Comic Book Video Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Super Guy
So, what do y'all think could make some really good comic book games?

jrodslam
Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Marvel Universe - Coming Soon.
Justise League Heroes 2 - Hopefully.
DC vs Marvel. - Activision has the rights to Marvel characters and some DC characters as well.

The Pict
There needs to be a better X-Men game.

willRules
I would like to see a Marvel game for a variety of characters from different teams, FF, Avengers, X-men and solo characters like Spidey, DD, Hulk, Punisher etc which is set in the same style as the second spider-man movie game or the GTA games.

I would like the game to be like GTA games (with similar graphics game play style) where you control an individual character and you can go around anywhere in New York just preventing crimes or following the main mission storyline yes

juggernaut66666
Marvel vs Dc
With characters like Thanos,Gls,Ion,Parallax,Darkseid,Onslaught, Doomsday...

The Pict
I'd like an X-Men game where you could make your own character and start of as a young mutant at Xavier's school.

Super Guy
That's actually a really cool idea, Pict...

The Justice League Heroes sequel should be more JL IMO. It should be like Ultimate Alliance... and I wanna JSA team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock

TricksterPriest
A really long action game extending from the beginning of Xmen all the way to say..... Onslaught? Hell, you could make an RPG and have alternate scenarios based on decisions and who you play as.

Also QFT Jrodslam. MVC3 would rock as would DC Vs. Marvel.

marvelprince
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
A really long action game extending from the beginning of Xmen all the way to say..... Onslaught? Hell, you could make an RPG and have alternate scenarios based on decisions and who you play as.

Also QFT Jrodslam. MVC3 would rock as would DC Vs. Marvel.

Co-signed. Ever since I laid hands on Marvel vs Capcom I've been praying for Marvel vs DC.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Marvel vs Dc
With characters like Thanos,Gls,Ion,Parallax,Darkseid,Onslaught, Doomsday...

Actually I think most of those characters are available for a Mugen game.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Actually I think most of those characters are available for a Mugen game.
Thanos,Onslaught and Guy Gardener is available but they are lame I mean they haven't got good moves and specials.

inamilist
Something like the free roam Spiderman 2, or Hulk: ultimate destruction, only have say a dozen characters with as vast differences in control and play style as there are between the Hulk and Spiderman in those respective games.

And multiplayer. HUGE multiplayer components.

quickshot
A free-roaming superhero game where you play as any marvel street-leveller where there is an enviroment like True Crime streets of LA where you can progress through the story but if you dont protect it during side misions it degrades into anarchy

Sparkz
I'd be happy with a Spider-man game much like Spider-man 2 but this time based on 616 with alot more boss's and for the love of god better voice actors!

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by inamilist
Something like the free roam Spiderman 2, or Hulk: ultimate destruction, only have say a dozen characters with as vast differences in control and play style as there are between the Hulk and Spiderman in those respective games.

Amen.

willRules
Originally posted by inamilist

Originally posted by quickshot
A free-roaming superhero game where you play as any marvel street-leveller where there is an enviroment like True Crime streets of LA where you can progress through the story but if you dont protect it during side misions it degrades into anarchy

Originally posted by willRules
I would like to see a Marvel game for a variety of characters from different teams, FF, Avengers, X-men and solo characters like Spidey, DD, Hulk, Punisher etc which is set in the same style as the second spider-man movie game or the GTA games.

I would like the game to be like GTA games (with similar graphics game play style) where you control an individual character and you can go around anywhere in New York just preventing crimes or following the main mission storyline yes

All these ideas of virtually the same. If anyone from Activision is reading this, this is the same idea from many fans. Make it a game!!!!!!

Lucid Lui
A Thor RPG spanning most of his better comic storylines, including the Reigning, Ragnarok, his fight with the Midgard Serpent, the Celestials, Mangog etc etc. With guest stars and cameos galore.

And of course i'd love to see a good Aquaman game.

Brutacus
All these ideas of virtually the same. If anyone from Activision is reading this, this is the same idea from many fans. Make it a game!!!!!!

Euh any of you people tried City of heroes or city of villians yet???

It's kind of the same well the part where you walk in a big city and create you're own character.

batdude123
I think they should have a game where all DC and Marvel characters roam around in a neutral universe and can interact with each other. The plot line should include both DC and Marvel stories, and you can choose a team of characters (Avengers, JLA, FF, X-Men, JSA, etc.) or you can make your own team filled with both DC and Marvel characters.

smile

Jyppe
A solo game for Venom. Sapnning through his history and major phases in his life. Becoming Venom - Spiderman hatred - Antiheroism - Carnage/other symbiotes - Trouble within (Cannibalism etc) - the clone part - Brock's death - Scorpion.

Soleran
Or how about a comic game based on Barb Wire!

Ichigo66666
A final fantasy rpg style superhero game, you pick a side, Good/evil, go off through various parts defeating various villians and such. You can also purchase famous items from comics. E.G. Cap's Shield.

Sparkz

Didn't Acticision just loose the rights to Marvel games? Or was that only the rights to the new Iron Man game.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Brutacus
Euh any of you people tried City of heroes or city of villians yet???

It's kind of the same well the part where you walk in a big city and create you're own character.

Yea, i have City of Heroes but i havent played it in about 2 years. Ive been playing WoW.

City of Heroes is an excellent game. I do miss playing it. I was able to create Iceman/Bobby Drake, Bishop and Daredevil(Yellow). My friend made a pretty good Havok to.

The same company who makes CoH/CoV is making the Marvel MMORPG game. Suppose to be a roster of 4,000 plus. Cant wait for that one.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sparkz
Didn't Acticision just loose the rights to Marvel games? Or was that only the rights to the new Iron Man game.

Might just be the new Iron Man game. Activision just did Marvel Ultimate Alliance. EA also does Marvel games and has recently done the Superman Returns game as well as Batman Begins. If anyone is gonna do Marvel vs DC its EA. Activision can, but EA would be more likely due to them having Batman and Superman titles.

NiņoAraņa
a Villian game! skrew the heroes! stick out tongue i mean, we have enough good guy games (not maaaany good oneserm ) so let's get a Antihero/Villian game!

StarsNeverFall7
EA can't do anything but ruin games. The Superman Returns game was so horrible its not even playable.

Activision and whoever made JLH need to get into cahoots, because well I prefered MUA, the game play in JLH was by far eaiser to get used to and was more basic for the non avid gamer. Get a cross of those two games with DC and Marvel characters and youd have a good game on your hands. As a side note Deadpool must be in it, so he can continue getting better at whatever it is Wolverine does!

grey fox
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
EA can't do anything but ruin games. The Superman Returns game was so horrible its not even playable.

Activision and whoever made JLH need to get into cahoots, because well I prefered MUA, the game play in JLH was by far eaiser to get used to and was more basic for the non avid gamer. Get a cross of those two games with DC and Marvel characters and youd have a good game on your hands. As a side note Deadpool must be in it, so he can continue getting better at whatever it is Wolverine does!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa ?

I heard that the SR game was awesome , innovative game-play full usage of powers and not just a cheap movie tie-in.

Super Guy
According to a Hell of a lot of reviews, Supermasn Returns sucked... a LOT!

Brutacus
Originally posted by jrodslam
Yea, i have City of Heroes but i havent played it in about 2 years. Ive been playing WoW.

City of Heroes is an excellent game. I do miss playing it. I was able to create Iceman/Bobby Drake, Bishop and Daredevil(Yellow). My friend made a pretty good Havok to.

The same company who makes CoH/CoV is making the Marvel MMORPG game. Suppose to be a roster of 4,000 plus. Cant wait for that one.

I created the dark beast, and well hulk is very easy to make, seen all kinds of dc/marvel characters in that game, nick fury was the best I seen till today.

Martian_mind
I reckon a cool game would be one where you are first pick a race and homeworld,and then after some initial gameplay,join the GL corps and train and rise up through the ranks,dealing with some classic Characters and threats whilst making a name for yourself by patrolling the universe.

pr1983
Originally posted by grey fox
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa ?

I heard that the SR game was awesome , innovative game-play full usage of powers and not just a cheap movie tie-in.

nope,

Originally posted by Super Guy
Supermasn Returns sucked... a LOT!

i'd echo alot of what people said here... just a few things i'd prefer...

3rd person free-roaming (a la spidey 2, gta and so on), full online compatibility (with dozens of co-op missions, and randomly generated crimes to stop), but a decent single player game too...

fully customisable heroes: haircuts, costumes, colours, the lot... hundreds, no, thousands of possible combinations...

single player: you get a four man team, but you still have the standard gta style viewpoint... you can switch between any members of your team (who should all have decent ai by the way), and you should be able to change the intensity of your poswers (playing as superman or cyclops or whatnot) like in superman returns...

multiplayer, basically like single player, but you get your friends to play as your team-mates...

if its an mmorpg, use the create a hero option generally, but if people want to have small, closed servers with their friends, let them play as real heroes, and have plenty of missions for them to play...

dunno what else...

bigbran
Superman Returns like gameplay, and stuff like that (except, I want a health bar in the damn boss fights!) for any character that flys. Also, you should be able to fly through buildings.

Seriously, this type of gameplay is awesome. Now if they can make more like that...

Or a Surfer game where you travel the universe, and can go to any planet, and there is random boss fights everywhere, and there are crossovers where you team up with Warlock and people... except, this game would probably be next to impossible to make.

pr1983
oh, i forgot... character specific special moves... thing's thunderclap, visorless cyke, superduper superman punch/extra big heat vision, near-lightspeed flash punch etc...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.