Dark Knight Returns Video Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Paradise
If you think about it, DKR would make a great video game on so many levels. Even if the video game weren't intended to match the brilliance of the book in terms of the writing and the feel, it would still really work.

It's mostly about the way the story builds: from Harvey Dent to the Mutants to the Joker through to the end. There's also potential for a number of boss-fights, and it would be a great free-roaming Gotham with all the random crimes.

What do you think?

lorddreamer
I'm a little cautious about that. Have you played Batman Begins?

Super Guy
I liked Batman Begins!

lorddreamer
^ was cool till the end. I hated the fighting and not being able to whip out my crazy gizmos at will... the game pretty much just plays itself.

Darth Jello
DK2 would be cool too

NoFate007
They need to make a Spider-Man 2 style Batman game where they take some of the ideas from the Superman game as well (but not much, since it sucked) and apply it. Instead of cycling through your heat vision, ice breath, etc powers, you could be cycling through gadgets. It could all take place in Gotham and include tons of different villains doing tons of different crimes, and like you said, since they have random things to stop all the time, Gotham is ripe with crime to do this. They just can't have Batman stopping balloons...lol Instead of web-swinging or flying, you get the Batmobile. They could use some of the best storylines from the characters and use those as the plots you have to stop. I think that type of a game would be great. I've never read Dark Knight Returns though, so I can't say whether or not I think that specifically would be a good game.

Superguy
Knightfall could make a good game... I'd like it in the style of the Return of the King mission framework, in that you get different "paths" where you play as different characters on each. Like, part telling Bruce's adventures as both Batman and against Benedict Asp, a JPV storyline... and a more varied one where you have Nightwing, Robin et al...

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm hoping that the next Batman game will have major improvements. For one, it'll need for combos seeing as Batman is a skilled martial artist. The next Batman game also needs free-roaming & you need to have the ability to throw smoke bombs, batarangs, etc. at your enemies. You should also be able to drive the batmobile when you're free-roaming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.