Aging

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
I'll never admit in my life, even imaginatively speaking, that I'll be old.

It terrifies me. It's my greatest fear I think.

I always said when I was younger that I'd like to die before I get and I still stand by this at age 19.

I'm already dreading my next Birthday, which is January 5th.

I'm dreading turning 20.

It's getting to that time where I'm just dreading my Birthdays now.

It just popped up on me.

I never imagined it to get like this but yeah.....

Even thinking to myself, I won't even imagine myself as an old person speak of a future where I'm old.

It just doesn't exist in my warped mind and I hope it never comes to fruition.

Typing this thread is hard enough, although I've been careful in my wording.

I understand aging and dying, but why can't we just age to a certain extent, like 20 for example, and just stay that age physically on the outside and continue to age in other ways where we can remain youthful looking?

I pray and pray frequently that Scientists and Researchers will discover a cure for this disease known as Aging.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Nellinator
You are not experiencing anything that is uncommon to humanity. However, why is it that you fear becoming old?

Kinneary
Yeah, who doesn't want to be arthritic and senile?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Nellinator
You are not experiencing anything that is uncommon to humanity. However, why is it that you fear becoming old?

Just being in those facilities that care for Old People, creep me the freak out.

Seeing the state that some of them are in is so sad and I always try and imagine them as a little kid and then seeing where they are at that point is so depressing.

It's like, did you ever imagine that this would be you in this catatonic state?

They can also be so nasty and dirty, b/c they're unable to care for themselves.

They seem like different people to as well. I always try and imagine this old person as themselves as 20, 30 and so forth and I just can't see it. They seem so different and I just can't imagining morphing into such a person that isn't myself.

The wrinkly skin, becoming less than you were, unattractiveness, being crippled.....it's just so many things that come along with being old.

I just can't COMPREHEND it.

And I stand in shock when I hear people say they want to be old.......I can't compute that.

Being old simply isn't a good thing in my opinion. It's sad and depressing and ugly.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Nellinator
Originally posted by InnerRise
Just being in those facilities that care for Old People, creep me the freak out.

Seeing the state that some of them are in is so sad and I always try and imagine them as a little kid and then seeing where they are at that point is so depressing.

They seem like different people to as well. I always try and imagine this old person as themselves as 20, 30 and so forth and I just can't see it. They seem so different and I just can't imagining morphing into such a person that isn't myself.

The wrinkly skin, becoming less than you were, unattractiveness, being crippled.....it's just so many things that come along with being old.

And I stand in shock when I hear people say they want to be old.......I can't compute that.

Being old simply isn't a good thing in my opinion. It's sad and depressing and ugly.

It seems to me that you fear being very old. Why are you afraid of turning 20 then? The health problems you are talking about usually only start to take place after 50.

InnerRise
It seems to me that you fear being very old. Why are you afraid of turning 20 then? The health problems you are talking about usually only start to take place after 50. I'm not afraid of turning 20 specifically, it's just the fact and the realization that I'm getting older.

And turning 20 and no longer being a teenager, which I've identified myself as for long, is a big thing for me and I'm not ready for that if ever.

It's the start of soon becoming 30 as well.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Nellinator
I personally don't think growing old will be that bad. Whatever age I am currently at will be all I ever want to be. Being young has its disadvantages as does old age. I look forward to the experience of aging.

calvinjames
growing olds cool,like you grow old and its cool

Rogue Jedi

not all people end up in homes. some are better off there, especially when they need 24/7 care.
as far as getting old and being afraid of it, come on. you are only 20, too young to worry about that. although i used to feel the same way.
as i watched my grandpa get on in years, he never became "the angry bitter old man." instead, he lived every day to the fullest, savoring every moment. he was just a big kid til the day he died at 90 years old. he knew it was inevitable, so he made the most of his time here. he got cancer twice, and he kicked its arse both times. to this day he is my hero and i miss him alot.
the key is to acept it. dont worry too much about it. have fun while you are here, marry the right guy, have beautiful babies and live each day as if it were your last.

calvinjames
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
not all people end up in homes. some are better off there, especially when they need 24/7 care.
as far as getting old and being afraid of it, come on. you are only 20, too young to worry about that. although i used to feel the same way.
as i watched my grandpa get on in years, he never became "the angry bitter old man." instead, he lived every day to the fullest, savoring every moment. he was just a big kid til the day he died at 90 years old. he knew it was inevitable, so he made the most of his time here. he got cancer twice, and he kicked its arse both times. to this day he is my hero and i miss him alot.
the key is to acept it. dont worry too much about it. have fun while you are here, marry the right guy, have beautiful babies and live each day as if it were your last.
live each day as it were your last ,then why are you on this site then?

Soul_less
You are still young and this is just nature. everyone gets old. everyone will die. but you can either choose to worry until that time comes, or you can fufill your dreams and make your ambitions come true.dont worry about getting old.

BackFire
This talk about homes reminds me of a point made in The Simpsons I found rather profound and enlightening while watching Season 9 DVD.

Homes aren't bad, it's like being a baby again, but now you're old enough to appreciate it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
InnerRise, you seem like a worrier, so you'll probably die young anyway.

Isn't it in The Shawshank Redemption that old Red says "Get busy living or get busy dying"? Either way, I choose living.

Ooo, that was almost Trainspotting.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
InnerRise, you seem like a worrier, so you'll probably die young anyway.

Isn't it in The Shawshank Redemption that old Red says "Get busy living or get busy dying"? Either way, I choose living.

Ooo, that was almost Trainspotting.

Why would you do a thing like that?

Also..wasn't Red...in PRISON?

Rogue Jedi
right. not too many worries in prison, other than being gang raped by the sistahs.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why would you do a thing like that?

Also..wasn't Red...in PRISON?

Because that's how I do, you know? That's how I do.

Yeah...Life Prison...hahahaha...'Life Prison'...hahahahaha!

Life Prison, Life Prison, Life Prison, Life Prison.

botankus
Originally posted by calvinjames
live each day as it were your last ,then why are you on this site then?

Nice.

PVS
i dont get it. what are we supposed to discuss?
poor you?

botankus
Thanks for keeping the Santa hat on your avi a few extra days after X-mas. I wasn't around to see it, but to remain on-topic, I've aged since then and now I appreciate it even more.

Bicnarok

Bardock42
Originally posted by calvinjames
live each day as it were your last ,then why are you on this site then? I'd spent part of my last day on this site.

ThePittman
You are only as old as you want to be wink

Bardock42
Originally posted by ThePittman
You are only as old as you want to be wink

Sure you have to say that, you are like 40.

xmarksthespot
The word ageing just looks weird spelt without an e. Then again it looks equally weird with the e.

I'll start worrying about ageing when I'm older.

Apparently the ears and nose continue growing throughout a lifetime.

Mindship
First of all, growing old is a privilege denied to many. Anyone who thinks they are guaranteed to live a long life...think again.

Secondly, if you were older (not "old," per se, just considerably past 20), you'd realize that while you may not have the "youthful energy" you once had, knowledge of self and being comfortable with life gets better. Unfortunately, you can't see this at the moment cuz you're currently afflicted with youth. But don't worry: you will likely outgrow it. wink

Thirdly, if you haven't already seen it, watch the movie Prelude to a Kiss. Both the old man AND the young woman make a good case for the advantages of being old. Or watch the end of Big, when Hank's gf is given the opportunity to "go back."

Oncewhite
You seem like u will spen ur 20s worried, which ages a person.

If u marry b/c u are beautiful, as u age, u will worry he will want someone younger and prettier

If u focus on ur character, and not only beautiful things in life, but also, the character of things in life, u will find that the mind is the most important. Many people get cancer, do u think they worry, end up in car accidents, I knew one lady who was so pretty, she never had a care in her life, got into a car wreck, her face was never the same, she is a recluse, she would always talk of the past, her blue eyes and nice skin....and even though she doesn't look that bad, she sure doesn't look as good as she did as no one would from that car accident, and she has aged as time went on, she lives her life in the past. Mainly b/c she didn't have to want for nothing,and people treated her very very well, and she use to tell me that she never knew how entitled she was until after recovering from the accident. I felt so much for her, I understand her pain, as I was overweight and noticed how people change as I gained or lost weight, it's so dramatic, but her situation was a bit much, as it's not easy to replace what she lost and it's effected how she views men. Her personality is still the same, she's still the same wonderful person, but she enjoyed a life that isn't there and that hurts her,and I feel something toward her for this. And my only advice to u is do not focus on beauty too much, u will see that living is more important. Even though this person is a recluse, she still wants to live.

Don't allow a man to worship u for ur looks, b/c looks fad.
Don't allow yourself to worship urself for ur looks, b/c u will be a ***** to be around,and as u grow older, will be that bitter old person know one likes around them.

Know that the generation of today is in better health then ever.

I have a strange story to tell you. I was driving down the road and saw an Asian lady crying her heart out. I stopped the car and asked if she was ok, she didn't stop, I told her that I need to call 911 if someone raped or attacked u, so tell me if this is what u need me to do. She was still crying, and I held her and told her I can't leave unless she can calm down or use my cell to get family to help out. She calmed down a bit, and she told me her husband is with a 19 year old. She kept crying, and said he's spent all their money on her. She kept crying. Although I am not a teen or in my lower twenties, my ex and I broke up, and he married a woman 20 years older then him and I. LOL, that hurt so much. I told her what if she was 49? The lady stopped crying and almost laughed, I said really, what if she was older, does that change what he is doing? She did cry a bit more after that, but the pain in her tears wasn't as intense.

Do not marry a man b/c he thinks u are young and pretty, although this does sooth the ego, it will make u insecure as u age, and if he marries u for beauty, when that beauty falls, and usually it will, he will itch and be angry, wanting that thing that is missing in his life, and will fly away or at least cheat his heart out.

Find a man who loves YOU, so that YOU will be secure in his decision and u will feel normal about aging.

The real issue here is rejection.

Oncewhite
ops, i can't edit, i told the lady, if the woman was 49 and not 19, would that be more painful or less painful, does it change the fact that he cheated? that's when she stopped crying as much and seemed to focus on the present.

i know it's cool to be worshipped and entitled and sought after, but if u keep things in perspective, u will enjoy life and have GOOD people around you, people in their 40s, u can tell the ones who use to be really hot, guess how they behave, they don't change, just the skin sags a bit, their character is still the same.

don't be bratty, and dont let a guy worship u for your looks, as looks do change, and when they do, u know the love is gone, b/c he only loved ur looks.

seek deeper meaning in life in urself and ur boyfriends...u'll see aging and life from a different perspective and may even look younger then the ones who seek entitlement and then fear aging so they age more b/c of worry...knowing one day, they won't be as celebrated.

drewbiefan
Oh i appear older a lot when i am actually in person (real life) but when it comes to being over here, i may be completely differentlaughing out loud
Many people that meet me tell me i am definitely older at heart, which i lovebig grin

ThePittman
Originally posted by Bardock42
Sure you have to say that, you are like 40. 35 to be exact old

botankus
Originally posted by drewbiefan
Oh i appear older a lot when i am actually in person (real life) but when it comes to being over here, i may be completely differentlaughing out loud
Many people that meet me tell me i am definitely older at heart, which i lovebig grin

Maybe it was my error, but I thought you were 16 a few weeks ago (attending university)? Now you're 19? eek!

InnerRise
Originally posted by Oncewhite
You seem like u will spen ur 20s worried, which ages a person.

If u marry b/c u are beautiful, as u age, u will worry he will want someone younger and prettier

If u focus on ur character, and not only beautiful things in life, but also, the character of things in life, u will find that the mind is the most important. Many people get cancer, do u think they worry, end up in car accidents, I knew one lady who was so pretty, she never had a care in her life, got into a car wreck, her face was never the same, she is a recluse, she would always talk of the past, her blue eyes and nice skin....and even though she doesn't look that bad, she sure doesn't look as good as she did as no one would from that car accident, and she has aged as time went on, she lives her life in the past. Mainly b/c she didn't have to want for nothing,and people treated her very very well, and she use to tell me that she never knew how entitled she was until after recovering from the accident. I felt so much for her, I understand her pain, as I was overweight and noticed how people change as I gained or lost weight, it's so dramatic, but her situation was a bit much, as it's not easy to replace what she lost and it's effected how she views men. Her personality is still the same, she's still the same wonderful person, but she enjoyed a life that isn't there and that hurts her,and I feel something toward her for this. And my only advice to u is do not focus on beauty too much, u will see that living is more important. Even though this person is a recluse, she still wants to live.

Don't allow a man to worship u for ur looks, b/c looks fad.
Don't allow yourself to worship urself for ur looks, b/c u will be a ***** to be around,and as u grow older, will be that bitter old person know one likes around them.

Know that the generation of today is in better health then ever.

I have a strange story to tell you. I was driving down the road and saw an Asian lady crying her heart out. I stopped the car and asked if she was ok, she didn't stop, I told her that I need to call 911 if someone raped or attacked u, so tell me if this is what u need me to do. She was still crying, and I held her and told her I can't leave unless she can calm down or use my cell to get family to help out. She calmed down a bit, and she told me her husband is with a 19 year old. She kept crying, and said he's spent all their money on her. She kept crying. Although I am not a teen or in my lower twenties, my ex and I broke up, and he married a woman 20 years older then him and I. LOL, that hurt so much. I told her what if she was 49? The lady stopped crying and almost laughed, I said really, what if she was older, does that change what he is doing? She did cry a bit more after that, but the pain in her tears wasn't as intense.

Do not marry a man b/c he thinks u are young and pretty, although this does sooth the ego, it will make u insecure as u age, and if he marries u for beauty, when that beauty falls, and usually it will, he will itch and be angry, wanting that thing that is missing in his life, and will fly away or at least cheat his heart out.

Find a man who loves YOU, so that YOU will be secure in his decision and u will feel normal about aging.

The real issue here is rejection.

I'm a male.

And people, it has nothing to do rejection or finding someone to be with.

It's completely about aging and just that. Nothing else.

the key is to acept it. dont worry too much about it. have fun while you are here, marry the right guy, have beautiful babies and live each day as if it were your last. I can't have babies personally. I'm a male.

But I'll keep what you submitted in mind.

Nellinator
I really look forward to kids and then grandchildren. It kinda gives me a sense of peace when I think about it smile

Oncewhite
I'm a male.

And people, it has nothing to do rejection or finding someone to be with.

It's completely about aging and just that. Nothing else.

I can't have babies personally. I'm a male.

But I'll keep what you submitted in mind.

I disagree. Beauty is associated with youth, and the fear of not looking good is felt in the fear of rejection.

And women, don't date or marry a man b/c he likes only your look or body...as when u age, he will replace u, as that Asian lady felt when she was crying her heart out, I thought she was going to die in her tears, she was at least in her late 40s. Again, if her husband married her just for her youth and beauty, she's over with, and she knew it. That's why he replaced her with a 19 year old.

I think most women know the deal.

And Innerrise, sorry to speak for you, but I doubt you have a pic of a young Asian girl b/c of her personality. It's her youth and what *you* associate with as beauty, it's just that simple, once those two are gone, the fear is in rejection. I doubt you would have a pic of a 40-50 year old woman of any race as an ideal to look at, so, looks is what allows someone to be accepted or rejected. It's about looks and the fear of being rejected as the beauty fades. Period.

Again, don't date or marry a man b/c he rewards you for your looks.

InnerRise
Once again I'm a M-A-L-E.

And yes your'e right...........YOU SHOULDN'T SPEAK FOR ME.

I happen to follow the career of the person in my Avatar and Signature and I'm very fond her whole being, her personality, her little quirks and all of that.

It's not all about the looks as you'd lead people to believe.

I'd appreciate it if you'd just stop attempting to speak for me.

I know where I stand.

Oncewhite
Once again I'm a M-A-L-E.

And yes your'e right...........YOU SHOULDN'T SPEAK FOR ME.

I happen to follow the career of the person in my Avatar and Signature and I'm very fond her whole being, her personality, her little quirks and all of that.

It's not all about the looks as you'd lead people to believe.

I'd appreciate it if you'd just stop attempting to speak for me.

I know where I stand.

I know you are male, my warning is to females. Again, I have NEVER seen a male honor a woman who is in her 40s-50s AND that wasn't considered "pretty" by current society standards, which means, looks rule, and so does youth...and as the youth fades, so does the appeal, as this is why very few men look "up" to older women as their muse. I don't doubt she is your muse, but if she were older and ugly or just older, I wonder if you would be able to apperciate all those wonderful "qualities" in her personality.

InnerRise
Oh my god.

Well I practically Worship Halle Berry and she'll be 40 this year.

And yes I have had her in my Avatar and Sig.

You need upgrade yourself.

There are plenty of beautiful woman 40 and above.

Once again you speak when you shouldn't.

I have the feeling that the only person you should be speaking for is yourself.

And you seem to have issues against men in general.

Maybe this will bring to light your problems and you can work on those b/c you seem to be venting off a lot in here on things when it isn't necessary with all these warnings to Women about Men and the such.

soin2cal
Originally posted by botankus
Maybe it was my error, but I thought you were 16 a few weeks ago (attending university)? Now you're 19? eek!

sorry you have gotten me wrong. No matter how old you are, you can always appear older. I may only be 14 but i can appear as an 17 year old. Not on paper i know, but people can treat you as thatage and see you as that. My mom and dad treat me like an adult because i act like one the majority of the time.stick out tongue
I am not 18/19, though no different to one at all. Surely you must get that? I did not say tht i am 18, i said very alike to one in appearance. Which should be a good thing saying as most younger ones do not seem to grown up ever confused

InnerRise
Originally posted by soin2cal
sorry you have gotten me wrong. No matter how old you are, you can always appear older. I may only be 14 but i can appear as an 17 year old. Not on paper i know, but people can treat you as thatage and see you as that. My mom and dad treat me like an adult because i act like one the majority of the time.stick out tongue
I am not 18/19, though no different to one at all. Surely you must get that? I did not say tht i am 18, i said very alike to one in appearance. Which should be a good thing saying as most younger ones do not seem to grown up ever confused So you look much older than you really are?

I don't know if you'll like it as much when you start getting much older and you look 30 something when you're really in your early to mid 20s.

Luckily I look much younger than I really am.

Just the other day, I was ID'ed to make sure I was 17 and old enough to make my purchase.

soin2cal
I do not look A LOT older than what i am nostick out tongue but maybe a couple of years older. I know one year can make a lot of difference in a persons maturity, but if you act olderly anyway, you can pass with being just like an older person.
Though i do see what you are saying, i may enjoy being 30, but will soon want to stay younger, like 20s. Being 22 is still young, i can do the same things as a person that age, i probably do not need to waste me life awaysmile I am basically saying that, appearing older is good for me because i am above that level now, of being so immature like most 16-17 yr olds are. For example, swearing in front of little kids, when you are out, or acting so childish. I only act childish in arguments sometimes, which really isnt being very immaturelaughing out loud
Yes i would love to be 20, but i do not realise, i will not stay 20, so i probably show realise that young is better than oldlaughing out loud
Well i would see it as being good if you appear older because you act older. I am not meaning anyone above 18 here. I mean those that are younger than 18, but are seen as no different to an 18 year oldstick out tongue There is simply no differences at all between me and my friend which is 18laughing out loud
Basically, i am happy that i am not always so immature like most others are around my age. Is that not a good thingbig grin?
I will not go ito this too much again as people get me wrongstick out tongue But to cut the story short, no one understand what i am meaning. It is nice to be thought proud of because you are very different to most others around your agebig grin
Oh age is just age, no one cares about it, if you act mature, like anyone, you are seen mature, that is greatbig grin
sorry:

InnerRise
Ummm.................................okay............................... ermm

Too much material for me to work with in that one and I don't care to make another enemy just yet. closedeyes

soin2cal
big grinbig grinbig grin
I am just plainly a confusing person at times laughing out loud
When i try explaining something that i am, people get confused laughing out loud I think you already know by now my character thoughstick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Not a lot of people reach old age.

Just live and enjoy it till is over.

Oncewhite
Oh my god.

Well I practically Worship Halle Berry and she'll be 40 this year.

And yes I have had her in my Avatar and Sig.

You need upgrade yourself.

There are plenty of beautiful woman 40 and above.

Once again you speak when you shouldn't.

I have the feeling that the only person you should be speaking for is yourself.

And you seem to have issues against men in general.

Maybe this will bring to light your problems and you can work on those b/c you seem to be venting off a lot in here on things when it isn't necessary with all these warnings to Women about Men and the such.

I have no issues against men. I just observe and speak based on what I observe, and even if you do worship Halley Berry, even if she is very pretty, I don't really relate with people like that no matter what race they are, she has more in common with other models of different or same races then the common person...either way, it doesn't matter to me, I don't identify with her. I have the pic of Storm up b/c I like the character from X-men, has nothing to do with race or Halley Berry, I liked Storm before I knew she was a black female character, but really, she isn't alwasy black, she's been drawn in various body shapes and races or at least skin color and hair color throughout the decades.

But anyway, I was really trying to comfort others who seemed down about aging but was side tracked...the real issue imo is in aging which is associated with the fading of beauty, which is asosicated with being alone or not as celebrated. It's only my opinion.

InnerRise
Oh My. I just put an example out there to show you that there actually are older beautiful women and you go into this whole thing about Halle Berry's Race and then about models and then about the X-Men Character Storm and her race and her whole history and................etc..........and..................whatever..........and.......... closedeyes

Wow.

Take a breather.

If that wasn't the largest "Side Track" in history I don't know what was.

How old are you actually?

You're beginning to sound like Drewbiefan.

Nellinator
A question for you InnerRise. Do you look forward to anything that you can experience in your later years?

InnerRise
A question for you InnerRise. Do you look forward to anything that you can experience in your later years? Can't think of anything.

Not really much for me to look forward to.

Besides aging, I'm also just plain fearful of my future and if I will fulfill my goals and become anything of worth or fail.

But no. I don't see anything to look forward to in my later years, if I make it that far.

Kinneary
Sorry to get distracted, but that just blew my mind.

Storm was white at one point?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Kinneary
Sorry to get distracted, but that just blew my mind.

Storm was white at one point? funny

Just realized a new day has begun and this will also be the last day of my Teenage Life.

weep

Nellinator
The teenage years are way overrated. You just haven't experienced anything else. I can understand a little bit of fear because I experienced the same thing when I transversed from high school to university and my future was no longer layed out for me, but ultimately my fears were meaningless. Life is only made worse by worrying about trivial things such as age.

The Wishmaster
I worry about getting older, I think we all do. I worry about getting old because it's one step closer to death, which does scare me. I think it's natural to be afraid of getting older, just as it's normal to be afraid of dying.

soin2cal
I was not wishing my life awaymessed
I said i am proud that i can appear older. Rather than like the rest of people at my age, immature. I am different and proud. You got what i said wronglaughing out loud people assume i want to be 30, then will want to be young again, MAYBE, however, i want to be 19, even though i will not stay that. I ca be like a 19 yr old now, that is the good part of it, so i do not need to be 19 if i act itbig grin I am happy being quite young when i can appear older, so i am not acting like an 11 yr old!

botankus
I am not 18/19, though no different to one at all. Surely you must get that? I did not say tht i am 18, i said very alike to one in appearance. Which should be a good thing saying as most younger ones do not seem to grown up ever confused

confused1confused1confused1confused1 Anybody catch the number of that truck? confused1confused1confused1confused1

soin2cal
sorrystick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue
Do you guys not take in what i ever say:lol;?
As long as you all see me as like an older person, that's okstick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue

botankus
sorrystick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue
Do you guys not take in what i ever say:lol;?
As long as you all see me as like an older person, that's okstick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue

Sounds good to me. You changed your name, so I'm going to use that as an excuse. stick out tongue

soin2cal
LOL laughing out loud Oh maybe a different kat now that i have a new namelaughing out loud
Nice onebig grin And of course a good excuselaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudstick out tongue

JacopeX

I always said when I was younger that I'd like to die before I get and I still stand by this at age 19.

I'm dreading turning 20.

It just popped up on me.

Even thinking to myself, I won't even imagine myself as an old person speak of a future where I'm old.

I understand aging and dying, but why can't we just age to a certain extent, like 20 for example, and just stay that age physically on the outside and continue to age in other ways where we can remain youthful looking?

I pray and pray frequently that Scientists and Researchers will discover a cure for this disease known as Aging.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka..... I'm sorry but thats ridiculous. And I don't mean your fear. you see, its the way the body works and if you have phobias of the human body or how it t is really works, ask for help because that is really serious. I am very very aware its the way the human body works and I'm fine with being an old wrinkled man. I rather live than not be alive at all.

InnerRise
Originally posted by JacopeX
I'm sorry but thats ridiculous. And I don't mean your fear. you see, its the way the body works and if you have phobias of the human body or how it t is really works, ask for help because that is really serious. I am very very aware its the way the human body works and I'm fine with being an old wrinkled man. I rather live than not be alive at all. Ummmmmmmm..........Where is this "fear of how the body works" fiasco mumbo jumbo coming from? huh

I think what I'm afraid of is pretty clear and laid out in plain sight.

Don't make it more than it really is. erm

soin2cal
messed

InnerRise
Really tired of that smiley. Really. no expression

It has happened people.

I'M OLD!!!!!!!!!! (Back To The Future Reference)

Nellinator
Happy birthday!! However, apparently it isn't that happy for you. Do you really feel different though. Does a day on the calender truly change your life?

Oncewhite
Happy birthday!! However, apparently it isn't that happy for you. Do you really feel different though. Does a day on the calender truly change your life?

Well, I think that most don't care about the number, as much as the aging process that happens on the body, could be wrong, but I bet if we stayed the same youthful age as 16, it wouldn't be such a dread.

I think a great book or movie to see is the "sin of Dorian Grey", by Oscar Wilde, a british writer, great movie, about a man who sold his soul to the devil to stay the same age. So, while his friends would come by 20 years later to see him, they looked old but he looked the same age, the only sin is that the mirror in his home would always reveal his true decaying age. It's a great movie, if we don't age, we die, so aging is good, all we can do is take care of ourselves, not become too bratty about our youth so that when it's gone we don't miss it that much, and don't stress out as this ages us, and be kind to others...

Oncewhite
Well, I think that most don't care about the number, as much as the aging process that happens on the body, could be wrong, but I bet if we stayed the same youthful age as 16, it wouldn't be such a dread.

I think a great book or movie to see is the "sin of Dorian Grey", by Oscar Wilde, a british writer, great movie, about a man who sold his soul to the devil to stay the same age. So, while his friends would come by 20 years later to see him, they looked old but he looked the same age, the only sin is that the mirror in his home would always reveal his true decaying age. It's a great movie, if we don't age, we die, so aging is good, all we can do is take care of ourselves, not become too bratty about our youth so that when it's gone we don't miss it that much, and don't stress out as this ages us, and be kind to others...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086315/

InnerRise

I think a great book or movie to see is the "sin of Dorian Grey", by Oscar Wilde, a british writer, great movie, about a man who sold his soul to the devil to stay the same age. So, while his friends would come by 20 years later to see him, they looked old but he looked the same age, the only sin is that the mirror in his home would always reveal his true decaying age. It's a great movie, if we don't age, we die, so aging is good, all we can do is take care of ourselves, not become too bratty about our youth so that when it's gone we don't miss it that much, and don't stress out as this ages us, and be kind to others... "IF we don't age we die."??????????????

Thanks.

No, I feel the same, but I still know I'm a year older and that's enough realization for me.

Oncewhite
"IF we don't age we die."??????????????

yeah, age is part of LIFE, well, AGE is Life, if you aren't aging in number, you are dead. So, in essence, aging is the key to living, without it, you don't live.

if you think being 12 is the best age, then after that, you want to die to preserve the beauty of what you think is best at age 12, then, that's it, the timer stops ticking after you die, so, if age 12 is all you want, then that's all you get. If age 18 is all you want, then that's what you get. If age 69 is all you want, then that's what you get. People tend to WANT to live, sometimes, even if they are sick, abused, outcasted, etc. People tend to want to live, poor or rich. Pretty or ugly...we all want to live and aging is a vital part of living!

InnerRise
yeah, age is part of LIFE, well, AGE is Life, if you aren't aging in number, you are dead. So, in essence, aging is the key to living, without it, you don't live.

if you think being 12 is the best age, then after that, you want to die to preserve the beauty of what you think is best at age 12, then, that's it, the timer stops ticking after you die, so, if age 12 is all you want, then that's all you get. If age 18 is all you want, then that's what you get. If age 69 is all you want, then that's what you get. People tend to WANT to live, sometimes, even if they are sick, abused, outcasted, etc. People tend to want to live, poor or rich. Pretty or ugly...we all want to live and aging is a vital part of living! Umm...........No, it's not what you get.

Just b/c somebody wants something, doesn't mean they get it.

Especially in this case.

And how far can you go into a topic and change and distort it before you get back on topic. erm

And if ALL wanted to live there wouldn't be a such thing as SUICIDE. no expression

Oncewhite
Umm...........No, it's not what you get.

Just b/c somebody wants something, doesn't mean they get it.

Especially in this case.

And how far can you go into a topic and change and distort it before you get back on topic. erm

And if ALL wanted to live there wouldn't be a such thing as SUICIDE. no expression

I was speaking metaphorically, not literally.

And I still feel the real issue is the fading of youth when aging, not the numerical age itself.

Watch the movie The Sin of Dorian Gray, it's great and get's to the heart of aging.

When I see an older person, I see a surviver, not someone who is to be disrespected or ugly...I see someone who could be very wise and has the inner beauty that may have been cultivated in time, not always the case, some are bratty even after the skin sags and hair thins and wrinkles are everywhere, their spirit is the same as they were when things were all in place, and it shows in their behavior....but there are good people in this world who age well, and have gained beauty in character.

InnerRise
Well of course it's more than just about the NUMBER itself.

That goes without saying.

That's like saying being fat is more about the size than the actual numerical value on the scale.

It's just goes without saying.

This thread is just about my fear of getting old and all of the things that come with it and there's nothing anybody can say to make me LOOK FORWARD TO IT or ACCEPT IT.

Oncewhite
Well of course it's more than just about the NUMBER itself.

That goes without saying.

That's like saying being fat is more about the size than the actual numerical value on the scale.

It's just goes without saying.

This thread is just about my fear of getting old and all of the things that come with it and there's nothing anybody can say to make me LOOK FORWARD TO IT or ACCEPT IT.

stress ages people very fast, that's why i try not to judge people based on youth or age...because some of the nicest people may not have had a good life, so they look old and tired, and some of the nicer looking ones can easily be the ones giving people hell. Either way, both the youthful aged ones and the stressed aged ones, both eventually age, no matter what, so eventually, the one who worships himself or herself all day in the mirror will have to argue with the mirror as time goes by, unless time stops.

if you cultuvate your life in other areas, such as the spirit or the intellect, the look of beauty is second hand and won't hurt as bad as time goes by.

i can't give you a nice word to help you along, i looked older most of my life via stress. so even when i was in my teens, most thought i was at least 30, can u image being in a youth culture and you look 20 years older then your peer group, never get dates, never have too many friends...and as I aged, many people thought I was lieing, mostly blacks, would say i was lieing when i would say i was 19 and wouldn't believe it unless they saw my drivers license, not very nice is it. but guess what, we all eventually age. the guy i dated when i was 19, he was a year younger then I, but I was made fun of for robbing the craddle b/c I looked so old, but I was only 19, but years of being beat up and abused and stressed, it wore any beauty I could have had...in my eyes, they've been dim since 16, when I mean abuse, I mean very harsh physical and emotional abuse....and now that i am older then that, i see how silly younger women are, and know that when they get my age, they may jump out a window or something. try to cultivate your life.

InnerRise
Why would they jump out of a window?

Well I'm sorry for what happened to you.

I'm actually the opposite.

I look much younger than I really am.

I've had certain experiences in my life that weren't exactly favorable as well, but I don't care to discuss them here.

Oncewhite

I've had certain experiences in my life that weren't exactly favorable as well, but I don't care to discuss them here.

They may hate what the mirror is telling them, and since they never built anything else in life such as the spirit or intellect, they only have their looks, and if the mirror is in disagreement, they will age to be very bitter, and when I meant "jump out the window", I don't mean they will commit suicide, they will just feel like giving up in life, b/c their life was their youthful look or beauty.

There is a reason why some older looking people are bitter, aging sucks, and it's something else to look in the mirror and not recognize yourself (it sucks if you were ever switched) but it sucks when you age, as you age, you may not look the same at all, and some folks are very bitter, and I can understand the problem of not recognizng yourself in the mirror.

Rogue Jedi

I feel you on the unfavorable experiences, i really do. aint it cool to not look our age? for me it is, anyways.

Oncewhite

as a male, how does looking younger effect you?

kayakat
I feel you on the unfavorable experiences, i really do. aint it cool to not look our age? for me it is, anyways.

its not cool when your 22 and people think your 15 or 16 or something...weep

Oncewhite
Originally posted by kayakat
its not cool when your 22 and people think your 15 or 16 or something...weep

well, that's true, esp. if you date a 22 year old, and most think that the female is older then you. so, most women wouldn't like that experience anyway, but you'll find some that will suffer though the laughter or comments.

cheer up, b/c 'tis better to look younger then older...but seriously, it's better to be of good character, that beats age or beauty, it really does, not to sound poetic, but the whole thing about diamonds is about the content of the stone which makes it above any other jewel, it's the content or character that makes the quality, if the looks were more important, a cubic ziconian or plastic roses...will do the trick, try giving that to your lady and see what she says, unless she's a tight wad who hates to spend money, she will see this as a fake or fraud, a phoney look, and not the real content. smile

kayakat
well, that's true, esp. if you date a 22 year old, and most think that the female is older then you. so, most women wouldn't like that experience anyway, but you'll find some that will suffer though the laughter or comments.

cheer up, b/c 'tis better to look younger then older...but seriously, it's better to be of good character, that beats age or beauty, it really does, not to sound poetic, but the whole thing about diamonds is about the content of the stone which makes it above any other jewel, it's the content or character that makes the quality, if the looks were more important, a cubic ziconian or plastic roses...will do the trick, try giving that to your lady and see what she says, unless she's a tight wad who hates to spend money, she will see this as a fake or fraud, a phoney look, and not the real content. smile

... i am the female... confused and i date guys
OMG... did you think i was a guy???

Oncewhite
... i am the female... confused and i date guys
OMG... did you think i was a guy???

Ops.

The other poster who is upset about aging said he was MALE a couple of times, so, it seemed as if I was talking to him from a female perspective, and I was.

I wondered, since he said he was MALE, how could looking younger be such a troubling issue.

If you are trying to hit on Jedi, try using a pic of an Asian girl as your conduit. I think he got sucked in by the picture, but the poster is male, not female.

kayakat
Ops.

The other poster who is upset about aging said he was MALE a couple of times, so, it seemed as if I was talking to him from a female perspective, and I was.

I wondered, since he said he was MALE, how could looking younger be such a troubling issue.

If you are trying to hit on Jedi, try using a pic of an Asian girl as your conduit. I think he got sucked in by the picture, but the poster is male, not female.

well i have male friends who look younger too and well they also think it sucks ... its not always fun to look younger
people don't take you seriously, they treat you like a child, you are more likely to have to show your id if you go anywhere, you attract a lot of pervs... and so on...

shocking InneRise is hitting on Rogue Jedi??? blink

soin2cal
Oh gosh, i would hate to look youngerlaughing out loud

lil bitchiness

I'm dreading turning 20.

It just popped up on me.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

This is nothing unusual, alot of people are afraid of such - hence the endless ''creams'' to extend your beauty, face lifts and other ''activities'' which can make you feel younger...etc.

What is weird however is that you're only 20, and you're afraid of getting old. You are too young to think about that.

You don't have to worry about family, kids job, and all that other bull crap.
You have many years to go yet.

InnerRise

cheer up, b/c 'tis better to look younger then older...but seriously, it's better to be of good character, that beats age or beauty, it really does, not to sound poetic, but the whole thing about diamonds is about the content of the stone which makes it above any other jewel, it's the content or character that makes the quality, if the looks were more important, a cubic ziconian or plastic roses...will do the trick, try giving that to your lady and see what she says, unless she's a tight wad who hates to spend money, she will see this as a fake or fraud, a phoney look, and not the real content. smile UMMMMMMMMMM.........There's nothing wrong with the Female being the older one in a relationship.

well i have male friends who look younger too and well they also think it sucks ... its not always fun to look younger
people don't take you seriously, they treat you like a child, you are more likely to have to show your id if you go anywhere, you attract a lot of pervs... and so on...

shocking InneRise is hitting on Rogue Jedi??? blink Oncewhite is so confused it's not even funny.

She strays off of topic left and right and just blurts stuff out of no where. I really have no idea who her response to your question answered your question at all and this whole thing about Rogue Jedi is beyond me.

Oh gosh, i would hate to look youngerlaughing out loud
Well being that you're the youngest one here, too bad.

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
This is nothing unusual, alot of people are afraid of such - hence the endless ''creams'' to extend your beauty, face lifts and other ''activities'' which can make you feel younger...etc.

What is weird however is that you're only 20, and you're afraid of getting old. You are too young to think about that.

You don't have to worry about family, kids job, and all that other bull crap.
You have many years to go yet.
Thanks. That made me feel a little better.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What is weird however is that you're only 20, and you're afraid of getting old. You are too young to think about that. This is nothing unusual, alot of people are afraid of such - hence the endless ''creams'' to extend your beauty, face lifts and other ''activities'' which can make you feel younger...etc.

yeah, I suspected this had to do with aging of beauty, moreso then the number, if someone doesn't age in the body or face, what difference does it make if their number is 44 or 34 or 19....if you still look 19 what difference does it make? I think the fear is in being 44 and looking like it or older...

Yeah, I confuse myself sometimes eek! Dizzy, Ditzy, or airheaded...at least I'm very GOOD at something... big grin

The Wishmaster
Originally posted by JacopeX
I'm sorry but thats ridiculous. And I don't mean your fear. you see, its the way the body works and if you have phobias of the human body or how it t is really works, ask for help because that is really serious. I am very very aware its the way the human body works and I'm fine with being an old wrinkled man. I rather live than not be alive at all.

I certainly don't think it 'ridiculous' that someone is afraid of growing old.

InnerRise
yeah, I suspected this had to do with aging of beauty, moreso then the number, if someone doesn't age in the body or face, what difference does it make if their number is 44 or 34 or 19....if you still look 19 what difference does it make? I think the fear is in being 44 and looking like it or older...

Yeah, I confuse myself sometimes eek! Dizzy, Ditzy, or airheaded...at least I'm very GOOD at something... big grin One again....UMMMM.............how can you go off of someone's response to my thread and base it on me?

You said, "YEAH, I SUSPECTED THIS HAD TO DO WITH THE AGING OF BEAUTY.........." and blah blah blah.

You suspected and that's all you did.

Your suspicions have not been confirmed so get off of it. I'm tired of seeing you post the same thing over and over about how this whole thread is about just "GETTING UGLY."

I clearly laid out in the first post what I mean and that's that.

Now please move on to something THAT MAKES SENSE and stop attempting to word things in which you have no idea how to. Your posts are so repetitive and wordy that it doesn't even make SENSE.

I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but it's getting very annoying.

You've attempted many times to TELL ME WHAT I'M AFRAID OF and you've either went way off topic or stated the obvious.

Just stop please.

Oncewhite
One again....UMMMM.............how can you go off of someone's response to my thread and base it on me?

You said, "YEAH, I SUSPECTED THIS HAD TO DO WITH THE AGING OF BEAUTY.........." and blah blah blah.

You suspected and that's all you did.

Your suspicions have not been confirmed so get off of it. I'm tired of seeing you post the same thing over and over about how this whole thread is about just "GETTING UGLY."

I clearly laid out in the first post what I mean and that's that.

Now please move on to something THAT MAKES SENSE and stop attempting to word things in which you have no idea how to. Your posts are so repetitive and wordy that it doesn't even make SENSE.

I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but it's getting very annoying.

You've attempted many times to TELL ME WHAT I'M AFRAID OF and you've either went way off topic or stated the obvious.

Just stop please.

Who cares what I think or anybody elses' thoughts, it's only someone's opinion, it's OK, if I want to think "blah blah blah", it's OK, it's not a biggie!

Please take a load off! Geez!

InnerRise
Who cares what I think Exactly. doped

Please take a load off! Geez!

You're the load I'm trying to get off. no expression

Marxman
I'm totally with you on this IR. I'm a smoker so the older I get the closer I'm getting to whatever cancer is going to take over first. As one gets older, one inevitably gets unhealthier. I'd rather die before I get to the painful stages of whatever ailments is going to be the end of me.

Oncewhite
Exactly. doped

You're the load I'm trying to get off. no expression

Awe, must be love. stick out tongue I could be very negative about this, but I want to keep things positive, even though.

InnerRise
What else could it be? shrug

Once you get to know me, you'll learn how to decipher my messages more and more and see what some may take as hostility, such as "Go to Hell and I Hate You", to really be my own very special way of saying, "Go to Heaven and I Love You."

ermmgrin

Oncewhite
What else could it be? shrug

Once you get to know me, you'll learn how to decipher my messages more and more and see what some may take as hostility, such as "Go to Hell and I Hate You", to really be my own very special way of saying, "Go to Heaven and I Love You."

ermmgrin

Yeah, something positive just like you said.

soin2cal
I think it is kool being older though in some ways being younger is toobig grin

InnerRise
You don't know what you think.

You're too young. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.