Shaman Nate Grey Vs GL Kyle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Kyle(Classic) vs Nate Grey.
Who takes it?

Soleran
Shaman Nate Grey, yeah!

id369
I dont know.

GL Kyle has some great feats of his own.
But Ill drop the info on Shaman -X-Man.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/10/NGreyShawman.jpg/180px-NGreyShawman.jpg

Abilities - Telepathy
- Telekinesis
- Psychometry
- Precognition
- Cross-dimensional travel

Tap into the enormous psychic resources of the astral plane in order to manipulate matter and energy, manifesting hard-psi to:
- levitate and direct physical objects
- fire mental force bolts
- cause violent explosive reactions in matter
- fly through the air
- shield himself and others from attack
- increase the physical power of his blows
- flow his molecules through another solid object to become intangible

and soft-psi to:
- scan for brain wave patterns
- project and manipulate thoughts
- intuitively translate new languages
- forge psi-links to travel in astral form
- generate realistic illusions out of psi-plasm
- establish mental defenses against new psionic attacks
- give substance to astral energy to solidify psychic forms or forge protective psi-armor

I figured that there was some question in the Arena for the tournament over how powerful Shaman Nate Grey really was, what he's done, and also, what he could do. Would he just dump someone somewhere else on the spiral? What is in character and out of character? Hopefully this list will help some. And if someone can come up with a supplementary list of X-Man's feats, BEFORE he became the Shaman, that would be appreciated as well.

Shaman Nate Grey:

Powers and Feats:

*Can Fly (X-Man #63)
*"Telekinetically moved some of the chemicals in your brain around, shut down a few secretors." (X-Man #63)
*Can "see power signatures" ("Don't try to talk. My name's Nate Grey. I saw the power flow from whatever killed your friend in the elevator. If you could see things as I do... well, to me, it lit up half of Manhattan."wink (X-Man #63)
*A powerful telekine, with 67 previous kills, attacks him with a full out attack, and Nate takes no damage, then shuts him down, blasting him a lethal psibolt then leaves him lying back in cracked concrete which was cracked as a result of the blast (X-Man #63)

*In X-Man #64, the narration describes Nate Grey as the following: "Mutant. Telepath. Shaman. Intermediary between powers. The Guardian of reality's door."
*Can break through telepathic blocks effortlessly -- "Don't get me wrong. Your telepathic blocks are excellent. But you've never met anyone like me before." (X-Man #64)
*The "Gauntlet", a group of powerful mutants, said that "the power you radiate is unbelievable." (X-Man #64)
*His power is so great that telepathic blocks are almost nothing to him -- "If I pushed your blocks any harder, I'd turn you into vegetables. I don't want to do that." (X-Man #64)
*His telekinetic and telepathic shielding stopped a downspiral monster from reaching him and the "Gauntlet" (X-Man #64)
*Crushed an entire house down on the creature (X-Man #64)

*Can fairly easily pick out 12 minds amongst 10 million people (he strained in X-Man #65 because he'd just come out of a big battle)
*Can at will leave the universe and travel anywhere on the Spiral (first appeared in X-Man #64-65 -- he disappears effortlessly in X-Man #65)
*Can survive in space and on planets with little to no air to breathe (X-Man #65)
*Can blast craters into ground (X-Man #65)
*Can catch boulders telekinetically and blast them into nothing (X-Man #66)
*While talking to a woman in the middle of New York, he telekinetically grabbed ten individuals throughout New York, raised them up into the sky, and blew them all up (X-Man #66)
*Transported a woman into one of the downward spirals, where she was trapped with the Downward Spiral creatures. (X-Man #66)

*Crushed an entire city, Quito, Ecuador, in just a few minutes, while in his sleep -- this is an example of his power levels BEFORE he was even Shaman, this is X-Man prior to becoming Shaman (X-Man #67)
*In X-Man #68, Nate learns from "Maddie" "what he is, what all Nate Greys have been on every Earth. The Ultimate Telekine, designed with a doomsday weapon for a mind. The climax of the evolution of weapons." (X-Man #68)
*Incinerated a woman with his mind until nothing remained (X-Man #68)
*Flew out of orbit, and then back into orbit at an extreme velocity, without taking any damage (X-Man #68)
*Nate is the first "truly functional Nate Grey" (X-Man #69)
*Learns how to use his telekinesis for damping pain centers in the brain, stimulating healing, neutralizing unbalanced body chemistry (X-Man #69)
*Can make the dead talk again ("It's a matter of tweaking the right neurons in the dead brain, of holding the vocal cords together and letting them vibrate. The trick is to facilitate it without pumping your own thoughts out a dead man's mouth."wink (X-Man #69)

*Has the ability to make all of Asia die with a single, huge, blast (X-Man #70)
*Destroyed an entire mechanized futuristic city with a huge single blast (X-Man #70)

*Can create portals beneath him and disappear in them, while transporting passengers (X-Man #71)
*Took a full blast from Quabri, a being who killed Thor with such a blast, and didn't even stop or take any knockback from it (X-Man #72)
*Survived a few more blasts from Quabri, becoming unconscious, but that's still a good feat considering just moments later Quabri destroyed the entire planet (X-Man #72)

*On a planet with acid sea and acid air, Nate managed to put a shield around them to make them survive, even after he and two others landed in the acid sea -- it took a lot of effort, but "it takes most of my concentration to telekinetically filter enough oxygen from the air to breathe" (X-Man #73)
*Healed a fractured being from an upper spiral, putting three beings back together into one, who was on the same level of power as Quabri (X-Man #73)
*Effortlessly transported himself and the other being with power like Quabri's onto the spiral (X-Man #73)

*Transported himself to the highest place on the Spiral (X-Man #74)
*Can easily make one forget everything about their life, their existence, even if they're a powerful being from a different elevation in the spiral (X-Man #74)

*Caused an entire neighborhood to not see him ("I'm telepathically recircuiting everyone's mind. So they won't know I'm here. I don't want to scare them. But mutant minds are hard wired differently from Homo Sapien minds. Bypassing them demands special focus. A mutant might see me." (X-Man #75)

edit - I want to add that as X-Man (Prior to becoming a Shaman) He was able to augment his strength and durability to around class 85 and more.

X-Man can easily communicate over vast distances (the other side of the world literally, with Peter once without strain).

Was controlled by Madelyne to destroy a city in his sleep with a mere "thumbs down".

That Madelyne, later revealed to be Queen Jean, stated that Nate Grey was the ultimate mutant telekine on every Earth.

Nate is able to destroy the entirety of Asia with a miniature sun.

He's powerful enough to shatter the moon itself with a TK enhanced blow, as demonstrated in a realistic dream hynotized by a Techno-Gnome.

Able to teleport, even before Shaman.

Able to shunt others to other places in the Spiral, as Shaman X-Man.

Able to connect a Silver City dweller's mind across her fractured selves across the multiverse.

Nate implies that he was created to destroy worlds.

Able to literally resurrect the certain deceased; Madelyne was give a new body, and AOA Gwen Stacy was given form, despite the AOA timeline being fully divered into Earth-238.

Nate Grey is as powerful as the Dark Phoenix. But his body can't handle such power, and he risks burning himself out if he overexerts himself.

Is descended from Alpha, the First Mutant (the AOA equivalent to the Phoenix). Manifested a Phoenix effect later when flying in space.

Able to create psi-forms that exist independantly of his mind, as he did for the new arm for his friend.

It's implied that his powers at his peak would literally remake reality, although this could be a narrative hyperbole.

Able to manifest psi-armour that enhances his strength and durability.

All I can think of for now (it is over 75 issues of memory, so I can't remember everything on the spot).

Note, Shaman X-Man is more passive than "Jesus" Cable, but if pushed, he's more willing to kill

guy222
Originally posted by Priest
Kyle(Classic) vs Nate Grey.
Who takes it?

kyles a goner smokin'

Roldz
I doubt it, Kyle's got defensive measures of Nates abilities and its within the rings scope to manipulate psi energies, Nates got abundant of it but not finite..

DigiMark007
Telepaths generally can't do much to GLs. And nothing else Nate can do is beyond the scope of a good GL.

thedude1948
I like Nate, but he isn't taking Kyle. Nate can make it hard for him but he isn't going to be doing much else, he might be able to pull out a couple of wins but that is being generous.

juggernaut66666
Kyle.

starlock
Nate for the win,nothing in kyle's history as a GL that i can remember has had the psi power of nate or close,i have collected all the GL with kyle and all of nates run also,he is just to much for kyle(classic kyle)

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by starlock
Nate for the win,nothing in kyle's history as a GL that i can remember has had the psi power of nate or close,i have collected all the GL with kyle and all of nates run also,he is just to much for kyle(classic kyle)
Nah.

Rewmac
Why not use respect threads for Nate...

He can take Kyle. Bt the problems is that there is a possibility that Nate's powers won't be able to interfere or go through the OA Power Rings aura. But it might be possible. Anyway blowing Kyle through space should be enough...

But we got Kyle. Who fought Darkseid's son, Neron, became The Ion, held a Big Bang of a planet and and has put Major Force down for good. And showed serious amount of GL power after the whole Classic Ion stuff...And Kyle even stood up to Parallax.

Roldz
Originally posted by starlock
Controller comes to mind.. I think thats what there names..
Originally posted by Rewmac
Why not use respect threads for Nate...

He can take Kyle. Bt the problems is that there is a possibility that Nate's powers won't be able to interfere or go through the OA Power Rings aura. But it might be possible. Anyway blowing Kyle through space should be enough...

But we got Kyle. Who fought Darkseid's son, Neron, became The Ion, held a Big Bang of a planet and and has put Major Force down for good. And showed serious amount of GL power after the whole Classic Ion stuff...And Kyle even stood up to Parallax.
I doubt he could blow Kyle up specially when Nate energies is within the range of Kyle to manipulate..

grey fox
Kyle pulls a Surfer and turns off Nates X-gene.

id369
Originally posted by grey fox
Kyle pulls a Surfer and turns off Nates X-gene.

Well if its going for a cheap win Nate shuts Kyles mind down by;
Telekinetically moved some of the chemicals in your brain around, shut down a few secretors." (X-Man #63)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.