Thanos vs The GLC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Thanos vs The Green Lantern Corps!!!

Thanos has taken control of the entire 616 universe using the Infinity Gauntlet. The Living Tribunal appeared to stop this at the end but, Thanos had anticipated this and using the Gauntlet manipulated Reed Richards and other great heroes and minds of Marvel into altering the ultimate nullifier to banish LT from the 616 universe. It worked but before LT was banished he was able to take the time gem from the gauntlet. He then traveled to the DC universe and spoke with the guardians about helping him restore order in the 616 universe. He explained that they would be best able to help him since all the gems were useless in the DC universe and directly on anything with the quantum signature of the DCU. However the gems are still fully effective on everything from the 616 universe, where the fight will take place. He informs them that he was able to take the time gem from Thanos before he was banished. So he will not be able to travel back in time to stop the guardians from forming the corps or the lanterns from gaining their rings. They of course agree to help him with the use of their corps. Afterwards the entire Green Lantern Corps travel to the 616 reality and fight Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

So can the entire Green Lantern Corps take on Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet if the gauntlet is missing the time gem?

Remember the Infinity Gauntlet has no direct effect on anything from the DC universe but, it can still manipulate anything from the 616 universe they are fighting in.

Space M ummy
that was long as hell to read, but short answer is: No.

Thanos still has infinite control over power, space, the soul, mind, and reality without the time gem, and knows how to use them all.

Too much for the GLC to deal with, really- for instance, 3 seconds into the fight the GLC finds all the air around them transformed into true adamantium, immobilizing and killing them all instantly, but without actually touching them.

Thanos 10/10.

guy222
Originally posted by Entity
Thanos vs The Green Lantern Corps!!!

Thanos has taken control of the entire 616 universe using the Infinity Gauntlet. The Living Tribunal appeared to stop this at the end but, Thanos had anticipated this and using the Gauntlet manipulated Reed Richards and other great heroes and minds of Marvel into altering the ultimate nullifier to banish LT from the 616 universe. It worked but before LT was banished he was able to take the time gem from the gauntlet. He then traveled to the DC universe and spoke with the guardians about helping him restore order in the 616 universe. He explained that they would be best able to help him since all the gems were useless in the DC universe and directly on anything with the quantum signature of the DCU. However the gems are still fully effective on everything from the 616 universe, where the fight will take place. He informs them that he was able to take the time gem from Thanos before he was banished. So he will not be able to travel back in time to stop the guardians from forming the corps or the lanterns from gaining their rings. They of course agree to help him with the use of their corps. Afterwards the entire Green Lantern Corps travel to the 616 reality and fight Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

So can the entire Green Lantern Corps take on Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet if the gauntlet is missing the time gem?

Remember the Infinity Gauntlet has no direct effect on anything from the DC universe but, it can still manipulate anything from the 616 universe they are fighting in.

thanos is dead

stick out tongue

juggernaut66666
Thanos 10/10

db_renji
I think the corps takes this. We are talking 7,200 herald level people. Add to this the top 5: Hal, Kyle, Kilowog, Guy, and John. Sorry but thanos dies every single time.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by db_renji
I think the corps takes this. We are talking 7,200 herald level people. Add to this the top 5: Hal, Kyle, Kilowog, Guy, and John. Sorry but thanos dies every single time.

7200 Lantern rings are still <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< One infinity gauntlet. Plus, Thanos is significantly more intelligent than everyone in the league.

Superboy prime was smashing through lantern constructs like they werent even there. This version of Thanos is WAY past that. this league is DEAD.

example: Thanos using the space gem is just as fast as the runner. He could speedblitz each and every member of the league and clock them with his OWN strength before they even knew what happened.

This isn't even a fight, it's murder.

Entity
Originally posted by Space M ummy
that was long as hell to read, but short answer is: No.

Thanos still has infinite control over power, space, the soul, mind, and reality without the time gem, and knows how to use them all.

Too much for the GLC to deal with, really- for instance, 3 seconds into the fight the GLC finds all the air around them transformed into true adamantium, immobilizing and killing them all instantly, but without actually touching them.

Thanos 10/10.

The reality gem only works if all the other gems are with it!

Space M ummy

is this something you just made up? because that's never been the case. The reality gem works just fine on it's own but is STRONGER when backed by the power gem (just like all of the other ones) which Thanos has.

it's a moot point, since the power gem by itself allows the user to duplicate any power in existence. Champion smashed a planet with one in one shot.

speedblitz (space gem) + planet smashing power (power gem) equals insta-win.

Beta Ray Howard

Thanos used it on his own when he was missing Grandmaster's gem in Thanos Quest.

juggernaut66666
What are you talking about? Thanos resurrected Mar-Vell by using only the Reality Gem.

darthgoober
is this something you just made up? because that's never been the case. The reality gem works just fine on it's own but is STRONGER when backed by the power gem (just like all of the other ones) which Thanos has.

it's a moot point, since the power gem by itself allows the user to duplicate any power in existence. Champion smashed a planet with one in one shot.

speedblitz (space gem) + planet smashing power (power gem) equals insta-win.
Actually your both a little off. The Reality Gem is only SAFE to use when the other gems are present. Using it without them runs the risk of causing a rift in the fabric of reality. User's must exercise EXTREME caution when using it without all of the other gems present.

Entity
Well, maybe I misunderstood but, honestly to all my knowledge the reality gem could only work if all the gems were in position of the user.

Entity
Originally posted by darthgoober
Actually your both a little off. The Reality Gem is only SAFE to use when the other gems are present. Using it without them runs the risk of causing a rift in the fabric of reality. User's must exercise EXTREME caution when using it without all of the other gems present.

OH!
Ok I apologize, my misunderstanding. I knew something wasn't right, (wheither it was my him or myself).

Space M ummy
Well, maybe I misunderstood but, honestly to all my knowledge the reality gem could only work if all the gems were in position of the user.

no worries, it happens.

doesn't matter though, since thanos doesn't need it to win. Even amping his own natural abilities (strength, speed, matter manipulation, durability, energy projection, teleportation, etc etc) to the Nth degree with the power gem would be sufficient here, IMHO.

darthgoober
No it's been used before on its own. Thanos used it a couple of times, but if it's used for anything really big, a rift will form that will begin to collapse reality itself. The same is true if anyone trys to max out the rest of the Infinity Gems without the Reality Gem present.

King Kandy
No way, Thanos changes reality so electromagnetism and gravity works backwards and every particle in there body flies apart.

juggernaut66666
The only thing Thanos needs to do is to switch of the power of the Central Battery.

Entity
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
The only thing Thanos needs to do is to switch of the power of the Central Battery.

Remember the gems are useless on anything from the DCU

darthgoober
Originally posted by King Kandy
No way, Thanos changes reality so electromagnetism and gravity works backwards and every particle in there body flies apart.
Why get so complicated? The best thing to do with it would be to alter reality so that they weren't in it anymore. Game over, Thanos wins.

juggernaut66666
Remember the gems are useless on anything from the DCU
The IG it self is useless in DCU so this thread doesn't make any sense.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by darthgoober
Why get so complicated? The best thing to do with it would be to alter reality so that they weren't in it anymore. Game over, Thanos wins.

man, you're taking all the fun out of this thread

Entity
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
The IG it self is useless in DCU so this thread doesn't make any sense.

The fight doesn't take place in the DCU thou. It is in the 616 universe so Thanos can use it on anything from that universe but not the Lanterns or their rings themselves.

He can use the gems on them just not directly!

darthgoober
man, you're taking all the fun out of this thread
Sorry. (But that's what I would do.)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos could just make his own Corps with the IG and be done with it. And make like 100 times as many. Now the IG it self can't affect the Lanterns, but his 720,000 Thanos corps lanters could. The victor, Thanos.

WhiteWitchKing

He can use the gems on them just not directly!

That doesn't make one bit sense. Would you expect Hal to breathe in MU space without his ring because he's from DCU? If Molecule Man or Odin decided to turn a GL into a chair, would the fact that the GL came from DC prevent this? GL's are subjected to the same laws of each reality they're in.

This ends at any time Thanos wants.

Entity
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
That doesn't make one bit sense. Would you expect Hal to breathe in MU space without his ring because he's from DCU? If Molecule Man or Odin decided to turn a GL into a chair, would the fact that the GL came from DC prevent this? GL's are subjected to the same laws of each reality they're in.

This ends at any time Thanos wants.

It was not just something I made up but, rather is written in a comic where Darkseid gains the gems. He soon discovers that they are useless in the DCU. Give me a bit and I will even have the name of the crossover is was in.

WhiteWitchKing
It was not just something I made up but, rather is written in a comic where Darkseid gains the gems. He soon discovers that they are useless in the DCU. Give me a bit and I will even have the name of the crossover is was in.

JLA Vs Avengers.

It wouldn't operate in the DCU. It doesn't mean it can't affect DC beings. When it works, it kills. In this scenerio, it works.

Entity
JLA Vs Avengers.

It wouldn't operate in the DCU. It doesn't mean it can't affect DC beings. When it works, it kills. In this scenerio, it works.

Thank you, I am really glad that I didn't have to shuffle through all my crap to remember which one is was.

Where or not it would effect anything/one from DC is up to the writer of the story. Since I am posting this thread for my purposes (to make it interesting). I am writing this as though anyone/thing from DCU is immune to the gems' effects because they would have the DCU's quantum signature.

So, lets just say for the sake of making this a interesting fight, rather that a massacre, anything from the DCU is immune.

WhiteWitchKing
Thank you, I am really glad that I didn't have to shuffle through all my crap to remember which one is was.

Where or not it would effect anything/one from DC is up to the writer of the story. Since I am posting this thread for my purposes (to make it interesting). I am writing this as though anyone/thing from DCU is immune to the gems' effects because they would have the DCU's quantum signature.

So, lets just say for the sake of making this a interesting fight, rather that a massacre, anything from the DCU is immune.

Lines up planets and turns them all into Ego beings and sends them after the GL. Wish for a few dozen negabombs and sets them off; the GL's won't know what hit them. Throw stars and blackholes at the GL.

Collapse galaxies into super blackholes and chuck them at the GLC.

Entity
Lines up planets and turns them all into Ego beings and sends them after the GL. Wish for a few dozen negabombs and sets them off; the GL's won't know what hit them. Throw stars and blackholes at the GL.

Collapse galaxies into super blackholes and chuck them at the GLC.

Fair enough

So, lets even things up some more and bring Ion and the Guardians into the mix.

Mider999
is this the current IG which is lesser then eternity cause then thanos goes down, and i put the IG on league with parallax and ion so if the GL's get there stuff together they whould win.

db_renji
Adding Ion and the guardians. Thanos dies (even though i think the corps by itself is sufficient).

guy222
Originally posted by db_renji
Adding Ion and the guardians. Thanos dies (even though i think the corps by itself is sufficient).

thanos w/hoti>

nvrbeenwthagirl
There is no way The corps can beat THanos with the IG. That just doesn't make sense. IT would take The Guardians to match Thanos.

Evangel94
Thanos with the Infinity gauntlet is greater than the entire Green Lantern Corps.

Priest
Originally posted by Evangel94
Thanos with the Infinity gauntlet is greater than the entire Green Lantern Corps.
co-singed

King Kandy
The Gaurdians wouldn't help, they'd be killed too. Hell, even Ion might not help.

Entity
So does anyone else think that with Ion with them they could take Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.