10 reasons why Batman is cooler than Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sam Z
Gimme 10 reasons why Batman is cooler than Superman.

I don't doubt the fact, but I want you to give your reasons.

braz
1. Hes more believable
2. Doesnt have any superpowers whatsoever and still manages to get the job done
3. Stronger willed
4. Cooler costume wink
5. Batman is fallible in different ways because he has no powers and not just 'kriptonyte'
6. Bruce Wayne=pimp, Clark Kent=nerd
7. Batman is smarter
8. A better leader
9. Better looking cool
10. Batman uses fear as a weapon, whereas when we see Superman, we almost want to laugh. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

oh yea, and.

11. Batman= Dark Knight
Superman=Boyscout
u do the math.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Greeitngs.

1.Luv Batman
2.Stronger will 3.Better costume
4.Better looking
5. Believeability
6.Better fighter
7.Better tactician
8.The ability to size up his enemies and take up down
9.Cooler
10.Better movie franchise

NoFate007
1. He's Batman

He'd tell you the same, and you'd believe him lol.

WrathfulDwarf
I can't do this....see, I am a huge Batman fanboy. But I just can't think of Batman as cooler than Superman.

Superman is the Icon and father figure of DC Comics. I'm sure we all love Batman's dark side of fighting crime. There maybe reasons why Batman is coolest just like there are reasons why Superman is cooler.

braz
Originally posted by NoFate007
1. He's Batman

He'd tell you the same, and you'd believe him lol.

thumb up

Mr Parker
dont think I can come up with 10 reasons but heres a few.
1.Batman has all those cool gadgets.
2.the batmobile.
3.batman I could believe could possibly happen in some other world maybe,superman I never could because we are suppose to believe that just by him putting on his glasses we cant recognize him.never could get into superman because of that.
4.batman has way cooler villians
5.he is a playboy
6.He's got the batcave
7.His world is cooler.
Like i said,didnt think I could come up with 10 for ya but I DID give you 7. wink

bakerboy
1: more beliveble
2: cooler
3: gadgtes and vehicles
4: gotham is cooler and darker than metropolis
5: better suppoting characters
6: better villains
7: clark kent couldnt even get lois lane. Bruce wayne could get all the women that he wants
8: the costume is better.
9:batman is tortured and complex. Superman is too good.
10: better origin.

I like superman, but batman is the man. My favourite superhero with spiderman.

Kid Kurdy
Batman is more believable ? Batman isn't exactly the most realistic superhero ever.

Better looking ? Stronger will ??

Pretty lame arguments.

lorddreamer
And Clark Kent did get Lois Lane... go pic up a comic...
lmao how do you know that Batman is better looking? asked you mom or something? "mom, which one, Adam West, or George Reeves? ok thanks." stick out tongue
Batman is cooler because hes simply more badass. Also, hes less predictable. Although, sometimes Superman goes superfly too...

The Joker#1
There is only one reason that you need:

Batman has a credible disguise, Superman doesn't. A pair of glasses hides who he is?? Give me a break roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
Believability? ... yeah right.

It's way more likely for an alien to crash on earth and gain powers than it is for a human to be a master of every martial art, be a leading expert in almost every field of scientific study, fight people 100 times stronger than him ... and win, etc, etc....

What the f**k?

Batman is one of the least believable characters in comics.

WrathfulDwarf
It is more likely the following characters could happen:

Captain America
James Bond 007
Indiana Jones
Kingpin
Punisher
Iron Man
and of course Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Robin, and Huntress.

However characters like

The Hulk
Superman
Spiderman
Daredevil
Wolverine
The Joker, Green Goblin, and Bizzaro.

Aren't likely to actually become reality. How many times does a High School Geek get bitten by a radio active spider ands start to climb walls? Or how many blind men can get splash with chemical waste in their eyes and develop super senses? Or how in the world could a scientist become so strong by the cause of a Gamma Ray accident?

There is a realm of possibility in comics. Whether you guys like it or not there could be a bridget between reality and fantasy now or maybe in the future. Of course it will be a reasonable possibility.

Doc Ock
It's way more likely for an alien to crash on earth and gain powers

Yeah, because we've had so many experiences meeting aliens with super powers...............NOT!!

You find it unbelivable that a man with extreme wealth can study forensic and criminal science, study various martial arts, and study criminology??

Wow. But you can believe an alien can come here, look like a human being, have powers beyond belief, and believe that people are dumb enough not to see thru a pair of glasses as a disguise.

Hilarious.

Nonsense. He's one of the most believable there is. Human heros with no super powers are always the most believable.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by The Joker#1

Batman has a credible disguise, Superman doesn't. A pair of glasses hides who he is?? Give me a break roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well, thats true. But noone should even split hairs over that any more. I mean, every single time Bats is needed Bruce disappears. hmm.. credible...

Super Guy
And whoever put DD down as one of the most unlikely... no. His stories mare by far some ofthe most realistic in comics, and honestly... how is a radioactive isiotope blinding someone and that someone's other senses getting heightened (please note- his powers were awakened by the isiotope, the isiotope isn't the cause!) and that person fighting mobsters, crime lords and a guy who's a really, really good shot with anything less likely than a really, really stupidly smart guy making an indestructible hi-tech suit of armour which allows flight, firing some kind of hi-tech laser blast thingys, somehow mimics random pheremone senses, can allow thhe inhabitant to survive in space and so on who fights psychotic Japanese sorcerer voodoo psycho blokes who wield various alien rings of unkniown origin that can do a shit load of things, a load of robot freaks...
Yep,Iron man's trillions of times more likely than Daredevil...
roll eyes (sarcastic)

bakerboy
When i said the lois lane thing, i was talking about the movies, not the comics.

Batman isnt beliable, sure.But surely 100 more beliveble than people like superman or spider man. I could never believe in some alien with superpowers living like a human being , or in a tennager with spider powers because a radiactive spiders bit. Or in some guy with an super high-tech armor flying around. Or in mutants with incredible powers. Or in a guy becoming a big green monster of superhuman strenght after a gamma radiation. But a normal guy who has lost his parents in a murder, and becoming a a master of several fight stlyes and a detective master its a lot more credible. I could believe on it? nope. But surely tha it has more reality that other many superheros.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by lorddreamer
Well, thats true. But noone should even split hairs over that any more. I mean, every single time Bats is needed Bruce disappears. hmm.. credible...

Yeah, because he has soooooooooo many people staying in his mansion doesn't he. How does he keep making excuses to them when the bat signal lights?? wink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Joker#1

yep.Thats what I said earlier.Thats WHY I could always get into batman as a comicbook character and enjoy his comics and why i could never get into superman as a comicbook character or enjoy his comics. big grin

Mr Parker

Not EVERYTIME.thats why he has done things before like in the 60's show have Alfred dress as batman and be seen from a distance so they cant tell its NOT him and real quickly disappear into the batmobile and drive away while Bruce wayne is there to be seen in public by everybody.Bruce through his cleverness,has been known to do those things to throw the public off. wink Supes on the other hand,doesnt have that luxury of being able to fool people that superman and clark kent were in the same place at the same time. big grin Bats is definetly MUCH more believeable.

boomshakalaka
lol no one is cooler then the man of steal! lol

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Yeah, because he has soooooooooo many people staying in his mansion doesn't he. How does he keep making excuses to them when the bat signal lights?? wink

He doesnt always stay in the mansion dude, I'll go get you a scan if you like that proves that point. He often has to leave parties and such. I'm not saying that Batman is less believable, my point is just that it isnt fair to come down on Superman for being a little iffy when any average Joe could figure out that Bruce keeps dissapearing. Or every time Batman gets messed up, Bruce crashes his car. That one isnt as easy to spot, but look at Hush. He falls out of the sky and Bruce Wayne is on the front page for crashing his car. The guys who almost killed him ought to get an inkling, I think.

TANT
Originally posted by braz
1. Hes more believable
2. Doesnt have any superpowers whatsoever and still manages to get the job done
3. Stronger willed
4. Cooler costume wink
5. Batman is fallible in different ways because he has no powers and not just 'kriptonyte'
6. Bruce Wayne=pimp, Clark Kent=nerd
7. Batman is smarter
8. A better leader
9. Better looking cool
10. Batman uses fear as a weapon, whereas when we see Superman, we almost want to laugh. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

oh yea, and.

11. Batman= Dark Knight
Superman=Boyscout
u do the math.
agreed but i didt realy like batman begins

LORDSIDIOUS01
Batman is the best period. Please debate me on this more. Send me a private email so we can.

Mr Parker
He doesnt always stay in the mansion dude, I'll go get you a scan if you like that proves that point. He often has to leave parties and such. I'm not saying that Batman is less believable, my point is just that it isnt fair to come down on Superman for being a little iffy when any average Joe could figure out that Bruce keeps dissapearing. Or every time Batman gets messed up, Bruce crashes his car. That one isnt as easy to spot, but look at Hush. He falls out of the sky and Bruce Wayne is on the front page for crashing his car. The guys who almost killed him ought to get an inkling, I think.

I already addressed that how Batman can always use Alfred to dress as Batman and drive off in the Batmobile while Bruce is still there showing how Batman and Bruce can be at the same place at the same time.Batman can use tricks like that to throw people off.Superman even for a comic is just too dorky to believe.That were suppose to believe that NOBODY can look at Clark with his glasses on and not be able to figure it out that he looks exactly like superman is just too absurd to believe.

bakerboy
Good points, mr parker.

Surely, the batman stuff is pretty unrealistic, but still more realistic than many and many other superheroes. And surely far more realistic than superman. I always find absurd the fact of because some glasses and different hair style, the people arent capable on reconigzing him.

One of the biggest contribution of Chris Reeve to the superman mithos was his clark kent. In the comics, clark kent isnt as nerd as he is in the movies, but reeve added some things to the clark character to do him more different than the superman persona. And i think that it was brillaint and worked very well.

batdude123
Originally posted by Scoobless
Believability? ... yeah right.

It's way more likely for an alien to crash on earth and gain powers than it is for a human to be a master of every martial art, be a leading expert in almost every field of scientific study, fight people 100 times stronger than him ... and win, etc, etc....

What the f**k?

Batman is one of the least believable characters in comics.

Right, because we all know it's so much more believable that an alien coming from another galaxy that when exposed to yellow sun radiation, can see on a subatomic level, fly faster than light, move planets about, stop energy beams with his chest, can generate ice with his breath, and can shoot laser beams out of his eyes. What the f**k?

lorddreamer
Originally posted by batdude123
Right, because we all know it's so much more believable that an alien coming from another galaxy that when exposed to yellow sun radiation, can see on a subatomic level, fly faster than light, move planets about, stop energy beams with his chest, can generate ice with his breath, and can shoot laser beams out of his eyes. What the f**k?

Actually, considering that its not impossible to have aliens, its not impossible for all that... if you consider it.
Listen, if your best freind had to use the bathroom every time he saw some symbol in the sky, wouldnt you get suspisious? Now, obviously, Bat's best freind is on his side, but still. People would definitly notice after a while. It's just not feasable!! Clark's identity is obviously like a window, but still, tell me Bruce's is that much better!!! Alfred is not always around, btw

bakerboy
Actually, considering that its not impossible to have aliens, its not impossible for all that... if you consider it.
Listen, if your best freind had to use the bathroom every time he saw some symbol in the sky, wouldnt you get suspisious? Now, obviously, Bat's best freind is on his side, but still. People would definitly notice after a while. It's just not feasable!! Clark's identity is obviously like a window, but still, tell me Bruce's is that much better!!! Alfred is not always around, btw

I cant believe that you posted the first part of your argument in a serious way. If you did it, you have some mental issues.

All the things in comic books are totally unveliable, they are comic books, fantasy. They are fanastic and unveliable in some some way. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But batman is one of the least unveliebles in comic books.

batdude123

Dude, just stop.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by bakerboy
I cant believe that you posted the first part of your argument in a serious way. If you did it, you have some mental issues.

All the things in comic books are totally unveliable, they are comic books, fantasy. They are fanastic and unveliable in some some way. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But batman is one of the least unveliebles in comic books.

Actually, that was meant as a joke. But sarcasme is so hard to see through words like that. But now that I think about it, I may have been on to something... stick out tongue

Obviously Batman is more believable that Supes or Green Lantern, etc... All I'm trying to say is that its not totally concievable.

Bat Dude
10 Reasons

1. His origin is way better than Supes, Bats' is so much deeper

2. His motivation: Batman is Batman because he made a vow to his parents, Superman is Superman because he decided to be a good guy.

3. Intelligence: Batman can solve the most difficult of puzzles and can hack into computers with ease, Superman can barely solve the daily crossword puzzle in the newspaper.

4. Rouge's Gallery: Batman villians are much more interesting and have deeper origins and motivations than Superman villians

5. Batman can beat pretty much anyone, with some prep time, with his mind or fists, Superman has to rely on his powers every time.

6. Gadgets: Batman has "those wonderful toys" that make him cool

7. Badass factor: Batman creeps through the shadows to stalk criminals, looking badass doing it, Superman just flies around in broad daylight looking like a ***

8. Believability: Batman is human and just more believable, and people can relate to him, especially if you've lost a loved one.

9. Better Movie: Batman Begins did a hell of a lot better in terms of reviews then Superman Returns, and in my opinion, Batman 1989 > Superman: The Movie (no offense to Christopher Reeve R.I.P. or Marlon Brando R.I.P.)

10. Batman: The Animated Series > Superman: The Animated Series

Mr Parker
all very great points.those are pretty much the same reasons why I have always enjoyed batman as a comicbook character and why I never could get into superman besides the identity thing.

dave_kodak
batman_wave

bakerboy
Actually, that was meant as a joke. But sarcasme is so hard to see through words like that. But now that I think about it, I may have been on to something... stick out tongue

Obviously Batman is more believable that Supes or Green Lantern, etc... All I'm trying to say is that its not totally concievable.

I understand you. Sarcasme its hard to writte, specially in a forum. In an story of your own is way easier. I know it very well because i use the sarcasme very usually in my life.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by bakerboy
I understand you. Sarcasme its hard to writte, specially in a forum. In an story of your own is way easier. I know it very well because i use the sarcasme very usually in my life.

Wait a minute. Are you being sarcastic?

Batman > Superman for one reason: Way more badass. Plus, I think Bats has taken Supes down more times than the vice versa...

bakerboy
Nope, i wasnt being sarcastic in my last posts. But usually, i use the sarcasm in my posts.

FistOfThe North
I could not find not 1 reason, honestly.

Mr Parker
Wait a minute. Are you being sarcastic?

Batman > Superman for one reason: Way more badass. Plus, I think Bats has taken Supes down more times than the vice versa...

I dont think that superman could take batman down without killing him so he couldnt have taken him down before. confused batman has quite a few times though with kryptonite.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I dont think that superman could take batman down without killing him so he couldnt have taken him down before. confused batman has quite a few times though with kryptonite.

I know of like two occasions maybe - scans Ive seen, where Supes strangles Bats or something of that nature... Not strangles him, just holds him out by the throat.

The Joker#1
Superman is the man of steel, but his greatest villain is just a normal guy erm

lorddreamer
^ mmm just a normal guy? I beg to differ... Luther is a genius of global proportions... And he doesnt just like, slap him. He always cooks up elaborate schemes.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Superman maybe the man of steel, but he is too easily beaten.

Doc Ock
That's one reason why I didn't like SR much. Luthor was a boring villain.

Supes needs a villain who can give him some physical challenge, and not be so camp and over the top with a silly female sidekick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.