Girl to remain child forever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazylozer
From http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,241279,00.html

Your thoughts?

The Black Ghost
That sucks... though what is most aggravating about the story is that the whole thing seemed to be trying to fix the problem by getting rid of the person. They couldve just buried her alive and saved her the "trouble of living".

Seems like just another case of medical advancements being abused.

Soleran
Lucky girl thumb down

Fishy
I don't really see the problem... Although perhaps Euthanasia would be more merciful, but that hasn't happened. Anyways her life sucks, she won't notice and this makes it easier and better for everybody and is therefor likely the best option.

PVS
if her lifespan/health is not effected, who cares? she certainly wont.

i hope im not being overtolerant...*looks around* RABBLE!!! RABBLE!!! GOD!!! RABBLE!!!

xmarksthespot
The degree of static encephalopathy she presented, to the point where she had inadequate motor control to even swallow food, meant that regardless of the course of action taken she wouldn't have had a very high quality of life.

The benefits of the hysterectomy and mastectomy do outweigh the negatives - which are basically nonexistent considering things such as body image and reproductive capacity are essentially irrelevant to the girl - and justify the course of action to an extent, but the "treatment" does still seem a bit radical. But I don't see any real problem with it.

Soleran
The treatment wouldn't seem radical to me if I was the caretaker.

Still it's a challenging situation to be in.

debbiejo
This is a sad sad story, but on this one I would have to agree with xmark.

The Core
They are their own God, obviously. They love her so much, that they're cannibalizing her so that they don't have to deal with things that will probably never happen, and if they did, would probably send her to a state of "quality life".

Preventative maintainence on a vegetable. Only in America.

soin2cal
How hard that must be for her family to never see her grow up. But will she not look older as she grows into a woman?

Strangelove
Wow.....that bites

Fishy
Originally posted by Strangelove
Wow.....that bites

Why? She won't notice, her parents like it more this way. I would say nobody loses.

soin2cal
what, forever? I would find it very upsetting if my child was the same forever. Whether she knows or not, it is such a shame that the child could not have had a proper life. I would think that both her mom and dad would fid it a shame too, even though the child herself does not know any different. Her parents do though, and realise she is one out of very few that have No life what so ever.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Fishy
Why? She won't notice, her parents like it more this way. I would say nobody loses. well it bites for her even if she doesn't realize it. People who are 'protected' from life never truly live

FeceMan
Let her die.

Fishy
well it bites for her even if she doesn't realize it. People who are 'protected' from life never truly live

If she wouldn't be protected she wouldn't truly live either, at least this way she can have some of it instead of none.

BackFire
"They also feared that large breasts could put Ashley at risk of sexual assault"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Strangelove
If she wouldn't be protected she wouldn't truly live either, at least this way she can have some of it instead of none. apparently you don't get what I'm saying

Fishy
apparently you don't get what I'm saying

No I get it, I just don't think it applies to this situation

KidRock
They said she cant walk talk sit up in bed or swallow her food. So wtf..she is basically dead.

FeceMan
Originally posted by BackFire
"They also feared that large breasts could put Ashley at risk of sexual assault"

Dude, those crips are hot.

Strangelove
No I get it, I just don't think it applies to this situation oh. I just reread it, I didn't know she had a disease.

Never mind, you're right

lord xyz
Haha, yeah right.

6 years old and she had breasts?

Bardock42
I don't really see the problem... Although perhaps Euthanasia would be more merciful, but that hasn't happened. Anyways her life sucks, she won't notice and this makes it easier and better for everybody and is therefor likely the best option. Originally posted by PVS
if her lifespan/health is not effected, who cares? she certainly wont.

i hope im not being overtolerant...*looks around* RABBLE!!! RABBLE!!! GOD!!! RABBLE!!! Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The degree of static encephalopathy she presented, to the point where she had inadequate motor control to even swallow food, meant that regardless of the course of action taken she wouldn't have had a very high quality of life.

The benefits of the hysterectomy and mastectomy do outweigh the negatives - which are basically nonexistent considering things such as body image and reproductive capacity are essentially irrelevant to the girl - and justify the course of action to an extent, but the "treatment" does still seem a bit radical. But I don't see any real problem with it.

Oh, who would've thought. It's the smart folks I agree with again.

BobbyD
Originally posted by crazylozer

Your thoughts?

It's very unfortunate, all kidding aside.

No kidding aside, I'm going to be a child forever too. yes

debbiejo
Forever is a long time, do you mean into eternity too? roll eyes (sarcastic)

BobbyD
messed

I dunno?

General Kaliero
Radical indeed, but considering the girl's case it's really the best course to take. I mean, someone who doesn't even have the motor skills to swallow food can't interact with the world at all, and for her parents, it's a lot easier to care for a child than an adult.

PVS
as a child she would experience less scrutiny from...well...assholes. people tend to at least have the decency to not stare at retarded children.

but yeah, its so frikin weird...and really amounts to nothing.
to people are really that concerned about 'gods plan'
she shouldnt be hooked up to life support should she?

Naz
Oh my God. I'm honestly having a hard time believing what I just read. I'd take a period anyday if it meant I could walk and talk and swallow my food.
I still just can't comprehend it.

~Pielover~
Originally posted by lord xyz
Haha, yeah right.

6 years old and she had breasts? I saw her on maury Pauvic, and It was said she entered puberty shortly after birth.

Soleran
Originally posted by Naz
Oh my God. I'm honestly having a hard time believing what I just read. I'd take a period anyday if it meant I could walk and talk and swallow my food.
I still just can't comprehend it.

LOL

Inspectah Deck

haha

FeceMan
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh, who would've thought. It's the smart folks I agree with again.
You spelled "liberal" with the wrong letters.

Strangelove
Originally posted by FeceMan
You spelled "liberal" with the wrong letters. they're synonyms anyway

lil bitchiness
they're synonyms anyway

How do you figure? Liberal and conservative view points are in this case about morality. Morality is ALWAYS subjective.
So, (for the first time) I am inclined to agree with Feceman.

As far as article goes -

It is a bit strange but I don't see a real problem with it. She is severely disabled, and as said she can never voluntarily reproduce, or furthermore, she can never voluntarily do anything.

This will make it easier on her and her parents.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by BackFire

You're an ass. laughing

Bicnarok

Mr. Sandman

xmarksthespot

grey fox
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
The cure is banned.

Stem cell research is seriously behind, and would cure not only this but many more types of brain disorders.

"But were saving potential lives by stunting our own medical knowledge blah blah blah religious bullshit blah blah blah Lies about not caring if they were afflicted with a stem cell curable disease blah blah blah"

Retarded religious fanatics aside why waste all that money ?

Honestly, that operation probably cost a few hundred thousand when you could solve the problem for free.

BTW : Do hospitals still give pillows out for free these days ? If not, change the above 'for free' statement to the alloted amount.

FeceMan
they're synonyms anyway
The word you're looking for is "antonyms."

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by grey fox
Honestly, that operation probably cost a few hundred thousand when you could solve the problem for free.

BTW : Do hospitals still give pillows out for free these days ? If not, change the above 'for free' statement to the alloted amount.

LAWL

FeceMan
Originally posted by FeceMan
The word you're looking for is "antonyms."
Well, that isn't quite fair, as political views have no correlation to intellect.

The Wishmaster
I think it sickening. How dare these 'people' remove the very part of this young girl that makes/will make her a woman one day? Even if she will never be able to have children, her uterus should never have been removed without her permission. Can't give permission? Too bad.

Keeping this girl a 'child' for the rest of her life, just because it is convienent for the parents is pathetic. Is this all about what they want, and what they think will make their daughters virtually non existant life a little less non exsistant?

Shame on the doctors who even agreed to this horrid procedure.

grey fox
Originally posted by The Wishmaster
I think it sickening. How dare these 'people' remove the very part of this young girl that makes/will make her a woman one day? Even if she will never be able to have children, her uterus should never have been removed without her permission. Can't give permission? Too bad.

Keeping this girl a 'child' for the rest of her life, just because it is convienent for the parents is pathetic. Is this all about what they want, and what they think will make their daughters virtually non existant life a little less non exsistant?

Shame on the doctors who even agreed to this horrid procedure.

Her 'Growing up' would be discomforting and useless.

The Wishmaster
Her 'Growing up' would be discomforting and useless.

But at the same time, isn't her life effectivly useless? She can't eat, talk, walk, do anything. She will rely on others to care for her for the rest of her life. Isn't her life itself useless?

grey fox
Originally posted by The Wishmaster
But at the same time, isn't her life effectivly useless? She can't eat, talk, walk, do anything. She will rely on others to care for her for the rest of her life. Isn't her life itself useless?

Note my above post

"But were saving potential lives by stunting our own medical knowledge blah blah blah religious bullshit blah blah blah Lies about not caring if they were afflicted with a stem cell curable disease blah blah blah"

Retarded religious fanatics aside why waste all that money ?

Though if we need usages i'm thinking Soylent Green , anyone with me ?

Bardock42
Though if we need usages i'm thinking Soylent Green , anyone with me ?

No...no...not with you, nope.

grey fox
Originally posted by Bardock42
No...no...not with you, nope.
Aww come on....sad

My side has hookers and Reese's peanut butter cups naughty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.