TPM Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs AOTC Obi-Wan & Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marxman
This is going to be broken down into a few different contests.

1. Master vs Master
-Lightsaber dueling skills
-Knowledge of the Force
-All out duel

2. Padawan vs Padawan
-Lightsaber dueling skills
-Knowledge of the Force
-All out duel

Lightsaber dueling skills are based on how many forms the Jedi has mastered and to what extent they have mastered it.

Knowledge of the Force is based on greatest feat each Jedi has displayed in the Force and what they have proven on a regular basis (ie what they are capable of during a duel when they don't have time to fully focus).

All out duel is if the two met in a duel to the death, who would win?

3. Free-for-all battle

The free-for-all battle is one duo vs the other duo.

Fights are held in the Arena on Geonosis.

Marxman
I can see why nobody posted. I tried posting a reply and it was just way too tedious, and I gave up out of boredom. stick out tongue

Let's just limit it to a fight between the Masters, a fight between the Padawans, and a fight between the duos.

embarrasment

Rampant ox
I would say that TPM Jinn is better than AOTC Kenobi, but AOTC Skywalker is better than TPM Kenobi (I think that makes sense). Thats my opinion on it anyway.

Marxman
AOTC Obi-Wan beats Qui-Gon with his Soresu. He'll continue to defend, letting Qui-Gon flip and twist, until he finds a weakness he can exploit.

Anakin beats TPM Obi-Wan, overwhelming Obi-Wan's defensive style Soresu with his Djem So.

But I think the TPM duo takes it in a team battle, because 1) They're different styles compliment each other and 2) Anakin's arrogance would get the better of him, probably trying to take on the two by himself if he and AOTC Obi-Wan get seperated.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Marxman
Anakin beats TPM Obi-Wan, overwhelming Obi-Wan's defensive style Soresu with his Djem So.
Actually, IIRC, Obi-Wan as of TPM used Ataru like Qui-Gon and gave that style up after seeing the disadvantages in defensive ability it had.

darthsith19
TPM Qui-Gon was stated to rival Windu, he was the best swordsman Kenobi ever saw (at the time of TPM) and he was a gifted Jedi with the Force and was wise enough to have been on the Council if he hadn't defied it so many times. AOTC Kenobi did what exactly? Defeated Maul 10 years earlier through luck? Had a stalemate with Jango Fett? That's good, but nothing that makes him rival Windu. Jinn takes him with just a touch of trouble.

Padawan vs. Padawan, eh? Gilalrd states that Anakin in AOTC is a level 7 swordsman, while TPM kenobi's a 6 or 7. So Anakin's slightly ahead of him with a blade. Not sure about with the Force. Anakin survived the Battle of Geonosis when many other Jedi Knights and Masters fell, that's impressive. I'd put him overall just a little bit above TPM Kenobi. However, he's extremely cocky; he thought he had what it took to take out Dooku. Surely he'd be cocky as hell facing another Padawan Learner, thinking that his abilities were far beyond those of any other Padawan. I could see Kenobi winning this due to Anakin's cockieness.

A fight between the duo's? Even if Anakin does manage to take out Kenobi Qui-Gon'll take out AOTC Kenobi sooner, and then he and TPM kenobi togetehr will pwn AOTC Anakin.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
TPM Qui-Gon was stated to rival Windu, he was the best swordsman Kenobi ever saw (at the time of TPM) and he was a gifted Jedi with the Force and was wise enough to have been on the Council if he hadn't defied it so many times. AOTC Kenobi did what exactly? Defeated Maul 10 years earlier through luck? Had a stalemate with Jango Fett? That's good, but nothing that makes him rival Windu. Jinn takes him with just a touch of trouble.

Padawan vs. Padawan, eh? Gilalrd states that Anakin in AOTC is a level 7 swordsman, while TPM kenobi's a 6 or 7. So Anakin's slightly ahead of him with a blade. Not sure about with the Force. Anakin survived the Battle of Geonosis when many other Jedi Knights and Masters fell, that's impressive. I'd put him overall just a little bit above TPM Kenobi. However, he's extremely cocky; he thought he had what it took to take out Dooku. Surely he'd be cocky as hell facing another Padawan Learner, thinking that his abilities were far beyond those of any other Padawan. I could see Kenobi winning this due to Anakin's cockieness.

A fight between the duo's? Even if Anakin does manage to take out Kenobi Qui-Gon'll take out AOTC Kenobi sooner, and then he and TPM kenobi togetehr will pwn AOTC Anakin.

I feel like you're downplaying Kenobi a little bit, seeing as how stalemating Jango is a big feat, but, still, I mostly agree. Also, Obi Wan was a knight literally the day after the end of TPM, so, I'd call him about even with Anakin.

Marxman
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
Actually, IIRC, Obi-Wan as of TPM used Ataru like Qui-Gon and gave that style up after seeing the disadvantages in defensive ability it had.

Ahh I wasn't aware of that. This is what I found

kamikz
If that is to imply that Obi changed to Soresu, it is wrong! If it just means that he started to fight more defencivley then it could be accurate!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.