiki, isn't that a beautiful phrase, "can't take his eyes off her?" Even in her samurai-esque costume, he must think she's the most beautiful woman in the world. That's pretty hard-core.

PirateDiva
YES....i love that he looks at her like he really cares but puts up a front when she looks at him!

Chiki Mina
Meh, piratediva. It happens. I'm glad we're in agreement on this.

Chiki, isn't that a beautiful phrase, "can't take his eyes off her?" Even in her samurai-esque costume, he must think she's the most beautiful woman in the world. That's pretty hard-core.

No doubt, Willo. Aye smile

No matter how Lizzie is, he just can't help those cursed eyes of his who keeps staring at Lizzie. She belongs to him, weather he likes it or not.

He could "kill" his good side, but he could never kill his feelings. It's so romantic on how she can be all dirty, looking like a tom boy, and seeing all that beauty beyond all the dirt.

If that's not love, I really don't know what it is.

hkitty
Hi, this is my first post. I think it's a bit funny how you all are getting so much meaning from such a short clip. But, to me, it seemed that Elizabeth was confused about something, and looked back at Jack for confirmation or reassurance or something. I don't know, it could have been one of many things. As for Jack, I think he was watching for Elizabeth's reaction. When he looks down, I would guess that he's thinking, and is about to say or do something.

a-k-a-amber
hello hkitty ! welcome to KMC

i like that idea!

Chiki Mina
Ahoy, hkitty! big grin

I always wanted to say that stick out tongue lol

Surreal_44
I would take a guess that whatever is going on Elizabeth is either exasperated with Jack, because he got caught in another lie, or, and this might be even more likely, she turns to ask him for some sort of confirmation and he's getting ready to lie about it.

The way he kind of looks down and away is the expression we see on his face the most often when he's getting ready to BS someone or is plotting something devious. big grin

I suspect that Will might be captain of the Dutchman by now and Beckett is controlling him somehow.

Pure speculation on my part; I'm just trying to squish where this scene might fit into the film. big grin

Mistypirate
It could be so many things, all of your speculations are very interesting and very much plausible. I never though I was going to say this, but I agree with Surreal eek! But Liz's look seems like she is looking for some sort of confirmation or reassurance OR here is a rather interesting speculation, maybe Becket or whoever is standing in front of them said something that by looking at Liz didn't sound really good (Most probably something about Jack). She looks at Jack as if she is hoping that he would deny whatever they said. But Jack looks down as if he was accepting or admitting to what ever has been said.

Am I making any sense? confused

Chiki Mina
It could be so many things, all of your speculations are very interesting and very much plausible. I never though I was going to say this, but I agree with Surreal eek! But Liz's look seems like she is looking for some sort of confirmation or reassurance OR here is a rather interesting speculation, maybe Becket or whoever is standing in front of them said something that by looking at Liz didn't sound really good (Most probably something about Jack). She looks at Jack as if she is hoping that he would deny whatever they said. But Jack looks down as if he was accepting or admitting to what ever has been said.

Am I making any sense? confused

I think you're making a good point. There are so many reasons as if why they look at eachother like that. I very much doubt is a comedy moment because they both look serious.

Either bucket head mentioned something about Jack's past that Jack didn't want to talk about.

There's also the possibilty of bucket head making a deal with Jack in exchange for their friends freedom and Jack agrees in order to save Liz--no clue.

Mistypirate
Yes that is a very good possibility, Jack doesn't seem to eager to fight the EITC. Maybe he makes an accord with Becket, possible, he turns himself in to the EITC in order to spare their freedom (Liz, Will, Barbosa, ect...) and the lives of other pirates. Remember what Terry or Ted said? there isn't going to be much of a battle. Maybe there is no battle.

Chiki Mina
Maybe the battle here is about dacing your demons(the past) and fighting for the future against Becket's control and Davey's heart.

I actually feel sorry for Davey. His heart can never be at rest. His heart was broken by a lover and now it's being controlled by a mad man.

But, I digress.

I just think that Jack is having trouble facing his past again, it's going after him--chasing him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.