Alternate Reality: WWII in our Times

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Scenerio:

For some strange unexplained phenomenon. WWII does not happen in the late 1930's. Everything remains the same in Europe and the rest of the world. There are no wars between 1940's to the Present. However, the Third Reich grows and begins to invade smaller countries. England and France declare war on the Axis.

We Americans and the Canadians do not get involved after a few years later in the war.

Question:

Would you enlist to fight the Nazi regime and defeat Hitler.

Or

You would remain neutral and wait for the results of the war.

Be as honest as you can with your answer.

quickshot
Im english so i'd have to, but if i was american i still would fight

Lord Urizen
It depends on what the circumstances are:

If I recieved news and proof that Hitler is invading Poland, and sending minorities to camps to be tortured, than f*ck yeah I enlist and fight...

If all I am told is that Hitler might possibly have weapons of Mass Destruction, or that he may have been involved in 911, i dont fight until I get further info.....

Marxman
If I know about the horror that Hitler and his Nazis are committing then I definitely enlist so I can whoop was Nazi-Fascist ass.

Then I probably try to desert towards the end of my contract and spend the rest of my life in southern Spain. big grin

Marxman
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
If all I am told is that Hitler might possibly have weapons of Mass Destruction, or that he may have been involved in 911, i dont fight until I get further info.....

lol

Jadyn
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
It depends on what the circumstances are:

If I recieved news and proof that Hitler is invading Poland, and sending minorities to camps to be tortured, than f*ck yeah I enlist and fight...

Agreed.

Darth Macabre
Did Pearl Harbor happen?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Scenerio:

For some strange unexplained phenomenon. WWII does not happen in the late 1930's. Everything remains the same in Europe and the rest of the world. There are no wars between 1940's to the Present. However, the Third Reich grows and begins to invade smaller countries. England and France declare war on the Axis.

We Americans and the Canadians do not get involved after a few years later in the war.

Question:

Would you enlist to fight the Nazi regime and defeat Hitler.

Or

You would remain neutral and wait for the results of the war.

Be as honest as you can with your answer.

Edit

grey fox
Somebody would Nuke Germany.

Simple end to the war.

quickshot
No they wouldn't nuke germany as england and france would get hit in the fallout.

Capt_Fantastic
It depends on a lot of things.

How has Germany recovered from the treaty of versailles, or has it not recovered at all and spent the last 90 years paying off their debts?

Has humanity already developed atomic weapons? And, do as many countries have them as they do in this modern reality?

You mention the Axis. Does this mean that Italy and Japan are allied with Germany? And is this modern Italy and Japan?

What's Russia doing? Has it collapsed under communism without the cold war, or has it remained a world power?

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by quickshot
No they wouldn't nuke germany as england and france would get hit in the fallout.

The bombes were smaller then. A few cities would have been taken out.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Molly Hayes
The bombes were smaller then. A few cities would have been taken out.

but this is set in the present day so the nukes could be huge

plus it would be avoided due to the threat of German retaliation on everyone around them

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
but this is set in the present day so the nukes could be huge

plus it would be avoided due to the threat of German retaliation on everyone around them

Ah h but does this mean Hiesenberg got germany the bomb first of Bohr joined Oppenheimer and the Manhattan Project was successful first?

Or did nobody build the bomb? I don't believe fission will not take place.

debbiejo
IMO today it would not seceed (sp)as it did before...to much technology and warfare instillation's. It would be cut off and soon.

Ushgarak
Why isn't Canada part of the Empire?

WrathfulDwarf
That's just part of the "Alternate Reality" thingy. big grin

Actually, this is how I heard the scenerio and decided to present it to you guys. Given it's flaws the scenerio still presents a serious question. Would you enlist to fight the Third Reich?

Marxman
I've given this some more thought and I've come to the conclusion that at first I probably wouldn't enlist, even after hearing about the things they are doing (like the concentration camps, etc). Lord Urizen brings up a good point. We had already been lied to about the WMDs in Iraq. We were lie to about the reason for going to war there, and even though we went to war, we got ass raped.

And I mean, to be honest, who would believe something like that? It's unimaginable what the Nazis did to the Jews. After being lied to about the WMDs I'd definitely call bull shit on the Holocaust. And how would I know that we have a winning plan this time? We got owned by a rag tag group of Iraqis. How are we going to win against the well trained army of the Nazis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.