Rob Zombie's Halloween

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tyranno-Chris
I found this poster and wondered if Halloween will be remade, or another movie made.

http://www.moviereporter.net/filme/halloween_retribution/halloween_retribution-poster.jpg

Mr Parker
Well the next Halloween movie coming out this year is a restart to the series from what I hear.

Tyranno-Chris
Ok. Thanks.

K.Diddy
They better not remake Halloween mad

Wolfie
Tyranno-Chris, scroll down. You've MADE a thread on the new Halloween movie already.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by K.Diddy
They better not remake Halloween mad

yeah Im sick of all these horror remakes like the omen ect. mad

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Mr Parker

Agreed

Also,as much as I love Halloween,I think it's time too end it.

I think the only good reason too make another Halloween is too kill myers for good and not end the franchise with that pathetic Halloween resurrection

cropsy_is_god
End Halloween films NOW there bullshit and have been since the the 3rd one.

zombieman
I think most of the sequels are awful too, but i'm giving this remake a chance. The casts looking strong and Rob Zombie has already proven he knows what he is doing were horror's concerned. I just hope it isn't too over the top.

BroLLy_LsSj
Agreed.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
End Halloween films NOW there bullshit and have been since the the 3rd one.

Naw 4 and 5 were good when they brought Michael Myers back into it all. They just should have ended the whole damn thing though with HALLOWEEN H20.That would have been a perfect way to end the whole damn thing,just have Jamie Lee cut off his head and end it right there. mad that would have been the perfect way to end it all.Im afraid though that they are going to turn it into a damn James Bond franchise series though. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by K.Diddy
Agreed

Also,as much as I love Halloween,I think it's time too end it.

I think the only good reason too make another Halloween is too kill myers for good and not end the franchise with that pathetic Halloween resurrection

Yeah like I said though, I'm afraid that they are just going to turn it into a James Bond franchise that just never ends. roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean the Bond franchise should have ended when Roger Moore retired but they just keep going and going and going like the energizer bunnie.they never stop. mad and Im afraid thats what this halloween movie series has become as well.I myself like to just pretend that resurrection never happpend and that they ended it all with halloween H20.however thats going to be much more difficult to do now since they got another one coming out this year.I agree though,thats the only reason I would like to have another one made is to kill Myers for good and not end the franchise with that pathetic Halloween Resurrection.He's obviously still alive,kill him once and for all now and get it over with for god sakes!!!!

Tyranno-Chris
Yeah like I said though, I'm afraid that they are just going to turn it into a James Bond franchise that just never ends. roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean the Bond franchise should have ended when Roger Moore retired but they just keep going and going and going like the energizer bunnie.they never stop. mad and Im afraid thats what this halloween movie series has become as well.I myself like to just pretend that resurrection never happpend and that they ended it all with halloween H20.however thats going to be much more difficult to do now since they got another one coming out this year.I agree though,thats the only reason I would like to have another one made is to kill Myers for good and not end the franchise with that pathetic Halloween Resurrection.He's obviously still alive,kill him once and for all now and get it over with for god sakes!!!!
Duh he's still alive, they left it wide open in Resurrection with him opening his eye. And obviously, he'll never die.

LaHaine
is there any news on zombie's film?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Tyranno-Chris
Duh he's still alive, they left it wide open in Resurrection with him opening his eye. And obviously, he'll never die.

thats why I hate halloween resuurection,it was dissapointing the way it ended.Yeah it was obvious that he was still alive when his eyes came open.they should have just ended it all with H20 with Jamie Llee chopping off hie head and end the whole damn thing. mad but no they just got to go and turn this thing into another damn james bond franchise that never ends. mad

steverules
where is this poster u speak off?

I think it's best to make a 9th just so they can finally kill Michael off and just end it all once and for all

Stevie
Agreed with Mr Parker. Res was a joke, should have ended it with H20. I cant say I have high hopes for the new movie but I am interested since Rob Zombie is doing it. I guess well have to wait and see.

LaHaine
u guys need to stop bringing up resurrection in every halloween thread, you bastards

soin2cal
It has a remake?

Leper_Messiah
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/halloween.html

there's the trailer

Darth Macabre
It actually looks pretty good.

Leper_Messiah
The cast looks amazing as well.

ladygrim
The trailer i think does it justice because it looks quite good although the begin made it look like the omen but ^ like you say theres some good actors in it .

roughrider
Boring trailer. Looks like an episode of CSI, with all that jittery camera work, editing and colour film switching - not like the gliding elegance of John Carpenter's camerawork, which built suspense gradually instead of forcing it down our throats.
Casting a name actor like Tyler Mane as Michael is distracting. An unknown would be better than a 6'10 giant out of X-MEN and TROY.

ladygrim
i think this one will be more gory ... thats the only thing i felt let the first one down abit was the lake of blood during the killings

ladygrim
Are they remaking just this one or all of them ???

vintageSW77
looks like just another remake for the kids
another remake that will be thrown on the already forgotton pile alongside The Fog,The Hitcher,The Omen,The Wickerman......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

so much for the new wave of Horror directors
i read today they are remaking THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
KLAATU,BARADA...**** OFF!

Micheal_Myers
I just watched the trailer.I think it looks very good.But, I'm not sure how I feel about the new mask.It's cool...But I definately prefer the classic. Oh, by the way...long time no post...its definately been a while for me...

ladygrim
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I just watched the trailer.I think it looks very good.But, I'm not sure how I feel about the new mask.It's cool...But I definately prefer the classic. Oh, by the way...long time no post...its definately been a while for me... i know what you mean about the mask looks a bit 'dodgy'

LaHaine
i guess we'll see...
i still have faith.

rob zombie's gotta stop using sherri moon though. ***** is ridiculous.

g00dbye-kiss
I WANNA C THT BAD!!

Micheal_Myers
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance The more and more I watch this trailer the more I cant wait.This movie looks to be the best Zombie's has released yet.That shouldnt be too hard to say considering his previous movies sucked!

Impediment
I think that this movie does not need to be made. The original is timeless, IMO.

Inevitably, though, the era of remakes is abroad, and if it has to be remade, I'm glad it's in Rob Zombie's hands. He could do it justice.

I'd still rather it not be done at all, though.

Trailer:

Haf5u-blscI

Micheal_Myers
He says its like...half prequel...half remake....o.O.....

smilingwisdom

Micheal_Myers

smilingwisdom

Micheal_Myers
H20 and Ressurection were indeed the worst in the series.I still enjoy them, but hey, with Zombie at the helm of this I have faith.I think he really understands what makes Myers frightening, and will use it to his full advantage in his coming movie.

pumas79
that link dont work, says trailer removed, lol

try this one

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=600&item=0

smilingwisdom

NormaBates
Since i don't mind this remake era, i think the trailer looks damn fine!
Let's hope the movie is as good as the trailer!

quanchi112
i hate reamkes bigtime this one looks good but id rather have a rob zombie sequel than this

Impediment
Well, it's that month for the release of, yet, another remake.

Is anyone excited to see this movie?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Impediment
Well, it's that month for the release of, yet, another remake.

Is anyone excited to see this movie? I am, it looks like it'll be true to the original, and just a lot darker, though I'm gonna miss the old sam lumis (know I spelled that wrong but you know who I'm talking about)

Impediment
I'm still of the opinion that this movie doesnt need to be remade, but if anyone can do it justice, Zombie might be able to.

I'll go see it.

Big Sexy
I'm still of the opinion that this movie doesnt need to be remade, but if anyone can do it justice, Zombie might be able to.

I'll go see it. Zombies a hack director. I will still see it though.

Impediment
New Trailer:

kvSKaq5XYIE

Menetnashté
New Trailer:

kvSKaq5XYIE
Is that the only one, I mean it comes out soon right? But I haven't seen any others.

Micheal_Myers
I honestly cant wait....I'm pretty excited.

SelphieT
Its supposed to be more of a prequel.

I'm up to seeing it. I love Rob Zombie, I think he did a great job with House of 1000 Corpses, and the Devil's Rejects.

steverules
That looks so frigging cool, and it looks like they will have the original ending...I dunno if he'll die or get away like the original and they are gonna show how he escapes which is good. I thought on wiki it said he was protective off his sister, so why would he wanna kill her???

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I will go see Rob Zombie's version only to see if it is like the original.

steverules
it's some new bits, I will see it for sure

Solo
Rob Zombie's Halloween has the potential of merely being good. It can not, however, be a masterpiece.

Impediment
Originally posted by Solo
Rob Zombie's Halloween has the potential of merely being good. It can not, however, be a masterpiece.

Well said, sir. I agree 100%.

Tyranno-Chris
Who was that small person with Michaels mask on, he wasn't Michael as a kid or Michael, cause last I checked "The Boogeyman" was not 3 feet tall. And I can't wait to see this!!!!!!!! It looks so awesome!

Impediment
Who was that small person with Michaels mask on, he wasn't Michael as a kid or Michael, cause last I checked "The Boogeyman" was not 3 feet tall. And I can't wait to see this!!!!!!!! It looks so awesome!

As a matter of fact, that was Michael, but when he was 6 years old.

Rob Zombie said that in his movie, he will tell the backstory of why Michael chooses the William Shatner mask as his identity.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I will go see Rob Zombie's version only to see if it is like the original.
It looks as though it's going to basically be the first, not too many changes, except additional things. I really hope it's similar to, Halloween remains one of the few movies that scares me. I hope they have the scene where she looks out the window and sees him behind the sheets. IMO, one of the best parts of the film.

Don't think this trailer was shown on here.
Tv7cJeLS_YE

Kazenji

But this new one is gonna be rob zombies version not remake of the john carpenter one

this sort of thing has happen before john carpenter made his version of "The thing from the another world" = The Thing and also Brian De Palma Scarface.

Impediment
It's going to be a re-make/prequel. Basically a retelling of the original story, but with added storylines when Michael was in the asylum.

allofyousuckkk
If he decides to let Michael live at the end, they should continue on to make the second movie and stop there. (assuming this remake will be good)

The second has and always will be my fav. of the series.

And H20 wasn't bad at all ppl.

Kazenji
It's going to be a re-make/prequel.

Yep and done different.

Tyranno-Chris
As a matter of fact, that was Michael, but when he was 6 years old.

Rob Zombie said that in his movie, he will tell the backstory of why Michael chooses the William Shatner mask as his identity.
Oh, I thought he would be using the Clown Mask like in the 78 movie.

Prince Nauj
Im looking forward for this movie

Tyranno-Chris
I think he's 10 in this movie.

Impediment
You quoted yourself?

Menetnashté
he does wear the clown mask...

Darth Vicious
Im looking forward to this movie too specially since it seems to be a prequel.

GrillingNemo
When is the new Halloween movie coming out? I thought it would be released on Halloween but I recently read some thing saying the end of August. Does anyone know?

Bat Dude
I'm truly sick of all the remakes in this day and age... It seems every movie needs to be remade to suit this generation... It's horrible... They got to these already...

Omen
Hills Have Eyes
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (though Jessica Biel was hot)
The Fog
and now Halloween...

I swear, the second they remake Nightmare on Elms Street or Friday the 13th, I'm gonna shoot my television...

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I'm truly sick of all the remakes in this day and age... It seems every movie needs to be remade to suit this generation... It's horrible... They got to these already...

Omen
Hills Have Eyes
The Fog
and now Halloween...

I swear, the second they remake Nightmare on Elms Street or Friday the 13th, I'm gonna shoot my television... They are actually talking about remaking them and also Alice Sweet Alice, Hellraiser, The Evil Dead, and Last House on the Left. There usually is a gem though. I think the ratio is like ten to one of bad remakes to good. The last good one I saw was Dawn of the Dead.

Mr Parker

Omen
Hills Have Eyes
The Fog
and now Halloween...

I swear, the second they remake Nightmare on Elms Street or Friday the 13th, I'm gonna shoot my television...

same here.God I am so sick and pissed at hollywood for making all these remakes.first amityville horror,then hills have eyes,texas chainsaw massacre,the fog,and god how could those bastards even CONSIDER making a remake of the classic OMEN? mad nobody can come close to equaling gregory pecks performance in that movie.then there is that freaking king kong movie.thats like the second time they have remade that film. mad I actually think this halloween movie will be good though because its not really a remake,its a prequal to the first movie,so theres a difference.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
If he decides to let Michael live at the end, they should continue on to make the second movie and stop there. (assuming this remake will be good)

The second has and always will be my fav. of the series.

And H20 wasn't bad at all ppl.

yeah H20 wasnt bad,dont see how anybody can complain about that one.the one they should be outraged over is resurrection.God that one sucked,how could they dare kill of Laurie.those bastards? mad may they burn in hell for that. mad

as for the person asking about when its coming out? yeah I thought I had heard somewhere it was going to be august as well but I havent heard anything since then which was a long time ago,they must have pushed it back. confused

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I will see this in two weeks. It looks intriguing. I hope Zombie does a decent job. If this is successful, then there will be more.

PiruBlood
i agree the remake shit is getting out of hand but rob zombie has a good mind for his films so i got faith in him.

Impediment
I'm genuinely interested in Zombie's vision of this film, but I am still of the opinion that it does not need to be re-made at all.

Mr Parker
I saw the trailers for it and now i am not so excited about it as I was before because they are doing a lot of the same scenes that they did in the first film so actually I would say for the people who thougth it wasnt a remake,it actually IS.the only difference is they are giving a much better backstory this time.In the movie,it shows michael kill Laurie,then he gets taken away and doesnt get out till he is an adult and 21.well in this remake,we get to see all the events that took place while he was at the hospital some of them while he was a kid apparently.so thats kinda nice that we will get to see that.I always wondered what all went on there at the hospital with michael when he was a kid.The only thing Im wondering about it where could they go from here if they make another one.please stop.make this one and lets all just pretend that resurrection never happened and it ended with H20.

Micheal_Myers
I'm genuinely interested in Zombie's vision of this film, but I am still of the opinion that it does not need to be re-made at all.

Halloween doesnt need to be remade.It is a true classic.Michael Myers is one of the most recognizable faces in horror.I'm sure alot of people outside of this forum didnt realise that The Omen and The Hills Have Eyes were actually remakes.So it would be neccesary to remake movies like that to keep good movies modern.Myers doesnt need to be modernized.Everyone already knows who he is and what movie he is from.(I shouldnt say everybody...There are still the retards that think he is Jason...)

But however...Its the newest addition to the Halloween franchise.It doesnt need to be made, but I'm sure it will be great and I am really looking foreward to it.

Big Sexy
Halloween doesnt need to be remade.It is a true classic.Michael Myers is one of the most recognizable faces in horror.I'm sure alot of people outside of this forum didnt realise that The Omen and The Hills Have Eyes were actually remakes.So it would be neccesary to remake movies like that to keep good movies modern.Myers doesnt need to be modernized.Everyone already knows who he is and what movie he is from.(I shouldnt say everybody...There are still the retards that think he is Jason...)

But however...Its the newest addition to the Halloween franchise.It doesnt need to be made, but I'm sure it will be great and I am really looking foreward to it. Not the omen. That remake was terrible.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Not the omen. That remake was terrible.

Don't forget The Exorcist remake. That was even more horrible.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Not the omen. That remake was terrible.

The remake was way better than the original, imho.

Oh and Holloween will be nice. The Rob Zombie version.....i dunno.

I hope he doesn't make it pop-ish.

Impediment
RE: The Omen re-make.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

I've lost all faith in you. no expression

Impediment
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Don't forget The Exorcist remake. That was even more horrible.

There is no Exorcist re-make.

FistOfThe North
RE: The Omen re-make.

I've lost all faith in you. no expression

I'm not downgrading the original one.You probably only like the original because of nostalgia perhaps but it's exactly the same story but the newer one looked way better.

It had the modern touch.

BinaryCleric
This is the Halloween Remake, the beginning of it all. So no, Michael Myers does not die.

roughrider
After watching some behind the scenes footage on Yahoo, I may have to soften my opinion on Zombie. He's says the film isn't being made with a sequel in mind, and even if it was he wouldn't do it. Which means Michael may be put to rest in this one. The supernatural elements of the story previous - with the themes coming from the festival of Samhain - look to be removed this time.

Tyranno-Chris

Pop-ish? What are you talking about?

FistOfThe North
Pop-ish? What are you talking about?

meaning i hope he doesn't romatisize the violence in it like he's done with his other films.

Darth Vicious
I just finished watching an "advanced screening" and I gotta say, It was better than I hoped. It kept me interested the whole time and the supernatural elements were pretty much gone. Taylor Mane as Michael was a bit too tall and skinny for my taste but damn he had presence. The ending did seemed to be definitive.

Mirai Gohan
How did it end?

Darth Vicious
Wont spoil but since the supernatural elements are removed the ending seemed definite.

Mirai Gohan
Just tell me in a PM.

Claude_Rains
I was against the re-make of this one too. After I heard who was directing it, and the cast, I was prepared to give it a chance. Haven't seen it yet, will buy it on DVD.

steverules
I've seen it basically it ends like this Michael grabs his sister out of car Loomis talks Michael into letting her go, Michael after letting her go is shot by a load of cops Loomis tells them to stop but it is too late and the last thing we see is Loomis kneeling next to Michaels body and you Michaels masked face and his eyes closed, you then hear a tape recording of Loomis talking to Michael when he was a child I don't really like this ending tbh

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by steverules
I've seen it basically it ends like this Michael grabs his sister out of car Loomis talks Michael into letting her go, Michael after letting her go is shot by a load of cops Loomis tells them to stop but it is too late and the last thing we see is Loomis kneeling next to Michaels body and you Michaels masked face and his eyes closed, you then hear a tape recording of Loomis talking to Michael when he was a child I don't really like this ending tbh
Pretty much the ending to Halloween 4 but since he aint supernatural, he dies.

steverules
In Halloween four did they Use a rocket launcher on him but yeah he didn't die in four

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by steverules
In Halloween four did they Use a rocket launcher on him but yeah he didn't die in four
I dont remember but 4 is when the police catches with Michael Myers and shoot the shit outta of him?

steverules
Ok I just read on wikipedia that the police shoot him and Michael then fall down an abandoned mine shaft which collapses on him when the deputies throw dynamite down the shaft

Zilverz
saw the workprint and it was incredible! graphic and very tense .. even the music gave me creepy chills.. rob is really getting good .. i will be seeing it in theaters this weekend and buying the HD

steverules
I got it on PSP...the workprint that is

Impediment
The ending to the original Halloween was one of the most perfect endings to any horror movie, in my opinion. Michael gets shot 6 times by Loomis, falls out of a second story balcony, and is sprawled out on the lawn. Loomis looks away for 30 seconds and finds Michael gone without a trace. Then all you hear is heavy breathing. He is still alive. He is still going to kill.................

The supernatural element of the 1st Halloween movie is what makes it so timeless. I sincerely hope that Zombie won't f*ck with these elements.

Mirai Gohan
I do, Myers should be a regular human, not some supernatural freak of nature. A regular super-strong psychopath will do just fine.

SelphieT
I'm gunna see it dis weekend!

Oomny
I plan to see it myself. I have high hopes for this film. i don't think he will screw it up. I mean Horror remakes end up sucking real bad *cough* omen *cough*. hopefully we can see the end of this

Tyranno-Chris
My words of encouragement rob zombie, don't f*** this up. smile
good luck!

MildPossession
Apparently it's one of the worst remakes ever according to someone I know who has seen it... not looking good as I didn't enjoy his first two movies. I will wait till I see it for myself.

steverules
I prefer the original ending

Oomny
Originally posted by MildPossession
Apparently it's one of the worst remakes ever according to someone I know who has seen it... not looking good as I didn't enjoy his first two movies. I will wait till I see it for myself.

worse than omen? wow..but then again is just one person

Darth Vicious
I thought it was good. Im watching it again over the weekend.

Zilverz
Originally posted by MildPossession

whoever told you that is not a HORROR or HALLOWEEN fan .. zombie nailed it .. i dont know any better way to put it

the ONLY area of improvement i could find was Loomis's Character. It was not bad, nor does it detract from the film, but it did not match the superb acting of Donald Pleasence.

MildPossession
He absolutely loves the first Halloween film actually.

ragesRemorse
ASide form the last half hour it was a really good flick

Wolfie
I liked the remake. I knew Zombie wasn't trying to do the same thing so I found his take interesting.
Originally posted by Zilverz
the ONLY area of improvement i could find was Loomis's Character. It was not bad, nor does it detract from the film, but it did not match the superb acting of Donald Pleasence.
Actually, I liked this Loomis. But yes, no one can match Donald Pleasance.

I gotta say the only actor needed replacing was the Laurie character. She turned the great performance from Jamie Lee Curtis into just another teen slasher screaming girl.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Wolfie
I liked the remake. I knew Zombie wasn't trying to do the same thing so I found his take interesting.

I gotta say the only actor needed replacing was the Laurie character. She turned the great performance from Jamie Lee Curtis into just another teen slasher screaming girl.

I agree with that. With the original I was praying for Jamie Lee in the remake I didnt care for the character.

The scene I really liked was towards the end when Michael was chasing Laurie and she went into the empty swimming pool and the only way out was through Michael. I thought she was done for sure.

Micheal_Myers
It was good.The story went ALOT differently than the original though.Kills got out of order and Loomis and Myers died . After Myers carried Laurie away the movies ending became completely different.Which wasnt a bad thing until the very very end.I loved how they explained Michaels past. But in a way it did kind of take away from the mysteriousness of the character. There were WAY too many sex scenes. I knew there would be at least one. But three!?!?!?!It was the same thing each time too!I get it already!These teens like to have sex, lets see some different kills now!Other than that, this movie was pretty impressive. Zombie went in trying to make the character scary again, and thats exactly what he did. While walking out, people were talking about how scary the movie was. Though the fright and greatness of the original will never be matched. He was able to somehow make the already dark story of Micheal Myers not only dark again, but even darker than before.

Darth Vicious
Loomis died?. Sorry I saw the workprint which couldve changed. There were 4 sex scenes in the workprint. Did they removed the rape scene completly?

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Loomis died?. Sorry I saw the workprint which couldve changed. There were 4 sex scenes in the workprint. Did they removed the rape scene completly?

Yeah, I dont remember any rape scene or anything. Just three scenes of teens having sex only to get butchered....naked...and yes At the end Loomis got wtfpwned by Myers

mr.smiley
The reviews have been bad,but I absolutley loved this movie.
I can't help but think the reviewers who gave this a terrible review,are probably the same idiots who thought Busta Rythmes pulling out some Kung Fu on Micheale Myers was a great addition to the 'franchise'.
I thought he handled the characters well,and the movie seemed to be more of a documentary on the life of a vicious murderer,instead of focusing on a young girl who is stalked by a mysterious man in a mask.I still love the original,but I have to say I think Zombie's Halloween is the best since the first movie.

I thought Zombie did an excellent job.He took a horror classic and made it his own monster.I would love to see him put that spark back into Friday the Thirteenth and A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Wolfie

I gotta say the only actor needed replacing was the Laurie character. She turned the great performance from Jamie Lee Curtis into just another teen slasher screaming girl. Agreed, she was a bad actress. There is no comparison between her and Curtis's performance.

jgiant
Personally i thought this was a huge dissapointment. The acting was pretty terrible, aside from loomis. There was more funny parts that people were laughing at then serious horror moments. Myers reminded me more like Jason than Myers. The only part I liked was how Myers developed into the monster he was. I don't know why or how some of the shit in the movie happened. Ohh well.

FistOfThe North
Just saw Holloween. I liked it.. I wonder where in the saga does this film take place..and did he get killed off or not..

While in the theatres, I had my own ideas on how Myers killing tactics should've, more creatively, went but everyone has their own vision just like Rob Zombie does.

Kinda reminded me of the Anakin Skywalker story a bit..

Mr Parker
I personally thought this movie was a letdown and dissapointment as well.The first half was interesting,showing some of the events that went on early in his childhood and it was interesting seeing some of the things that went on in his childhood at the sanitarium as well.However I felt they could have gone intom even MORE detail on events that went on there at that sanitarium in his childhood while growing up at the sanitarium.Like in the original halloween movie,they realised there wasnt enough information there after it was released about his childhood.so when they re aired it for television a few years later.they afilmed and added some additional scenes in there of him at the sanitarium with Loomis with Loomis talking to him as a boy saying-you got them all fooled dont you michael? well you dont got me fooled.I see what your doing,you dont fool me for a second.they should have included that in there.

Also,in the original book written before the movie,they talked about how the other kid patients over a course of time all became afraid of michael and would do what he wanted them to do and that made a point of it in the book that that was why they were all out in their jammies that night he escaped because he wanted that and they did what he wanted there.They should have gone into more detail on how he always looked pasty the walls with a blank stare and never spoke anything as well.Plus thr other thing that really bothered me is unless you read the book,you never could understand in the movies WHY he could not be killed.That was something I was hoping they would clear up in THIS film but they never did.

The second half was totally inconsistant with the first half and thats what mainly hurt it I think.It all felt too rushed and not near as well thought out and planned like it should have been.Still though it was much better thanthat god awful crapfest Halloween Rusurrection I try to tell myself never happened and was never made.All in all considering all this,I would give it a 6 out of a possible 10.

Mr Parker
H20 and Ressurection were indeed the worst in the series.I still enjoy them, but hey, with Zombie at the helm of this I have faith.I think he really understands what makes Myers frightening, and will use it to his full advantage in his coming movie.

H20 was MUCH better than that crapfest and disgusting Resurrection.May the producers of that film burn in hell for killing off Laurie. mad the whole damn thing should have ended with H20 with michael getting his head cut off. mad I try to pretend that Resurrection never happened.H20 is an acceptable halloween movie,RESURRECTION is NOT!!!!

Mr Parker

WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU ON? mad THE OMEN REMAKE WAS A DISGRACE!!!!!! people should not listen to this guy after that. laughing

allofyousuckkk
I try and look at this two ways. If I imagine that the original never existed and Rob Zombie came up with "Michael Myers" it was really good.

However, knowing that the original did exist, I'm very dissapointed. Zombie relies on an excessive amount of blood and jump scares to maker this film a horror. The original Halloween had a creepy feel, with very little of both of those elements.

Things I didn't like:

1. I didn't like that they showed Michael as a child. He wa stoo old as well. The beginning of the first movie was amazing. It didn't give michael an excuse to be evil like this one did. In the original (he wa s6 years old?) he just killed his sister and her boyfriend for no reason, then he is found in the street with the knife by his parents. Perfect

2.He is unbelievably HUGE. When the hell did this happen? Why was he a ****ing Hulk?

3. Why was Laurie so stupid? She just kept making noise. Jesus, stop! Also, she never fought back until the very end. Zombie made her a wuss whereas Jamie Lee Curtis was fighting back and trying to survive.

4. Michael and Loomis died? what the **** was up with that?

5. To cut out the closet scene and the very ending of the movies is completely rediculous. not to mention hwen he is shot off of the roof

6. The clown mask at the beginning wasn't creepy at all.

7. They made him seem less supernatural than he was.

8. Michael should NEVER show compassion towards anyone.

Things I liked:
1. I deffinately liked the grey mask much more than the white. It added to the creepy effect.

2. I really liked Laurie. Although her part was bad, she did it pretty well imo.

3. The ceiling scene was pretty kickass. As was the swimming pool scene.

4. I loved that they showed what happened to the Strodes (Idt theyh did in the original)

5. The guy from "Spy Kids" is killed. Thank ****ing god.

Mr Parker
I pretty much agree with everything your saying except the first point.I never liked it that they never gave an explanation for WHY he killed them.thats the problem with ALL of the halloween movies and why they have all dissapointed me.NONE of them give an explanation for WHY he kills them or WHY he cant be killed so unless you have read the book,your confused the whole time in the movies.

Micheal_Myers
I pretty much agree with everything your saying except the first point.I never liked it that they never gave an explanation for WHY he killed them.thats the problem with ALL of the halloween movies and why they have all dissapointed me.NONE of them give an explanation for WHY he kills them or WHY he cant be killed so unless you have read the book,your confused the whole time in the movies.

Half of me agrees with you and the other half doesnt.I really liked seeing why Michael became what he was.But in the original it just made him soo much more mysterious and creepy not knowing why he was doing things.The original will always be far superior, but Rob Zombies version was great as well.Zombie did what he wanted to do...

Solo
It's by far the worst movie I've seen all year. I wish I was Michael Myer's first victim so I wouldn't have had to sit through that shit.

BackFire
It was weird how they gave Michael a huge backstory and shit.

Still, Sheri Moon stripping is worth the price of admission.

SelphieT
I pretty much believe the movie was split into two.

The first part, had to do with his childhood, which was the prequel part. The second, that halloween night he got out. Which would be the remake.

I liked the backstory part. When I first saw that Sheri Moon was the mom, I was like, great, she'll probably suck at being a mom, but no, I was wrong. She was probably the best actress in that whole damn movie. But overall, I liked the beginning.

I also liked the new Dr. Loomis. He had personality, and wasn't boring and dull like the original. In the old one, I was hoping Loomis would die, while in this one, I was hoping he wouldn't die.

The second half however.....I hated. I only liked the actors, and hated the actresses.

All of the teenagers were portrayed terribly, ESPECIALLY Laurie. I was soooo disappointed. Laurie in the original was a conservative, shy, yet brave girl. In this one, she was a pervert, annoying, and was not brave at all.

But I did like all of the actors from House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects. And I also liked how Brad Dourif was in the movie as well. I think all the men in the movie were very good, unlike the girls.

I didn't like the ending. It was obviously completely different, and didn't stay true to the original.

I am severely disappointed with Rob Zombie on this one, when he had such masterpieces like House of 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects.

Anyone who is a true Halloween fan should see it, just to say, oh yeah, I've seen it. But I'd probably just wait till a buddy rents this one, to watch it. It wasn't worth $7+ to see.

Impediment
I saw it. I hated it. I'm not going to write a review.

I hope this movie ruins Rob Zombie's movie career. Then maybe he can go back to making music. Then again, Educated Horses sucked.

Zilverz
Originally posted by BackFire
It was weird how they gave Michael a huge backstory and shit.

Still, Sheri Moon stripping is worth the price of admission.

oh come on backfire .. is that all you got to say about it ? (:

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Solo
It's by far the worst movie I've seen all year. I wish I was Michael Myer's first victim so I wouldn't have had to sit through that shit. lmao ..heard it was bad and didnt want to risk it

shoulda ended with H20 (if that)

I have no idea in hell how rob zombie thought he could add anything better than john carpenter sick

SelphieT
It should have ended after two..........in my opinion......

steverules
Thats what I think end it with Michael burning that would've made the perfect ending

BackFire
Originally posted by Zilverz
oh come on backfire .. is that all you got to say about it ? (:

Pretty much.

Nothing much worth discussing about it. While I don't think it was as horrible as some others seem to think, it certainly wasn't good.

Also, Rob Zombie should be banned from writing dialogue for teenage girls, he made them more annoying than they are in real life, somehow.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SelphieT
I pretty much believe the movie was split into two.

The first part, had to do with his childhood, which was the prequel part. The second, that halloween night he got out. Which would be the remake.

I liked the backstory part. When I first saw that Sheri Moon was the mom, I was like, great, she'll probably suck at being a mom, but no, I was wrong. She was probably the best actress in that whole damn movie. But overall, I liked the beginning.

I also liked the new Dr. Loomis. He had personality, and wasn't boring and dull like the original. In the old one, I was hoping Loomis would die, while in this one, I was hoping he wouldn't die.

The second half however.....I hated. I only liked the actors, and hated the actresses.

All of the teenagers were portrayed terribly, ESPECIALLY Laurie. I was soooo disappointed. Laurie in the original was a conservative, shy, yet brave girl. In this one, she was a pervert, annoying, and was not brave at all.

But I did like all of the actors from House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects. And I also liked how Brad Dourif was in the movie as well. I think all the men in the movie were very good, unlike the girls.

I didn't like the ending. It was obviously completely different, and didn't stay true to the original.

I am severely disappointed with Rob Zombie on this one, when he had such masterpieces like House of 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects.

Anyone who is a true Halloween fan should see it, just to say, oh yeah, I've seen it. But I'd probably just wait till a buddy rents this one, to watch it. It wasn't worth $7+ to see.

I agree with everything you are saying except for the part about Loomis in the orignal.Are you nuts,are you crazy? thats what always made the halloween movies worth going back for was watching the awesome performance that Donald Pleasance gave as Loomis.He definetely always made the movies fun to watch.Your the first person I have ever heard say anything negative about Pleasance.I totally agree with you about the second half and the ending.the second half pretty much ruined it for me.I still cant understand WHY they find it so damn hard to give an explanation for the audience WHY michael cant be killed after all of these movies. mad this one being about his childhood I was especially let down because I figured we would FINALLY get an answer. mad

SelphieT
I agree with everything you are saying except for the part about Loomis in the orignal.Are you nuts,are you crazy? thats what always made the halloween movies worth going back for was watching the awesome performance that Donald Pleasance gave as Loomis.He definetely always made the movies fun to watch.Your the first person I have ever heard say anything negative about Pleasance.I totally agree with you about the second half and the ending.the second half pretty much ruined it for me.I still cant understand WHY they find it so damn hard to give an explanation for the audience WHY michael cant be killed after all of these movies. mad this one being about his childhood I was especially let down because I figured we would FINALLY get an answer. mad

I'm sorry, but I personally thought Donald Pleasance was just.......annoying as Loomis. The original character of Loomis, seemed to have no personality, other than just being a dried up boring sap. Sure, the acting was good, but I guess I just didn't like the character.

This new one however, was much more believable in my opinion. Yes I know, this is the first time I've liked something from a remake better than the original, but I'm tellin' ya man. The new Loomis had feelings, or at least showed them.

Big Sexy
Why did the second half of the movie feel like a directors cut of Halloween. Instead of seeing everything from the victims point of view we look at it from Michael. For every ten bad touches he had one good touch.
dislikes
I didn't like the approach of making Michael less supernatural.
Why was Michael so huge. He was too big
Though the kills were okay I felt like I was watching Jason not Michael Myers. Michaels usually went from the kills with the knife wheras Jason was more in tone with brutalizing his victims.
The dialog for the actresses were terrible. In the first I felt the characters were very believable. In this movie the actresses felt like stereotypes of high school girls moving closer to being a satire.
Killing Loomis and Michael (what the hell)

I did like how Michael kills the one person that was nice to him. it showed how evil he was
Seeing what happened to the Strodes was a nice touch
Seeing his child hood was okay but it made him look like a psycho. In the original Loomis saw him as a monster not a maniac.

Bat Dude
I heard this movie sucked...

Are my sources true?

Impediment

Are my sources true?

Opinions are like @$$holes. Everybody is going to have one.

Personally, I disliked it. The original is timeless.

Darth Vicious
Well the movie did pretty good at the box office making over $31 mil. That probably means that even if Rob wont do anymore, the studio probably will. Also it wouldnt surprise me one bit if we see remakes of the other slasher movies.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Well the movie did pretty good at the box office making over $31 mil. That probably means that even if Rob wont do anymore, the studio probably will. Also it wouldnt surprise me one bit if we see remakes of the other slasher movies. the movie t me was a huge letdown. i remember being in the theater and thinking theres no way i wont love it and after 30 minutes i knew it wasnt going to get any better. really this movie showed me what star wars showed me. that less is better. i dont like seeing the reasons that they do what they do. it turned me off with vader. stupid hayden ruined him for me. and this although it didnt ruin the original myers it did ruin this one.

sorry but i wanted the real loomis and missed his crazy lines. this was one was more realistic i thought but thats not what i want. i loved rejects and thought this was poor. i cant believe michael and loomis died. im glad michael died though but loomis. i hope the dont bring either abck and let this movie rest in peace.

i hope they dont start remaking more horror movies.

i want freddyvs jason vs michael.

id love to see both whip mikes ass.

mr.smiley
Did anyone read the interview with Zombie out of Rue Morgue magazine?
It was pretty interesting.I'll post some of the highlights if anyone is curious.

Darth Martin
I'm curious! Btw don't post much in horror section tho.

Personally I like the Halloween franchise much more than the Friday the Thirteenth one. Those aren't really scary, just gore. Whereas the original Halloween maybe not had alot of gore but it had suspense and an aweswome soundtrack. Btw can't wait to see this movie!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lmao ..heard it was bad and didn't want to risk it

shoulda ended with H20 (if that)

I have no idea in hell how rob zombie thought he could add anything better than john carpenter sick

you got that right.it for sure should have ended with H2O.H20 was much better than these last two crapfest halloween movies.matter of fact I think I got to lower my rating number from 6 to 4 now.I cant believe they STILL after all this time, didn't bother to explain to the audience WHY Michael cant be killed or WHY he kills.Loomis just like in the first movie again said-This isn't a man.Well duh,obviously not with the way he never died in any of the halloween movies and the supernatural strength he had to break free from those chains.Not even the worlds strongest bodybuilder could do that.not effortlessly anyways,it would take him a long time to do so if he did at all.that being the case,WHAT THE HELL IS HE SINCE HE IS OBVIOUSLY "NOT" A MAN!!!!! mad we deserve an explanation for that by now.well since someone else already mentioned it,I cant believe the bastards killed off Loomis either.I dont think Michael is dead though.He cant be killed from the way Laurie tried to kill him remember? trust me,there will be another damn sequel AGAIN.

Mr Parker

Are my sources true?

yes.VERY true.at least it wasnt as horrible as that god awful Resurrection though.as i have said before,I try to pretend that one never happened and it all ended with H20 the way it SHOULD have. mad

quanchi112
halloween's creativity died along time ago. now here come some crappy sequels to a crappy remake.

steverules
I guess we won't be gettin Halloween 9....or are we?

Mr Parker
uh where do you get that absurd idea? AGAIN for the people that did not read my previous post,dont put down any money that this will be the last Halloween movie.you CANT simply kill Michael Myers with just a gunshot to the head.There WILL be another one.He has to have his head cut off or something like that for the movie to end.which again is why Halloween H20 should have been the last movie.it was such a perfect ending and the perfect way for him to go out. mad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>