Epic Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799949/

I saw the trailer last night. ****.

WrathfulDwarf
Uh-kay, now this is getting absurd.

These are the same guys from Date Movie. Which coincedently are the writters for Scary Movie 5.

I don't know who green lights these projects. Whoever is doing it is killing the spoof genre.

Strangelove
Shit. This movie will be shit. Just like Date Movie was shit, and just like all four Scary Movies were shit. Because the Wayans brothers are not funny

WrathfulDwarf
The Wayans have move onto funnier films like White Chicks and Little Man and....

*short pause*

Yep, you're right.

BackFire
Another movie with people falling down and cat's talking and wiping their ass.

Quality comedy coming our way.

The Core
Spoof genre's been dead for a while now. It's no surprise. Personally, I liked "Date Movie" a lot. I watched it again the other day on Cinemax HD. It kinda goes back to the old school spoof with silly innuendos and just outrageous humour, not too over the top a la "Not Another Teen Movie". It was flat in parts, but I thought the good outweighed the bad.

As far as "Epic Movie" goes, I've seen 2 trailers. My hopes aren't high for it, as the writers also penned "Spy Hard", my least favorite Leslie Nielsen movie, but I'll sttill give it a look when it hits DVD. Honestly, it couldn't be much worse than "Scary Movie 4", which I didn't think was terrible.

Strangelove
The 'spoof' genre is not dead...look at Shaun of the Dead. The Wayans Brothers are just making a mockery of it. Spoof movies that are smart will never be out of style

forumcrew
you guys realize the wayans brothers arnt the ones behind epic movie? They stopped at Scary Movie 3. SM 4, date movie, and epic movie are not them.

You have:
Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer to blame.

The Core
Originally posted by Strangelove
The 'spoof' genre is not dead...look at Shaun of the Dead. The Wayans Brothers are just making a mockery of it. Spoof movies that are smart will never be out of style

"SOTD" was a parody, chockful of homages. There's a huge difference between parody and spoof, though. Spoofs just don't sell well anymore.

The Core
Originally posted by forumcrew
you guys realize the wayans brothers arnt the ones behind epic movie? They stopped at Scary Movie 3. SM 4, date movie, and epic movie are not them.

You have:
Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer to blame.

2, actually. Zucker did 3.

Strangelove
Originally posted by The Core
"SOTD" was a parody, chockful of homages. There's a huge difference between parody and spoof, though. Spoofs just don't sell well anymore. Come to think of it, you're right. Never mind

Wolfie
I'll give any spoof movie a try. The trailer has a couple funny parts. I'll see it before judging.

The theme of this one is obviously trying not to get any "Scary Movie 3 was crap because it spoofed 8 Mile" comments. They can spoof pretty much whatever they want in this and no one will argue against whether or not it belongs.

The Core
I was always opposed to keeping the whole "______ Movie" title after the Wayans dropped it, but it's what made the franchise its money. Kids wouldn't know who Jerry or David Zucker were, anyway. That said, it is getting old, using it for every spoof that makes it to theatres.

Ultraman Baltan
I want to see it. The Scary Movies were hilarious. That Superman part made me laugh.

calvinjames
epic movie looks terrible

WrathfulDwarf
Holly Friggin Shit! I just saw the trailer of this film. It looks even far worse than Date Movie. The minute they're spoofing Snakes on a Plane they practically shot themselves on the foot. Seriously, it's just too retarded. I'm sorry but this looks like it was made by a group of mentally challenge 6th graders.

I don't have to wait till December 31, 2007 for the worst movie of the year list. Without a doubt this will be the WORSE movie of the year. It takes the whole cake.

Solo
They're trying to spoof Borat? Seriously?

calvinjames
another thing that really bothers me,they are slagging off the king of slag off movies which is borat,thats like if american dad slagged of south park its not right

AstroFan
I love how they include spoofs of things that arent in the genre they spoof. roll eyes (sarcastic)

WrathfulDwarf
It's practically mentally challenge.

The Beaver talks and the girl kicks it....WTF this is not comical it's just retarded.

The Core
Suffice to say, everything in the trailer doesn't always make it into the movie. In the "Date Movie" trailer, they showed Alyson Hannigan with a "grill", which wasn't in the theatrical version.

(There was a talking beaver in "Chronicles of Narnia", which is the movie in which this one is rooted, for what it's worth.)

Strangelove
Originally posted by AstroFan
I love how they include spoofs of things that arent in the genre they spoof. roll eyes (sarcastic) same here

Impediment
I agree with Wolfie that I'll watch any silly spoof/satire movie, since I'm so easily amused by cheap potty/toilet humor. I hated Date Movie and Not Another Teen Movie, so my expectations aren't too high for Epic Movie.

JDFE
The jack sparrow part looks funny.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Impediment
I agree with Wolfie that I'll watch any silly spoof/satire movie, since I'm so easily amused by cheap potty/toilet humor. I hated Date Movie and Not Another Teen Movie, so my expectations aren't too high for Epic Movie.

I thought "Not Another Teen Movie" was awesome, actually.

masterkit
I want to see it because they are finally making fun of movies that i like.

.Dance_Inside.
yeah I actually thought 'Not Another Teen movie' was funny
this one looks alright
I hope it is better than 'Date Movie' and 'Scary Movie 4'
those were awful.

Dusty
Wow. Okay. Not seeing this.

SnakeEyes
I have been dissapointed with most recent spoof movies. I thought Scary Movie was decent, but not that good. I didn't like Scary Movie 2. 3 and 4 were also decent in my opinion, but also not that good.

Never saw Date Movie, and don't have that much of a desire too.

This one looks equally bad.

I mean, I only saw like, 2 semi-epic movies they were trying to spoof. The rest is just pop culture.

~Flamboyant~
They should make a "Spoof Movie" and make fun of themselves. I'd go see that.

WrathfulDwarf
No surprises here...the critics are butchering the film. thumb up

boomshakalaka
Originally posted by The Core
Spoof genre's been dead for a while now. It's no surprise. Personally, I liked "Date Movie" a lot. I watched it again the other day on Cinemax HD. It kinda goes back to the old school spoof with silly innuendos and just outrageous humour, not too over the top a la "Not Another Teen Movie". It was flat in parts, but I thought the good outweighed the bad.

As far as "Epic Movie" goes, I've seen 2 trailers. My hopes aren't high for it, as the writers also penned "Spy Hard", my least favorite Leslie Nielsen movie, but I'll sttill give it a look when it hits DVD. Honestly, it couldn't be much worse than "Scary Movie 4", which I didn't think was terrible.

*applauses Stranglove*
DAMN SIKIPPY!

Strangelove
Originally posted by boomshakalaka
*applauses Stranglove*
DAMN SIKIPPY! ....that wasn't meOriginally posted by Dusty
Wow. Okay. Not seeing this. seconded

InnerRise
I want to see this movie. I'll wait for DVD or TV though.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Kram3r
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It's practically mentally challenge.

The Beaver talks and the girl kicks it....WTF this is not comical it's just retarded.

I agree. Seriously I was so full of rage when I saw the trailers for this that my head almost exploded. I seriously have no idea how they got the green light for this. It's looks like the most absolute biggest pile of crap ever. I hate these stupid spoof movies. It's just not funny. I'm still fuming over Scary Movie 4. I seriously did not laugh once.

Wolfie
Actually, the joke is that she keeps doing it.

"Ahh, it's a talking beaver!" *kicks*
"We've met before...."
"....I know."

The redhead is supposed to be the ditsiest of the bunch.

If you couldn't tell by that, I saw Epic Movie today. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would've. It's on par with Date Movie, IMO.

spidey-dude
if anyone saw it today. was it good ?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by spidey-dude
if anyone saw it today. was it good ?

No....It's horrendous. The worst were those stupid subtitles.

spidey-dude
the comercial looked kinda funny

Grimm22
After Scary Movie 3, these movies have been awful.

Then again Scary Movie 2 was just as bad

Here's hoping, that 'Superhero' can bring back the genre, considering its been in production for about 3 years now

Wolfie
How has Superhero been in production for three years when Zucker finished Scary Movie 4 last year?

The Core
By the time "Superhero!" is even released, it'll be irrelevant. We're already scraping the bottom of the barrel for the stupid genre as it is.

SnakeEyes
Epic Movie still looks like shit, to me.

Never saw Date Movie and I'm not sure if I'll ever see this one.

From the trailers, it just looks like a mess of a film, using the most basic slapstick humor to make audiences laugh; nothing clever whatsoever.

And not to mention a serious lack of "epic" movies that their spoofing. Since when is Borat an epic film? Or Paris Hiltion, for that matter?

Wolfie
Borat was in five seconds, same with Paris Hilton.

Do you cast aside an action movie if it has some jokes in it? No, it's not supposed to be pure action. Spoofs don't have to stick to one genre from start to finish.

Epic Movie, for the most part, was just spoofing The Chronicles of Narnia.

allofyousuckkk
i went in expecting epic movie to be as dumb as date movie, so i wasnt dissapointed

the little jokes made me laugh hysterically, such as the mimicking

however, some jokes were way too dragged out, such as the kribs thing

3 out of 5 stars

Wolfie
Yeah, my friend had to explain the Kribs joke to me later. Though I thought it made me chuckle how he has widescreen TVs everywhere. "Even on top of her head when she's down... shining my hooves."

G U I T A R
I saw the movie Friday the first day it came out and all I got to say is RETARTED! Thank god I didnt have to pay or I woulda been bumbed, There were some funny parts but other then like those 2 scenes I was just wishing the movie would end, they need to start making better movies then trying to re-creating versions of movies and making fun of them, they need to just to make their own funny movie...atleast I wouldnt be bored with it.

Captain Maynard
Originally posted by Strangelove
Shit. This movie will be shit. Just like Date Movie was shit, and just like all four Scary Movies were shit. Because the Wayans brothers are not funny

Funny Wayans movie

http://imdb.com/title/tt0095348/

G U I T A R
White Chicks = Ownage

dirkdirden
only spoff type movie I liked was not another teen movie so I'm not going to watch this holyest of all shit.

Thorinn
I saw like 20 minutes of this movie last night, and then I walked out.

InnerRise
I would never walk out of a movie.

See no point.

I'd watch this movie, but I'll wait for TV as usual.

I'm especially curious as to what they do with STORM/Halle Berry

I saw a brief glimpse of the character in the trailer and some spinning I think. It seemed kind of funny if I'm remembering correctly.

Dusty
For the people who went to see it and thought it sucked:

What did you expect?

Kram3r
Originally posted by Dusty

What did you expect?

Agreed. I say you're asking for it.

Wolfie
Originally posted by InnerRise
I'm especially curious as to what they do with STORM/Halle Berry

I saw a brief glimpse of the character in the trailer and some spinning I think. It seemed kind of funny if I'm remembering correctly.
Nothing. Wolverine gets a line or two, same with Magneto. Rogue uses her power against someone that made fun of her hair. Mystique did quite a bit.

Cyclops and Storm kinda just stood there.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Wolfie
Nothing. Wolverine gets a line or two, same with Magneto. Rogue uses her power against someone that made fun of her hair. Mystique did quite a bit.

Cyclops and Storm kinda just stood there. I was afraid of that. Disappointing indeed.

spidey-dude
worst comedy movie ever

Grimm22
How has Superhero been in production for three years when Zucker finished Scary Movie 4 last year?

Who knows? confused

Maybe some kind of voo doo magic?

vintageSW77
you get about 4 good gags in these kind of flicks but seeing as they last 90 mins thats not much to laugh about

Having said that i think SM3 is the best of a bad bunch
I liked Leslie Niellsens "get me the president" line
that always cracks me up

Strangelove
Originally posted by Dusty

What did you expect? Originally posted by Kram3r
Agreed. I say you're asking for it. Seconded

WrathfulDwarf
I can't believe this was number one at the box office. wow.

wuTa
I can, if Batman And Robin can make it to Number 1 at the box office, any movie can.

FistOfThe North
i wanna watch "Epic Movie" just to see how God awful a movie can get. I probably won't make it all the way through the movie with how friken dumb it looks but I'll give it a shot.

The movie looks pathetic, retarded and just stupid as hell. I thought "Date Movie" sucked hard but this one looks like it blows hard. And i knew it would become 1# in the box office, too. But don't worry, it's about to become the #1 Razzie award collector in history, as well.

Aizen
The more money movie gets...the more movies like that will appear....

Wolfie
Originally posted by wuTa
I can, if Batman And Robin can make it to Number 1 at the box office, any movie can.
Batman & Robin was highly anticipated though. When it came out, Batman movies were huge and people wanted to see another one. It just bombed.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i wanna watch "Epic Movie" just to see how God awful a movie can get. I probably won't make it all the way through the movie with how friken dumb it looks but I'll give it a shot.
That's flawed reasoning.

FistOfThe North
Batman & Robin was highly anticipated though. When it came out, Batman movies were huge and people wanted to see another one. It just bombed.

That's flawed reasoning.

How so.

vintageSW77

Morning_Glory
this movie looks like crap

FistOfThe North
This may turn out to be the worst comedy ever. I mean. I feel just awful and pissed knowing that this movie was made and exists and that it was #1 at the box office.

Ughh..

Yuna_And_Tidus
My friends said this was one of the worst movies ever, so that basically means I won't be going to see it.

grim92
i think you people take funny movies too serieously. i might go see this weekend.

Blaxican
You don't understand, it's not funny; at all. I saw it. Biggest waste of two hours ever. Date Movie was okay. This... this movie is an abomination.

snowultra
if its worse than date movie, i thank you for the heads up. date movie was beyond stupid to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.