10 dimensions... where would these characters rate?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kutulu
Try to watch the following link, and think about what it means in terms of hyperstime, hyperspace, etc..

http://www.tenthdimension.com

Then place a dimensional value on the following beings, or in otherwords if you were going by the animation, what dimension that they would primarily exist within.

*) Silver Surfer (has time travelled before)
*) Franklin Richards
*) Superman One Million, who has punched through time
*) Gog from Kingdom that travelled back in time to kill Superman
*) Kosmos / Beyonder / Molecule Man
*) Waverider
*) A Celestial
*) Universe 616 Eternity
*) Mad Jim Jaspers after creating his own universe
*) Omniverse Merlin
*) Parralax
*) Classic Ion
*) Extant
*) Abraxas
*) Mr. Myxy
*) Spectre
*) Great Evil Beast
*) Living Tribunal
*) Lucifer Morningstar
*) Tenth Dimensional Imp that attacked Mr. Mxy
*) TOAA
*) Marvel and DC brothers

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Kutulu
Try to watch the following link, and think about what it means in terms of hyperstime, hyperspace, etc..

Then place a dimensional value on the following beings, or in otherwords if you were going by the animation, what dimension that they would primarily exist within.

*) Franklin Richards
*) Waverider
*) A Celestial
*) Universe 616 Eternity
*) Omniverse Merlin
*) Parralax
*) Classic Ion
*) Extant
*) Abraxas
*) Mr. Myxy
*) Spectre
*) Great Evil Beast
*) Living Tribunal
*) Lucifer Morningstar
*) TOAA

I cant see the animation, is this some ridiculous link to string theory ??

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Prof S.T.I.
I cant see the animation, is this some ridiculous link to string theory ??

Yeah. You need a download to view it, but I browsed through the text version.....it's just string theory for dummies. Most of it didn't even resemble scientific definitions of the 10-dimension theory of strings that I've read.

So, um, Surfer's a line. Because, um. He's very "line-ish".

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not sure what we're supposed to be doing here.
confused

ExtraMision5555
my arms, head and chest just exploded

Kutulu
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah. You need a download to view it, but I browsed through the text version.....it's just string theory for dummies. Most of it didn't even resemble scientific definitions of the 10-dimension theory of strings that I've read.

So, um, Surfer's a line. Because, um. He's very "line-ish".

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not sure what we're supposed to be doing here.
confused

It's Macromedia Flash 8... a pretty common format for viewing items. All you have to do to start it is click on the macromedia link (2nd down) and it starts playing.

I thought it pertained, because using what it talked about explains the universe / multiverse / omniverse / hypertime ideas that occur within both Marvel and DC.

It's true that it's not the full scientific explanation of string theory, but I thought that the way it was animated put in layman's terms explanations of what some DC characters like Ion and some Marvel characters like Omniversal Merlin have talked about.

Weyoun
It's Macromedia Flash 8... a pretty common format for viewing items. All you have to do to start it is click on the macromedia link (2nd down) and it starts playing.

I thought it pertained, because using what it talked about explains the universe / multiverse / omniverse / hypertime ideas that occur within both Marvel and DC.

It's true that it's not the full scientific explanation of string theory, but I thought that the way it was animated put in layman's terms explanations of what some DC characters like Ion and some Marvel characters like Omniversal Merlin have talked about.

Read the cosmic landscape by By Susskind it explains things a little better.

Kutulu
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
my arms, head and chest just exploded

When you look at scans like this:
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beyonderandmmbattleagainbp6.jpg
and
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beyonderandmmbattlesagain2rv5.jpg

they imply a multidimensionality similar to what was presented within the flash animation. I'll see if I can dig up a non-flash link.

----edit---

Google video link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4280922161474483340&q=tenth+dimension&hl=en

You might have to turn up the sound a little.

Weyoun
This isn't really a Vs. thread moderator is it?

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Weyoun
Read the cosmic landscape by By Susskind it explains things a little better.

Alright again, you clever little minx ? Your only 17 and you know about string theory aswell ! eek! Did you know that Ellis based the evil Suzanne Richards in Planetary on Susskind ?

Weyoun
Alright again, you clever little minx ? Your only 17 and you know about string theory aswell ! eek! Did you know that Ellis based the evil Suzanne Richards in Planetary on Susskind ?

No I didn't, Warren based Suzanne on Leonard Susskind.... Wow!!

Prof S.T.I.

I thought it pertained, because using what it talked about explains the universe / Multiversity / Omni verse / Hyper time ideas that occur within both Marvel and DC.

Hyper time : The Quantum universe many worlds theory, proposed by Stephen Hawking

The Multiversity as seen in Crisis of Infinity worlds: 3 Dimensional Branes floating in 10 Dimensional space

Multiversity = All the Branes together

Omni verse = Hyper time and Omni verse together.

Problem solved !

Weyoun
Hyper time : The Quantum universe many worlds theory, proposed by Stephen Hawking

The Multiversity as seen in Crisis of Infinity worlds: 3 Dimensional Branes floating in 10 Dimensional space

Multiversity = All the Branes together

Omni verse = Hyper time and Omni verse together.

Problem solved !

I'd say pretty good, you're very quick Prof.

Prof S.T.I.
I'd say pretty good, you're very quick Prof.

Yes .... I studied at Multiversity ! no expression

DigiMark007
Interesting premise I guess. My brain just hurts thinking about it.

Prof S.T.I.

Weyoun

Weyoun
Yes .... I studied at Multiversity ! no expression

Genius!!!! Wow no wonder you are the Prof.

Yes it's very clever isn't it.

Prof S.T.I.

Lets just say i have a very vivid imagination, And i hate characters that u cannot justify with pseudo scientific explanation.

Weyoun
Lets just say i have a very vivid imagination, And i hate characters that u cannot justify with pseudo scientific explanation.

Brilliant Prof. I feel like Rose Tyler to your Doctor.

Prof S.T.I.
Brilliant Prof. I feel like Rose Tyler to your Doctor.

And I feel like Hawksmoore to youre Jenny Sparks !!!!

Nighty Nite !

ExtraMision5555
Theoreticly, the Living Tribunal defies any attempt at a an accurate (if even only for the sake of being analigous) scope of the 10 dimensions.
Normally, an object traveling in any dimension should adhere to Founders law of acceptability. The law states that no one object can run jointly (key word) withinn a given universe if this object itself cannot claim to be one entity. We all know that the living tribunal although theoreticly unified, still harbors a trinidad of sorts.

Thus defying the first law of acceptability. Secondly, the LT does cannot exist in either dimension without calling into the question the validity of Franc St. Flauchstraut's idea on Existance. Now although by existance i am aware he was not reffering to the state of ones being, but rather the state of ones actual consciousness (and the LT would qualify in that regard), if we were to speculate what this might appear as in ANY given dimension, we would also have to call into question things such as PAURONS (hypothetical entities alltogether). And if you werent aware, PAURNONS are the only hypothetical substance that does NOT adhere to any sort of singularity. Thus, using backwards logic, the LT would also bypass singularity, invalidateing it all together.

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Theoreticly, the Living Tribunal defies any attempt at a an accurate (if even only for the sake of being analigous) scope of the 10 dimensions.
Normally, an object traveling in any dimension should adhere to Founders law of acceptability. The law states that no one object can run jointly (key word) withinn a given universe if this object itself cannot claim to be one entity. We all know that the living tribunal although theoreticly unified, still harbors a trinidad of sorts.

Thus defying the first law of acceptability. Secondly, the LT does cannot exist in either dimension without calling into the question the validity of Franc St. Flauchstraut's idea on Existance. Now although by existance i am aware he was not reffering to the state of ones being, but rather the state of ones actual consciousness (and the LT would qualify in that regard), if we were to speculate what this might appear as in ANY given dimension, we would also have to call into question things such as PAURONS (hypothetical entities alltogether). And if you werent aware, PAURNONS are the only hypothetical substance that does NOT adhere to any sort of singularity. Thus, using backwards logic, the LT would also bypass singularity, invalidateing it all together.

The L.T. works as a giant Quantum computer, which transcends the rules of Time and Space IMO

Endless Mike
They're all two - dimensional, because they're drawings on paper.

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Slow Clap !

Kutulu
Originally posted by Endless Mike

It mentions two dimensional beings in that Beyonder / Molecule Man scan posted earlier. Good stuff.

guy222

*) Franklin Richards
*) Waverider
*) A Celestial
*) Universe 616 Eternity
*) Omniverse Merlin
*) Parralax
*) Classic Ion
*) Extant
*) Abraxas
*) Mr. Myxy
*) Spectre
*) Great Evil Beast
*) Living Tribunal
*) Lucifer Morningstar
*) TOAA

i post a reply later
good thread

living tribunal just went a lil higher on the cosmic hierarchy smokin'

Thanos_THOTU
*) Franklin Richards
*) Waverider
*) A Celestial
*) Universe 616 Eternity
*) Omniverse Merlin
*) Parralax
*) Classic Ion
*) Extant
*) Mr. Myxy
Power varies: 1-10) Spectre
6) Abraxas
5) Tenth Dimensional Imp that attacked Mr. Mxy
4) Lucifer Morningstar
3) Living Tribunal
1-2) Great Evil Beast
1) TOAA
0 (If pre-retcon) Marvel and DC brothers

It's hard to judge, try to find a tier

guy222
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
*) Franklin Richards
*) Waverider
*) A Celestial
*) Universe 616 Eternity
*) Omniverse Merlin
*) Parralax
*) Classic Ion
*) Extant
*) Mr. Myxy
6) Abraxas
4) Lucifer Morningstar
3) Living Tribunal
1-2) Great Evil Beast
1) TOAA

my fave the brothers i have four smokin'

Weyoun
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
*) Franklin Richards
*) Waverider
*) A Celestial
*) Universe 616 Eternity
*) Omniverse Merlin
*) Parralax
*) Classic Ion
*) Extant
*) Mr. Myxy
6) Abraxas
4) Lucifer Morningstar
3) Living Tribunal
1-2) Great Evil Beast
1) TOAA

Tenth Dimensional imp and he is given 5 dimensions by you, um, what does his name tell you?

breeze85
He isn't talking about the amount of dimensions here. It seems like he has just made a ranking of their power level.

Living Tribunal has, at least, passed judgements straight from his 16-dimensional dome. I don't know how many dimensions are there in Marvel, but he is said to exist in all of them. Anyway, he is at least 16-dimensional.

Weyoun
Originally posted by breeze85
He isn't talking about the amount of dimensions here. It seems like he has just made a ranking of their power level.

Living Tribunal has, at least, passed judgements straight from his 16-dimensional dome. I don't know how many dimensions are there in Marvel, but he is said to exist in all of them. Anyway, he is at least 16-dimensional.

What do you think a dimension is? I'm interested.

Kutulu

Where would you base Living Tribunal as being 16 dimensional? He could accomplish all that he currently accomplishes and has accomplished in the past by being 9 dimensional.

Weyoun
Where would you base Living Tribunal as being 16 dimensional? He could accomplish all that he currently accomplishes and has accomplished in the past by being 9 dimensional.

I don't think you understood Prof STI or Digimarks comments. Let alone my own.

Kutulu
One thing I realized upon viewing the flash animation, is that Marvel would basically be all within one tenth dimensional boundry, same for DC, each one would be a tenth dimensional object. To see there are other omniverses would imply that there exists 13 dimensions at least based upon that premise within the comic book worlds.

Here are where I would rank the characters based upon the flash animation:

5th dimensional - reasons being that he has time travelled before to the past, and then come back to the future, which would imply ability to move along the 4th dimensional line. He has also mentioned being able to travel to anywhere he's been before, including pocket universes, and the realm of Chaos and Order for example. This would place him as having the potential to be 5th dimensional, but having only barely tried to use that potential.

*) Franklin Richards
6th dimensional - he has travelled to a timeline world where his unborn sister grew up and saw her, even though she died in the current timeline. This would place him firmly in the able to go to and see alternate realities that are disassociated with the Marvel 616 timeline.

6th dimensional - able to punch through the wall of time while in a weakened state, to a reality which may have not been the same timeline from which he came from and existed within. To top it off has inheritance from imps within his blood making him extradimensional in nature. 6th dimensionality is the most he has demonstrated of his powers; his true power may be beyond that.

6th dimensional - was able to travel back in time and kill Superman over and over. In the process of doing so though he would have altered his future, which which would really mean that he was hopping into another dimension (alternate timeline) in order to do so.

8th dimensional - They were able to travel outside of Eternity / Infinity (outside of our known universe) and travel into the beyonderverse which exists outside of space and time. True Beyonders would be 9th dimensional.

*) Waverider
7th Dimensional - able to travel to any alternate timeline within the DC Universe.

*) A Celestial
Unknown.... if they are advanced cosmic cubes, then it would imply they are related somehow to the true beyonders, which would imply 9th dimensionality. They haven't demonstrated any such ability however. This may or may not be due to self-imposed limits placed upon their physical bodies; their true forms may be more powerful. They do seem to exist in all realities throughout the multiverse however.

*) Universe 616 Eternity
7th Dimensional. Contains all possibilities for one universe.

*) Multi-Eternity that houses 616 Eternity:
10th dimensional. Contains all possibilities of all universes.

7th dimensional being, possibility of expanding into 8th dimension.

*) Omniverse Merlin
Was demonstrating knowledge of the tenth dimension, possibly higher. Shown to operate within 9th dimensional boundries as he was freely able to move between actualities. Hinted at being more, since he was aware of there being multiple multiverses throughout the omniverse.

*) Parralax
Demonstrated powers of 8th dimensions. Capable of creating / destroying universes and travelling backwards and forwards in time.

*) Classic Ion
I would say 8th dimensions. To a higher degree of power than Parralax. Similar to how not everybody is created equal, both Ion and Parralax were capable of operating within 8th dimensional boundries, but classic Ion was clearly above Parralax.

*) Extant
8th dimensional, maybe 9th dimensional?

*) Abraxas
9th dimensional, and a powerful 9th dimensional being at that, as he was affecting infinite universes at the same time.

*) Living Tribunal
10th dimensional. Able to preside over the multiverse and recreate a universe with but a snap of his fingers, still exists under TOAA and still apparently has limits, as shown when Thanos absorbed him with the HOTI and showed that there were alternate multiverses outside of the multiverse which contains universe 616. Maybe even 11th dimensional, but he has his limits although they seem to be above multi-Eternity.

Seemingly they would each be ten dimensional points, so being able to exist on the same plane would imply that they were 12th dimensional beings.

guy222

No one is above the LT save God that simple
smile

rougeredmage
how about some dc charcters i am thinking

Mister E and the
Phantom stranger

how do you think they fit into this 10 dimentional thingy majg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.