Darth Bane versus Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Sith'ari
Neutral setting, BotS Darth Bane vs. RotS Yoda, anything goes.

Darth Sexy
Without having to do much debating or thinking, here's my equation.

TPM Sidious>all versions of Bane
ROTS Sidious=ROTS Yoda, ergo
ROTS Yoda>BOTS Bane.

The end(unless you are going to make us laugh with your pull the moon out of orbit thing).

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Without having to do much debating or thinking, here's my equation.

TPM Sidious>all versions of Bane
ROTS Sidious=ROTS Yoda, ergo
ROTS Yoda>BOTS Bane.

The end(unless you are going to make us laugh with your pull the moon out of orbit thing).

Wrong!!!!

(It's still the end if he tries to make us laugh)

The Sith'ari
1. Where did you get the impression that TPM Sidious is > all versions of Bane?

2. Make you laugh? How so? Do you not consider pulling a moon out of orbit uber?

Lightsnake
No. Why should we? Size matters not.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by The Sith'ari
1. Where did you get the impression that TPM Sidious is > all versions of Bane?

2. Make you laugh? How so? Do you not consider pulling a moon out of orbit uber?

1. Lightsnake has provided the sources on more than one occasion, ask him.

2. Stop parading around that, you never proved anything, you just make us laugh with your nonsense, then tell yourself you've proven your case. Denial doesn't work in logical debates.

The Sith'ari
Originally posted by Lightsnake
No. Why should we? Size matters not.

Size (well weight actually) does matter, unless you want to argue that Yoda'd lift up an apple as easily as an X Wing. Also, if that's what you truly believe, why do you always go on about Yoda's TK related feats?

The source that he did provide has constantly been proven wrong. Also, if you don't truly understand what you're saying, why say it at all?

1. This attitude really isn't necessary.

2. Yes I did, both Lightsnake and AC accepted it, when they originally didn't, and you have still yet to make a counter argument.

jollyjim311
The whole "Size matters not" comment could have been Yoda trying to get Luke to reach his full potential...? It's a tough call.

The Sith'ari
Well either way, it's clearly wrong, because size does matter.

Darth Sexy
Size (well weight actually) does matter, unless you want to argue that Yoda'd lift up an apple as easily as an X Wing. Also, if that's what you truly believe, why do you always go on about Yoda's TK related feats?

The source that he did provide has constantly been proven wrong. Also, if you don't truly understand what you're saying, why say it at all?

1. This attitude really isn't necessary.

2. Yes I did, both Lightsnake and AC accepted it, when they originally didn't, and you have still yet to make a counter argument.

Just because you wrote some crap, doesn't mean they have to refute it. There is no counter argument nor rebuttal for stupidity.

And no the source has never been proven wrong. Just because you can't accept it in your mind, doesn't make it wrong, tool.

The Sith'ari
1. They actually agreed with it Sexy..
2. Again, is the attitude really necessary?
3. Wrong, we've been over this so many times.

'When the Sith finally emerged from a thousand years of watching and waiting, they numbered in accordance with the tradition set down by Darth Bane, only two. The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious, an ice-cold, diabolically calculating genius equipped with the strengths of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge. Perhaps the best weapon in his arsenal was his keen understanding of galactic politics, and his seemingly unlimited ability to engineer situations that ultimately served to further empower the sith'

You are referring to this, correct?
If so, then there are two major flaws.

1. 'The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious.' - you assume that the 'these' refers to the entire order of sith lords that was set down by Darth Bane, when it can just as easily be interpreted that the 'these' refers to the then current two sith lords. So basically, the argument is inconclusive, and can't be used.

2. Power is ambiguous, you can't deny this. Now when the passage states that Sidious is the most powerful, it also lists his weapons (some would define 'weapon' as 'tool of power', so to speak) as not only strength in the darkside, knowledge of the darkside, and an enormous wealth of artifacts and equipment, but also political knowledge and skills in manipulation; intellect related attributes, so in this context, power is clearly not purely related to combat prowess, but intellect as well.

Now please, this argument is flawed, how about you stop repeating it?

Lightsnake
The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious.

Power is not ambiguous here. Darth Sidious is the most POWERFUL of the Sith. His best weapon was his mind, but his force power is still higher than any others. Man, you just loooooove grasping at straws

jollyjim311
Plus, that isn't the only argument...

There are more quotes on this.

darthsith19
1. Size does matter, did Yoda life the pillar in AOTC as easily as Luke lifted his saber with the Force in Cloud City affter jumping out of the Carbon Freezing Pit? No, so eitehr ESB Luke >>> Yoda with the Force, or size does matter.

2. I'd probably go with Yoda over PoD Bane, sorry Sith'ari, but I think it'd be really close. I mean, Bane defeated Kas'im, and Kas'im was stated to be "the greatest living swordsman in the galaxy. Maybe the greatest swordsman ever." So yeah, it would definitely be close and Bane stands a chance but I'd probably give it to Yoda.

Nikkolas
Boy did this topic go off-track fast.

Gideon
I've just always found it interesting how "power" becomes ambiguous when used in any context with Palpatine. And only Palpatine, I might add, lol.

Darth Sexy
Only Nebaris lol. Nebaris, you've never proved anything regarding Bane, and I have not seen AC and Lightsnake agree with you. Again, denial cannot be used as a defense mechanism in a debate.

Advent
Size (well weight actually) does matter, unless you want to argue that Yoda'd lift up an apple as easily as an X Wing.

Now, where have I heard something like that before? stick out tongue

The Sith'ari
Originally posted by Lightsnake
The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious.

Power is not ambiguous here. Darth Sidious is the most POWERFUL of the Sith. His best weapon was his mind, but his force power is still higher than any others.

Lightsnake, you are quite clearly wrong, just refer to my argument above, there's nothing more I can say to you.

Man, you just loooooove copying IKC.

The Sith'ari
Originally posted by Advent

Now, where have I heard something like that before? stick out tongue

Lol, OK, you caught me, it was just a nice comparison I had stored in my head.

Darth Sexy
Lightsnake, you are quite clearly wrong, just refer to my argument above, there's nothing more I can say to you.
And I rest my case. When you look up denial in the dictionary, you'll see Nebaris' goofy ass. I feel really bad for you. You argument consists of "you're wrong and I'm right no matter the fact that I don't know how to argue nor debate, but I want to be able to sleep at night". Way to go jackass. Keep up the laughs.

Except IKC is as much a Kun fanboy as you are a Bane fanboy, so he never made arguments even close to what Lightsnake says..

General Kenobl

Kadesh
Originally posted by General Kenobl

Dark Empire says that the "strongest Dark Lord has returned", as this probably is in reference to ROTJ Sidious before his death. ROTJ Sidious is not far from ROTS Sidious, and I would he's maybe only 10% stronger than the ROTS version.

Actually ROTJ sidious is like 15% stronger than ROTS sidious. He studied nihilus ultra death field during the 19 year gap and many other powers as well thus becoming stronger in the force, FOC backs this up bigtime. Lol and wouldnt that make vader 90-95% of ROTS sidious whom is already the strongest sith lord according to the NEC?

Anyways, Sidious is the most powerful sith, yoda is just as powerful, so it rules yoda > bane. Yoda lifted an entire mountain according to lightsnake who wouldnt lie

Lightsnake
Sith'Ari, give it a rest....just....enough

kamikz
Originally posted by Kadesh
Actually ROTJ sidious is like 15% stronger than ROTS sidious. He studied nihilus ultra death field during the 19 year gap and many other powers as well thus becoming stronger in the force, FOC backs this up bigtime. Lol and wouldnt that make vader 90-95% of ROTS sidious whom is already the strongest sith lord according to the NEC?

Anyways, Sidious is the most powerful sith, yoda is just as powerful, so it rules yoda > bane. Yoda lifted an entire mountain according to lightsnake who wouldnt lie

Actually, it was the top of a mountain, not the entire one, or so I believe!

Kadesh
Well i didnt watch the cartoons so idk for sure, You got a video of it?

Nupe Kill Droma
Why this has become a dumb post (and it's not just because I'm giving my 2 cents! lol):

You all are looking at only a couple factors on which to base your premises: Force power, dueling prowess, and... well, that's about it.

The dumbest argument you can make is: "so-and-so lifted a mountain, moon, airplane, or whatever and is therefore more powerful because another so-and-so didn't do the same feat."

The second dumbest argument is: "Person X > Person Y. Person Y > Person Z. Therefore Person X > Person Z." People are not mathematical equations, I'm afraid. If this is the basis for your opinion, then fine. But don't try to mask your opinion with "math-supported equations" so as to pass off your opinion as if it's "beyond-a-shadow-of-doubt" fact.

An important factor you are leaving out is "circumstance." What is the scenario of the fight? Are they fighting in the dark? In outerspace? Under water? Are they tired from a previous fight? Did one just witness someone close to him getting killed? I say this because the environment and circumstances matter. Would Vader have been able to save Luke if there were no shaft to toss Palpatine down? Maybe... maybe not...

The arguments you all are making are the same ones that sports writers make every week: "Team X beat Team Y, who also beat Team Z. Therefore, Team X has to be better than Team Z." Then teams X and Z play, and Team Z beats the crap out of Team X because they were playing in Team Z's home and Team X was missing two of their star players.

I know this isn't a sports forum, but let's use some logic and (better yet) common sense. Palpatine = Baddest Sith Lord ever. Palpatine > Vader. Therefore Vader shouldn't be able to destroy Palpatine. Going by the movies only (I'm excluding EU), Vader does, in fact, destroy Sidious even though he's killed in the process himself.

My point is that anyone can win "on any given Sunday." It just depends on the circumstances. So... let's bring back the original question: Who wins between Yoda and Darth Bane? It depends. Can you specify the cirumstances of the fight?

General Kenobl
The rules of logic apply in Star Wars as well. And it is not an opinionated equation if logic proves the statement that X >Z.

Typically, in a Vs. Match, the setting is in a neutral arena (typically flat) or in the Jedi Temple Training Area. Both oppnents see each other, recognize them as enemies, and they are facing across from each other. This way, no element of surprise can come in.

Darth Subjekt
PK, you know damn well that A>B>C arguments are typically 100% invalid, unless its an extreme case, e.g. A padawan can beat a youngling, Anakin can beat a padawan, so Anakin can beat a youngling...in these rare cases it works, but usually they're crap. Like Anakin tooled Cin Drallig, and OB1 unfortunately OB1 beat Anakin, however, there is no evidence to support that OB1 could beat Cin, the battle master.

Nupe, i actually commend you on your post. Common sense is something that has been missing from debates here for awhile from many people. It's refreshing to see for a change.

Anyways, I would have to say Yoda. He's the most powerful up until Luke and has MOUNDS of experience, which is obviously a big factor if fighting (ie OB1 and Anakin), couple that with the fact that Yoda's most likely more powerful than Bane, and it's over for Bane.

For Planet, as Justin Timberlake and N'sync would say, its Bye Bye Bye for Bane. *does the queer dance moves from that video* Yoda's bringing sexy back...and its green!

General Kenobl

Darth Sexy
Must you really make it seem so difficult? 99% of the people on here are under 18, and even the older guys don't always have common sense. Just put it in simple terms.
Sidious>Bane
Yoda=Sidious
therefore:
Yoda>Bane
And A>B>C arguments work sometimes.

General Kenobl
Yes, I just made mine a bit more technical.

Advent
Originally posted by General Kenobl
Yes, I just made mine a bit more technical.

And was being a psuedointellectual by copying and pasting, only replacing things here and there. "IT DUNT TAEK A GENIE ARSE, YA KNOW! ERSATZ FTW!"

General Kenobl
Errr......uh huh, w/e you say.

Advent
Originally posted by Advent
And was being a psuedointellectual by copying and pasting, only replacing things here and there. "IT DUNT TAEK A GENIE ARSE, YA KNOW! ERSATZ FTW!"

Good Buddha! "Pseudointellectual", rather.

No, "Advent".

I know it is whatever I say.

Darth Sexy
She's right.

General Kenobl
More like nuts if you ask me....

Gideon
Did somebody say "Gideon's nuts"? big grin

General Kenobl
shakes his head

"WHY oh WHY!!!!"""

The Sith'ari
Ok, you guys are freaking dumb, even if there are actually statements that prove that Yoda is more powerful than Bane (there aren't), they're retconned by just observing what the characters actually do and using logic. Now Yoda's a muppet, a clown, he struggled holding something up with the force that was roughly a gazillionth of the weight of a moon, something Bane was able to pull out of orbit (that's right, he didn't just move the moon, he moved it out of its orbit, in defiance of gravity).

Darth Sexy
Ok, you guys are freaking dumb, even if there are actually statements that prove that Yoda is more powerful than Bane (there aren't), they're retconned by just observing what the characters actually do and using logic. Now Yoda's a muppet, a clown, he struggled holding something up with the force that was roughly a gazillionth of the weight of a moon, something Bane was able to pull out of orbit (that's right, he didn't just move the moon, he moved it out of its orbit, in defiance of gravity).

Who are you calling dumb? You're the one embarassing yourself yet again. Your usual excuse for facts is "no you're interpreting it wrong" or "no it's not retconned". Unfortunately for you, Sidious>Bane is a canon fact in universe and out, and Yoda=Sidious is also canon. So your argument(if you can even call it that), goes to shit as usual.
And for the gazillionth time, there is no canon source stating Bane pulled anything, so stop with your nonsense. Nobody followed your bullshit argument about it before, and nobody is going to do it now. You are a clown. Happy Dance

Lightsnake
Y'know Yoda's 'struggling' is entirely your own interpretation and Yoda lifted a spaceship without flinching? Oh, and Dxun and Onderon are naturally close to one another in orbit, didja forget that? Or did you forget PoD and the NEC retconned BotS? Perhaps you overlooked that actions do not retcon text, too.

The Sith'ari
Given the look of exertion on his face, his whole body shaking, and only just be able to stop the crane falling on Anakin and Obi-Wan, it's pretty clear...

That was in ESB, his meditation on Dagaboh had obviously made him slightly stronger. But this feat still hardly compares...

If this is an attempt to refute my argument that Bane pulled a moon out of orbit, post it in the EU thread I made, but you still fail anyways; by BotS, the atmospheres were too far apart for Bane to travel across.

1. An in-universe guide can in no way retcon primary source material.
2. PoD retcons aspects of BotS, but not the entire story. BotS is still very much canon, but it's nice to see how desperate you are to downplay Bane.

Why not?

Darth Sexy
I feel so bad for you Nebaris. Quit typing.

The Sith'ari
Seriously speaking, I actually did feel bad for you for a while, mainly because of the fact that you're a dumbass and can't be your own person, but then it became clear that you're just an angry old bastard, who bores everyone he talks to.

Gideon
Seriously speaking, I actually did feel bad for you for a while, mainly because of the fact that you're a dumbass and can't be your own person, but then it became clear that you're just an angry old bastard, who's bores everyone he talks to.

Can you feel... the loooove tonight...?

Mizukage Yoda
What the f**k? lol

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Gideon
Can you feel... the loooove tonight...? It is where we are, it's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer that we got this far.

Darth Sexy
Oh Elton John, my hero. Anyways Nebaris, continue being the laughing stock of the forum.

Lightsnake
Given the look of exertion on his face, his whole body shaking, and only just be able to stop the crane falling on Anakin and Obi-Wan, it's pretty clear...
a 'look of exertion?' The novelization describes it as concentration and in the heat of battle, that's something. By the way, what do his hands shaking have to do with anything?

Mmhmm, bullshit.

Retcon, yo.

LOL!
Is this why it retconned the age of the Ancient Sith Empire? Or the founding of the New Sith Empire? Or confirmed Revan's allignment?
And great! BOTS is still retconned, casting the rest in doubt. you can't pick and choose

Because there aren't contradictions or announcements by the holocron. That simple.
Actions do not a retcon make. You need exact writing to contradict an earlier form EXACTLY....not 'oh, this looks more impressive, it's a retcon'

Captain REX
Seriously speaking, I actually did feel bad for you for a while, mainly because of the fact that you're a dumbass and can't be your own person, but then it became clear that you're just an angry old bastard, who bores everyone he talks to.

Speaking of boring old bastards...

Tangible God
People here are actually debating over whether Bane is better than Yoda? Everyone knows he is. Bane can eat 12 pies in 3 minutes, what has Yoda ever done that even comes close to that?

I'm with Sexyback. Bane is teh Piemaster.

Captain REX
I agree, especially as Yoda does not have enough room in his little body for eating that much pie. He'd get halfway before exploding and covering Bane with green pie goo.

Darth Sexy
I still can't believe this fool thinks he's made some kind of argument about Bane pulling a moon from orbit. How many times must people destroy his arguments before he stops lying to himself.

((The_Anomaly))
I don't know, but its becoming quite humorous to actually read what BS he'll spew out next isn't it? Its like a game: can he top his previous BS post with a post even more filled with BS? I for one can never wait for the seemingly endless answer to this question.

Tangible God
We really should make it an official KMC program:

"Nebaris Says The Stupidest Things." Brought to you by the good folks at BanePWNAGE Inc.

Darth Sexy
Well looks like Rex finally got tired of Nebaris' nonsense and temp banned him. Way to go Rex, maybe we can have an idiot free forum for the next few days(not likely).

Kadesh
indeed, he should get a permanent ban

Captain REX
If he can't stand being away for a week, we may have to send him to KMC Rehab...

HK69
Bane easily wins this, his saber skills are too intense, and his orbalisk armour makes him almost invincible.

Darth Sexy
Oh wow.

Faunus
Another Nebaris sock? Maybe this is a sign. . .

HK69
Excuse me?

Darth Sexy
hahaha

HK69
What's so funny?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Yoda versus Darth Bane. I like Bane but he would most likely perish against Master Yoda.

General Kenobl
HK69, you are not Nebaris are you? Ironically, you posted literally the same exact post as Nebaris/Planet did with Bane easily wining and your location is the United Kingdom, where surprisingly, Nebaris lives. And considering the fact that you took over this account right after Nebaris/Planet was banned, people find it likely that you may yet be another spoof of your legendary sock.

Tangible God
He's got a July 2006 join date, Sexyback joined in November. Though this may be some clever scheme of Nebaris, creating a back up account while he was still here, long ago.

But I do not believe Sexyback could return without us knowing. HK69 is the key we need to unravelling the mystery of the Nebaris Socks.

Mizukage Yoda
Grand MAster Yoda Triumphs over the mighty DLOTS

General Kenobl
Indeed.

@ Tangible

Nebaris is clearly a lot smarter than we think if it's really him. However, once again, he blows his cover with the Bane statment and putting his location as England.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Master Yoda rules

Kadesh
nebaris is indeed a legend

LORDSIDIOUS01
HAHAHAHAHA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.