Yaoi or Yuri

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kradsdarkangel
This is probably lame but i was just wondering what people like best.

Do you like Yaoi or Yuri better?

Mine is defo Yaoi i dunno were i would be with my yaoi. smile

Symmetric Chaos
odd topic

I go with Yuri

Bardiel13
...AND SO THE EPIC BATTLE FOR SUPERMACY BEGINS...

I go with Yuri.

King Kandy
Yuri.

Kuchiki
Yaoi!!

Kradsdarkangel
Originally posted by Kuchiki
Yaoi!!

Yay!! finally onther Yaoi fan

WrathfulDwarf
It's been awhile since we've had one of these discussions. So I'll let it stand. Do please explain your reasons so that we can have more of a discussion.

Kradsdarkangel
I just wanted to see how many people liked yaoi and yuri mainly to see which of them is most popular is all.

Kuchiki
Originally posted by Kradsdarkangel
Yay!! finally onther Yaoi fan
Yay! happy

Well, I prefer yaoi over yuri because i think it's hotter when two guys are together droolio. Well...I guess I'd prefer yaoi over yuri...not all that sure why, but yuri doesn't seem too apealing to me, a girl.

Lana
I say both. I don't necessarily prefer one over the other.

Takiko_4ever
more for Yaoi ^^

Chrnoebl
I don't want to seem rude.But isn't yaoi gay anime?
I'm gonnaassume so since most the guys gowith yuri and the females go with yaoi.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Chrnoebl
I'm gonnaassume so since most the guys gowith yuri and the females go with yaoi.

yup big grin

technically both are gay anime

I would watch nonhentai yaoi though (not everything about gay guys is sex related)

Lana

Yaoi is guy/guy, yuri is girl/girl. Yaoi comes from the phrase 'yama nashi, ochi nashi, ichi nashi' which more or less translates to 'no peak, no point, no problem'. Yuri originally comes from the Japanese word for lily. In the US the terms are generally only used to describe the hentai spectrum of things, though there's obviously more to it than just hentai.

Gregory

You'd think so, but I'm a guy and I prefer nonexplicit yaoi to yuri. In fact, yuri doesn't interest me at all. I'm not sure why (and that isn't an invitation for anyone to speculate about my sexuality, so don't bother), but I have a simple theory. People identify with characters who are similar to them; men identify with male characters more easily, women identify with female characters. To enjoy a story, I must be able to identify with the characters, and therefore a story with an all-female cast is at a natural disadvantage.

Well, it's why I think I prefer yaoi. Since yaoi is aimed at women, I'm not sure it holds up as a general theory.

Kradsdarkangel

Yay! happy

Well, I prefer yaoi over yuri because i think it's hotter when two guys are together droolio. Well...I guess I'd prefer yaoi over yuri...not all that sure why, but yuri doesn't seem too apealing to me, a girl.

Not that i hate Yuri its just i like yaoi more its like guys like yuri and girl like the yaoi kinda weird but both are good smile

Chrnoebl
So Loveless is Yaoi.
I wish I knew that before I rented it.

Hidden Lotus
yaoi

Kradsdarkangel
So Loveless is Yaoi.

Hehe its not that bad the only thing u might not like might be the kissing AWWW SO CUTE!! big grin

Chrnoebl
Two guys kissing isn't cute, but girls on the other handcowboycowboyNo gooddivadivaVery good

Hidden Lotus
amen

Chrnoebl
Technically is this Yaoi or just an accident?

Symmetric Chaos
not yaoi at all

unless Wrathful or Raz blocked your image with the one i see

Chrnoebl
Hey it was the picture of Naruto and Sasuke kissing.When they were in class at the beggining of the series. Was that against any rules? If so sorry angel

Symmetric Chaos
I don't think its against the rules (some one has it in a sig) but I guess you tried to hotlink it you need to use the upload button

I think i've seen that and it was accidental (unless its from some doujin)

Bardiel13
So Loveless is Yaoi.

There's some yuri later on.

Chrnoebl
Originally posted by Bardiel13
There's some yuri later on. Oh!droolio

Kuchiki
I find it funny how the majority of people voted 'Yuri', Yaoi has 6 votes and Yuri has 1.

Lana
I don't like the poll for the sheer fact that it assumes someone likes one better than the other. I like yaoi much more than yuri when I was younger but right now, I like both equally.

Kradsdarkangel
I find it funny how the majority of people voted 'Yuri', Yaoi has 6 votes and Yuri has 1.

Yea i can c what u mean

Shroons
yaoi!!!

Symmetric Chaos
fantastic

Emperor Ashtar
Tony Yoai for the win.

Wild-Cherry
I love both, but prefer Yuri smile

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
odd topic

I go with Yuri

I have to say I argee with you!jm wink

Lord Ryugen
A bit of an odd topic, but meh. I don't really mind either so long as it fits with the character and the story but I think what's going to happen is that you'll get a majority of guy's saying they prefer Yuri and a majority of girls saying they prefer Yaoi. A generalisation I know but that doesn't make it any less true.

TricksterPriest
As far as hentai, yuri for sure. Anime and plot wise? Can't stand either of them. I find the plots to be innane, cliched and bland. Like Saiyuki or a few others.

there are some good ones like FAKE, but overall, I'm not really impressed with the genres.

StyleTime
Overall, I don't mind either one.

It's a pity the poll forces you to pick one.

Wild-Cherry
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
A bit of an odd topic, but meh. I don't really mind either so long as it fits with the character and the story but I think what's going to happen is that you'll get a majority of guy's saying they prefer Yuri and a majority of girls saying they prefer Yaoi. A generalisation I know but that doesn't make it any less true. Im a girl, with a bf, but yuri for sure in my book flirty

yaoi is quite alright too smileOriginally posted by TricksterPriest
As far as hentai, yuri for sure. Anime and plot wise? Can't stand either of them. I find the plots to be innane, cliched and bland. Like Saiyuki or a few others.

there are some good ones like FAKE, but overall, I'm not really impressed with the genres. I love the plots for Strawberry Panic! and Kannazuki No Miko, but its true that many plots are complete bs.

I also really like Gravitation's story though. smile

HPfreakJoy
Originally posted by Tatsumaki

Yay! happy

i agree...
& also.. because YAOI is AWESOME... eek! big grin
& to me, yuri... umm.. idk. i'm not against anything, but it doesn't appeal to me either...

ninjawarrior
HMMMM.. I CHOOSE NEITHER, I'M NOT REALLY INTO GAY ANIME

midnightshadow
i love yaoi, i even see hints of it in anime and manga that arnt realy yaoi. ive never watched yuri but it hasnt realy appealed to me.
i dont know what the appeal is to either yaoi or yuri, maybe its the unconventional romance aspect. i love things like gravi and fake.
i know that its not the object of this forum but im finding it hard to find yaoi anime/manga can someone give me some titles.
pretty please big grin

Dear
Yaoi of course ^.^ <333 yay, I would die without it +_+'

Dear
i know that its not the object of this forum but im finding it hard to find yaoi anime/manga can someone give me some titles.
pretty please big grin

Hm, You read "The Day I Become A Butterfly"? by June, this writer's all about yaoi, XD super cute mangas! teheh big grin

SasuSaku
I like hetero! big grin

Wild-Cherry
Originally posted by Dear
Hm, You read "The Day I Become A Butterfly"? by June, this writer's all about yaoi, XD super cute mangas! teheh big grin I've actually read a tiny bit of hers big grin They are very cute wink

Originally posted by midnightshadow
i love yaoi, i even see hints of it in anime and manga that arnt realy yaoi. ive never watched yuri but it hasnt realy appealed to me.
i dont know what the appeal is to either yaoi or yuri, maybe its the unconventional romance aspect. i love things like gravi and fake.
pretty please big grin ooh Fake was good smile

Originally posted by SasuSaku
I like hetero! big grin Thats always good stick out tongue

I prefer Yuri. <3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.