Who could replace Cap, Spidey and Iron Man in Civil War... ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
Let's say that the Civil War storyline takes place at a time when Cap, Spidey and Iron Man are all off on their own little planets having their own little "Planet____" storyarcs.

What characters could replace the parts they're playing in the Civil War storyline? Would the story work without these characters?

Martian_mind
i doubt that this event would be as big if these heroes weren't used,but if i had to swap some people i would replace Ironman with professor Xavier,Spidey with cyclops and cap with Daredevil.

Wally West
Good choices with Xavier and Cyclops, although I think Cyclops would be better suited in the Captain America role. You could give Spider-Man's role to Wolverine I suppose and make it an X-fest.

Martian_mind
I've made it a goal to never mention a certain hairy canadian by name.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Martian_mind
i doubt that this event would be as big if these heroes weren't used,but if i had to swap some people i would replace Ironman with professor Xavier,Spidey with cyclops and cap with Daredevil. DD and Prof X playing the parts of Cap and Stark wouldn't work in the least. They have barely any connection at all. I could see Cyke playing Cap's role and Chuck playing Stark's. DD could play Spidey's, but him unmasking himself on live tv would be a bit redundant after the whole outed-in-the-tabloids thing.

It's not just about filling the spots with other big name characters, it's about finding characters that would fit the part of the person they're replacing in the story to a tee.

Martian_mind
Well that's pretty damn impossible as few heroes are as well connected as those three. mad Damn you and your difficult to answer questions!!!

The Pict
Prof X is a good choice for the Iron Man role. He's showed, recently, that he has a pretty dark side.

marvelprince
Prof X for Iron Man, Cable for Captain America.

No idea who can fill Spidey's role though I keep thinking Deadpool would be interesting to have leaving Cable to join Charles but since his identity isn't really a secret him unmasking would only cause people to throw up.

Got da virus
Winter Soldier, War Machine and Ben Riley, would be my sarcastic answer. My real answer is a huge rant about how it wouldn't work without the 'big three'. Too lazy to rant right now.

Ichigo66666
Kingpin, Doctor Doom and Venom.

Ichigo66666
Ben Reilly btw. But funny picks laughing out loud

outavodka
Cap/Falcon replaced by Magneto/Emma
Ironman replaced by Xavier
Spidey replaced by Cyclops
If its a Xmen thing

Cap>Superman
Ironman>Batman
Spidey>Wonderwoman
DC

heh...

xmarksthespot
Cyclops as written nowadays would never foolishly follow Xavier's words and actions without questioning him... not after the recent events. So he wouldn't fit the Spider-Man role well imo.

They really have set out to bastardize Xavier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.