Return Of Nate Grey In Comics 2006!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HarmoNiC FLo
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/1206/WHATIFAOA_cov.jpg

Anyone have the issue? i'm gona buy one ASAP!

Martian_mind
Isn't it 2007?

DigiMark007
Woot.

Way to not ruin the surprise for the entire forum.

no expression

King_Mungi
It's a What If story, nothing more.

It was like what if Professor X and Magneto were killed to that regard.

HarmoNiC FLo
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Isn't it 2007? It came out the 27th of december 06

HarmoNiC FLo
Originally posted by King_Mungi
It's a What If story, nothing more.

It was like what if Professor X and Magneto were killed to that regard. Sadly, thats all we got.

HarmoNiC FLo
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Woot.

no expression Dont know what you mean?

King_Mungi
WHAT IF? X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE
Written by Rick Remender, pencils by Dave Wilkins, cover by Marko Djurdjevic.

What if Legion killed Magneto and Xavier? With no leader to create any incarnation of X-Men to resist the onslaught of Apocalypse, the new world is a horrific finalized vision of Apocalypse's dream. On the dawn of the twenty-year anniversary of the murders of Magneto and Xavier, we follow a small group consisting of Earth's remaining heroes, led by Nate Summers as they stage a final offensive in an attempt to escape this twisted reality altogether.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Dec. 20.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
Dont know what you mean?

I just have a pet peeve about announcing stuff in thread titles. I usually don't mind, but a lot of people enjoy finding things out on their own rather than having announcements and/or big comic moments spoiled in thread titles (like the recent "Death of Thanos" thread I closed, as not everyone has read Annihilation #4 yet).

Weyoun
Woot.

no expression

Do people know what "spoiler tags" are here.

thedude1948
Originally posted by Weyoun
Do people know what "spoiler tags" are here.
How is this a spoiler? He is on the cover of the issue.

The comic wasn't that bad, but really wasn't that good, I didn't like the characterization of Nate in this book too much (but I never liked it that much either in the original AOA and early X-Man comics, so I guess he stays true to his character somewhat). I did like the cameo's in the book (and I won't spoil those wink ). It's worth a look if you enjoyed the original AOA I guess...

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by thedude1948
The comic wasn't that bad,
Besides that Wolverine killed Namor and Cap one shoted Juggernaut with Thor's hammer... stick out tongue

thedude1948
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Besides that Wolverine killed Namor and Cap one shoted Juggernaut with Thor's hammer... stick out tongue

lol... yeah that was pretty bad.

"V"
I have all of the V5 what ifs?

AoA
Deadly Genisis
Enemy of the State
The Other
Dissasembled

They're ok, nothing to write home about though.

HarmoNiC FLo

The comic wasn't that bad, but really wasn't that good, I didn't like the characterization of Nate in this book too much (but I never liked it that much either in the original AOA and early X-Man comics, so I guess he stays true to his character somewhat). I did like the cameo's in the book (and I won't spoil those wink ). It's worth a look if you enjoyed the original AOA I guess...

Thank you! Nate is on the freakin cover i doubt i'm revealing anything people dont already know if they visited a comic store.

DigiMark007

Actually, it is. I can only get to my comic shop about once a month, and the comic obviously hasn't been out for that long. And I'm not even concerned for myself so much as I am the forum in general, with many members who have to wait even longer periods of time before they receive comics that we can have months prior. Just because a comic's been out for a week doesn't mean everyone who wants to read it, already has.

And would it really hurt to name a thread "AOA Announcements" then have the Nate stuff inside?? That way, it's the best of both worlds.

I'm just asking for a little tact.

willRules
Actually, it is. I can only get to my comic shop about once a month, and the comic obviously hasn't been out for that long. And I'm not even concerned for myself so much as I am the forum in general, with many members who have to wait even longer periods of time before they receive comics that we can have months prior. Just because a comic's been out for a week doesn't mean everyone who wants to read it, already has.

And would it really hurt to name a thread "AOA Announcements" then have the Nate stuff inside?? That way, it's the best of both worlds.

That's a good point and the reason I don't go on the Spider-man forum anymore. I collect Astonishing Spider-man the British version of the American comics reprinted about 2 or 3 years later at a much, much better value for money. (3 American issues to 1 issue of Astonishing at the price of 2 half pound for those who are interested in getting them)

The catch is because it is so far behind, it's hard to avoid future spoilers sad

Roldz
I got this issue last week, not very good mind you thats my opinion..

DigiMark007
Originally posted by willRules
That's a good point and the reason I don't go on the Spider-man forum anymore. I collect Astonishing Spider-man the British version of the American comics reprinted about 2 or 3 years later at a much, much better value for money. (3 American issues to 1 issue of Astonishing at the price of 2 half pound for those who are interested in getting them)

The catch is because it is so far behind, it's hard to avoid future spoilers sad

My point exactly. Assumptions that everyone ahs the same access lead to this sort of thing.

And yeah, I'm supposed to be the mod for the Spidey forum, and I only really visit it when it shows up in the reports because of the same reason.

...in the scheme of things, Nate Grey isn't too important, thus I left this thread un-edited. But some of the more overt ones I try to hush up before people start getting angry.

Ichigo66666
Digi made A typo "ahs" I must hold this against him forever!

Ye, it isn't like a shock return, just a What If.

HarmoNiC FLo

You're saying, to say that Nate Grey is back is a spoiler? what is the spoil? Nate is a dead character..you think someone was waiting for him to never return and i SPOILED it for them? haha

I mentioned nothing about him but his return which nate fans would care about if they followed nate...if they dont care then its definitely not a spoiler.

I agree sometimes in other forums someone might say "spider-man loses his powers!" but that is a continuing storyline and a dramatic thing happened...not something like a dead character such as x-man making a one-issue appearance 6 years after he was killed off..

id369

jasofisc
does anybody have any scans of the book

id369
I have the link for DL. To bad I cant post them here oh well. Happy Dance

Rewmac
it's only What If Age OF Apocalypse...

HarmoNiC FLo
You're saying, to say that Nate Grey is back is a spoiler? what is the spoil? Nate is a dead character..you think someone was waiting for him to never return and i SPOILED it for them? haha

I mentioned nothing about him but his return which nate fans would care about if they followed nate...if they dont care then its definitely not a spoiler.

I agree sometimes in other forums someone might say "spider-man loses his powers!" but that is a continuing storyline and a dramatic thing happened...not something like a dead character such as x-man making a one-issue appearance 6 years after he was killed off..

omfg pwnt

Priest
What the f**k?

DigiMark007
omfg pwnt

Awesome bump.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

...and yeah, it's a spoiler. Just like the return of anyone is a spoiler, since it's an event in comics that you're taking out of the readers' hands and deciding for them that they will find out, potentially losing a suspenseful reading experience.

For example: when "The Return" was first announced, if I had made a thread saying "Cpt. Mar-Vell returns!!" people would be angry. And maybe it's just because no one gives a rat's ass about Nate that no one but me became similarly incensed by your announcement.

Anyway, since you decided to act like a child by...i dunno...rubbing in some perceived "ownage" from months ago that I actually just forgot about because it wasn't even important, this is getting closed, which I should've done a long time ago anyway because of its content.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.