What made you a lotr fan ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
so what made you a lotr fan ? was it the books first or the films ?? or was it the other way round ??

When i first heard about LOTR movie i just thought it was some old fashion movie i didnt even know it was a book first. Then i decided to see ROTK i know i should have seen fotr first . The first viewing of Rotk was mind blowing for me eek!

Its still my favorite out of the 3 smile

Hurintar
First I would like to say hi, this is my first time on this forum and as I am a big tolkien fan just had to join.

this topic seames a god way to start my "life" on this forum.
i became absolutely crazy abaut lotr when I was 8 years old and saw animated movie, that is half of it, at that time I did not know that there was a book and I practicly lived my owne world of midle earth in my games with my friends and in my mind creating stories beacouse I had to finish the movie.
I started to read lotr when I was 14 that is I started to read silmarillion first, then hobit and in the end lotr FR, TT, RK in that order.
I am a big fan of lotr but silmarillion is for me so better, but in the end I see lotr as a part of stories of midle earth history.
it is simply to god made.

coolmovies
Hi wellcome hope u enjoy it hear

ESB -1138
The book, the Hobbit made me a fan. I read the Hobbit first back in 9th grade and at the end of the book it says:

If you are interested into learning more about Hobbits check out these books:
1.) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2.) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
3.) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

And before I could pick one of them up I went to the movies and saw a preview for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Everything else was history.

vanice
I first read the trilogy in fourth grade, and since then they are my favourite books. The movies are good, but no way near the books.

Naz
Back in middle school with FotR first came out, I thought it was going to be some really really stupid movie, so all my friends went to go see but I didn't, then they came back saying how good it was and raving about how hot orlando bloom was, so I went to Blockbuster and rented it, and loved it, then I read TTT and RotK before the movies came out.

Shadowskill
well, i really liked the hobbit when i was little... and i've grown up listening to the stories about the lord of the rings... so when the fellowship of the ring came out when i was in sixth grade (I saw the movie in the theater three times and the two towers twice), i decided to read the book... needless to say, i loved it, and had to read the two towers and the return of the king. from then on, my best friend and i were hooked. we were FREAKS...could quote from the movies, drew pictures about the main characters...even had our own characters... but that was such a long LONG time ago... lol.

***jenny***

Bain
I became a fan just by the first preview.

The sword actions unbelievable.

I bought the movie when it came out on dvd with no knowledge other than that one 3 min preview.

"I just felt it."-Michael Jackson
laughing
No really, I saw something brilliant, bought it, and it was all it looked like, and a whole bunch more.

nenarye
Unfourtunatly, what made me a fan was the movies. I say this because when I went on to read the books, I had the movie characters and places in my head. After re-reading LotR a few times, I now have a vision of the characters, not PJ's vision.

But, it has made me a huge fan: I've gone on to read {including LotR} The Hobbit {actually I read this before the movies, but didn't really get me into Tolkien} , The Silmarillion, The Unfinished Tales, and The History of Middle Earth eek! ...

Yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.