Why is Comic philosophy so Important on here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prof S.T.I.
I've noticed there are a lot of threads about Uber Cosmic beings, and it seems as though a comic theological hierarchy system is emerging from the debating. Most of the predictions are based on quotes made by the so called comic Gods (Which in normal circumstances would count as Hyperbole), and not actual actions. I find it quite hard to comprehend why people spend so much time methodically reading such uber crap, to justify imaginary Theology. Don't get me wrong, it seems that some of the more intelligent members take part in such debates, which is contrary to various other forums. (Its usually the slower, less articulate members who take part in debates over whether Eternity can beat the Spectre). I was wondering whether this obsession stems from the lack of religion, that is apparent through out society today ? Whether a lack of faith is causing our minds to seek out ulterior Authoritative figures ?

grey fox
Originally posted by Prof S.T.I.
I've noticed there are a lot of threads about Uber Cosmic beings, and it seems as though a comic theological hierarchy system is emerging from the debating. Most of the predictions are based on quotes made by the so called comic Gods (Which in normal circumstances would count as Hyperbole), and not actual actions. I find it quite hard to comprehend why people spend so much time methodically reading such uber crap, to justify imaginary Theology. Don't get me wrong, it seems that some of the more intelligent members take part in such debates, which is contrary to various other forums. (Its usually the slower, less articulate members who take part in debates over whether Eternity can beat the Spectre). I was wondering whether this obsession stems from the lack of religion, that is apparent through out society today ? Whether a lack of faith is causing our minds to seek out ulterior Authoritative figures ?

What a waste of a perfectly good 7 minutes.

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by grey fox
What a waste of a perfectly good 7 minutes.

And why do you say that ?

grey fox
Because (not to be offensive) I doubt anyone cares.

Prof S.T.I.

Or maybe all the clever people disagree with me.

Weyoun

I agree sadly Prof the peoplpe I have seen who are into those things on this site won't answer. I will though over the next few days. I need a think first. Good Question.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Prof S.T.I.
I think you are over analyzing it. Most of those members just like to debate for debate's sake, nothing more.

And then there are the lunatics of course.

Weyoun
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I think you are over analyzing it. Most of those members just like to debate for debate's sake, nothing more.

And then there are the lunatics of course. [/QUOTEPlease enlighten a new member who are these lunatics.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Weyoun
Please enlighten a new member who are these lunatics.
I'd love to, but it's for the best you find that out for yourself.

(You suck at quoting by the way stick out tongue )

Ichigo66666
Wait, are you saying, A lack of religous education and faith, causes people to debate and turn to comic books?

Weyoun
I'd love to, but it's for the best you find that out for yourself.

(You suck at quoting by the way stick out tongue )

O.K.

King KAM
religion is unnecessary, and so is this thread.

if we get rid of them both, the world would be a better place.

nimbus006
Relegious faith or lack there of IMO has nothing to do with why people enjoy debating about comic gods. I believe members take part in these discussions because it's interesting to them, just as you enjoy debating about physics, or Captain America. Perosonally, i prefer not to get involved in such issues because there is hardly ever a real definitive answer to who is more powerful between the Spectre and LT for example. Or maybe it's because I'm not that well versed on either. big grin

Weyoun
Originally posted by nimbus006
Relegious faith or lack there of IMO has nothing to do with why people enjoy debating about comic gods. I believe members take part in these discussions because it's interesting to them, just as you enjoy debating about physics, or Captain America. Perosonally, i prefer not to get involved in such issues because there is hardly ever a real definitive answer to who is more powerful between the Spectre and LT for example. Or maybe it's because I'm not that well versed on either. big grin

You've actually gone up in my book Nimbus, I agree debating cosmic beings can give no definitive answer.

Ichigo66666
Ahh, I get it now.

No-one really worships comic Gods, they debate them for the fun of debating and such. Some people take it too seriously. People take interest in a certain group of characters or single, E.G. I prefer Cosmic characters, but I do not see one as a God. I am no a religious person either.

King KAM
beleive in Crom

nimbus006
Originally posted by Weyoun
You've actually gone up in my book Nimbus, I agree debating cosmic beings can give no definitive answer.

Then we agree on something big grin

That is much appreciated, thank you.

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by nimbus006

Na the bit about growth of Atheism was a bit of a joke, I know it has little to no influence really.I thought i throw it in there to prove a point, i.e. people couldn't give a rat ass about a religion, but spend hours debating over different levels of omnipotence. Absurd isn't it ? I wasn't expecting many on here to see my hidden agenda. Oh well, enjoy the KMC forum Ignorance ....

What a waste of a perfectly good 7 minutes

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King KAM

I'll agree, at least to the latter of those two.

It would have been possible to broach this subject without insulting half the forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.