Biggest question not answered by Ted and Terry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
WHY is Jack thinking of and wanting Elizabeth in DMC whilst his own life is in danger and his time to live is running out?

wink

thoughts anyone?

I cant get on wordplayer after being banned..and I'm dying to ask this question..I cant so I posted it here lol

I think this is the most important question raised in DMC and not actually answered..Ted and Terry wont say why Jack is thinking of lizzie at a time like that. I think I know why..just wish I could ask Terry and see what he says..I think the whole series revolves around that question and the "kick-ass ending" of AWE is going to be linked in with this question..its going to be the answer to it. Thats why they wont say why.

a-k-a-amber
ooooo good question do you want me to ask over there Lovely?

willofthewisp
My guess (and hope) is that Jack has Liz on his mind because he can't get her out of there. love

SarahB
yh lol..cos he loves her so muchbig grin........everybody (well mostly every1) cn see they were like totally in their own world in the curiousity scene..........anways

tht was a gd question...this is nt rly an answer but well while his time is running he was probably making the most of his time nd doing things he neva gt 2 do.....

mm well u cn 4gt wat i just sed lol...hopefully some1 has an answer

willofthewisp
I think we answered it, sarahb. Jack's falling in love.

Depprived
I just find the thought of Jack falling in love so cute, lol.

Chiki Mina
Seeing Jack, the most notirious pirate of the seven seas, having feelings...I love it.

I love seeing that side of Jack. Not the cheesy type giving flowers and writing poems, but just to see him there is much more behind all that dirt and rougish looks. I just love his sensitive side.

Mistypirate
I got the answer for you Lovely, nice to have you back BTW smile

Knowing that his time was running out, made him realized what would have been if he had chosen to live life differently to the one that he was currently living. It made him think what would have been if he had Liz in his life among other things that human beings longed to have in their lifetime.

PirateDiva
In the leaked script Barbossa tells Sao the reason they need to get Jack back is because he has a piece of the EIGHT! then Barbossa proceeds to have a line that says "Jack failed to pass it on to a successor.".....i cant help but also think that Jack while falling for LIZ also thought about maybe having a son so he can pass on the Piece! Maybe he'll get to do it in POTC3....with the character DOMINIC SCOTT KAY will be playing, JACKS SON!!!!!!

Mistypirate
There's also another line about from Barbosa that implies the same thing. I though it was really interesting.

Chiki Mina
I have not noticed on Barbossa's lines.

ivebeendepped43
aahhh!

ivebeendepped43
hi lovely!!

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I have not noticed on Barbossa's lines.

Yes it kinda give hints, its confusing but it worries me. confused sad Ill pm you.

Chiki Mina
oki doki

LovelyOne
falling in love at a time when he's about to die...WHY?

god damn who is spreading that script about?

hi I'vebeendepped!! xx

Chiki Mina
The question is why fall in love at a time when his death is about to occur?

How about with Liz?

Why she developped feelings of possible love AFTER she killed him?

PirateDiva
Well then I guess thats what we gonna find out in Number 3!!!

-savvychick-
i want it NOW!! *cries and throws a fit* all betterbig grin

Chiki Mina
I think they don't want to answer it because the answer might be in AWE.

LovelyOne
seriously though where is it all being given out from?

I'm just curious.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
My guess (and hope) is that Jack has Liz on his mind because he can't get her out of there. love

awe... so precious.

unless Liz is some plot device we don't know about. wink

Chiki Mina
This is like a KMC reunion! Lets all sing together! Kumbaya!! *holds lighter up in the air*

lol ok down to serious stuff

I guess that he fell in love in his time of death because it was a wake up call for him. That, how may I put this....that you don't know what you have till it's gone.

And I guess for Jack Sparrow, that it had to take something like to his ultimate death in order to see and realize his feelings for Liz.

Same thing with Lizzie.

ludagurl3d
It is strange, but let's think about this. It might be coincidence (the timing). I think he became vexed with her during CotBP, and that vexation and feelings continued to grow throughout the year that they were apart. so strong in fact that Liz becomes something Jack wants, but doesn't want to want very strongly. Then his debt is up and he knows that it's coming. But he can't focus entirely on that because he hasn't resolved his feelings for Elizabeth yet. That's how I see it.

willofthewisp
I agree with ludagurl. Falling in love usually can't be pinpointed to a certain moment. Realizing it may be, but not the process. So when someone asks, "why is Jack in love with her now," I would say, "why not?"

Chiki Mina
But why in his time of death?

I think they are trying to make a point. I think they just want to show Jack that you can never know what you had till you lost it.

And the same thing goes with Liz. It takes something like that to realize the feelings they had for eachother.

PirateDiva
Yes and Death only makes u realize things more!

willofthewisp
But is that really a mystery or an issue? Why does it matter? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying what everyone has said, that for these characters' personalities, they flirt and get to know one another, but need a push to really get the ball rolling. Also, another reason on why their relationship has escalated is just time. It wouldn't make much sense for them to fall in love in the first movie.

ludagurl3d
True, maybe death makes both of them realize how they feel for the other. Jack is going to die unless he finds the key/chest and he knows this. But at the same time he wants Elizabeth, probably more than his own life since he is so vexed by her that his compass when he REALLY needs it to work, doesn't.

Elizabeth for her part seems confused and upset about her attraction to Jack all throughout DMC...it's not until she kisses him and sends him to his death that she realizes just what she has lost. I always believed after the kiss she realizes her feelings for him might be more than just lust.

It' weird, but it is also coincidental timing...Jack and his debt, and him meeting Liz only a year earlier. His feelings were most likely always there that entire year they were apart and kept developing. The two (his feelings/his debt to Davy) just overlapped.

Chiki Mina
Question, again, they had all the scenes to do so--for a "fall in love" scene.

Ted & Terry are the type that works in mysterious ways. I have a feeling they did this for a purpose. I think it's a way of showing relizations from Jack and Liz. Jack realized how he could be so honest and a "good man" to sacrifice his life to save Liz and the others. With Liz, after she "killed" him. She didn't realize how much she really miss this man.

ludagurl3d
The real love story is J/E...full of love/hate, betrayal, heat, passion, and true understanding. Oh yeah...and...EXPLOSIVE chemistry.

Surreal_44
My goodness...such sugary goodness in this thread...I've thought about not posting, but eh...I can't resist. big grin

--I don't think Jack is 'in love'...in fact, Terry explains rather concisely on KTTC that they went quite far in the movie to prevent people from saying that Jack is "...easily, safely, romantically, simply in love with Elizabeth moreso than the Pearl or the sea -- the film doesn't say that. (We even go so far as to say the opposite -- to Elizabeth herself!! -- "My first and only love is the sea."wink"

--He further explains the situation this way that if it is Elizabeth vexing Jack, then it could be desire for her, or it could be that maybe she is representative of his wish to live the life of a good man.

--To add to that, he never says that it is in fact Elizabeth herself who is causing the compass difficulty. In this post, he even suggests that it may be some other woman who might be causing the trouble (he is careful to always use the words 'perhaps' and 'maybe'), and he seems to keep driving home the point that Jack doesn't know at all what he wants.

--And the last thing I would point out (because I have to, I'm so sorry. Kind of big grin ) is that Terry said that 'vexed' does not equal 'love'.

I know, I know. I'm such a killjoy. Have fun getting annoyed and picking my post apart. big grin

IheartPocky
Originally posted by Surreal_44
--He further explains the situation this way that if it is Elizabeth vexing Jack, then it could be desire for her, or it could be that maybe she is representative of his wish to live the life of a good man.

Didn't he also say that if the compass points to the waffles, it means you want THOSE waffles, not because you are hungry? So wouldn't that prove that when the compass points at Jack, it's not because she wants to be a pirate... and when the compass points to Liz, it doesn't mean he wishes to live the life of a good man.. but that he wants HER?

Did that make any sense? confused

katelovespirate
wink no way, i'm not gonna pick apart your post. what you say is true. but i don't take it as arguments against JE. i vote vexing all around. so what if he loves the sea more? i bet he doesnt MAKE LOVE to the sea.
good man, bad man, who's to lable such a thing?
kttc, really? (tries to remember where the hatchet was buried)
killing/betraying... its all part of the food chain.

oh, but i needed to say that the vexing is actually desire for liz, since t and t repeatedly said there was no transference with the compass (oh shoot, i think we buried that too). never mind, pocky got it. smile

Surreal_44
A, the Food Post....

From KTTC as well, I believe.

Just because you want a waffle, it doesn't mean that you want that delicious meal any less. It's just that at that moment, you find the waffle interesting. big grin

At that moment...so what happens when you get to the meal?

And no, you can't say, "But she liked the waffle better!", because that wasn't part of the post now, was it? big grin Also, if he had wanted to add it in, I think he would have...so yeah...waffles are 'interesting', but apparently the meal is 'delicious'. big grin

Mistypirate
Huh thats true, the film doesn't say it, the characters don't say it. But it doesn't mean it's not implied. wink

katelovespirate
screw the waffles and the meal. Elizabeth is probably on an all-James diet.

IheartPocky
lol..

Surreal_44
^^ She'd be crazy not to be. James is sexy in brocade or in...slightly dirtier and very torn up brocade. big grin

Oh, and Misty...Implied isn't the same as confirmed. Since the writer himself opens the possibility that other sources of 'vexation' exist means that they should be given equal weight.

katelovespirate

Just because you want a waffle, it doesn't mean that you want that delicious meal any less. It's just that at that moment, you find the waffle interesting. big grin

im so sick of all the waffle talk. who finds a waffle INTERESTING? no way man. you either eat it with strawberries or you let someone else eat it. a waffle on a plate, not being enjoyed, is a sad waste of a waffle. it breaks my heart to think about a waffle that someone found "interesting" but not "delicious", or "satisfying". there are starving kids in Africa. Eat the damn waffle or give it to someone who will appreciate it.

same with the feast. Elizabeth really is a pig if she's gonna keep that feast all to herself and not share it with Barbossa or the rest of the crew. They are probably hungry too.

as to the "safe, easily in love with elizabeth" bit... love/romance should NEVER be safe or easy IMO. thats denying the very nature of "Love". but i think we are all references really different kinds of LOVE. too bad we arent greek- they have like 14 words for it.

Surreal_44
^^ The Greeks were weird. big grin

I actually don't like waffles that much...mostly because I can't eat them. *weeps*

But I think the comparison was just to signify where the men stand in Elizabeth's mind, and what other symbolic items would you have used in their place?

A beautiful field of flowers and one interesting bud? A bazooka and a cap gun? Ooh, this is a fun game...someone else take a turn. big grin

Mistypirate
So Jack was possible vexed by something else? hummm I wonder why I didn't caught that one.

katelovespirate
i liked the bazooka and the cap gun. smile fun game.

Mistypirate
I never played those. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surreal_44
Oooh, another one...A flat-screen high definition tv, or a mini tv. big grin

Mistypirate
I would go with the flat screen HD TV

Surreal_44
^^ Wrong answer, love...Flat screen tv =Will big grin

Mistypirate
Thats right, Will is flat.doh I should have pick the mini-tv

PirateDiva
LMAO!

Mistypirate
A rowing boat or a yacht?

LovelyOne
OUCH!

LovelyOne
^^ She'd be crazy not to be. James is sexy in brocade or in...slightly dirtier and very torn up brocade. big grin

Oh, and Misty...Implied isn't the same as confirmed. Since the writer himself opens the possibility that other sources of 'vexation' exist means that they should be given equal weight.

but seeing as a strong theme in the movie appears to be vexation by a woman..its pretty pbvious he's vexed by Liz

Although..I think its a tad deeper...big clock...biological clock

Chiki Mina
James is not interested in Liz anymore!!! He only wants his life back. Geesh.

And screw the waffle. But I will say this, she will rather have the waffle than a fruit cake.

Surreal_44
^^ Nobody mentioned a fruitcake, so that doesn't even make sense. wink We're talking about delicious meals and interesting waffles, not fruitcakes. big grin

Also, James does not just want his career back; he is trying to be the man he was BEFORE the mess with Barbossa happened. Think about what it must have been like, trying to write a report over what happened with the Black Pearl. He couldn't tell the truth, because people would think he's crazy...so he probably had to lie, which just makes him look completely incompetent.

Add that to his emotional state when he went chasing Jack, the fact that he may have known what was going to happen to himself, Will and Elizabeth if he DIDN'T get Jack back, and then the physical and emotional trauma of the hurricane and loss of his men.

It's not a career he's trying to get back. It's his life, his ability to be a good leader and a good man...to be able to make sound choices without those pesky emotions getting in the way...that's what he wants. He believes that Beckett is his key to that life, so he takes his chance.

In AWE, I believe he will see things for what they really are, and change modes once again. After all, the third movie will be about redemption.

LovelyOne, men don't have biological clocks. wink He already has a kid, and it ain't Liz's.

Misty: Are you calling Jack Sparrow 'mini' or 'small'? big grin

IheartPocky
big grin

Chiki Mina
You are still stuck in 2006. If you can see when we talk about fruit cake, we talk about Will. And it's great we're talking about delicious meals and interesting waffle NOT waffles. Because the only delicious waffle and the only satisfying is Jack.

James is another story. He is a fellow who wants his life back. Nothing much to say.

He chose this mission to go after Jack. So his emotional and physical trauma is no one to blame.

Sadly, he would do anything including kissing Beckett's booty in order to get his life back.

Me too. And hopefully wake up before he even thinks about serving Beckett again. I know he will wake up and know that he could do things better by himself then counting on a bully like Beckett. I have faith.

Yes Jack's kid is Will. Jack and Liz decided to adopt him. And yes, men do have biological clocks, actually.

Surreal_44
My point about the fruitcake comment, Chiki, is that TnT did not mention fruitcakes in their quote. wink They compare Will to a 'delicious meal', and Jack to an 'interesting waffle'.

You can certainly say what you like, but just because you change what the writer says to make yourself feel better, it doesn't mean that you are right. big grin

Also, how many men do you see discussing how they need to hurry up and get married so they can have a kid before they are unable to? Not many, if any, mainly because once a male has reached maturity, his boys are good to go practically up until he dies. wink Women have the biological clock because we sort of have a dead-line on fertility. big grin

katelovespirate
It's not so much "i need to have a kid before i run out of sperm"... i think, rather, I need to decide what's important (maybe relationships/family) before I lose my life to one of the evil villians who has claim to it.

Try to think of it more as a Captain Hook ticking crock clock--- the clock is hunting him down, and if Hook would have called it quits on Peter and sailed away from neverland, he could have lived happily ever after, too.

So Jack just needs to decide whether his relentless pursuit of adventure, treasure, women, freedom is really worth his life, or if he would actually be happier in the long run choosing a different path.

Plus, with the numerous comments about an heir to leave the piece of eight to, and the necessity for Jack to find a new place in the world, it seems logical that he step into some different roles as far as fatherhood, love, whatever.

and who said he already had a kid? is that just wishful thinking, or what? wink

Chiki Mina
I take offense of that. I don't play with the writers words in order to make me feel better. And jsut because you posted this comment to make you feel better that i'm wrong, doesn't mean you are right.

Surreal_44
Kate: I think he may actually already have a child. The comment about Jack knowing what he wants but being loathe to claim it as his own just made me wonder, because Elizabeth isn't really 'his' to claim...and I don't think Tia was talking about the heart.

I suspect that he already has a child out there somewhere, but that he is loathe to be a daddy. When he said "A woman" to the question about being vexed, I don't think he was thinking only of Elizabeth. And if the rumors hold true that both Elizabeth and his dad help him out of the quagmire of his emotions, I can think of only one way that both his dad and Elizabeth could be involved. big grin

Chiki: There is a slight tendency to change around what the writers say, such as your 'Because the only delicious waffle and the only satisfying is Jack.' ....That isn't what the writers implied at all. What they implied was that the waffle is interesting, but that doesn't make you want that meal any less. Not that the waffle or meal is 'better' than the other, and there's nothing mentioned about satisfaction. big grin

I just take issue with using someone's words and adding to them, or changing them around to how it suits you. And by "you", I don't mean you personally, Chiki...it's just a general 'you'.

Chiki Mina
I don't care about the meal, the waffle, pancakes, french toast etc, etc.

If you are sure that what got him vexed was Liz, then why ask himself "Why is the Rum always gone?"

If you remember in T&T comment on the dvd, he mentions about it and explains on how Jack remember the beach scene with Elizabeth.

Mistypirate
DMC Tia's shack Scene.

Tia: The compass you bartered from me. It cannot lead you to this?
Jack: Maybe, why?
Tia: Ah, Jack Sparrow does not know what he wants! Or do you know, but are loathe to claim it as your own? Your key go to a chest. And it's what lay inside the chest you seek. Don't it?
Gibbs: What is inside?
Pintel: Gold? Jewels? Unclaimed properties of a valuable nature?
Ragetti : Nothing bad, I hope.
Tia: You know of Davy Jones, yes? A man of the sea, a great sailor. Till he run afoul of that which vex all men.
Will: What vexes all men?
Tia: What indeed?
Gibbs: Well, the sea.
Pintel: Sums.
Ragetti: The dichotomy of good and evil.
Jack:.A woman.
Tia: A woman. He fell in love.

They were obviously not talking about a kid in that scene.

Surreal_44
^^ The kid's mommy is what's vexed him. big grin And Lizzie. hehe

LovelyOne
lol I'm pretty certain there is only one child in this story.

Also remember that they took out the part of the script that suggested Jack had been vexed since the day he left Liz at port Royal

If he had a kid before then..he would have been vexed in movie 1.

Mistypirate
^^ The kid's mommy is what's vexed him. big grin And Lizzie. hehe
WoW I'm impress again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just typed that Liz is vexing Jack? eek!

-savvychick-
maybe they're the same person:O

LovelyOne
I'm sorry but two children at the end of this movie would be overkill. Unless they have will junior running to his dad and as he's running he morphs into Jack Jr and jumps into Jack's his arms and reveals another lady...anna Maria? Tia?

No because Dominic Scott Kay is white, they are implying that he is playing the younger version of Jack..so not one of those two I'm afraid..and a new female character suddenly appearing at the end is bound to not give us any emotional attachment to her and thus creates a crappy ending for Jack sparrow, the single most important character to the entire franchise..whilst second fiddle Will gets the most meaningful ending with Elizabeth?? doubt it..if T&T do that then they truly are insane.

sorry just me imagining cinematic ideas..I'm a film studies student after all lol

Chiki Mina
Ok, Surreal, you're saying he is vexed by two women? You're loosing credibility here.

Mistypirate
Credibility is not the only thing she is loosing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LovelyOne
there are not two children LOLZIES

Chiki Mina
Not so sure about not being two kids if you count Will in it stick out tongue lol

Anyways seriosuly, there is no point arguing anymore if Jack spread his seed like a black plague around the world. He does not have a kid at this point of the movie.

Jack had an unusual experience and met his match with only one woman: Elizabeth.

So the possibility of two kids and Jack being vexed by two women, is out. Seriously, scratch it.

Mistypirate
That is so far fetch, there is no way that we will have the possibility of two kids. Come on Surreal you know this is not going to happen. wink

JDFE
Hi

sarahdiamonds
jack can't be vexed by two women because she would already be of impotartance in the trilogy, also the only other love jack had was tia Dalma and i seriously doubt he had a kid with her or we would already have seen it. if Jack was thinking of another women wouldn't you think t and t would of said something about that.

Mistypirate
If Jack would have been thinking of another woman, I don't think TnT would have openly said it. But they would have hinted or implied that he was indeed thinking of another woman besides Liz. The movie doesn't openly say that he was indeed thinking about Liz. And neither the writers, but is very well hinted and implied in the movie. The audiences very well caught all the hints, and that's how it was intended in the first place.

Surreal_44
Then if there aren't two kids, the only kid is W/E's. Seriously. I'm not joking. Sorry guys. Oh, or Liz could be pregnant with Will's kid, when we have a reunion between Jack and his son.

Since W/E end up together, how would you explain J/E child? Hmmm?

willofthewisp
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's stick to the facts. I for one, am not going to assume there's already a kid running around. Jack and Liz have not had sex, Will and Liz have not had sex. As far as we know, Will and Liz both are virgins, especially Liz since the writers made it a point to show she's tired of being one. The only piece of evidence that Jack has a kid somewhere is that he gets more ass than....well, something that gets a lot of ass. He's had A LOT of sex in his time. But...

1. no mention of a child is made
2. no reference of a child is implied. I think some people are overthinking that one.
3. There were methods of birth control back then, not as effective as today, but they were there and I bet you at least a few strumpets took advantage of that.

Jack is vexed because he knows he's going to die soon, pure and simple. And he's falling in love, which is vexing enough to any person, but especially vexing when you're separated from that person, not sure how that person feels, and knowing you might die soon and you won't get to be with them. That's enough to make anyone vexed.

I still don't get the full point of this thread.

Chiki Mina
Surreal, ou can't confirm that W/E will end up together nor we can confirm J/E will end up together.

This kid buisness all I know is he is the younger version of Jack.

So lets get down to serious stuff Surreal, don't loose your credibility.

Jack had his share of women , no doubt. Actually in the 18th century they used these methods to protect themselves to not get pregnant. So, I'm sure the our precious POTC wenches wouldn't mind taking them.

Ted and Terry made a clear point that Will and Liz are virgins. And you know it. Liz frustrated over her wedding night--her first sex. And Will still being a "eunich" mentioned on the island.

I know you're smarter than this.

Surreal_44
I am smart, thank you, Chiki. big grin

I may or may not be able to confirm W/E, but I would say, of course, that most of the evidence and the few spoilers I have tend to point in that direction.

From what I understand, W/E have a child together. If this Dominic kid is Jack's then my understanding is that it would not be Elizabeth's...hence my conclusion that Jack is vexed partially because he knows about the child, wants to be included in that child's life, but isn't entirely sure.

Of course no mention of a child would be mentioned in DMC, because that would have interrupted the story-line unnecessarily, and ruined the chemistry of J/E...which had to end with a kiss so that Jack could die.

It's not just a random idea I'm tossing out. big grin I've put at least fifteen minutes of thought into it, and I've had this theory for a long time...just ask Lovely. I pm'd it to her a looong time ago. Back in Nov., I think.

Mistypirate
LOL laughing out loud

Mistypirate

I may or may not be able to confirm W/E, but I would say, of course, that most of the evidence and the few spoilers I have tend to point in that direction.

From what I understand, W/E have a child together. If this Dominic kid is Jack's then my understanding is that it would not be Elizabeth's...hence my conclusion that Jack is vexed partially because he knows about the child, wants to be included in that child's life, but isn't entirely sure.

Of course no mention of a child would be mentioned in DMC, because that would have interrupted the story-line unnecessarily, and ruined the chemistry of J/E...which had to end with a kiss so that Jack could die.

It's not just a random idea I'm tossing out. big grin I've put at least fifteen minutes of thought into it, and I've had this theory for a long time...just ask Lovely. I pm'd it to her a looong time ago. Back in Nov., I think.
Surreal may I asked you a question? I am so eargerly wanting to know. How do you know all of this? You seem very certain.

Chiki Mina

You wasted 15 minutes of your life with this?

You are still loosing credibility

Mistypirate
Surreal you clearly haven't read all the spoilers.

Surreal_44
)Weeellll...I have a few sources. They tease me with information, and since they tease, I am suspicious. Until I get a completely verified script in front of me (what are the chances of that? laughing ), I take everything with a grain of salt.

But from the various bits and pieces I've picked up from people, this seems to be a fairly logical course to follow.

Here's what I've heard, but don't know to be ABSOLUTE (bold words are the rumor, italics are my opinions):

--Will and Elizabeth marry. This could be after Will stabs the heart, but I suspect that it is before he does so. I also don't know how the marriage occurs, but I DON'T believe it is because Will is faced with stabbing the heart so he begs/forces Liz to marry him.

--Will and Elizabeth have a child. Not much to say on this, except that...well, at some point they must have hooked up in some manner. big grin

--Jack already has a child, probably a son, somewhere. This I think is the most far-fetched rumor, but it would make sense that somewhere along the way, Jack managed to get one woman pregnant. My guess is that the kid is in Singapore, just because Jack seems to have such fond memories of that place. big grin

--Elizabeth dies. Not much to add to that, really, except that I don't think for one moment that she'd stay dead.

--Norrington becomes the next Captain of the Flying Dutchman. I actually think this is plausible, if a certain chain of events that are rumored to happen occur.

Play Devil's Advocate with me for a moment...

Let's say that Will stabs the heart and becomes Captain of the Dutchman. He finds an injured, almost dead James on board, and convinces him to join his crew. So far so good, right?

Eventually, during the course of the movie, we, the audience, learns how the curse can be broken. Maybe Elizabeth hears, maybe she doesn't...but at some point, she ends up sacrificing herself to save everyone else. During this time, the EITC is defeated, just barely.

Still with me?

Will, heart-broken, kneels above Elizabeth and weeps, and realizes that if he hadn't been such a butt-head, Elizabeth might still be alive.

Calypso, who might be human, or possibly in goddess form, takes pity on the two lovers, and she works some magic to free both of them; Will from the curse, and Elizabeth from death.

But the problem is, the Dutchman NEEDS a captain. Someone has to find those sailors lost at sea. Who better than James Norrington? James volunteers, or is chosen by Tia, to be the next captain, so he does so.

Will and Elizabeth are returned to the land of the living, and we have ourselves a somewhat bittersweet end. Jack is alone, but not entirely. He's got friends, his father (maybe)...and a child. He's been afraid to claim the child as his own, but with the help of Elizabeth and his dad, realizes maybe, just maybe, he could be a good man, a good father, and a good pirate.

Will and Elizabeth are alone ( Gov. Swann and Bootstrap will both possibly be dead by this point), but not entirely. They have each other, and Jack, and the other pirates.

Norrington...well, Norrington is alone, as usual. No one to really back him up...except maybe his crew? Dunno. big grin

Tia goes back to being her goddess form, or whatever, but now she's sad that Davy is gone. Perhaps there is a reconciliation of some sort? That would be nifty.

At any rate, we have the bitter and the sweet. Dead friends and family, a few beloved characters alone, and yet, there is still hope for love and adventure. big grin

Ten years later, we see a very pregnant Elizabeth chilling out with Will in their house, where they settled after several years of sailing at sea. They are waiting for a visit from 'Uncle Jack', who brings his son along with him to meet his auntie and uncle. Jack is happy and no longer running. Hopefully, Norrington would show up in this bit as well. big grin

It's just a theory based on loose bits and pieces of information. I like to write, this is just my version of events, written at 1 am my time. big grin I'm off to bed. big grin

Go ahead, shred me. big grin

Mistypirate
Ok that is your opinion, I am not going to say anything about it. LMAO laughing out loud Don't get me wrong I really liked your story.

Chiki Mina
I wont shred you, I just pitty you lol.

Mistypirate
Surreal you have a really good imagination, that was really.........creative. *hold back giggles*

Chiki Mina
I'm tired of the same topic. I keep saying the same thing. May 25th, 2007 will be At Worlds End. It will be a resolution of these characters and will bring closure. Not only that, it will be a resolution between the J/E shippers and W/E shippers. 4 more months...

Uncle Jack? If all that theory you added I changed it to Jack and Liz the first thing I would get rid of is Uncle Will.

Jack never had a child in the first place. THERE IS NO CHILD AT THIS POINT.

Seriously this discussion is boring me to tears. People who are great thinkers like Lovey, kate, and willo are even tired. Because there's really no point in arguing the same thing.

Its great that you put effort and waste 15 minutes of your life on this, not even I do it. And the little hints and spoilers and this and that, would you believe in that? Some of those hints and spoilers were proven not to be true.

I don't know where you get your sources, but I think its time to look for better ones. If there was ever a problem of Jack liking liz, wouldn't the ratings and the box office go to negative billion? Sure there are some critics that they didn't like some parts. But, now Jack was considered Liz's hero, because he proofed to be a good man. All those scenes they both had together twas leading to that kiss. No surprise there.

Again, here i go with the same BS. There is no kid at this point. You are twisting things in an almost sick and sad way. I don't know the point of this. It's amazing on how you put so much effort into this, but it still doesn't make sense. And by that I mean the lack of evidence, and how you manipulate some of the pieces in order for them to fit into the puzzle.

I really thought you were smarter. No, I don't mean 1+1=2 nor that your theories of a possible E/W ending is stupid. Because we also have theories of our own. But we go by what we see in the movie and how T&T work their magic as well as the characters and the actors themselves.

Why Jack chose to fell in love before his almost death is not entirely answered, but not entirely unsolved. Why not some other scene, why not at the beach, or the persuade me scene. My opinion on this to end this question and put us into a relief is that it could possibly be a point showed from T&T that Jack's feelings for Elizabeth were true. We needed to see that side of Jack, an unknown Jack, who accepted his fate in dying. Jack Sparrow? Sacrificing himself? That's the first thing I asked when I saw what he did. And I think they are making a point with this. Also with Liz, IMO, they are showing us that Lizzie didn't know what she had, until it was gone.

She assumed that by kissing Jack, her temptation will be satisfied and she will later run back to her beloved Will and be the best faithful bride ever. When instead she leaned into another almost kiss. By the end, she cried because she killed a man--oh, but not just any man, Jack Sparrow. A man whom she possibly indeed maybe in love with. These are words from T&T, I'm not saying it to please myself with it. She has that potential to do so. Its proving us that it's not lust no more what she has, but feelings leading towards a possible love.

This thread's question, well Lovely's question, will sure be answered and clarified in AWE. But for now it's not important at this matter.

As well as for the kid. Time to scratch that. There's only one kid. Nuff said, I'm tired of it.

Now this took me 5 minutes smile a little bit shorter than you, Surreal wink

Chiki Mina
-Edit-

A little bit shorter than yours, not you stick out tongue. Im the shortest lol.

katelovespirate
mmmm yummy... this thread had some great posts made lately. smile

My two cents:

I'm willing to bet my long hair that Jack doesn't already have a child, but that's gut instinct. there's no way to prove or disprove such an idea. Heck, I'm convinced Will and Elizabeth are going to pick up Jack's eyeliner habit (which may be wishful thinking on my part) so I'm not going to knock anyone's thoughts. it's an interesting theory, surreal, and would certainly be a surprise. I'm concerned, however, from a film-making standpoint, that adding such an integral piece of the puzzle out of the blue towards the end of film 3 would be a little bit forced. it doesn't seem to fit with the pattern T and T have created in their writing. I more usually see them causing plot points to converge in a way that harkens back to the beginning of a film.

i also, am entirely against the idea of two kids. I am actually against any kid. kids ruin films. but as long as they keep it at the end, i reckon it won't do any serious damage. i'm having a thought the final scene will be somewhat like the first scene in film 1.

I've said my peace about feasts, waffles, and fruitcakes. Like the compass, this discussion has outlived its usefullness and credibility and gone to the locker. IMHO, anyways. wink

i am not convinced e/w are ending up together, though i dont doubt its likely. we've all had our shares of spoilers, the majority of which can be interpretted to either ship. despite what happens, I am of the opinion that J/E shippers will be given a bone to gnaw on and enjoy whilst the plot gets tied up. wink

I'm not tired of the discussion, because generally that's why I get on this forum. some of the points are getting a bit redundant, however. still, we arent as bad as congress.

OH! And the part about the very preggers ELizbaeth chilling out in a house made me crack up. dont know why. just picturing it. hahahahahah. oh gee.

SarahB
wow all these theories are intersting!... i wasnt entirely sure about the two kids either nt tht im against it just wandering where all these spoilers come from...

anyway but what chiki said was interesting about
ellizabeth kissing jack so its satisfied and her crying because she killed jack sparrow etc..........

its frm ted and terry it sed and it kinda explained it a bit more 2 me and wat its rly about...so thnx chikibig grin

sry thought i wud like 2 share tht

SarahB
I think we answered it, sarahb. Jack's falling in love.

oh ok i guess that makes sense.. stick out tongue

Surreal_44
Oh, you all can laugh all you want. We'll see who's laughing at the end of AWE. wink

Chiki:If you are so bored by what I wrote, you ought to just ignore it instead of responding.

Also, some parts of your post had me a bit confused with the wording, but what I got from your post is that you mocked my own theories, which I based on spoilers, with your opinions, which you based on a few scenes and statements made by the writers.

That's fine, but your point is moot, since your opinion has even less to back it up than mine does.

I didn't manipulate anything. I said it's a theory, not fact. Unfortunately, most of you can't tell the difference. You hear an idea, and you repeat it as fact until you believe it. I won't feel bad for you when you feel like you've been lied to...wait, we've had that rant already a few times, haven't we?

Silly me.

LovelyOne
whats goin on?

not all of what i say are theories *wink*

two of the things you said seem to be correct

although the father of the boy appears to be the big confusion

there is only one child

interesting when you consider what Terry once said about how he wanted to end the trilogy..the twist is the answer to a problem raised early on..

there is one problem raised at the start of AWE and its Jack who raises it, ..the solution is also hinted..then link the solution back to what was said by Gibbs on the pearl to Jack and Elizabeth in DMC..there's your answer..a child

LovelyOne
"and bad..bad for every mother's son who calls himself pirate(what does gibbs look at?)...there's a bit more speed to be coaxed from THESE SAILS"

that is said directly to Jack and Elizabeth on the pearl..Liz gives Jack a "look"..no Will in the scene

but before this Gibbs also says to Jack

"for the love of mother and child Jack whats coming after us?" Jack gives a weird look..the Kraken is actually after Jack..and Liz actually sort of resembles that..

there's also many child refrences in AWE directed at JACK....none of these have been directed at Will..

People here and on KTTC have somehow got their hands on the salmon script..and they've found one hinting line said by Barbossa..but a more OBVIOUS one is still being overlooked by people..here and on KttC

think about it..if the kids a twist you aint expecting it..find the line that links directly in with that notion...

Chiki Mina
Oh, you all can laugh all you want. We'll see who's laughing at the end of AWE. wink

Chiki:If you are so bored by what I wrote, you ought to just ignore it instead of responding.

Also, some parts of your post had me a bit confused with the wording, but what I got from your post is that you mocked my own theories, which I based on spoilers, with your opinions, which you based on a few scenes and statements made by the writers.

That's fine, but your point is moot, since your opinion has even less to back it up than mine does.

I didn't manipulate anything. I said it's a theory, not fact. Unfortunately, most of you can't tell the difference. You hear an idea, and you repeat it as fact until you believe it. I won't feel bad for you when you feel like you've been lied to...wait, we've had that rant already a few times, haven't we?

Silly me.

You are STILL loosing credibilty. Since when we turned POTC into a competition? "We'll see whose laghung by the end of AWE." Our reason, well mine, is to enjoy the movie. Not to see if I won or beat your theories that I oh, so mock roll eyes (sarcastic). Since I'm such a bad person.

Ok. I alredy feel bad for you. Your arguments are now useless. There is no point in debating anymore--ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

So move on, shall we?

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by LovelyOne
"and bad..bad for every mother's son who calls himself pirate...there's a bit more speed to be coaxed from THESE SAILS"

that is said directly to Jack and Elizabeth on the pearl..Liz gives Jack a "look"..no Will in the scene

but before this Gibbs also says to Jack

"for the love of mother and child Jack whats coming after us?" Jack gives a weird look

there's also many child refrences in AWE directed at JACK....none of these have been directed at Will...and Gibbs says them more than most.

People here and on KTTC have somehow got their hands on the salmon script..and they've found one hinting line..but a more OBVIOUS one is still being overlooked by people..

To Will, right now, the most important thing for him is his father, not a child. And Lovely, Jack is STILL wearing those fertility charms around his waist...

LovelyOne
personally. I dont think the kid is the twist...the twist is the identity of the father...

who I suspect is Jack..because of Johnny going back to film "something" small when he wasnt even needed because they were shooting the start of the movie in November

twists are kept out of scripts...

chiki Surreal may indeed be right..Will may be the dad..

Chiki Mina
personally. I dont think the kid is the twist...the twist is the identity of the father...

who I suspect is Jack..because of Johnny going back to film "something" small when he wasnt even needed because they were shooting the start of the movie in November

twists are kept out of scripts...

chiki Surreal may indeed be right..Will may be the dad..

Ok, and Jack may be the dad also...

So what's your point.

LovelyOne
you're kinda implying that Surreal isnt credible. IMO she is.

Chiki Mina
You're implying wrong, Lovely.

Is my english really that bad? As for now, no one is right. We don't know anything about this kid and frankly, it's driving me insane.

So everyone in here have their credibilty. Happy?

Im very fed up with this kid. For now no one knows about it. If it's a twist, then it's a twist. Not much more to say. And the topic of this thread is the question you made about Ted & Terry , not about the father of that kid.

So lets make the kid walk the plank, along with the compass, because its driving me crazy. And move on with this thread topic.

LovelyOne
the question raised actually links in with the child..that was what I was suggesting with it..thats why IMO T&T wont answer it,

Chiki Mina
It will of course be answered by Ted and Terry--well in the movie, no doubt.

For now, we can point to any man of the possible father of that child--Will, Jack, Gibbs, whoever.

The one thing that I have no doubt is that Liz is the mother...

LovelyOne
same here^^ lol

only one kid,only one mother..most of the hints and themes suggest Jack is the dad.

LovelyOne
JEESE..look at all the lurkers who have suddenly appeared once I got talking, ll joined today...I think I should keep my mouth shut lol

Chiki Mina
I was about to comment on how all of the sudden this forum got packed lol.

But hey, newcomers are welcome smile

But if they are here without adding comments and just looking, might as well get your duck tape ready to seal our mouth lol.

Mistypirate
What have I missed? confused

Chiki Mina
Nothing, same crap. It's like a broken record here. Keeps repeating itself smile

Mistypirate
I have an idea Mina, just to make things interesting. Why don't we agree with Surreal?
I believe that we are going to see a W/E immortal ending. The baby is going to be Will's. And Jack will be the uncle, and later on Jack finds out that he does indeed has not one, not two, but he has triplets runing around in the world. And the mom is going to be Ana Maria. Whatcha all think? wink

PirateDiva
LOL...this is true unless we get new information...it's the same thing here!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
I have an idea Mina, just to make things interesting. Why don't we agree with Surreal?
I believe that we are going to see a W/E immortal ending. The baby is going to be Will's. And Jack will be the uncle, and later on Jack finds out that he does indeed has not one, not two, but he has triplets runing around in the world. And the mom is going to be Ana Maria. Whatcha all think? wink

LMAO laughing!! How will JAck pay child support for three Babies? LOL!

Mistypirate
Originally posted by PirateDiva
LMAO laughing!! How will JAck pay child support for three Babies? LOL!

I don't know, LOL but he better do something laughing out loud I wouldn't want Jack to be a death beat daddy.

willofthewisp
No one's stating the obvious: clearly this kid does not belong to Jack, or Willl, or even Liz for that matter. The child is Barbossa's. I got this information from sullied&unusual.bs and it clearly states that before he mutinied on the Black Pearl, Barbossa's greatest wish was to have an heir. One day when Jack was busy mending everyone's socks and Gibbs decided to break his record of 8 seconds on the mechanical bull at the bar, Barbossa snuck over to the fertility clinic and donated his sperm. 9 months later, he received a letter from Big Nose Eileen, informing him she used his sperm and gave birth to a son. Barbossa, clearly overjoyed, decided his life was turning in the right direction and that night, threatened Jack with a blow gun and marooned him on that island.

Unfortunately for our dear Barbossa, he became cursed and could not face his son that way. Now that he's been revived, he can go after this child and "claim what he used to loath to call his own."

Thank you. The truth is out there.

Mistypirate
LMAO laughing out loud That is very credible Willoft. And yes The truth is out there.
* X Files song begins to play in background*

katelovespirate
No one's stating the obvious: clearly this kid does not belong to Jack, or Willl, or even Liz for that matter. The child is Barbossa's. I got this information from sullied&unusual.bs and it clearly states that before he mutinied on the Black Pearl, Barbossa's greatest wish was to have an heir. One day when Jack was busy mending everyone's socks and Gibbs decided to break his record of 8 seconds on the mechanical bull at the bar, Barbossa snuck over to the fertility clinic and donated his sperm. 9 months later, he received a letter from Big Nose Eileen, informing him she used his sperm and gave birth to a son. Barbossa, clearly overjoyed, decided his life was turning in the right direction and that night, threatened Jack with a blow gun and marooned him on that island.

Unfortunately for our dear Barbossa, he became cursed and could not face his son that way. Now that he's been revived, he can go after this child and "claim what he used to loath to call his own."

thank goodness someone finally cleared that up. smile

PirateDiva

AMEN!!!!....It's too bad though i was really looking forward to the WHO'S YO DADDY? segment of the Jerry Springer Show PIRATE EDITION! I heard there was going to be a Boxing Ring and everything! laughing

LovelyOne
LOL..hope that was a joke willofthewisp

he's oooooooolllde

I'm actually wondering if Jack is infertile, he's slept around the world and as no kids..he has a fertility symbol..and if thats will's kid he will be helping Liz look after him as if he was his own son??

Mistypirate
You might be right, the kid could be Will's.

PirateDiva
I dont know if Misty's comment was sarcasm...lol!

But Lovelyone u make a good point.....that could make sense too!!! Fertility symbol...maybe Jack realizes he needs help concieving!

lovethemtigers
yes it is kind of funny how that fertility symbol just surfaced during DMC...and I love the way Johnny talks about it on the DVD "jack from head to toe"..."just because"....then, we have the mystery of the peices of eight.....then this mystereous young Jack surfacing on the internet...so we have Jack needing to pass on his peices of eight...we have the fertility symbol hanging from his belt...we have many sexual innuendos between Jack and Liz on DMC...we have a marriage interrupted because fate intervenes....we have Gibbs saying to Liz and Jack "bad, bad for every Mother's son what calls himself Pirate"...I think (hope) it all adds up to one thing ...Jack + Liz = Child! What a mischevious little child it will be...part Jack, part Liz....

lovethemtigers
WHY is Jack thinking of and wanting Elizabeth in DMC whilst his own life is in danger and his time to live is running out?

wink

thoughts anyone?

I cant get on wordplayer after being banned..and I'm dying to ask this question..I cant so I posted it here lol

I think this is the most important question raised in DMC and not actually answered..Ted and Terry wont say why Jack is thinking of lizzie at a time like that. I think I know why..just wish I could ask Terry and see what he says..I think the whole series revolves around that question and the "kick-ass ending" of AWE is going to be linked in with this question..its going to be the answer to it. Thats why they wont say why.

I think MistyPirate touches on this too.....and I think, Lovely, you know the answer you just want to see what we all have to say and if once again we are all on the same wavelength.....Jack is thinking about Liz...because he realizes she is the woman for him, his time is running out and he's never been settled with just one woman, and and...he's thinking he hasn't a legacy to carry on his name and me thinks he sees Liz as that woman that can give him his legacy...his son to carry on his name...to pass his peices of eight to....it appears that Jack has many conflicting thoughts in DMC...he wants Liz, but he doesn't want to want Liz...according to the script...the compass pointed one way and Jack tells his crew to set sail in the opposite direction...he avoids TIa's knowing Look inside her cabin because she is right on the money about him knowing what he wants but is loathe to claim it as his own...plus...at the beginning he believes that Liz and Will are probably married by now and his chance at Elizabeth has passed him by.....then he finds out they are not married...and all of his repressed feelings surface through his outlandish flirting with her...from the moment he sees her "it should be a dress or nothing, I happen to have no dress in my cabin"....to asking her to "persuade me" to give back the letters of mark that he has placed on his body...and the Marriage "proposal"....and at last the kiss...Jack is much more serious in that scene...he is no longer flirting he is downright sexy in that scene staring at her lips...it's more than just sex in this scene...and according to the script jack knows that he and elizabeth's heart are the same..I loved the way they describe the compass in the script when Jack is in the longboat....there is no doubt that the compass was pointing to Elizabeth...

I hope the child is Jack's and not Will's...that would be to Pearl Harbor just as we have said before.....

PirateDiva
and not to forget CUTE too!!! LOL!! awwwww Jack + Liz baby i cant wait....there are to many hints....It has to be true!

lovethemtigers
and I love the way the script says that It was a kiss for the ages...a kiss that has been building up since the day they first met...

PirateDiva
implying LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!!!! awwwww I LOVE IT!!!

jackismyboo
There HAS to be another kiss in the next movie!!!! Their love is so passionette and real it knocks my socks off!!

Mistypirate
Well I said I was going to try something different, So I'm still suggesting that the kid could be Will's. *giggles and staggers out* wink

PirateDiva
Misty....ok turn the switcch off and come back! lol....ur scareing me!! LOL!

And yes Jack and Liz there is still to much untold story about them....and seriously a kiss can sum it all up!! or a BABY for that matter...lol!

Mistypirate
*Tries clicking switch off* Nope it didn't work, sorry. big grin It's Will's *goes and hides under sofa*

katelovespirate
Originally posted by jackismyboo
There HAS to be another kiss in the next movie!!!! Their love is so passionette and real it knocks my socks off!!

i'm thinking that another kiss would be great, but certain other things would be even better. like... an honest conversation between them, some great eye contact even. it won't take much to make the fans happy.

PirateDiva
*grabs a bat* Oh MisTy come out, come out wherever u are! I'm not gonna hurt u!! JUST KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO YOU!!!! LOL!!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i'm thinking that another kiss would be great, but certain other things would be even better. like... an honest conversation between them, some great eye contact even. it won't take much to make the fans happy.

I agree...Honest conversation sounds great!!!

But what i personally want is....a geniuine HUG between them with some emotion....cause thats pure and innocent and says a lot!!! dont u think!

Mistypirate
*grabs a bat* Oh MisTy come out, come out wherever u are! I'm not gonna hurt u!! JUST KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO YOU!!!! LOL!!

HOLY CRABS!! I love crabs LOL Not a bat. I think I'm back to reality. I'm cool Piratediva. There is no need to use a bat. Jack is the daddy. eek!

PirateDiva
LOL.....W0o0o0o0o0o00o0 Much More like it!!!! YAY MISTY!!!!

*puts bat away in a safe place in case she needs it again to knock some sense into somebody* lol!

Mistypirate
LOL.....W0o0o0o0o0o00o0 Much More like it!!!! YAY MISTY!!!!

*puts bat away in a safe place in case she needs it again to knock some sense into somebody* lol!

*switch clicks to off* I think it's Will's baby. They are re-shooting a scene in Hawaii. Only Keira and Orli are in Hawaii, no Johnny. That's not good. sad

PirateDiva
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! we were doing so good!!! I feel a big dip in this rollorcoaster ride we call life! sad

willofthewisp
"I agree...Honest conversation sounds great!!!

But what i personally want is....a geniuine HUG between them with some emotion....cause thats pure and innocent and says a lot!!! dont u think!"------piratediva

I am all for honest conversation, discussing an issue as the equals they are. And hugging! No one hugs in these movies, and they all need hugs badly. I'm surprised Will and Liz don't even hug. I don't count when she runs to him on the beach because they kiss. That's not a genuine hug.

I'm not for a kid yet. It's going to take a lot of convincing and good acting to make me think bringing a kid into the series was the right choice. It's a little too like Pearl Harbor and I hated that movie.

Surreal_44
^^If the kid's lines are short, I don't mind so much. I don't really like children, but he's cute enough. big grin I think if they skip ahead in the future, then a kid would be ok. big grin

willofthewisp
I love kids, Surreal, and even I don't want one in it. It takes "Pirates of the Caribbean" and turns it into "Days of Our Lives." This is a pirate movie! Sure, it's about relationships and learning more about one's self, of course. But all that is in the backdrop of a violent, adventure-ride kind of environment and I think it's wrong for them to bring in a kid for dramatic effect. There are problems all around.

1. It's Will and Liz's kid. Okay, great. These two fairytale lovers had a kid out of wedlock in a Disney movie. Jack's been left out in the dust and we all get a happily ever after ending that satisfies not even the most ardent W/L shippers.

2. It's Will's kid and Will dies. Holy crap, Jack raising someone else's kid? No. That's too much like Pearl Harbor and about a dozen other movies and I think T&T are more original than that.

3. It's Jack and Liz's kid. But who knows that besides Liz? I can see the scene where she tells Will being too cringe-worthy, and if she doesn't tell Will, he's left raising another guy's kid and Jack doesn't get to see his son? That's a modern-day custody battle, not POTC-worthy.

4. It's Jack's kid by another woman. Then why the hell would we care?

All in all, I think it's unoriginal to bring in a child. I don't think it's a creative or smart choice even though I do believe Jack probably wants a child by now. I think it would be more satisfying to let him get with Liz (or some other woman) and they get together and we know down the road he will be a father.

jackismyboo
i know this sounds wierd but maybe Will learns elizabeth has a kid with Jack and he is on his flying Dutchman reuniting with her and telling his stories with the flying Dutchman and he hasn't seen her in 10 years so now he can go on land and see her again. i know that sounds lame but it could be a possibility.

Surreal_44
^^ What ever happened to Will and Elizabeth being married?

Chiki Mina
I agree on that part, Surreal. And also from jackismyboo if that marriege from Will/Liz didn't happen.

But what about the little spoiler of Will and Liz getting married by Barbossa?

I'm still not clear on that, till then I won't jump into conclusions.

Surreal_44
Oh, I almost missed this:

LovelyOne wrote :

Thank you, Lovely. I know I get rude on here sometimes, but I think you understand maybe more than anyone else what it feels like to have an entire forum against you. wink So yeah, I blow up. But it does mean something to me that you would vouch for me, 'cause I respect you and your opinions. big grin

Surreal_44
I really can't reveal sources, not only because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but I am extremely careful to not keep track of who tells me what or where I happen to find bits of information. big grin That way, all secrets are safe and we can still all be surprised when the movie comes out.

I do believe Will and Elizabeth are married in AWE. Now whether or not they remain married, or one (Wil?) dies, I don't know. LovelyOne's theory that the child is Will's but Jack helps raise it is as good a theory as any (and much better than an illegitimate child of anyone's ) big grin

Chiki Mina
Oh, I almost missed this:

LovelyOne wrote :

Thank you, Lovely. I know I get rude on here sometimes, but I think you understand maybe more than anyone else what it feels like to have an entire forum against you. wink So yeah, I blow up. But it does mean something to me that you would vouch for me, 'cause I respect you and your opinions. big grin

We all share the same love for POTC. So we are not agaisnt you. And, hopefully, you don't think I'am either.

Surreal_44
We have an accord, Chiki. wink

And to show my good faith, here is the real (ok, not really) story of the child: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxw7gR-jhyI Highly entertaining if you haven't seen it. I think it's up to part nine now big grin

katelovespirate
I love kids, Surreal, and even I don't want one in it. It takes "Pirates of the Caribbean" and turns it into "Days of Our Lives." This is a pirate movie! Sure, it's about relationships and learning more about one's self, of course. But all that is in the backdrop of a violent, adventure-ride kind of environment and I think it's wrong for them to bring in a kid for dramatic effect. There are problems all around.

1. It's Will and Liz's kid. Okay, great. These two fairytale lovers had a kid out of wedlock in a Disney movie. Jack's been left out in the dust and we all get a happily ever after ending that satisfies not even the most ardent W/L shippers.

2. It's Will's kid and Will dies. Holy crap, Jack raising someone else's kid? No. That's too much like Pearl Harbor and about a dozen other movies and I think T&T are more original than that.

3. It's Jack and Liz's kid. But who knows that besides Liz? I can see the scene where she tells Will being too cringe-worthy, and if she doesn't tell Will, he's left raising another guy's kid and Jack doesn't get to see his son? That's a modern-day custody battle, not POTC-worthy.

4. It's Jack's kid by another woman. Then why the hell would we care?

All in all, I think it's unoriginal to bring in a child. I don't think it's a creative or smart choice even though I do believe Jack probably wants a child by now. I think it would be more satisfying to let him get with Liz (or some other woman) and they get together and we know down the road he will be a father.

sometimes i just want to send you fan mail. that was hilarious. smile

Mistypirate
Ohhhhh that was wrong.............................................................Surreal

jackismyboo
omg i just watched that it was really...weird blink

his child is going to be with liz end of story lock it up and throw away the key!

Mistypirate
There you go, you couldn't have said it it better wink

katelovespirate
We have an accord, Chiki. wink

And to show my good faith, here is the real (ok, not really) story of the child: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxw7gR-jhyI Highly entertaining if you haven't seen it. I think it's up to part nine now big grin

i cant find part nine. darn, now i'm hooked. this is really, really funny. what a great idea--- to narrate it that way. smile thanks for sharing.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>