Most impressive feats in the comic book movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
What do you think has been the most impressive feats so far in the comic book movies? It doesn't necessarily have to be something in terms of scale, but maybe something that you thought was just incredible.

IMO the most impressive feat was a grief-stricken Superman flying so fast he actually reversed the Earth's time in order to save Lois.

Another one that stands out is a recharged Superman managing to lift an ENTIRE CONTINENT into space in order to save the Earth.

And lastly it's that David Banner (Absorbing Man) character from the Hulk movie managing, at least for a few moments, to become the most powerful force on the planet as he was absorbing the Hulk. One can just imagine what kind of power he would've obtained if it would've remained stable.

So what's yours?

King_Mungi
Superman also moved the moon easily in Superman IV

snoopdogg
Originally posted by systemshock2

Another one that stands out is a recharged Superman managing to lift an ENTIRE CONTINENT into space in order to save the Earth.

You left out the part where he had a piece of K-nite stuck into his back when he did that. wink

He wasn't at full power.

roughrider
Originally posted by snoopdogg
You left out the part where he had a piece of K-nite stuck into his back when he did that. wink

He wasn't at full power.

That feat, and Phoenix at full power in X3 last year, stand out for me.

Endless Mike
The Silver Surfer in the FF2 trailer seemed pretty impressive

King_Mungi

He wasn't at full power.

The peice was removed before he did it, and then he sundipped. He still like you said wasn't at full power.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by King_Mungi
The peice was removed before he did it, and then he sundipped. He still like you said wasn't at full power. Lex broke the knife in Supermans body. You can see the Doctors remove the piece of k-nite from his body after he lifted the continent.

SnakeEyes
Spider-Man stopping that train in Spider-Man 2 was fairly impressive, IMO.

systemshock2
I also liked at the end of Batman Forever when Batman, who was posed with the dilemna of capturing the Riddler, or saving Dr. Chase Meridian and Robin, still managed to do everything. That part when he jumps down after the two and saves them is still pretty awesome IMO.

NoFate007
How Batman took down Ra's al Ghul's plan in Batman Begins. Look at all he did by himself there.

King_Mungi
Lex broke the knife in Supermans body. You can see the Doctors remove the piece of k-nite from his body after he lifted the continent.

Your right, I assumed that was from the continent itself as shards were growing directly at him and all around him.

Lucid Lui
Lois pulls out the main part of the crystal in Supes body after they rescue him from the water. There is a small shard left inside though (quite small).

Madvillain
Superman definately has the most impressive feats. So I won't mention any of them here.

Most impressive to me besides Supes is Wolverine standing up to the Dark Phoenix, and then having enough will power to get to her. Very impressive.

Hulk falling from the Earth's stratosphere and not reverting back to Banner was impressive to me.

Professor X nearly wiping out every mutant on Earth is definately impressive.

GreatMuta
Magneto Moving the Golden gate bridge! At least it was one of the most Visually impressive!

Blaxican
I didn't really find any of Supermans feats to be all that impressive because, well, it's Superman. When you have a man that can blow up solar systems with a sneeze, lifting a continent just doesn't seem as impressive...

To me, Spider-Man stopping that speeding train from falling over the edge was the most impressive. That and Wolverine managing to kill Jean after getting his skin shredded off multiple times.

Dinalfos
Spiderman surviving falls from great heights. Wolverine healing VERY fast.

nimbus006
1. Superman lifting a continent with a shard of K-nite in his back is by far the most impressive in IMO.

2. Superman GENTLY stopping/landing a HUGE airliner coming down at RIDICULOUS speeds is really impressive.

3. Superman flying through several buildings to catch the Daily Planet ball after he had stopped a massive fire, and saved hundreds of people from falling glass shards.

4. Superman walking towards numerous rounds fired from the craziest Gatling gun i have ever seen and not even blinking, then being shot in the eye and grinning.

well... now that im done with Superman Returns

lets see...

1. Superman flying around the Earth in order to reverse time so he could save Lois.

2. Superman pulling the core/crust of the Earth together to stop an Earthquake.

3. Superman moving the moon.

4. Superman taking on three Kryptonians at the same time and owning.

WOW... Was i being a little biased towards Superman? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blaxican
Originally posted by Blaxican
I didn't really find any of Supermans feats to be all that impressive because, well, it's Superman. When you have a man that can blow up solar systems with a sneeze, lifting a continent just doesn't seem as impressive...

qqqqqqq
hellboy defeating rasputin

Magee
Superman didn't lift a continent. It was just an island although Lex was planning and said he would make the continent what Superman lifted is no way classed as a continent, still very impressive. I remember thinking wtf, I didn't expect anything as awesome as that to happen in returns. And I always wondered did he actually give him self a mini sun dip using his heat vision, or was that just so he could get underneath the island to lift it?

Magee
Originally posted by Blaxican
Thats a pre crisis feat. Current Superman can't do anything like that.

Beta Ray Howard
I really wasn't impressed at all by anything that happened in teh Superman movies. It's a movie series based on pre-crisis Superman. It's gonna be wierd.

Honestly, the best feat so far is Daredevil punking out a whole bar full of dudes by himself.

MattDay
lol anyone with fighting skills can punk a bar full of drunks... superman is at the top at the moment, superman returns lifting the 4 mile across island is a feat, current superman could do that too, he's not weak at all if u read his comics, he punks everyone lol so no change really, although he's weaker than his pre self

Scoobless
Originally posted by nimbus006
4. Superman taking on three Kryptonians at the same time and owning.

Pfft ... the Kryptonians beat his ass down.

He only won that because they lost their powers.

MattDay
nope actually they all did that weird point my finger thing at him all at once and he beat them all off... missed that bit did u? they resorted to hurting people to get him to lose his powers in the first fight they had

Priest
Other than Superman feats, i would say Magneto lifting the Golden Gate Bridge with little effort was most impressive im my opinion.
the weight of the bridge is 894,500 tons eek!

MattDay
hmmm if that island in SR was laced with metal... could magneto of lifted it himself? I'd say yes but with tremendous difficulty, nearly dying kind of difficulty

LORDSIDIOUS01
Depends on which movies you wanna talk about. Otherwise I'd say, Stunts and fight scenes.

systemshock2
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard

Honestly, the best feat so far is Daredevil punking out a whole bar full of dudes by himself.

Speaking of Daredevil, I also really liked that badass part in the church scene when Bullseye turns around and throws all of his ninja stars at Daredevil, only to have Daredevil in a quick and smooth succession intercept them his nightstick. (Pretty impressive IMO) I love that shocked look that Bullseye gives afterward.

tkitna
Not the most impressive, but yet one of my favorite comic movie scenes happened in the first Crow movie. I thought it was really cool when the police were chasing him with helicopters and such as he ran across the rooftops and when he came to the end of the last roof he just kind of looked like he was a little screwed until he put out his arms and just fell off the roof knowing he was already dead and couldnt die again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.