Superman vs Uni Powered Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
No sundipping
No T-Vo

Superman

vs

Gladiator(with Uni Force)

Who takes it?

jasofisc
glads takes it with out the uni power

Badabing
IMO, Glads has enough to give Supes a run for his money. Glads with Uni Power will be too much for Supes.

Lucid Lui
Considering when the Uni-Power bonded with Gladiator it seemed to depower him, he'd be better off without it.

Theoretically though, the Uni-Power should make Gladiator much more than Supes can handle.

batdude123
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Considering when the Uni-Power bonded with Gladiator it seemed to depower him, he'd be better off without it.

EXACTLY.

Ya hear that, DG?! stick out tongue

darthgoober
Originally posted by batdude123
EXACTLY.

Ya hear that, DG?! stick out tongue
It only SEEMED that way because Surfer amped himself up to the point that the difference wasn't obvious. stick out tongue

batdude123
Originally posted by darthgoober
It only SEEMED that way because Surfer amped himself up to the point that the difference wasn't obvious. stick out tongue

No, really.

It took him like 17 minutes (or somesuch) to go from one coast to the other and he was going about as fast as he could.

He really wasn't as uber as he's been portrayed in the past. Take Gladiator's star ripping feat, and multiply that by 50, and Surfer could never stalemate him in a gripping contest.

I seem to remember another fight that took place close to Ego, and Gladiator proved himself to be stronger than Norrin.

darthgoober
No, really.

It took him like 17 minutes (or somesuch) to go from one coast to the other and he was going about as fast as he could.

He really wasn't as uber as he's been portrayed in the past. Take Gladiator's star ripping feat, and multiply that by 50, and Surfer could never stalemate him in a gripping contest.

I seem to remember another fight that took place close to Ego, and Gladiator proved himself to be stronger than Norrin.
Of course Glads is stronger than Norrin, that was never really in question. But Surfer's ability to amp up his strength via cosmic power, allows him to overcome that if he chooses(which isn't to say that he ALWAYS will, any more than Supes will ALWAYS use his top speed against opponents).

Lucid Lui
It took 2 minutes, but considering earlier that issue he flew from the moon to the Baxter building in the space of a few seconds,. that's a clear de-powerment.

batdude123
It took 2 minutes, but considering earlier that issue he flew from the moon to the Baxter building in the space of a few seconds,. that's a clear de-powerment.

Well, there ya go.

Still not as fast as he's been shown in the past by a LONG shot.

batdude123
Of course Glads is stronger than Norrin, that was never really in question. But Surfer's ability to amp up his strength via cosmic power, allows him to overcome that if he chooses(which isn't to say that he ALWAYS will, any more than Supes will ALWAYS use his top speed against opponents).

Maybe, but he matched a not-so impressive (compared to other showings) Gladiator in strength.

I doubt he'd be given the time to do that in a fight with say, Superman.

darthgoober
Yes but you can't really base a de-powerment argument just off of that. Speed is always handled with a fair degree of inconsistently in comics. Superman was having a hard time catching up with Doomsday during their fight, and it took a while for them cross the country to get to Metropolis. But even the weak version of Supes that fought DD that time would have been able to cross the country in seconds if he had been going all out on speed.

batdude123
Yes but you can't really base a de-powerment argument just off of that. Speed is always handled with a fair degree of inconsistently in comics. Superman was having a hard time catching up with Doomsday during their fight, and it took a while for them cross the country to get to Metropolis. But even the weak version of Supes that fought DD that time would have been able to cross the country in seconds if he had been going all out on speed.

That was 14 years ago, and he was depowered.

darthgoober
That was 14 years ago, and he was depowered.
I acknowledged that it was a weak version of Supes. But couldn't he still hit lightspeed back then? The way he was struggling to catch DD, they should have hit Metropolis in minutes(if not seconds). I'm not trying to take a shot a Supes about DD here, I'm simply pointing out that speed is handled inconsistently in comics, and is therefor not a reliable indication of de-powerment in and of itself.

batdude123
But couldn't he still hit lightspeed back then?

Nah.

Beta Ray Howard

Actually, that's more or less due to his confidence. He had just got his butt kicked by a woman.

Modt
Exactly how powerful would Gladiator be w/ the Uni-power(provided it worked for him)

Soleran
Originally posted by Modt
Exactly how powerful would Gladiator be w/ the Uni-power(provided it worked for him)

Give him matter manipulation abilities

multiple his strength by 100

make him do the hokey pokey

and you get an idea here!

batdude123
Originally posted by Modt

Way above Surfer.

Modt
Originally posted by Soleran
Give him matter manipulation abilities

multiple his strength by 100

make him do the hokey pokey

and you get an idea here!

laughing eek! ..Thanks

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Actually, that's more or less due to his confidence. He had just got his butt kicked by a woman. Considering he's just empowered by an extremely powerful force, i highly doubt his confidence was a problem.

I don't think it should be looked into too much, it's just a matter of the writer not realizing what he's doing.

batdude123
Considering he's just empowered by an extremely powerful force, i highly doubt his confidence was a problem.

I don't think it should be looked into too much, it's just a matter of the writer not realizing what he's doing.

Agreed.

carver9
THis is how powerful gladiator is without the uni and I think that glads would destroy superman.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladStar.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladPlanet1.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Gladplanet2.jpg

carver9
This is what gladiator is going to do to superman.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad1.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad4.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.