Who is this guy Boris Jonhson?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22031

What's his beef with Video games?

BackFire
I dunno, but look at his picture, he's clearly retarded.

§P0oONY
He's a Tory MP... he's a laugh, he's disliked by pretty much everyone, I think he's a bit of comic relief. He congratulated mothers on passing junk food through school gates to their children.

WrathfulDwarf
Never heard of him before...till now that he said that about Nintendo.

General Kaliero
Wow. And I thought some of the people in here were whacked.

This guy, though... video games contributing to illiteracy? Has he ever seen a game? How many games are there that don't require you to read at some point?

But yeah, this guy looks like the UK's Jack Thompson.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Never heard of him before...till now that he said that about Nintendo.
He's a part of the British government... I believe his constituency is Henley.

MadMel
and i believe it shoud be killed before it spreads no expression

InnerRise
Pretty Accurate.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Maestro
Just an idiot from the Tory party whose a complete joke, with no one taking him seriously especially with a hairstyle that looks like it hasn't been combed in his whole life.

Smasandian
I do agree that young kids should also read too, not just play videogames all day.

But thats all about parents and nothing to do with videogame companies.

MadMel
im an excellent reader, and i play as much as i read..no expression

AstroFan
People should rip zelda for using text instead of voice, they are actually doing a good thing apparently. no expression

§P0oONY
Originally posted by AstroFan
People should rip zelda for using text instead of voice, they are actually doing a good thing apparently. no expression

*shouldn't rip.

smart

Smasandian
Originally posted by AstroFan

Yeah, take that Boris.

Ushgarak
He's not part of the Government! How can he be if he is a Tory? He's a Tory MP, thought that is releatively recent; his background is journalism and he is actually a leading Newspaper editor.

He is way off base here. But before you guys go around thinking he is some far-right nut...

Boris is actually one of the most popular Tory MPs there is, certainly one of the ones with the highest profile. And no, I don't mean popular in a Coulter-like sense. Boris is a bit of a media phenomenon; he has an exceptionally upper class voice but an inability to actually coherently finish a sentence. Watching him huffing and puffing trying to get a comment out about something is rather a joy. He is very amiable, intelligent... and has a phenomenal reputation for putting his foot in it. He's done that on all sorts of subjects; this is just par for the course. The best thing of all is that he doesn't resent his comedic reputation; he takes it all in good sport. He has fan clubs and everything; in a world where elected politicans tend to be band and dull and spout the same old polispeak cliches, Boris is a bit of a joy, though it does mean he spouts a load of old nonsense as well.

He is also exceptionally funny on 'Have I got News for You'.

SaTsuJiN
theres also some ad in my gaming for windows mag for this site called ECA : www.theeca.com

ADVOCACY & GOVERNMENT RELATIONS

Today, more than ever before, gamers need to stand together to defend against political activity that is threatening the creation and publishing of video games. On behalf of the gaming community, the ECA lobbies legislators directly as well as launching grassroots digital initiatives to preserve our rights as gamers.

so apparently someone is making some kind of official stand against these idiots who spout nonsense like its going out of style

ESB -1138
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22031

What's his beef with Video games?

What? I learned to read from video games. Thanks to hours on playing the SNES and Genesis so put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ushgarak
He's not part of the Government! How can he be if he is a Tory? He's a Tory MP, thought that is releatively recent; his background is journalism and he is actually a leading Newspaper editor.

He is way off base here. But before you guys go around thinking he is some far-right nut...

Boris is actually one of the most popular Tory MPs there is, certainly one of the ones with the highest profile. And no, I don't mean popular in a Coulter-like sense. Boris is a bit of a media phenomenon; he has an exceptionally upper class voice but an inability to actually coherently finish a sentence. Watching him huffing and puffing trying to get a comment out about something is rather a joy. He is very amiable, intelligent... and has a phenomenal reputation for putting his foot in it. He's done that on all sorts of subjects; this is just par for the course. The best thing of all is that he doesn't resent his comedic reputation; he takes it all in good sport. He has fan clubs and everything; in a world where elected politicans tend to be band and dull and spout the same old polispeak cliches, Boris is a bit of a joy, though it does mean he spouts a load of old nonsense as well.

He is also exceptionally funny on 'Have I got News for You'.

When I said he is a part of the government, I didn't mean a part of the actual labour government. He's just a part of Parliament... I assume you knew what I meant.

I agree with the majority of your post here. He's not totally wrong on a lot of his issues, certainly not this video game issue for one, certainly not enough to wish death upon him; which has been done in this thread by some. There are a lot of people who are addicted to video games and should really spend more time doing other stuff such as reading. Boris has a point here, he just goes about it in his own way, which is maybe a little too Boris for some.

He is also extremely funny on Have I Got News For You.

Smasandian
Originally posted by ESB -1138
What? I learned to read from video games. Thanks to hours on playing the SNES and Genesis so put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Necessarily well?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.