Ultimates 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Super Guy
Ultimate 3 should be out in the summer with the creative team of Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureia (or whatever his name is). The arc will include Ultimate Black Panther and Venom and will take a less plotical, more traditionally superheroic approach.
You can see sketches for U3 at the artist's fan site: www.joemadfan.com
There wll be an ultimates line up of 8 members and the series will comprise of 6 issues. It is strongly rumoured that the team will break away from the government and the Hulk will definitely be a member.
Discuss...

juggernaut66666
Please NOT Jeph Loeb!!!!!crybaby

Lucid Lui
It... just doesn't seem right. But i'll probably be there to see if it is.

Dinalfos
Boy, they better not **** this one up......

Scoobless
Where were the sketches?

DigiMark007
Why does it take so long for Ultimates to make new issues?

erm

Black Adam
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Why does it take so long for Ultimates to make new issues?

erm

slow artist.

Super Guy
Originally posted by Scoobless
Where were the sketches? Check out gallery then ultimates on www.joemadfan.com
And, yes, I can already feel it... Ultimates 3 will be a disaster. Joe Mad had AGES because of hitch's delays but U3 is STILL going to be late... mad

Darth Vicious
Im a big fan of Joe Mad art but im not sure about Loeb, specially after f*ing up Onslaught!

Scoobless
*groan*

Super Guy
Loeb just can't write politically etc... its going to feel like 616 Avengers in every way... sad

Super Guy
Here are some of the sketches for Ultimates 3 then... and here we have... Black Widow... though honestly I can see her being blonde in this image, so maybe it's not Natasha... confused

Super Guy
Iron Man looks a bit too streamlined for my liking... sad

Super Guy
Wanda looks too 616 here... unpractical crap... and a bum flap!?

Super Guy
And behold... Ultimate Black Panther and Venom...

Super Guy
Ta daa...the Hulk...

Super Guy
Wasp...

"V"
All of you moaning about Loeb messing up Onslaught are forgetting, Onslaught sucked so badly in the first place.

Super Guy
And here's more "good" news... Cap will be sporting a more 616- like costume... mad

Beta Ray Howard
Loeb is a bunk writer, but I'm liking the art, aside from Ultimate Venom looking like how Skottie Young would draw him.

It seems they're gonna look a little less like soldiers, and a tad more like heroes in a traditional sense. I always hated Ultimate Cap's costume.

and Wanda looks gorgeous. big grin

Scoobless
.... stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Loeb is a bunk writer, but I'm liking the art, aside from Ultimate Venom looking like how Skottie Young would draw him.

It seems they're gonna look a little less like soldiers, and a tad more like heroes in a traditional sense. I always hated Ultimate Cap's costume.

and Wanda looks gorgeous. big grin

Wanda looks deformed ... as does Iron Man.... in fact they all do.

Super Guy

and Wanda looks gorgeous. big grin The more traditionally heroic thing being a good sign? Because frankly I don't wantto see the ultimate Universe turn into freakin' 616 in a hurry!

Beta Ray Howard
I don't either, but a few costume alterations wouldn't hurt. Besides, the characters aren't the same. I wouldn't bet that they'd make it any less grisly.

roughrider
Who gave him the f**king mandate to change the outfits?
What's the point of this being a seperate universe, if they are just going to make it like 616?
Bet Nick Fury starts to look less 'tanned'. wink

Darth Vicious
I found this one around. Im sure it was Photoshoped, nice work anyways.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1333/scarletwitchbythemadmanal0.th.jpg

Scoobless
Do these guys even realise they're working on the Ultimates?

willRules
I always hated Ultimate Cap's costume.

mad Ultimate Cap and his costume (Both his balaclava and army helmet version masked costumes) rocks

I don't mind the art. I do mind the fact that the Ultimates and 616 are becoming harder to tell the difference.

I personally felt that the two great things about all the different Ultimate titles was the fact that it 1) Retold the characters for a modern day audience. 2) The universe had been changed into a slightly more realistic yet at the same time a Hollywood movie style feel. Now I'm worried these guys are gonna remove both those elements from one of th greatest titles in the past year or so sad

roughrider
Maybe in a few more years, Jeph Loeb will get drummed out of comics or just leave to do more TV.

grey fox
Well ultimates will now suck.

The ONLY good thing their was Venom and that was it.

Wanda - WTF ? Military unit you dumb b*tch not a fancy dress party.

IM : Sorry , not buying it this is ULTIMATE more focus on REALISM , IM old suit was realistic and STILL had a mecha feeling about it. This just looks like a 616 tony design.

Black Widow - Meh , boring character

Wasp - Doesn't seem to be too many changes , although she looks less Asian to me...

Hulk - He looks lie a Gorrila , please break Joemads hands

Cap - If I see the wings I SWEAR to god I'll hunt him down....

Lucid Lui
The Ultimates all already had a great costumes. They're messsing with a good thing here.

Ahh well... There's always vols 1 and 2.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by grey fox

Agreed, man...

Although I must say, I am more worried about the story than I am the art. The art looks as though it will be... tolerable (that's the right word). It isn't terrible like Liefield or Way, but it's not super great either.

I'm just worried that this new team will totally go against everything that's already been established, and thus, make it suck.

marvelprince
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Agreed, man...

Although I must say, I am more worried about the story than I am the art. The art looks as though it will be... tolerable (that's the right word). It isn't terrible like Liefield or Way, but it's not super great either.

I'm just worried that this new team will totally go against everything that's already been established, and thus, make it suck.

Co-signed. Its already been rumoured they'll break away from the government and be more like traditional superheroes but I think thats the problem. The government involvement was what made the series interesting to me so I can't see how going against that would seem like a good thing to do. I'll wait till I read the issues before I condemn it but for right now my hopes aren't very high

Validus
Ultimates 3 lol

Now, not only will every issue ship 2 months late but they won't actually be any good either.

Accel
Eh, I guess good things have to end eventually.

...And crappily.

masterbruce
the art looks great imo

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Super Guy
Iron Man looks a bit too streamlined for my liking... sad Looks like an Evangelion.Originally posted by Super Guy
Wanda looks too 616 here... unpractical crap... and a bum flap!? Looks like Blink.

Disappear
so let's all decide to not buy it before the second series has even ended!

yes, jeph loeb isn't ideal. yes, the art is certainly different. if you want the same thing all the time, just read your back issues. at least let these guys get a foot in the door before saying the series will be ending "crappily." who knows why they're breaking away from the government? maybe it's millar's idea at the end of the next issue. will that make it a better idea to you, if it's not loeb's?

christ...

Super Guy
Well ultimates will now suck.

The ONLY good thing their was Venom and that was it.

Wanda - WTF ? Military unit you dumb b*tch not a fancy dress party.

IM : Sorry , not buying it this is ULTIMATE more focus on REALISM , IM old suit was realistic and STILL had a mecha feeling about it. This just looks like a 616 tony design.

Black Widow - Meh , boring character

Wasp - Doesn't seem to be too many changes , although she looks less Asian to me...

Hulk - He looks lie a Gorrila , please break Joemads hands

I agree with pretty much all that, except that I don't find Black Widow particularly boring. But... she should die. And stay dead. In Ultimates 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And as for Iron MAn's realism vanishig... well, it's too late for Loeb... Orson SCott Card beat him to it with tales of blue brain babies, radioactive monkey infections and toes that randoml;y fall off...

grey fox
I agree with pretty much all that, except that I don't find Black Widow particularly boring. But... she should die. And stay dead. In Ultimates 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And as for Iron MAn's realism vanishig... well, it's too late for Loeb... Orson SCott Card beat him to it with tales of blue brain babies, radioactive monkey infections and toes that randoml;y fall off...

Your speaking of the IM miniseries right ?

I'm talking about the armour over-all

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Looks like an Evangelion.

NO !

Evangelions look cool (At least unit 01 does) this thing just looks like a slightly more manga-ish version of Extremis.

King KAM
I actually think the art looks fine so far. I mean its No Mcniven but, It will do.

What I am more worried about is the fact that they better not **** up the ****ing plot, or i swear to ****ing god i will ****ing kill every man woman and ****ing child involved.

I love this ****ing comic and wait about half a ****ing year for just 1 issue with a ****ing smile....if they **** this one up they will pay....ooooohhhhh will they ****ing pay

xmarksthespot
NO !

Evangelions look cool (At least unit 01 does) this thing just looks like a slightly more manga-ish version of Extremis. Looks like a rip-off of the Mass Production Evangelions.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9766/attachment2qb4.th.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/Info_eva04.gif

grey fox
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Looks like a rip-off of the Mass Production Evangelions.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9766/attachment2qb4.th.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/Info_eva04.gif

Ohhhhh....

Meh , never did like those things (Minus the really cool wings)

roughrider
Originally posted by Disappear
so let's all decide to not buy it before the second series has even ended!

yes, jeph loeb isn't ideal. yes, the art is certainly different. if you want the same thing all the time, just read your back issues. at least let these guys get a foot in the door before saying the series will be ending "crappily." who knows why they're breaking away from the government? maybe it's millar's idea at the end of the next issue. will that make it a better idea to you, if it's not loeb's?

christ...

Hasn't the second series ended? Wrapped up in the cliffhanger return of Thor, to face Loki?

marvelprince
No. There is one issue left. My guess is that it'll conclude the fight with Loki and Thor, establish Thor as an actual god and not delusional and set the stage for the Ultimates breaking awau from the government.

grey fox
I'm feeling calmer now and in retrospect I dont think Joe Mad is a bad artist , just that he isn't suited to this kind of Comic. It's a grim and gritty thing , unlike his usual Manga styled drawings.

Doctor S.T.D.
Loeb just can't write politically etc... its going to feel like 616 Avengers in every way... sad

The first interesting thing i have read all day. I completely agree, although i don't dislike Loebs work nearly as much as everyone else does, its hard to see him recreating the realistic edgy genre created by Millar. I would have put Ellis or Brubaker on the book.

Super Guy
Got to agree there, STD. I can just Brubaker with Lark or Maleev doing one Hell of a job... droolio... but NO! Marvel dumps up with a stereotypical superhro writer (don't get me wrong, I like Loeb, but he's no Millar)... and a frickin' manga artist guy! mad

grey fox
Got to agree there, STD. I can just Brubaker with Lark or Maleev doing one Hell of a job... droolio... but NO! Marvel dumps up with a stereotypical superhro writer (don't get me wrong, I like Loeb, but he's no Millar)... and a frickin' manga artist guy! mad

Hey , His Artistry may not be 'comic book elite' but it gives a new spin on things . Plus his taskmaster looks f*ckin awesome !

Beta Ray Howard
At least Iron Man won't look like a glorified can opener anymore.

willRules
I haven't got much against the art and the storyline may be fine. It's just that it has high expectations to live up to and what the previews state about changing are the last things that need changing. It could turn out ok but it's not a good first impression sad

Super Guy
I LIKED the "glorified can opener" look! At least it looked like a guy could actually realistically fit inside the armour!

Beta Ray Howard
Well, after reading Orson Scott Card's Ult. Iron Man mini, I honestly expected the armor to become more streamlined in the future.

The one thing about Millar though is his Ultimates were essentially gonna become a carbon copy of the Authority. I really don't want that.

Super Guy
I'd rather that than they became a carbon copy of the 616 Avengers...

Beta Ray Howard
I don't think they will, to be honest. Under Loeb, they may get a power increase, but that's about it. They'd have to undergo a LOT of changes to be like the 616 Avengers.

H. S. 6
Talk about a step in the wrong direction...

Super Guy
I don't think they will, to be honest. Under Loeb, they may get a power increase, but that's about it. They'd have to undergo a LOT of changes to be like the 616 Avengers. As they would to be a clone of The Authority...

Dinalfos
Ta daa...the Hulk...

crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby

Kill me! Kill me now!

How dare they treat my precious Hulkie like that rifle

Superguy
Bump. Loeb's interview with IGN discussed volume 3:
http://comics.ign.com/articles/761/761116p1.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.