HOSTEL -or- SAW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kaztiyo
SAW-gore, torture, blood, serial killer, games

saw was totally something new and so far has a good ending i cant wait for saw 4

HOSTEL-gore, torture, blood, kiddnaping, naked girls.

Hostel was the best thing that happened to me, to be hones, before i even watched the movie i criticized because i tough it was a cheap copy of Saw but watching it was an unique experience i hope Hostel 2 is as good as the first one i hope eli roth doesnt dissapoint me i wish the movies keeps the same mood

who do you think is the best franchise?

http://groups.myspace.com/moviediskussion

Wolfie
I wouldn't call Hostel a franchise yet as Part 2 hasn't even come out yet.

Anyway, I hated Hostel but really liked the Saw movies so I'll go with Saw.

Solo
Hostel wasn't trying to be anything. It wasn't trying to be smart, it wasn't trying to be original, it wasn't trying to be genre defining. Frankly, I thought it was quite a lot of fun.

Whilst Saw was very boring, and awfully pretentious.

StinkFist462
the first two Saw's were ok. i havent seen the 3rd but i hear nothing but bad things.

now we'll see if Hostel takes the same path or not.

(for the record, Hostel>Saw)

calvinjames
saw 3 was horrible,i liked hostel and think eli roth wont let us down

BackFire
The Saw movies are lame. Incredibly overrated.

Hostel was a sound horror film, with a huge heart and enough talent to make it work.

For a mainstream film it was very daring and brave.

StarsNeverFall7
Hostel was good, but wasn't up to par with Saw as some may disagree with.

On the other hand though, Saw 4 with its set release date of October 26th 2007 isn't being written by the same people who wrote the first three. The franchise was only supposed to last for three movies but due to popular demand they were desperate to make a fourth and got different writers, so its most likely a safe bet to say the franchise will be horribly ruined.

Dinalfos
The third Saw movie kind of redeemed the franchise for me, as the first two were pretty bad. It ain't no masterpiece, but it's watchable.

Hostel was just plain terrible, though.

vintageSW77
Hostel

xblanex
hostel didnt really appeal to me that much

WrathfulDwarf
Hostel>Saw

MildPossession
Not too keen on either 'series' but would rather watch the Saw movies again over Hostel.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Loved both films but Hostel is a lot violent and better.

kaztiyo
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Hostel was good, but wasn't up to par with Saw as some may disagree with.

On the other hand though, Saw 4 with its set release date of October 26th 2007 isn't being written by the same people who wrote the first three. The franchise was only supposed to last for three movies but due to popular demand they were desperate to make a fourth and got different writers, so its most likely a safe bet to say the franchise will be horribly ruined.

i agree with you with thing you said about not written by leigh whannel i mean how could they do that he is The Creator of saw the Father of jigsaw

Anyways so far (Including my pesonal vote):

Hostel:8
Saw:2

saw is definitly my favorite movies but i vote for hostel because its definitly the best Horror Movie Ever Made(judging by the story and not the quality)

pumas79
horror? please! i wouldnt even consider it a horror film, its a sick and fun film but i wouldnt call it horror, to me a horror film is something that has influences and characters that arnt human, Jaws isnt considered a horror movie but it has people being eaten and shit.
Hostel is just about people being assholes to other people, just like SAW.

kaztiyo
Originally posted by pumas79
horror? please! i wouldnt even consider it a horror film, its a sick and fun film but i wouldnt call it horror, to me a horror film is something that has influences and characters that arnt human, Jaws isnt considered a horror movie but it has people being eaten and shit.
Hostel is just about people being assholes to other people, just like SAW.

well based on my experience horror ganre can be described as alien, predator, any zombies movie, is that what you mean?
nah for me horror movies are, devils rejects/house of 1000 corpses, texas hainsaw massacre, hostel, saw, your mum's mirror, if you think that theese movies about people killeng or kidnaping others arent horror then in what genre do you categorize my previous movies?

Caribbean_Chick
Hm well Saw movies started off smart, now they seem to be trying to make money off one film, though the gore is pretty good. Hostel doesn't have much of a plot and the gore isn't all that great either, considering the great crew, it depresses me. But these days that's the good you'll get out of movies of that genre, annnnd I guess I'll go with Saw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.