World's End or The End?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

*jcd*gmc*
My good friend and fellow obsesser gave me the Johnny Depp life story book. This is what it says about POTC 3:

"Lord of the Rings," he elaborates, "had the advantage that the third movie was the ultimate climax of the three, but in that case you finish the story. There's a sense of completion. You're not going to go back and revisit it, and that's what we're aiming for with Pirates--we were able to design 2 and 3 together, in conjunction with 1, to where our third movie should be and it is, I think, the end. There shouldn't be a fourth movie."

Conversely, Johnny Depp has gone on record as saying that he would welcome the opportunity to continue playing Captain Jack, but Rossio doesn't think it's likely. "Having spoken with Johnny, he will often says he wants to do a fourth and fifth, but I'm also telling you that the three movies we have designed are to end it. How would you do a fourth Lord of the Rings? You could, but it's not going to be that story. I probably shouldn't invoke Lord of the Rings because that's so brilliant, but if we're looking up to something, we looking up to that series."

Elliot concurs, "You could do a story about Jack Sparrow or a pirate movie in the same world that had this supernatural background, but this is the final Pirates of the Caribbean movie--this completes the story."

IheartPocky
I vote maybe... cause i guess i would be willing to see more pirate movies.. but what if they arent good? and i am definitely against prequels.

*jcd*gmc*
Yea..i agree. But I want more MOVIES

IheartPocky
It has to end sometime though.. sad

*jcd*gmc*
I know...but does it have to be sooo soon?!

Chiki Mina
Here is Terry's response in WordPlay

Status of 4th movie

Posted by Terry on Friday, 5 January 2007, at 12:14 p.m., in response to Re: The 4th movie, posted by Tigershire on Thursday, 4 January 2007, at 9:16 a.m.

Johnny Depp - not signed to any deal, not committed, but would certainly consider it, I think
Gore Verbinksi - not signed to any deal, not committed
All other actors - not signed
Ted and Terry - not signed to any deal
Jerry Bruckheimer - would very much like to have another movie
Disney - would like to have another movie under the right financial circumstances
Pirates fans - seemingly pretty much split on whether there should be a 4th movie

That about sums it up.

CaptainJacksLuv
i rekon that they should do a 4th, but like a prequal b4 COTBP and its all bout jack! lol

Mistypirate
All good things come to an END... sad Now who's yo baby's daddy? eek!

CaptainJacksLuv
JOHNNY!smile lol

ivebeendepped43
lol i have that mag...

Mistypirate
Originally posted by CaptainJacksLuv
JOHNNY!smile lol

LMAO, He's my baby's daddy to.

CaptainJacksLuv
jeez, douesnt that prove hes either a hooker or prostitute or a ****....? lol

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
All good things come to an END... sad Now who's yo baby's daddy? eek!

LOL...I Love ur New Saying MisTy!!!! LOl!!

Jcksparrows
I guess for me, and this is coming from a fan girl who is utterly obsessed with the movies, it all depends on how World's End plays out and if all the actors/actresses would be back for a P4. I mean, the main reason I love these movies is because the plot line is so amazingly sketched out, but if a forth movie is going to have a weak plotline, I would have to say I'd be dissapointed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.