RotS Obi-Wan vs. TPM Obi-Wan and Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aldisyoyo
Im going with obi wan rots

jollyjim311
Yeah, maybe if you add in another person... like, AOTC Anakin... it would be close, but, Obi Wan's Soresu can block 16 well coordinated, powerful hits from General Greivous per second, so, I'm giving it to him.

darthsith19
Wow, weird match up... I don't know, could ROTS Kenobi engage his younger self and a powerful Bounty Hunter at the same time and win? It'd be hard to block young Kenobi's saber and Jango's laser bolts at the same time, though he might be able to use the bolts to his advantage in some way and have them mess up TPM Kenobi. I dunno about this one.

Council#13
I think I'd go with ROTS Obi-Wan. In that comic where he fights the new Maul, he owns pretty badly. The TPM Obi-Wan had a lot of trouble against Maul. Then we have Jango. Soresou is all about defense and created to block blaster bolts. I'm too tired to really think but, yeah. There's my answer.

aldisyoyo
go obi thumb up

General Kenobl
General Kenobl owns all!

kamikz
I'm not sure I think Obi wins.

Even though he is very much above his TPM self, he is defensive, and TPM Obi is still a very good swordsman. It's gonna take a little while at least.
However, here we have Jango Fett, who Mace was "swinging wildly" against when he was blasting him with only one gun and had a disfunctional jetpack! How is Obi going to parry two very fast blaster pistols in the back while parrying saber strike after saber strike from the front? He cannot turn 16 times per second, and Jango has many tricks to pull!

I don't see Obi-Wan coming out of this one!

aldisyoyo
well he could force push jango and take on his younger self

Marxman
Obi-Wan defended against Jango in AOTC. He would easily do it in ROTS.

kamikz
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
well he could force push jango and take on his younger self '

Like he did in AOTC?

Common, like a force push would scratch Jango. It's not gonna take him out of the fight, it will barley touch him, send him flying a bit (which would be neutralised if he activated his jetpack), that's it.

darthsith19
Yup.

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by kamikz
'

Like he did in AOTC?

Common, like a force push would scratch Jango. It's not gonna take him out of the fight, it will barley touch him, send him flying a bit (which would be neutralised if he activated his jetpack), that's it.
i mean like pushing him against the wall and then maybe saber-throw him

((The_Anomaly))
Humm...Hard fight. I think ROTS Obi could pull this out, but it wouldn't be easy. He would have to rely on Form III and keep the fight going for a LONG LONG time so he could wait for a mistake from someone (prolly his younger self). I say that ROTS Kenobi kills TPM Kenobi after a bit of effort (due to having to deal with Jango too) he then beats Jango rather handily.

Rampant ox
Perhaps, but I think the duo take this. Jango was second to none in his skills as a Bounty Hunter, and he gave uber Jedi like Mace Windu a hard time. In the AOTC novel it says something about how his blaster fire caused Mace to swing wildly. Pretty impressive if you ask me. I think with TPM Kenobi there as a distraction Jango will be able to take ROTS Obi down, albeit with some difficulty.

Council#13
Hmmm, well, he doesn't look like he has much trouble deflecting Jango's bolts.

The Sith'ari
1 Question, what's stopping Obi-Wan from TKing the crap out of Jango's ass with the force?

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Council#13
Hmmm, well, he doesn't look like he has much trouble deflecting Jango's bolts.

Indeed, the novel contradicts the movie in that instance. Mace obviously didn't have any trouble deflecting Jango's blaster fire, he did it pretty casually actually.

Marxman
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Indeed, the novel contradicts the movie in that instance. Mace obviously didn't have any trouble deflecting Jango's blaster fire, he did it pretty casually actually. Meh, its difficult to act like you're "almost missing". It didn;t really contradict.

jollyjim311
"Kenobi met every one of his thrusts without so much as moving his feet, staying perfectly centered, perfectly balanced, blade never moving a millimeter more than was necessary, deflecting without effort, riposting with flickering strikes and stabs swifter than the tongue of a Garollian ghost viper, and when Dooku felt Skywalker regain his feet and stride once more toward his back, he finally registered the source of that blinding defensive velocity Kenobi had used a moment ago, and only then, belatedly, did he understand that Kenobi's Ataro and Shii-Cho had been ploys, as well.
Kenobi had become a master of Soresu. "

"The electrodrivers powering Grievous's mechanical arms let each of the four attack thrice in a single second; integrated by combat algorithms in the bio-droid's electronic network of peripheral processors, each of the twelve strikes per second came from a different angle with different speed and intensity, an unpredictably broken rhythm of slashes, chops, and stabs of which every single one could take Obi-Wan's life. Not one touched him."

"Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-sixteen per second, eighteen-until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack. A subtle shift in the angle of a single parry brought Obi-Wan's blade in contact not with the blade of the oncoming lightsaber, but with the handgrip. -slice-"

All from the ROTS Novelization.

If Obi can block 18 strikes per second, from all different angles, have Mace speak to him as if he was above him in saber combat, do fine against Dooku, and defeat Anakin in saber combat, I think he'll live through this. He knows all about his former self, and could probably find an opening fast against Padawan Obi. Then it's a simple matter of getting Jango...

darthsith19
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
i mean like pushing him against the wall and then maybe saber-throw him
And then, while his saber is in Jango's body, TPM kenobi decipataes ROTS Kenobi! death

General Kenobl
Ignoring all this unnecesary posts, General Kenobl owns all, including this pathetic duo he's set up against.

Mizukage Yoda
Seriously Kenobi >Greivous>5 Jedi>TPM Obi and Jango done

darthsith19
Yeah, and ROTS Anakin > Dooku > Kenobi > Anakin > Dooku > Kenobi... Point: abc doesn't usually work.

General Kenobl
Well, Anakin is technically greater than Kenobi. However, since both know each other's attacking form more than anything, they are shown to be equal, when in fact, Skywalker has surpassed Obi-Wan.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by General Kenobl
Well, Anakin is technically greater than Kenobi. However, since both know each other's attacking form more than anything, they are shown to be equal, when in fact, Skywalker has surpassed Obi-Wan.

True. Kenobi only won due to having specific advantages over Anakin that wouldn't generally apply to other opponents. As far as power goes, Anakin has more. I would rather have Anakin back me up in a fight that Obi Wan, but, Obi Wan taught Anakin everything he knows.

Anyway, you all saw my posts, and know what I think.

Jango is very good, killing Jedi with his bare hands, shooting a charging reek in the eye, shooting a dart into Zams neck from a great distance, making Mace swing wildly to deflect his shots (Mace could have just remained visually calm, going into vaapad, in the movie), but, still, he was even with AOTC Kenobi, who has grown a lot since then, and, has mastered the defensive form, super effective against blasters. Jango, even with TPM Obi Wan's help, can't overcome Obi. ROTS Obi could find an opening in his former selfs style fast, seeing as how he was him. Then, a battle with Jango, ending with Kenobi as the victor.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by jollyjim311
True. Kenobi only won due to having specific advantages over Anakin that wouldn't generally apply to other opponents. As far as power goes, Anakin has more. I would rather have Anakin back me up in a fight that Obi Wan, but, Obi Wan taught Anakin everything he knows.

Anyway, you all saw my posts, and know what I think.

Jango is very good, killing Jedi with his bare hands, shooting a charging reek in the eye, shooting a dart into Zams neck from a great distance, making Mace swing wildly to deflect his shots (Mace could have just remained visually calm, going into vaapad, in the movie), but, still, he was even with AOTC Kenobi, who has grown a lot since then, and, has mastered the defensive form, super effective against blasters. Jango, even with TPM Obi Wan's help, can't overcome Obi. ROTS Obi could find an opening in his former selfs style fast, seeing as how he was him. Then, a battle with Jango, ending with Kenobi as the victor.

Yeah guys I read somewhere that Obi's former self practiced Ataru but after Qui gons death went into Soresu

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Yeah guys I read somewhere that Obi's former self practiced Ataru but after Qui gons death went into Soresu

Yup.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.