Keep Getting Disconnected!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XxbrokenxX
Every couple of minutes, my connection gets cut off. I don't know why, but it REALLY gets on my nerves; especially when I'm on MSN. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? I tried calling my provider, but they're not any help at all.. If anyone has any information that could help me, please post. Thank you.

Captain REX
Do you have a wireless connection?

El_NINO
Originally posted by XxbrokenxX
Every couple of minutes, my connection gets cut off. I don't know why, but it REALLY gets on my nerves; especially when I'm on MSN. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? I tried calling my provider, but they're not any help at all.. If anyone has any information that could help me, please post. Thank you.

What kind of connection do you have such as modem to router to your pc or modem to pc? Also is this dial up or is this broadband or DSL?

soin2cal
High speed internet does the trickstick out tongue

K73SK
dialup = get used to it

wireless router / connection = occasionally will happen

wired broadband = it will happen SOMETIMES. when you're /w broadband, the connection is not to just you, but many many other people. that's why the speed changes every second.

DSL = beats me, find out if they're doing maintenance...could be a possibility

and as of T1 and T3 or any higher, i don't know anythin of them because i never met anyone /w them nor have i actually been on a computer that's had them (excluding school)

LinixCobra
T1 or T3 (Europe) is basically a dedicated connection that range from 1GB to 30Gb or more last time I checked. It will never slow down nor will it drop at any moment.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by XxbrokenxX
Sounds to me like your stretching your bandwidth to breaking limit. Just do less things on the Internet at a time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.